PDA

View Full Version : IL-State house passes bill to confiscate semiauto guns belonging to 18-20 year olds

Anti Federalist
03-12-2018, 12:13 PM
And in reading the bill, there is no mention of compensation.

State Congress Passes Bill to Confiscate Legal Guns from All 18-20-year-olds

http://thefreethoughtproject.com/state-congress-passes-bill-to-confiscate-legal-guns-from-all-18-20-year-olds/

The Illinois House has passed a bill that will force legal gun owners to turn in their weapons to the government or become criminals overnight.

By Matt Agorist - March 11, 2018

Illinois — The Illinois House has passed a bill that will require legal gun owners to hand over ownership of heretofore legally possessed guns. Now, this most tyrannical bill has moved to the Senate and is one step away from becoming law.

The bill, HB 1465 was sponsored in the House by Rep. Michelle Mussman (D-Schaumburg) and passed with a vote of 64-51 last month.

The legislation would prohibit anyone under 21-years-old from buying or possessing commonly-owned semi-automatic rifles, high-capacity weapons that can hold more than ten rounds, their subsequent attachments, and .50-caliber rifles and cartridges.

They would have 90 days to turn in their guns to the government or become criminals.

Naturally, those opposed to the bill have been outspoken pointing out the tyranny of the government stealing once-legally owned property from individuals based on the arbitrary number of birthdays they’ve had.

Mussman claims that the bill won’t have cops going door to door to confiscate weapons—yet—but it will make keeping your once-legal gun a crime.

Rest assured that this is the exact same model that Donald Trump is pushing for on the federal level as he has already been outspoken about taking guns from 18-20-year-old adults.

Earlier this month, President Donald Trump betrayed his base and Americans in general as he advocated for confiscating guns with no due process.

“I like taking the guns early like in this crazy man’s case that just took place in Florida … to go to court would have taken a long time,” Trump said at a meeting with lawmakers on school safety and gun violence.

“Take the guns first, go through due process second,” Trump said.

This blatant attack on the very thing that makes America great, due process, has been in the making since before the Florida shooting, but Trump appears to be striking while the iron is hot.

And his supporters couldn’t care less.

Earlier this month, president Trump told a group of lawmakers that they must do something to keep guns away from mentally ill individuals – even if that means raising the minimum age for rifle ownership to 21 and making all 18-20 year-olds who have guns, criminals overnight. He is also going after gun parts as well.

His attack on the Constitution has gotten him praise by the left and is met with silence by his supporters who are conducting mental gymnastics to praise this man who is calling for the removal of due process and the removal of their right to self-defense.

While the current legislation in Illinois claims to only go after semi-automatic rifles, the wording of the bill also makes it possible to go after handguns too if they decide to interpret the definition in a certain way.

As the bill states, it will ban any weapon with “a shroud that is attached to, or partially or completely encircles the barrel.”

This could technically be applied to most modern handguns.

Indeed, the now-expired Federal Assault Weapons Ban included a barrel shroud in its list of features for which a semi-automatic pistol could be banned (two features in the list were required), the logic being that a barrel shroud would be cool enough for a shooter to grip and better control their firearm.

It seems that the hollow claim by government that “nobody wants to confiscate your guns” is nothing more than a pack of lies used to calm those who aren’t paying attention.

Make no mistake, even if this bill does not affect you directly, it is just the beginning. Government works in increments to erode everyone’s rights but slowly enough so people can continue to think “it won’t affect me.” Remember this warning for the future as more and more people are stripped of their right to defend themselves—first, they came for the under 21-year-olds.

phill4paul
03-12-2018, 12:14 PM
First they came for the young adults guns.......

CCTelander
03-12-2018, 12:50 PM
Apparently all it took was one blow hard with a bully pulpit to open the flood gates to every pernicious victim disarmament (gun control) law the stupid, insane or evil gun grabbers have had on their wish lists for the last couple of decades.

pcosmar
03-12-2018, 12:54 PM
And as I recall,, IllNoise has strict gun registration upon purchase so they already know who the created criminals are.

I would think it would be a dangerous place to be right now.

CCTelander
03-12-2018, 01:00 PM
And as I recall,, IllNoise has strict gun registration upon purchase so they already know who the created criminals are.

