PDA

View Full Version : The Ron Paul Phenomenon, a PBS Documentary (AWESOME!!!)

qwerty
12-12-2007, 02:30 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IMi8ZzpHfvA

AWESOME!

:cool:

qwerty
12-12-2007, 02:33 AM
Trevor is a humble man!!!!

Peterjar
12-12-2007, 02:34 AM
A breaking Point, and right before the teaparty!

fletcher
12-12-2007, 02:48 AM
Wow. Is the whole thing going to be about Trevor? LOL. Why exactly does Trevor get credit for creating the 5th when it was someone else that did? Is a website more important than a video?

1town
12-12-2007, 02:57 AM
Wow. Is the whole thing going to be about Trevor? LOL. Why exactly does Trevor get credit for creating the 5th when it was someone else that did? Is a website more important than a video?

There were alot of videos. There was one site. It's not like Trevor is being an ass about it, he humbly downplayed his significance.

rpfreedom08
12-12-2007, 03:07 AM
yeah, yeah common guys it's great he is getting recognition and then just handing it back to the people. The media needed a name and a face behind the donation day since it wasn't the campaign HQ, so they picked trevor who had the website. I think he is well spoken and humble just like paul, he is a good spokes person for the grassroots effort on that day :)

fletcher
12-12-2007, 03:07 AM
There were alot of videos. There was one site. It's not like Trevor is being an ass about it, he humbly downplayed his significance.

I'm not talking about the videos that came after the idea. I'm talking about the video that created the idea. $100 donation on November 5th to Ron Paul. Afterwards Trevor took the idea and made a website. Why doesn't the person that made the original video get credit for the day? Seems like Trevor pushed his name out there and took credit. The media ate it up because they need a single person to credit. They still don't understand true grassroots.

BTW here is the original video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yh_9fip694A

qwerty
12-12-2007, 03:11 AM
Trevor said, it was all of us!

Libertarian
12-12-2007, 03:51 AM
Thanks, but I think there is one more segment in the actual documentary. This is just a preview. :)

qwerty
12-12-2007, 07:52 AM
bump!

1town
12-12-2007, 07:57 AM
I'm not talking about the videos that came after the idea. I'm talking about the video that created the idea. $100 donation on November 5th to Ron Paul. Afterwards Trevor took the idea and made a website. Why doesn't the person that made the original video get credit for the day? Seems like Trevor pushed his name out there and took credit. The media ate it up because they need a single person to credit. They still don't understand true grassroots.
That was my point, they needed a guy, the one who made the pledge site was the obvious choice.

steph3n
12-12-2007, 08:10 AM
That was my point, they needed a guy, the one who made the pledge site was the obvious choice.

:) Fletcher just hates Trevor.

krott5333
12-12-2007, 08:49 AM
i think its funny that everyone is jealous of trevor.

He's doing a lot of great things, and its all for Ron Paul. Relax folks. I'd much rather have him be in the position that he is, than some kooky 9/11 truther type that yells at Glenn Beck during his book signings.

BrianH
12-12-2007, 08:57 AM
This half an hour on Prime Time for Ron Paul. This is bigger than 7 or 10 minutes on a talk show!! I have taken out 2 ads in SE Iowa. The Des Moines Register costs $159 a column inch so our ad would cost $1200 to promote - we NEED to get the message out, the campaign is too busy to focus on this - we can design an ad today if there are some supporters out there who'd like to help. Here's the two ads we are placing in small SE Iowa papers on Thursday:
http://files.meetup.com/523165/Reader%20Ad%205.pdf
http://files.meetup.com/523165/Fairfield%20Ledger%20Ad%202.pdf
http://files.meetup.com/523165/Reader%20Ad%205.pdf
http://files.meetup.com/523165/Fairfield%20Ledger%20Ad%202.pdf

Channing
12-12-2007, 09:26 AM
i think its funny that everyone is jealous of trevor.

He's doing a lot of great things, and its all for Ron Paul. Relax folks. I'd much rather have him be in the position that he is, than some kooky 9/11 truther type that yells at Glenn Beck during his book signings.

How do you know that Trevor's not a 9/11 truther?

Wayne Hammond
12-12-2007, 09:29 AM
How do you know that Trevor's not a 9/11 truther?

He is at 9/11 truther. But he's got enough sense not to parrot all that sort of stuff in front of the press. That type of conspiratorial view would marginalize our efforts at this point. I think he's being smart.

CavortingChicken
12-12-2007, 09:36 AM
Was that just a clip or was that the whole segment that will be aired on PBS friday?

pacelli
12-12-2007, 09:39 AM

No, it isn't all about Trevor. He didn't claim credit for it. At the end of the 7 minute clip, he said that he played his role, "but it was all of us". I think it highlights the fact that Dr. Paul's message is more important than a website, a video, or even Dr. Paul himself.

Todd
12-12-2007, 09:48 AM
I went to PBS website...couldn't find a time. What is the time this airs this Friday.

maeqFREEDOMfree
12-12-2007, 09:51 AM
nice video

maeqFREEDOMfree
12-12-2007, 09:52 AM
one more thing... i also agree that the media is just trying to come up with a face behind this.. not too many people have lived long enough to see such a mass movement such as the one we are a part of so they don't know what to make of it.. press on paulites! this is working!

shadowhooch
12-12-2007, 10:00 AM

Man, you are such a downer lately.
A famous person once said, "Chiggety check yo self before you wreck yo self!":D;)

Mithridates
12-12-2007, 10:09 AM
Anybody who has spent any time with the media knows they ALWAYS look for a figurehead, and then exaggerate what they've done. People that don't know how the media works often suspect that the person interviewed was a part of it; that's almost never the case. I remember an interview for a Korean newspaper here back in 2004 where they asked about the languages I knew, and I replied that three were fluent, two were pretty good, and two others I had taken a look at for a month or so. Next week's headline: "Interview with foreigner perfectly fluent in seven languages." Argh... the next few days were full of Korean fletchers writing 'don't believe this guy who says he knows seven languages, he's just full of himself!'

Luckily in this case whatever's good for Trevor is good for Ron Paul. I hope after Ron Paul is president that Trevor makes a billion dollars. And everybody else here too.

stefans
12-12-2007, 10:20 AM

BTW here is the original video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yh_9fip694A

I can tell you why. because we tried to downplay the V for vendetta reference after we had dozens of threads about the impact.
and it worked.