PDA

View Full Version : Warren rejects DNA test

Swordsmyth
03-11-2018, 09:44 PM
Sen. Elizabeth Warren, D-Mass., argued that her family’s claim to Native American ancestry is an indelible part of who she is — something that can never be taken away.
Warren defended herself on NBC’s “Meet the Press with Chuck Todd” Sunday morning when asked what she thought about taking an easily accessible DNA test, such as those offered by 23andMe or Ancestry, to settle the ongoing controversy over her heritage.
Rather than address that question specifically, Warren told a story about how her mother and father, born and raised in Oklahoma, met as teenagers and fell head-over-heels in love. Her father’s family was bitterly opposed to their relationship, she said, because her mother was part Native American, but the couple eloped and persevered.
“That’s the story that my brothers and I all learned from our Mom and our Dad, from our grandparents and all of our aunts and uncles. It’s a part of me, and nobody is going to take that part of me away — not ever,” Warren said.
After hearing this story, Todd returned to his initial concern: Why not do genealogical research or take a DNA test to find out her actual heritage? What’s wrong with knowing whether her family’s story was the truth?
“I do know. I know who I am. And never used it for anything, never got any benefit out of it anywhere,” she said.
Warren has many liberal admirers who wish to see her pursue the Democratic presidential nomination for the 2020 election. But she’s also been dogged by the allegation that she has claimed Native American ancestry to advance her academic career.

More at: https://www.yahoo.com/news/warren-rejects-dna-test-idea-prove-native-american-ancestry-nobody-going-take-part-away-173657853.html

Related:

Sen. Elizabeth Warren Isn't Running For President in 2020 (https://www.yahoo.com/news/sen-elizabeth-warren-isn-apos-173900228.html)

Ender
03-11-2018, 09:51 PM
Sen. Elizabeth Warren, D-Mass., argued that her family’s claim to Native American ancestry is an indelible part of who she is — something that can never be taken away.
Warren defended herself on NBC’s “Meet the Press with Chuck Todd” Sunday morning when asked what she thought about taking an easily accessible DNA test, such as those offered by 23andMe or Ancestry, to settle the ongoing controversy over her heritage.
Rather than address that question specifically, Warren told a story about how her mother and father, born and raised in Oklahoma, met as teenagers and fell head-over-heels in love. Her father’s family was bitterly opposed to their relationship, she said, because her mother was part Native American, but the couple eloped and persevered.
“That’s the story that my brothers and I all learned from our Mom and our Dad, from our grandparents and all of our aunts and uncles. It’s a part of me, and nobody is going to take that part of me away — not ever,” Warren said.
After hearing this story, Todd returned to his initial concern: Why not do genealogical research or take a DNA test to find out her actual heritage? What’s wrong with knowing whether her family’s story was the truth?
“I do know. I know who I am. And never used it for anything, never got any benefit out of it anywhere,” she said.
Warren has many liberal admirers who wish to see her pursue the Democratic presidential nomination for the 2020 election. But she’s also been dogged by the allegation that she has claimed Native American ancestry to advance her academic career.

More at: https://www.yahoo.com/news/warren-rejects-dna-test-idea-prove-native-american-ancestry-nobody-going-take-part-away-173657853.html

Related:

Sen. Elizabeth Warren Isn't Running For President in 2020 (https://www.yahoo.com/news/sen-elizabeth-warren-isn-apos-173900228.html)

Not a Warren fan but DNA doesn't always prove anything.

Had a friend who is Tungva Indian take a DNA test; it came back that he was 95% Ainu.

He has a strong tribal background and family Indian history.

Swordsmyth
03-11-2018, 09:53 PM
Not a Warren fan but DNA doesn't always prove anything.

Had a friend who is Tungva Indian take a DNA test; it came back that he was 95% Ainu.

He has a strong tribal background and family Indian history.

Perhaps that tells us something about the Tungva?
But yes DNA science is far more fallible than scientists would have us believe.

Ender
03-11-2018, 09:57 PM
Perhaps that tells us something about the Tungva?
But yes DNA science is far more fallible than scientists would have us believe.

The Tungvas are an ancient tribe of "canoe" Indians that were mostly in the west. It is very possible that some of the ancient ancestors came from Asia, but they have no known history of that. Blew my friend away- and he does NOT look Ainu.

Danke
03-12-2018, 02:11 PM
The Tungvas are an ancient tribe of "canoe" Indians that were mostly in the west. It is very possible that some of the ancient ancestors came from Asia, but they have no known history of that. Blew my friend away- and he does NOT look Ainu.Now we know why oyarde also rejects the DNA test.

oyarde
03-12-2018, 07:03 PM
Now we know why oyarde also rejects the DNA test.

If they had mine they would try to replicate it .

Raginfridus
03-12-2018, 07:48 PM
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-j5_ZYuW6Yos/UPjMq4uJz8I/AAAAAAAAAP4/hk8FXsH7uiw/s1600/bah.gif

Anti Globalist
03-12-2018, 07:55 PM
Translation: She's not 100% native American and shes 100% going to run for POTUS.