PDA

View Full Version : Flake, in New Hampshire, mulls 2020 challenge to Trump

Swordsmyth
03-16-2018, 07:05 PM
Retiring U.S. Sen. Jeff Flake, an inveterate critic of President Donald Trump, charged in a Thursday speech to the National Press Club that his fellow Republicans “might not deserve to lead” because of their blind loyalty to the president.
The Arizonan also said he could wage a 2020 GOP primary challenge against Trump.
"It's not in my plan to run for president, but I am not ruling it out. Somebody needs to stand up for traditional Republicanism," Flake said. "Somebody needs to raise that, for nothing else than to give people hope that that decent party will be back. We'll get through this."

More at: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2018/03/16/arizonas-flake-in-new-hampshire-mulls-2020-challenge-to-trump.html

Swordsmyth
03-16-2018, 07:07 PM
And if Trump's standing with the base doesn't fade, Flake would consider a presidential bid as an independent.
"I'm not ruling that out either," he said. "There are going to be a lot of other people in the party looking for something else."

timosman
03-16-2018, 07:12 PM
And if Trump's standing with the base doesn't fade, Flake would consider a presidential bid as an independent.
"I'm not ruling that out either," he said. "There are going to be a lot of other people in the party looking for something else."

We can not allow our friends in DNC to fade into irrelevance. The foundation of our system is a close 50/50 split. :cool:

oyarde
03-16-2018, 08:07 PM
Flake would not be able to raise money is my guess .

Swordsmyth
03-16-2018, 08:09 PM
Flake would not be able to raise money is my guess .

There are plenty of RINO donors around.

oyarde
03-16-2018, 08:16 PM

I think they would want to feel they have a chance to win before they start writing checks .

Swordsmyth
03-16-2018, 08:18 PM
I think they would want to feel they have a chance to win before they start writing checks .

Many of them would be happy to see a Demoncrat win.

RonZeplin
03-16-2018, 08:53 PM
Just about anyone can beat Flake. Hopefully others will be encouraged to challenge Trump.

Superfluous Man
03-16-2018, 10:57 PM
Flake has been terrible since becoming a senator.

But I'd take him over Trump.

Swordsmyth
03-16-2018, 10:59 PM
Flake has been terrible since becoming a senator.

But I'd take him over Trump.

He would get even worse as President than he was in the Senate, he would be much worse than Trump.

RonZeplin
03-16-2018, 11:05 PM
https://youtu.be/ClQ9YMZxKhQ

nikcers
03-16-2018, 11:18 PM
Trump got their support last time he'll get their support next time.

nobody's_hero
03-16-2018, 11:25 PM

He was nudged over by the sheer number of Americans fed up with being labeled racists every night on the evening newzzz.

If Trump gets re-elected, it'll have more to do with how democrats behave than what Trump says or promises. They should probably get some new material other than "racists!!!" or "Russians!!!" because frankly people are tired of whining Democrats.

Swordsmyth
03-16-2018, 11:28 PM

Whatever you think of DJTvsg he is no longer fashionable, there are plenty of "moderate" Republicans itching for a chance to finance a jackass in elephant's clothing to take the nomination or run as a spoiler independent in 2020.

Swordsmyth
03-16-2018, 11:30 PM
He was nudged over by the sheer number of Americans fed up with being labeled racists every night on the evening newzzz.

If Trump gets re-elected, it'll have more to do with how democrats behave than what Trump says or promises. They should probably get some new material other than "racists!!!" or "Russians!!!" because frankly people are tired of whining Democrats.

At the present time he is set to win in a landslide because they are veering off into the deep end further.
The blue wave is going to be a blue ebb tide.

nikcers
03-16-2018, 11:45 PM

Mitt Romney gave Trump the biggest endorsement an establishment RINO could of given him. He couldnt of gotten less people to vote for Trump unless he gave that same endorsement to Ted Cruz.