PDA

View Full Version : Trump praises Florida gun control bill

Matt Collins
03-08-2018, 01:34 PM
President Trump said on March 8 that he's "almost finished with the legal papers" to ban bump stocks, and praised Florida's state legislature for passing gun control measures.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/video/politics/trump-congratulates-florida-for-very-good-gun-legislation/2018/03/08/de8e3a32-22f1-11e8-946c-9420060cb7bd_video.html?utm_term=.36f27ac79945

CCTelander
03-08-2018, 02:03 PM
https://www.washingtonpost.com/video/politics/trump-congratulates-florida-for-very-good-gun-legislation/2018/03/08/de8e3a32-22f1-11e8-946c-9420060cb7bd_video.html?utm_term=.36f27ac79945

It figures.

Swordsmyth
03-08-2018, 02:26 PM
dannno what say you now?

Selling guns and NRA memberships doesn't make up for this.

dannno
03-08-2018, 02:27 PM
@dannno (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/member.php?u=10908) what say you now?

Selling guns and NRA memberships doesn't make up for this.

Trump didn't pass the bill in Florida...

Schifference
03-08-2018, 02:28 PM
XD Chess!

Swordsmyth
03-08-2018, 02:30 PM

No, he is just encouraging other states to follow suit.

donnay
03-08-2018, 02:39 PM
Florida passes gun control bill but fails to ban assault-style weapons used in Parkland school shooting

Bill also allows some school employees to carry weapons on campus

Emily Shugerman New York @eshugerman 33 mins ago

Florida state legislators have passed the first gun control bill since the Parkland school shooting that killed 17 people last month, but failed to ban the assault-style rifles police say were used in the massacre.

The bill, called the Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School Public Safety Act, raises the minimum age for buying assault rifles from 18 to 21, institutes a three-day waiting period for all firearm purchases, and bans so-called "bump stocks" that allow shooters to fire faster.

But the bill fails to address a major demand from Marjory Stoneman Douglas student activists, who have mobilised in favour of gun control since the shooting: a ban on military-style assault rifles like the one police say was used by shooting suspect Nikolas Cruz.

Parkland shooting survivors and other gun control advocates say the semi-automatic weapons are too dangerous to be available to the public. The National Rifle Association (NRA), however, has strongly opposed such a ban, and critics say the language is too broad.

One senator, Democrat Oscar Braynon, suggested an amendment narrowing the ban exclusively to AR-15 rifles – the exact weapon used in the Parkland shooting, as well as mass shootings in Las Vegas and Newtown, Connecticut. His amendment failed to pass.

The bill also contains a controversial provision allowing some public school employees to carry weapons on campus – a policy championed by President Donald Trump in the wake of the Parkland shooting. The bill creates a $67m “marshall” programme to train and arm certain school employees to serve as “guardians”.

Counsellors, coaches and librarians could be armed under the programme, but – contrary to Mr Trump’s proposal – full-time teachers would not be eligible. The programme is voluntary, and all applicants must pass a mental health screening and obtain a concealed carry permit.

Detractors have said arming employees is dangerous – especially for students of colour, who are disproportionately likely to be disciplined by staff members.

Despite their misgivings, however, several Democrats said they decide to vote in favour of the bill because of a letter issued by the families of all 17 shooting victims this week.

“You must act to prevent mass murder from ever occurring again at any school,” the letter said. “This issue cannot wait. The moment to pass this bill is now.”
The bill passed the House with 67 votes in support and 50 opposed, just hours after Mr Cruz was indicted on 17 counts of premeditated first-degree murder and 17 counts of attempted first-degree murder. The bill now goes to Governor Rick Scott to be signed into law.

After the bill passed on Wednesday, legislators stood to applaud Andrew Pollack, whose daughter Meadow died in the shooting, and who sat through the entire House debate and vote.

"More needs to be done, and it's important for the country to be united in the same way the 17 families united in support of this bill,” Mr Pollack said after the bill passed.