I would think it would be a dangerous place to be right now.

NICS amounts to de facto federal registration of every new firearm purchase since it went into effect. The FBI has been caught numerous times retaining these records long after they were legally required to destroy them with no consequences whatsoever. Just sayin'.

Swordsmyth
03-12-2018, 01:02 PM
The land of Lincoln: enslaving free men since 1861.

pcosmar
03-12-2018, 01:12 PM
NICS amounts to de facto federal registration of every new firearm purchase since it went into effect. The FBI has been caught numerous times retaining these records long after they were legally required to destroy them with no consequences whatsoever. Just sayin'.

That too,, but state specific,,
https://www.ispfsb.com/Public/FOID.aspx

FOID ,,,Firearm Owners Identification

CCTelander
03-12-2018, 01:27 PM
That too,, but state specific,,
https://www.ispfsb.com/Public/FOID.aspx

FOID ,,,Firearm Owners Identification

Yep. That system has been in place at least since the 1970s. IIRC it grew out of Cook County. So many abominations originate in Cook County.

Brian4Liberty
03-12-2018, 02:30 PM
Clearly and blatantly unconstitutional.

No Bill of Attainder or ex post facto Law shall be passed.

No State shall enter into any Treaty, Alliance, or Confederation; grant Letters of Marque and Reprisal; coin Money; emit Bills of Credit; make any Thing but gold and silver Coin a Tender in Payment of Debts; pass any Bill of Attainder, ex post facto Law, or Law impairing the Obligation of Contracts, or grant any Title of Nobility.

Anti Federalist
03-12-2018, 02:38 PM
Clearly and blatantly unconstitutional.

Take the guns now, we'll worry about the constitution later.

Just imagine if Obama had tried this or said this.

I will never vote GOP for president again for the rest of my life.

The only thing those worthless cocksuckers are good for is being an opposition party.

Dr.3D
03-12-2018, 02:48 PM
Bought my Marlin Model 60 semi-automatic 22lr when I was just a kid. Holds 14 rounds in the magazine tube.

I just can't imagine them coming by and confiscating it back then.

Swordsmyth
03-12-2018, 02:49 PM

The only thing those worthless $#@!s are good for is being an opposition party.

Just make sure to vote for the candidate not the party, Rand will be a Republican if he runs again and so might other true liberty candidates.

oyarde
03-12-2018, 03:35 PM
Well , I never thought trump would have a primary opponent of any significance , but might now .Illinois is basically like an east coast state in middle america . This is clearly against the law so it should be challenged in court immediately . I will chip in a couple bucks if anyone is working on it already .

DamianTV
03-12-2018, 05:01 PM
Moral: Don't ever register your guns.

“This year will go down in history. For the first time, a civilized nation has full gun registration! Our streets will be safer, our police more efficient, and the world will follow our lead into the future!”
- Adolph Hitler April 15, 1935

Brian4Liberty
03-12-2018, 05:38 PM
Just make sure to vote for the candidate not the party, Rand will be a Republican if he runs again and so might other true liberty candidates.

Unfortunately, the GOP challengers in the Primary to Trump will probably be big government neocons/teocons like Kucinich John Kasich and Flake.

Brian4Liberty
03-12-2018, 05:41 PM

The only thing those worthless cocksuckers are good for is being an opposition party.

The majority of Congess fully agrees with any big government warfare-welfare state actions, thus they don't give a damn about Constitutional process or constraints. It is not rule of law, it is rule of the plutocracy.

Anti Federalist
03-12-2018, 05:43 PM
Moral: Don't ever register your guns.

In New Jerky, Ill-Annoy and Massholechusetts you have no choice.

There may be other states, but I know in those three, every firearm purchase is recorded and stored in a central state database.

specsaregood
03-12-2018, 06:04 PM
There may be other states, but I know in those three, every firearm purchase is recorded and stored in a central state database.

Hell, you even have to sign a document basically saying you aren't part of any groups that want to take over the govt.

Raginfridus
03-12-2018, 06:16 PM
Yep. That system has been in place at least since the 1970s. IIRC it grew out of Cook County. So many abominations originate in Cook County.

