PDA

View Full Version : Trump finalizing opioid plan that includes death penalty for drug dealers

Anti Federalist
03-15-2018, 10:07 PM
He's coming to NH to stump for this?

Oh god no, please, don't...fuck's sake this guy.

Trump finalizing opioid plan that includes death penalty for drug dealers: Report

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/policy/healthcare/trump-finalizing-opioid-plan-that-includes-death-penalty-for-drug-dealers-report

by Katelyn Caralle | March 15, 2018 02:50 PM

The Trump administration's plan to fight the opioid addiction crisis is in the last stages of finalization, and is expected to include a push for the death penalty for drug dealers in certain situations.

The administration will call for the death penalty as an option in “certain cases where opioid, including Fentanyl-related, drug dealing and trafficking are directly responsible for death,” Politico reported, citing language circulating the White House the past week.

The plan has been making its way around political appointees this month and could be released as soon as Monday when President Trump visits New Hampshire, which has been hit heavily by the epidemic.

“For the first time since the campaign, the President and First Lady will be traveling to New Hampshire on Monday to further enforce the administration’s commitment to combatting the opioid crisis," said Lindsay Walters, deputy White House press secretary, in a statement to the Washington Examiner.

Trump’s ambitious plan worries some advocates because it could prove too costly. Public health care advocates and law enforcement officials often don’t see eye to eye when it comes to how to handle the opioid crisis, causing more internal conflict as the White House tries to finalize the plan.

“There is a lot of internal dissension between the health folks and the enforcement folks,” said an official involved in the process.

The plan would also make it easier to invoke mandatory minimum for sentencing drug traffickers who knowingly are distributing illegal opioids that can be lethal.

kcchiefs6465
03-15-2018, 10:08 PM
Lol

r3volution 3.0
03-15-2018, 10:20 PM
He's coming to NH to stump for this?

Oh god no, please, don't...fuck's sake this guy.
I toldya so.. (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?480115-Trump-Opposition-Research-Thread&p=5954359&viewfull=1#post5954359)

dannno
03-15-2018, 10:29 PM
The administration will call for the death penalty as an option in “certain cases where opioid, including Fentanyl-related, drug dealing and trafficking are directly responsible for death,” Politico reported, citing language circulating the White House the past week.

How would the free market handle a situation where a company knowingly mis-represented their product that caused massive amounts of deaths? Probably not the death penalty, but I'm guessing there could be some murder charges.

I don't support the death penalty at all tho. Not to mention the fentanyl problem is caused by the war on drugs.

Brian4Liberty
03-15-2018, 10:34 PM
What is the model that Trump is looking to now? A Muslim nation? Singapore?

Corporal punishment should be considered too. Why not?

CCTelander
03-15-2018, 10:35 PM
Does that mean they'll be executing CIA operatives and their superiors now?

kcchiefs6465
03-15-2018, 10:40 PM
What is the model that Trump is looking to now? A Muslim nation? Singapore?

Corporal punishment should be considered too. Why not?
Phillipines, right?

Nirvikalpa
03-15-2018, 11:47 PM
It's sad. I am responsible for managing a program aimed at reducing opioid misuse in my area, so this hits home.

Shame what OxyContin, the FDA, and a horrible campaign by Perdue Pharma based on complete lies ultimately led to.

Origanalist
03-16-2018, 08:51 AM
Does that mean they'll be executing CIA operatives and their superiors now?

Sure, and then we all get reparations from the federal reserve for the dollar being devalued.

pao
03-16-2018, 08:54 AM
Does that include drug manufactures, their CEOs, people that transport the drugs, the pharmacists that dispense them?

VIDEODROME
03-16-2018, 09:11 AM
https://heroinismyheroin.files.wordpress.com/2016/10/rodrigo-duterte.jpg

Anti Federalist
03-16-2018, 09:41 AM
It's sad. I am responsible for managing a program aimed at reducing opioid misuse in my area, so this hits home.

Shame what OxyContin, the FDA, and a horrible campaign by Perdue Pharma based on complete lies ultimately led to.
Nirvikalpa

Hi Nirva, nice to see you.

Care to expand on the Perdue Pharma angle from your perspective?

Thanks.

undergroundrr
03-16-2018, 11:18 AM
He thinks China is a good model to emulate:

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?520248-Trump-on-Drug-Dealers-Moon-Township&p=6600887&viewfull=1#post6600887

CCTelander
03-16-2018, 11:33 AM
Sure, and then we all get reparations from the federal reserve for the dollar being devalued.

Where do I sign up?

Nirvikalpa
03-16-2018, 08:17 PM
Nirvikalpa

Hi Nirva, nice to see you.

Care to expand on the Perdue Pharma angle from your perspective?

Thanks.

When OxyContin first hit the market in 1996, Perdue published that "delayed absorption as provided by OxyContin tablets, is believed to reduce the abuse liability of a drug.” That was literally OxyContin's tag line and a mass-marketing campaign around it began. Doctors began prescribing it for moderate, chronic pain, when before opioids were primarily used for cancer patients and post-surgical for acute pain. Unfortunately, Perdue never did any type of clinical trial to show it was less likely to be abused or less likely to become a dependence for those who were prescribed it.

There was a lot of shady communication between the FDA and Perdue the first years that OxyContin hit the market.

This is a wonderful article on it: https://www.marketplace.org/2017/12/13/health-care/uncertain-hour/opioid

My favorite part:

Former FDA medical officer Curtis Wright, who led the FDA’s review of OxyContin, testified that he also does not remember who wrote it, but said, "the label makes an extremely weak statement about a class of drugs.” Two years after leaving the FDA, Wright took a job at Purdue.

oyarde
03-16-2018, 08:20 PM
Once trump kills all the dopers who will be left on RPF's ?

Swordsmyth
03-16-2018, 08:27 PM
Once trump kills all the dopers who will be left on RPF's ?

Just me, it will be lonely.

Danke
03-16-2018, 10:08 PM

#metoo

Swordsmyth
03-16-2018, 10:15 PM
#metoo

At least one of us will have someone intelligent to talk to.;):D

oyarde
03-16-2018, 10:19 PM

Tell Danke I am sorry , I had no idea they were going to try and kill him .

Swordsmyth
03-16-2018, 10:21 PM

When and how did you slip him some peyote?

Danke
03-16-2018, 10:21 PM

Swordsmyth, just ignore the Injun scalper.

Swordsmyth
03-16-2018, 10:25 PM
Swordsmyth, just ignore the Injun scalper.

How many Injuns did you scalp?

Danke
03-16-2018, 10:28 PM
How many Injuns did you scalp?

classified

KingRobbStark
12-08-2019, 03:01 AM
When OxyContin first hit the market in 1996, Perdue published that "delayed absorption as provided by OxyContin tablets, is believed to reduce the abuse liability of a drug.” That was literally OxyContin's tag line and a mass-marketing campaign around it began. Doctors began prescribing it for moderate, chronic pain, when before opioids were primarily used for cancer patients and post-surgical for acute pain. Unfortunately, Perdue never did any type of clinical trial to show it was less likely to be abused or less likely to become a dependence for those who were prescribed it.

There was a lot of shady communication between the FDA and Perdue the first years that OxyContin hit the market.

This is a wonderful article on it: https://www.marketplace.org/2017/12/13/health-care/uncertain-hour/opioid

My favorite part:

Thanks for that