"My precious daughter Meadow's life was taken, and there's nothing I can do to change that," he added. "But make no mistake, I'm a father and I'm on a mission.”
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/florida-gun-control-bill-parkland-shooting-assault-rifle-ar-15-ban-state-law-nra-massacre-a8246211.html

NorthCarolinaLiberty
03-08-2018, 02:42 PM
Assault "style" rifles.

Is that style for spring or fall fashion?

CCTelander
03-08-2018, 02:45 PM
Is that style for spring or fall fashion?

I'd call itvan anytime kind of thing. They're accessories that go with anything and that are appropriate for all occasions.

Anti Federalist
03-08-2018, 02:51 PM
Again, I don't know why anybody is upset or surprised at this.

Trump is on the record, many many times over the years, as being in favor of gun control.

CCTelander
03-08-2018, 02:59 PM

Trump is on the record, many many times over the years, as being in favor of gun control.

I'm not the least little bit surprised. Just want to keep reminding folks what they've got with Trump, in the hopes that they'll try to put as much pressure on as possible to prevent this bullshit. Now, thanks in part to his big mouth, we're probably staring down the barrel of another decade's worth of fighting for our lives over this same issue that I spent a larger part of the last few years of the 80s andvthe entire decade of the 90s fighting over. Go Trump. He's a fucking genius.

Anti Federalist
03-08-2018, 03:13 PM
I'm not the least little bit surprised. Just want to keep reminding folks what they've got with Trump, in the hopes that they'll try to put as much pressure on as possible to prevent this bullshit. Now, thanks in part to his big mouth, we're probably staring down the barrel of another decade's worth of fighting for our lives over this same issue that I spent a larger part of the last few years of the 80s andvthe entire decade of the 90s fighting over. Go Trump. He's a fucking genius.

No doubt.

By shooting off his mouth and saying, well hell, what has been saying for decades, he has set the gun rights effort back decades.

And that's a discouraging sign, since those are the only rights anybody seems willing to even try to stand up for.

donnay
03-08-2018, 04:03 PM

At CPAC Trump said this:

“If they [Democrats] get in, they will repeal your tax cuts,” Trump said during an appearance at the annual Conservative Political Action Conference outside Washington. “They will put judges in that you wouldn't believe. They will take away your Second Amendment, which we will never allow to happen.”

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2018/02/23/trump-at-cpac-2nd-amendment-tax-cuts-could-be-repealed-if-dems-take-power.html

Matt Collins
03-08-2018, 04:14 PM
He gave the Republicans in Florida political cover, so yes, he actually did have a lot to do with it. If he had come out hard against it then it wouldnt' have passed.

Grow a brain.

jkr
03-08-2018, 04:17 PM
LIARS
GONNA
LIE

enhanced_deficit
03-08-2018, 04:25 PM

Although in the past he used to have liberal stances on various issues that matter most to conservatives, to be fair and in interest of political opportunism, he had flip flopped on many of those issues before winning GOP nomination. He seems to go with the winning strategy and with winners.

https://malaach.files.wordpress.com/2015/09/trumpobama.png

Trump on abortion: "I'm very pro choice"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NglssDgZ-yE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NglssDgZ-yE

Raginfridus
03-08-2018, 04:28 PM
Hackfraud

dannno
03-08-2018, 04:48 PM
He gave the Republicans in Florida political cover, so yes, he actually did have a lot to do with it. If he had come out hard against it then it wouldnt' have passed.

That's just like, your opinion, man..

RonZeplin
03-08-2018, 05:03 PM
It's like Obama never left the White House.

https://malaach.files.wordpress.com/2015/09/trumpobama.png

devil21
03-08-2018, 05:07 PM
The NYC real estate mogul that hung out with Bloomberg and the Clintons is supporting gun control??? NFW!

Anti Federalist
03-08-2018, 05:19 PM
At CPAC Trump said this:

“If they [Democrats] get in, they will repeal your tax cuts,” Trump said during an appearance at the annual Conservative Political Action Conference outside Washington. “They will put judges in that you wouldn't believe. They will take away your Second Amendment, which we will never allow to happen.”