Abeominations

Raginfridus
03-12-2018, 06:18 PM
Hell, you even have to sign a document basically saying you aren't part of any groups that want to take over the govt.Excluding Democrats and Republicans, of course.

oyarde
03-12-2018, 06:21 PM
Hell, you even have to sign a document basically saying you aren't part of any groups that want to take over the govt.
They do not ask me that here . Guess they know I would laugh at them .

Raginfridus
03-12-2018, 06:23 PM
They do not ask me that here . Guess they know I would laugh at them .

Did your forebears ever make peace with the White Chief?

oyarde
03-12-2018, 06:26 PM
Did your forebears ever make peace with the White Chief?
No .Never . We will sign no treaty . That is why we had to buy our land instead of being given a pc .

CCTelander
03-12-2018, 06:41 PM
Abeominations

LOL!

Anti Federalist
03-12-2018, 09:32 PM

I still have a copy of my NJ FOID and Handgun Purchase Permits

DamianTV
03-12-2018, 09:59 PM

Theres always a choice. The Illusion is that a person is not offered a choice, and they will always threaten violence against the people to protect themselves.

And like Ron Paul said, making anything illegal only creates a Black Market for it. Thus, if unregistered firearms are made illegal, it is the govt, not the people, that created the underground gun market.

pcosmar
03-12-2018, 10:37 PM
I still have a copy of my NJ FOID and Handgun Purchase Permits

so do they

Anti Federalist
03-12-2018, 10:49 PM
so do they

I'm quite sure of it Pete.

I'm so far in the matrix it's not even funny.

I'm in 10 government databases that I can think off the top of my head, which means I'm probably in three times that amount.

seapilot
03-12-2018, 10:56 PM

I bought a new firearm once, lost it when hiking in the woods. I bought another one and lost it when I fell into a river. I have really bad luck.

RonZeplin
03-12-2018, 11:14 PM
Unfortunately, the GOP challengers in the Primary to Trump will probably be big government neocons/teocons like Kucinich and Flake.

Kuchinch is neither a Republican, nor anything remotely resembling a neocon. He's a non interventionist, on the Ron Paul Institute Advisory Board, and running for Ohio governor as a Democrat.

Here are the facts. Kucinich has long been a supporter of nonintervention overseas. That includes in Syria. Over his 16 years in the House as a Democratic representative from Ohio, Kucinich opposed US “regime change” efforts and wars no matter the political party affiliations of the president and congressional leadership pushing such. Kucinich has also long been an opponent of so-called globalist policies in the form of huge international trade deals.

Kucinich, who served in Congress as a Democrat and is now running for Ohio governor in that party’s primary, has not been a party-line guy who follows leadership orders and blindly joins in whatever attacks are being hurled at people in the opposing political party. If, in his judgement, he sees a Republican is being unfairly attacked, do not be surprised to see Kucinich defend the Republican or at least refrain from joining in the attack.

Indeed, Kucinich’s independence has enabled him to consistently take his stands against foreign intervention and huge trade deals even when his party leadership supported the opposite.

On these issues, as well as others including opposing the USA PATRIOT Act, Kucinich would work with like-minded Republicans in the House. Among them was then-Rep. Ron Paul (R-TX). In fact, Paul was so impressed by his interactions with Kucinich that, when Paul decided to found the Ron Paul Institute for Peace and Prosperity (RPI) after leaving the House, Paul invited Kucinich to join the institute’s Advisory Board. Kucinich accepted the invitation and spoke at the 2013 event announcing the institute’s formation as well as at RPI’s 2017 annual conference.

In his speech at the 2013 RPI inaugural event, Kucinich said (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rx1DrVX058c), “I’m shoulder to shoulder with Ron Paul in being concerned about how war enables the state to become more powerful; and, as a result, it deprives our citizens not only of economic vitality, but also of civil liberties.” Continuing, Kucinich expressed that RPI “has so much importance because it will provide a place for people to gather from across the political spectrum so that we can as Americans address our common concerns about freedom, about peace, about prosperity, and, in doing so, help to rescue our country from a trajectory that it’s on right now that can only lead to our destruction.”

http://www.ronpaulinstitute.org/archives/featured-articles/2018/february/01/dennis-kucinich-hit-with-spurious-criticism-over-fox-news-connection/

dannno
03-13-2018, 12:30 AM
Future uncertain for proposed Illinois gun laws
Gov. Bruce Rauner seems to be leaning against the one new, proposed gun law that Illinois lawmakers sent him.

