PDA

View Full Version : Here's a Strange Proposal

Fox McCloud
12-12-2007, 01:57 AM
Ok, well, I'm not sure if you guys noticed this or not, but Dennis Kucinnich wants Ron Paul to be his running mate.

Now, let's say Ron Paul asked Dennis Kucinnich to be his running mate.

(now please don't throw the "they're total opposites" at me, I know this...and wouldn't support the idea, this is just a "what-if").

Ok, let's say Dennis got the Democratic nomination....

and Ron Paul got the Republican nomination.

It'd be strange, wouldn't it? In the general elections, it'd pretty much be competing over who gets to be President, with the loser being Vice President.

it won't happen, but I wonder if there's any rules/regulations that governs if this was to ever happen.

Conza88
12-12-2007, 02:42 AM
This has been noticed and mentioned before.
Anyway, if Kuninich wins (miracle) and RP (matter of time) that'd be cool. Fight for PRez. RP would win anyway.. i spouse have kucinich as vp, to keep RP safe? lol.

TheIndependent
12-12-2007, 02:50 AM
There's something to be said for having the balls to place an almost diametric opposite on most issues as your #2. It shows a willingness to work across party lines, which is something I can't fathom any other candidate would even consider the possibility of (outside of Kucinich, and maybe Gravel).

That said, I'd still vote for Paul even if he put Kucinich in as VP. Both of them have the courage to speak their convictions rather than pander to their respective constituencies. Even though I disagree with Kucinich on nearly everything other than his stance on the war, I still have to respect him for that point alone. I'd rather have someone honest I don't agree with than someone who panders endlessly and disagree with.

(As you can tell, pandering pisses me right off even if it would be ultimately to my own personal benefit.)

Hope
12-12-2007, 03:07 AM
I don't think Kucinich said that because he wants to work across party lines. He said it because he knows how much support Ron Paul has and he wants to cash in on it.

Every time one of these posts is made, there arises the danger of a conservative who's just warming up to Ron Paul seeing it and thinking, "WTF? If a communist like Kucinich likes Ron Paul, maybe this isn't the candidate I'm looking for!" We need to ignore it and move on. We have better things to talk about than this.

MooCowzRock
12-12-2007, 03:14 AM
Never Ever Ever Ever Ever Ever Ever Ever!