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2018/02/23/trump-at-cpac-2nd-amendment-tax-cuts-could-be-repealed-if-dems-take-power.html

Maybe he doesn't understand just what the Second Amendment means or says?

Maybe he has a "disconnect" of titanic and medically definable proportions?

Maybe he's bullshitted so long and so loud he actually believes his own bullshit?

You can't get up in front of a bunch of people and say "you'll never allow the Second Amendment to be taken away" and then turn around and heap praise on the people taking the Second Amendment away, and proposing your own ideas to take the Second Amendment away, without one or all of the above being true.

CCTelander
03-08-2018, 05:33 PM
The NYC real estate mogul that hung out with Bloomberg and the Clintons is supporting gun control??? NFW!

I know, right?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SjbPi00k_ME

Ender
03-08-2018, 05:36 PM

Maybe he's bullshitted so long and so loud he actually believes his own bull$#@!?

You can't get up in front of a bunch of people and say "you'll never allow the Second Amendment to be taken away" and then turn around and heap praise on the people taking the Second Amendment away, and proposing your own ideas to take the Second Amendment away, without one or all of the above being true.

I'll bet on this one:

Maybe he's bullshitted so long and so loud he actually believes his own bull$#@!?

;)

dannno
03-08-2018, 05:37 PM

Maybe he's bullshitted so long and so loud he actually believes his own bullshit?

Or maybe what he is doing is going way over all of our heads, but in the end, I will win the bet.

donnay
03-08-2018, 05:39 PM

Not for nothing but the OP is the Washington Compost piece who have not been quite favorable to Trump and have made up things in the past about him.

I have looked really hard to see if Trump made those comments and I cannot find anywhere where he praised them on this gun bill.

Not a word on his Twitter account: https://twitter.com/realdonaldtrump

devil21
03-08-2018, 05:41 PM
Or maybe what he is doing is going way over all of our heads, but in the end, I will win the bet.

Just for you, d.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1k8craCGpgs

I fear that I am giving you ideas here....but the only way any of this is way over all of our heads is if Trump, and all of these various legislators, are attempting to be so transparently flip floppy ridiculous that people start to realize that their actions are nothing more than words on paper and, en masse, simply start ignoring dumb laws altogether. I'm not betting on that one but it's all I can come up with.

CCTelander
03-08-2018, 05:49 PM
No doubt.

By shooting off his mouth and saying, well hell, what has been saying for decades, he has set the gun rights effort back decades.

And that's a discouraging sign, since those are the only rights anybody seems willing to even try to stand up for.

His reckless and irresponsible comments in favor of gun control (that's giving him the benefit of the doubt that I don't believe for one second he deserves, btw) have done way more than just embolden the pernicious scum pushing victim disarmament. It's given them something far more powerful and dangerous, a concrete reason for hope, which they've mostly lacked for at least a decade now.

This could be very, VERY bad. I hope I'm just being paranoid, but I've seen this shit go down before. Last time we almost lost it all. We may not be so lucky this time.

CCTelander
03-08-2018, 05:50 PM
I'll bet on this one:

;)

Me too.

CCTelander
03-08-2018, 05:56 PM
Just for you, d.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1k8craCGpgs

I fear that I am giving you ideas here....but the only way any of this is way over all of our heads is if Trump, and all of these various legislators, are attempting to be so transparently flip floppy ridiculous that people start to realize that their actions are nothing more than words on paper and, en masse, simply start ignoring dumb laws altogether. I'm not betting on that one but it's all I can come up with.

Personally, I wish he WOULD stop believin'. This place would immediately become at least 50% less monotonous. All the Trump pumping gets boring and tiresome after a while.

Matt Collins
03-08-2018, 06:02 PM
That's just like, your opinion, man..No it is not actually, it is fact. As a professional firearms lobbyist and resident of Florida I was involved in this and had firsthand information at what was happening.

Matt Collins
03-08-2018, 06:03 PM
The inverse of this:

https://yourlogicalfallacyis.com/personal-incredulity

CCTelander
03-08-2018, 06:16 PM
Not for nothing but the OP is the Washington Compost piece who have not been quite favorable to Trump and have made up things in the past about him.