The rest are bottled up in the Senate as lawmakers try and find a future for gun control in the state. The Illinois House and Senate stamped their approval on a half dozen or so gun control plans at the beginning of the month. But they fully approved just one, a new plan to create state licenses for smaller gun dealers in Illinois.

Last week, Gov. Rauner said he's not sure about that plan.

"The federal government already regulates these gun dealers," the governor said Friday. "We’ve gotta be careful about putting too many redundant regulations that won’t really change or improve anything, but it may actually hurt small businesses in the state of Illinois."

https://www.ilnews.org/news/state_politics/future-uncertain-for-proposed-illinois-gun-laws/article_c175c380-2601-11e8-a236-5f55d1be2f14.html

timosman
03-13-2018, 02:09 AM

pcosmar
03-13-2018, 09:00 AM
I'm quite sure of it Pete.

I'm so far in the matrix it's not even funny.

I'm in 10 government databases that I can think off the top of my head, which means I'm probably in three times that amount.

I know of and have seen a file 4 inches thick,, and that is only part of mine.

It has the proof of some of my wild stories. and then some no doubt.

but I'm pretty sure that few have access to it..

Hell,,my court transcripts are sealed and I can't even get them.

they were not sealed for MY protection.

Brian4Liberty
03-13-2018, 09:46 AM
Kuchinch is neither a Republican, nor anything remotely resembling a neocon. He's a non interventionist, on the Ron Paul Institute Advisory Board, and running for Ohio governor as a Democrat.

Of course. I meant John Kasich. He's such an impressive figure that I couldn't even remember his name. ;)

CaptUSA
03-13-2018, 09:57 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3OaF-j8x5Vc

CCTelander
03-13-2018, 10:02 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3OaF-j8x5Vc

"You must spread some Reputation around ..."

Anti Federalist
03-13-2018, 10:14 AM
"You must spread some Reputation around ..."

Covered...great movie, that.

CCTelander
03-13-2018, 10:20 AM
Covered...great movie, that.

One of my all time favorites.

CaptUSA
03-13-2018, 10:24 AM

John Milius. Pretty sure most of us can relate. ;)

(ETA: I'm not a violent man, but I seriously wanted to throat-punch anyone involved in that ridiculous desecration of a remake a few years ago)

osan
03-13-2018, 11:05 AM
Nothing to see here... move along...

thetruthhurtsthefed
03-13-2018, 01:47 PM
So.....when a 25 yr old shoots up a parking lot or school will the new narrative/direction be; all 20-25 yr olds cannot own semi autos?
So.....when a 30 yr old shoots up a parking lot or school will the new narrative/direction be; all 25-30 yr olds cannot own semi autos?

BarryDonegan
03-15-2018, 09:00 PM
This bill has passed the Senate as well now and heads back to the house for reconsiliation.

http://truthinmedia.com/under-21-assault-weapon-ban-gun-surrender-illinois/

kcchiefs6465
03-15-2018, 09:06 PM
Nothing to see here... move along...
So are you now ready to quit mincing words and call Trump the piece of shit that he is?

Anti Federalist
03-15-2018, 09:15 PM

"All that hate's gonna burn you up, kid"

"Yeah, well, keeps me warm"

CCTelander
03-15-2018, 09:28 PM
"All that hate's gonna burn you up, kid"

"Yeah, well, keeps me warm"

"... the chair is against the wall. The chair is against the wall. John has a long mustache. John has a long mustache..."

Anti Federalist
03-15-2018, 09:36 PM
"... the chair is against the wall. The chair is against the wall. John has a long mustache. John has a long mustache..."

"Well, who is on our side?"

"600 million screaming Chinamen..."

"Um, last time I looked there was a billion screaming Chinamen."

"There were..."

osan
03-16-2018, 04:44 AM
So are you now ready to quit mincing words and call Trump the piece of shit that he is?