I have looked really hard to see if Trump made those comments and I cannot find anywhere where he praised them on this gun bill.

Not a word on his Twitter account: https://twitter.com/realdonaldtrump

The video was Trump himself speaking.

To be fair most of his praise was about Florida passing concealed carry for "very special teachers that have a great ability with weapons and with guns." However, at the end he did refer to the rest of the legislation passed as "a lot of very good legislation," which of course very much is praising the crap gun control bills that they passed.

Also, he specifically stated that the legal work is almost done on bump stocks and said that "bump stocks are going to be gone."

CCTelander
03-08-2018, 07:01 PM
Forgot to include in last post:

Trump didn't specify when he referred to bump stocks but it's certainly safe to assume he meant any device that "alters the rate of fire of a semi-automatic rifle to mimic a machine gun" since that's what he specified in his memo. So there definitely will be a ban on a whole class of firearms accessories.

Looks like AF will be winning that bet after all.

Anti Federalist
03-09-2018, 01:56 AM
Forgot to include in last post:

Trump didn't specify when he referred to bump stocks but it's certainly safe to assume he meant any device that "alters the rate of fire of a semi-automatic rifle to mimic a machine gun" since that's what he specified in his memo. So there definitely will be a ban on a whole class of firearms accessories.

Looks like AF will be winning that bet after all.

I'm sure I will, because I made it clear that all those devices would be banned, bump fire, crankfire, you name it.

And it will be Glen who will be the winner.

CCTelander
03-09-2018, 07:56 AM
I'm sure I will, because I made it clear that all those devices would be banned, bump fire, crankfire, you name it.

And it will be Glen who will be the winner.

Damn man, I wish I was wrong about all this, I really do. But with every passing day it looks more and more like similar situations in the past. And it looks more and more like Trump is leading the charge against the 2nd Amendment, just Like Clinton did. Yet in spite of all the solid evidence to the contrary, the Trump Cheerleading Squad is still trying to convince us that it's all a part of his Genius Master Plan (TM). Even good people who should know better are subject to partisan self-delusion, it seems.

Ender
03-09-2018, 08:08 AM
Damn man, I wish I was wrong about all this, I really do. But with every passing day it looks more and more like similar situations in the past. And it looks more and more like Trump is leading the charge against the 2nd Amendment, just Like Clinton did. Yet in spite of all the solid evidence to the contrary, the Trump Cheerleading Squad is still trying to convince us that it's all a part of his Genius Master Plan (TM). Even good people who should know better are subject to partisan self-delusion, it seems.

Pretty much spot on.

shakey1
03-09-2018, 10:14 AM
Wonder what Trump's base think of him now?

kcchiefs6465
03-09-2018, 10:17 AM
Wonder what Trump's base think of him now?
Cognitive dissonance.

CCTelander
03-09-2018, 10:35 AM
Cognitive dissonance.

To a truly discouraging extreme.

kcchiefs6465
03-09-2018, 10:39 AM
To a truly discouraging extreme.
It's almost like the Twilight Zone.

Swordsmyth
03-09-2018, 07:23 PM
Claiming violations of the Second and Fourteenth Amendments to the U.S. Constitution, the National Rifle Association filed a federal lawsuit challenging a freshly signed Florida law increasing the age limit of purchasing a gun to 21 (http://www.tallahassee.com/story/news/2018/03/09/gov-rick-scott-signs-school-safety-gun-control-bill/410671002/)."At 18 years of age, law-abiding citizens in this country are considered adults for almost all purposes and certainly for the purposes of the exercise of fundamental constitutional rights," said the lawsuit, which named Attorney General Pam Bondi and FDLE Commissioner Rick Swearingen as defendants. "This blanket ban violates the fundamental rights of thousands of responsible, law-abiding Florida citizens and is thus invalid under the Second and Fourteenth Amendments."

More at: https://www.wtsp.com/amp/article?sec...d=67-527334519 (https://www.wtsp.com/amp/article?section=news&subsection=local&topic=florida&headline=nra-sues-florida-over-gun-bill-says-age-restriction-is-unconstitutional&contentId=67-527334519)

ChristianAnarchist
03-09-2018, 08:04 PM
More gun control is coming the only question is will you be a "law breaker" or a sheep? There are already many gun laws on the books that are infringing on our rights and have been since the very first gun law. How many more will the people stand for??

dude58677
03-09-2018, 08:51 PM
This is really unacceptable. There is no excuse for Trump to be advocating this. He's like John Roberts doing a complete 180 but instead of health care it is with the second amendment. Also unlike the Supreme Court which is just a branch that spouts of opinions, he is the executive branch which will carry this into action. A clear and falgrant violation of the second amendment.

ChristianAnarchist
03-09-2018, 10:58 PM
It's almost like the Twilight Zone.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NzlG28B-R8Y

Matt Collins
03-09-2018, 11:04 PM
More gun control is coming the only question is will you be a "law breaker" or a sheep? There are already many gun laws on the books that are infringing on our rights and have been since the very first gun law. How many more will the people stand for??Depends on where.

States where NAGR and affiliates is putting resources have seen an expansion of gun freedom. WV, MO, MS, ME, NH, WY etc have all passed Constitutional Carry in recent years. It will happen in TX one of these days, they have already loosened their gun laws last session somewhat and are moving in the right direction.

Shithole states are limiting firearms freedom. FL is a bit of a surprise because it is run by Republicans which normally are not quite this daft on the state level. I think in 6 years we will see a reversal and loosening of firearms laws in Florida too, especially if NAGR puts full resources there.

Regarding the federal level, again, I think they will be hard pressed to do it. But if Trump keeps giving political cover to the gun grabbers it may happen. Trump has done more to damage the right to keep and bear arms than Obama did.

Wooden Indian
03-10-2018, 11:51 AM
I got out of that shit hole just in time... or does it even matter?

As a longtime on again off again resident, I've seen first hand what the mass migration of N.Y.ers and Californians can do to a 'conservative' state.

They spread like an infection... a flesh eating bacteria...growing exponentially. Lepers.

Instead of giving them accolades and political cover, Trump SHOULD be using his influences by rallying his base against their misdeeds.

Alas, this is what has become of the Peaceful Liberty Movement.

It won't be long before they take over the Carolinas... my mid-south sanctuary. Where the hell do we run to? The disease keeps spreading.

Doctors would cut off the foot to save the leg, not appeal to the disease in a sternly penned letter with threats to vote harder.

Our Nation is dead. Jesus wept.

dannno
03-10-2018, 01:00 PM
This is really unacceptable. There is no excuse for Trump to be advocating this. He's like John Roberts doing a complete 180 but instead of health care it is with the second amendment. Also unlike the Supreme Court which is just a branch that spouts of opinions, he is the executive branch which will carry this into action. A clear and falgrant violation of the second amendment.

Trump cares about the 2nd amendment, he is just running game.

The NRA is suing FL they will probably win.

ChristianAnarchist
03-11-2018, 11:44 AM

The NRA is suing FL they will probably win.

Are you related??

ChristianAnarchist
03-11-2018, 11:49 AM
Depends on where.

States where NAGR and affiliates is putting resources have seen an expansion of gun freedom. WV, MO, MS, ME, NH, WY etc have all passed Constitutional Carry in recent years. It will happen in TX one of these days, they have already loosened their gun laws last session somewhat and are moving in the right direction.

$#@!hole states are limiting firearms freedom. FL is a bit of a surprise because it is run by Republicans which normally are not quite this daft on the state level. I think in 6 years we will see a reversal and loosening of firearms laws in Florida too, especially if NAGR puts full resources there.

Regarding the federal level, again, I think they will be hard pressed to do it. But if Trump keeps giving political cover to the gun grabbers it may happen. Trump has done more to damage the right to keep and bear arms than Obama did.