Nope. I don't base my judgments on lesser factors - at least not until the broader picture becomes clear. I am patient. Others are not. Or perhaps you all are just a whole lot smarter than I am - I admit that possibility.

What I find disturbing in all of this is the blind hatred spewing from people here. In this, I am not seeing that much difference from the SJWs and other progressives. I certainly understand why they sentiments are there; I could go there too. What I don't understand is the absence of self-control and patience. Where is the strategic-analytic mindset that used to be in strong evidence here? Something is going on and it doesn't leave me with a sense of the warm and fuzzy. Perhaps it is me.

I may be dead-wrong about all of this. Are you willing to concede the same about yourselves?

ETA: Oh and BTW, what in hell does Trump have to do with Ill-Annoy's latest and most predictable move to quash basic human rights? Seems you hung a very sudden left onto Strawman Blvd. What have I missed?

kcchiefs6465
03-16-2018, 07:31 AM
Nope. I don't base my judgments on lesser factors - at least not until the broader picture becomes clear. I am patient. Others are not. Or perhaps you all are just a whole lot smarter than I am - I admit that possibility.

What I find disturbing in all of this is the blind hatred spewing from people here. In this, I am not seeing that much difference from the SJWs and other progressives. I certainly understand why they sentiments are there; I could go there too. What I don't understand is the absence of self-control and patience. Where is the strategic-analytic mindset that used to be in strong evidence here? Something is going on and it doesn't leave me with a sense of the warm and fuzzy. Perhaps it is me.

I may be dead-wrong about all of this. Are you willing to concede the same about yourselves?

ETA: Oh and BTW, what in hell does Trump have to do with Ill-Annoy's latest and most predictable move to quash basic human rights? Seems you hung a very sudden left onto Strawman Blvd. What have I missed?
I also blindly hate SJWs and progressives (of which Trump is a progressive). It is an effect that happens when you advocate stealing my money.

Did Trump not give politial cover for raising the age limit to purchase long guns?

osan
03-16-2018, 09:30 AM
I also blindly hate SJWs and progressives (of which Trump is a progressive). It is an effect that happens when you advocate stealing my money.

SJWs, as a category, are defined, are are progressives. Therefore, you have a valid basis for your opinions.

For you, Trump is sufficiently defined. I accept that, even if I think you may be premature, which is not to say you are wrong per sé. Apparently, I see possibilities others do not and am willing to hold off my conclusions until such time as things prove out for me. As I wrote before, I am slow to come to certain opinions. This one is of sufficient significance that I am willing to pay out a little more rope.

As for Trump-as-progressive, his past stated positions certainly speak to that. People can change their views. Did Trump? Probably not. At this point it is of little practical importance. It may become far more so come the next election. Trump is almost certainly a one-term pony. The D-Phagues are going to be out in huge force, come 2020, I suspect... that is, if we have not settled things by the gun beforehand.

Did Trump not give politial cover for raising the age limit to purchase long guns?

It would appear that way, but media is difficult to trust. Time will tell - probably not that much more.

One thing I find curious is the reaction of some folks here because I'm not yet willing to call for Trump's head on a pole. I've been posting here for nine years and most of that time the people here have been talking ceaselessly about human rights - a laudable endeavor. I have exercised my right to withhold judgment on a man I have openly acknowledged is probably just another political stooge and some here seem to have walked right to the line of open contempt because I'm not yet on the "off with Trump's head!" bandwagon, despite my explicit statements that not only will I jump on it when I see fit, but will volunteer to wield the headsman's ax in the wake of what to my eyes constitute a particularly egregious betrayal, given all his campaign rhetoric.

It is interesting in a worrisome way to observe the parallels between some in the so-called "liberty movement" and those of the hard-left in terms of seemingly (to me) ill-founded, utter hatred. I thought we were supposed to be of cool, rational head; of reason and logic. I thought we were the better men who held hatred in obedience to reason and the more generous spirit.

From a practical standpoint, there is no advantage to anger and hatred, save in very narrowly defined situations such as those that spurred Audie Murphy on. When asked, I recall his response as being something to the effect that his anger and hate were what carried him through the various acts that got him what several Medals of Honor.

I don't care how people go about their musings and arriving at their opinions. I don't see why there has been so much bother about how I choose to do the same.