We already have so much "gun control" the 2nd Am is a joke! It's been "infringed" upon since the 1920's and the 1968 gun control act pretty much was the final nail in the coffin. All we are arguing about now is how many more nails to keep the lid on securely. Once the precedence was set that the goonerment could stop any class of citizen from having a gun (of course they always pick on the least popular group so that the majority will go along) the 2nd Am was dead.

All they need to do since 68 is keep growing the number of people who are excluded until there are only a handful who are not...

Matt Collins
03-11-2018, 08:10 PM

If you believe that then Al Gore has some carbon credits to sell you LOL.... Or maybe Hillary has some land in Arkansas to sell you or some stocks.

Anyway, I think it is obvious that you are just trolling to get a rise out of people ha ha ha.

dannno
03-11-2018, 10:02 PM
If you believe that then Al Gore has some carbon credits to sell you LOL.... Or maybe Hillary has some land in Arkansas to sell you or some stocks.

Anyway, I think it is obvious that you are just trolling to get a rise out of people ha ha ha.

Apparently you haven't seen the thread about the bet I made with AF.

Swordsmyth
03-16-2018, 06:26 PM
A Broward County judge on Friday issued what is thought to be the state’s first order temporarily removing guns from a person under Florida’s new gun-control laws (http://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/politics/os-gun-bill-final-vote-20180307-story.html).
Four firearms and 267 rounds of ammunition were ordered removed from a 56-year-old Lighthouse Point (http://www.sun-sentinel.com/local/broward) man who experts determined was a potential risk to himself or others.
The guns and ammunition have been temporarily removed from the man under the state’s new “risk protection” law, which is also sometimes called “red flag” legislation (http://www.sun-sentinel.com/local/broward/parkland/florida-school-shooting/fl-florida-school-school-shooting-red-flag-law-20180301-story.html), Lighthouse Point City Attorney Michael Cirullo confirmed.
Though the man was also taken to a hospital for involuntary psychiatric treatment under the state’s Baker Act, the civil ruling removing his access to guns and ammunition was granted under the new legislation, which permits removal of guns from people who have not been committed but are deemed a potential risk to themselves or others, according to the order signed by Broward’s Chief Judge Jack Tuter.
“We know it’s the first case of its kind in Broward County and we think it’s the first one in Florida, under the new law,” Cirullo said. “Up until the introduction of this law last week, there was no process for us to protect the public in this kind of situation.”
Before now, officials who attempted to remove guns from a person they thought was a danger could be removed from office and fined up to $5,000, he said.
Lighthouse Point police made the request on March 14, one week after they were called to his apartment building to conduct a welfare check on the man, who they said was behaving strangely. Authorities said it was the latest in a series of encounters law enforcement had with the man, though he has no prior history of arrests in Florida.

Police were called after the man turned off the main electrical breakers to the apartment building, court records show.
The man told officers he “was being targeted and burglarized by the Federal Bureau of Investigation and a neighbor who lives in [his] building,” the judge wrote in his order. “[He] could not describe the neighbor but stated that the neighbor ‘shape shift, he can change heights and I’m not sure where he comes from’ and ‘to be honest, he looks like Osama Bin Laden.’”
He also told officers that he had to turn off the electrical breakers because “they are electrocuting me through my legs.”
Officers said they saw weapons in his home after they were called to check on his welfare. They also found evidence he had “a voluminous amount of notes containing numerous references to former President Barack Obama, that he was killed in the 1980s but came back and now murders children to place their spirits into [the man’s] head, is a member of [al-Qaida (http://www.orlandosentinel.com/topic/unrest-conflicts-war/terrorism/al-qaeda-ORCIG000003751-topic.html)], and is [the man’s] enemy,” the judge wrote in his order.

More at: http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/fl-florida-school-shooting-guns-seized-lighthouse-point-20180316-story.html

lilymc
03-16-2018, 06:44 PM

As time goes on, looks like my intuition (or gut feeling) from the start was right. He's playing a part, just like all the other presidents in recent times were picked to do… either play the part of a "conservative" Republican or a liberal Democrat. And every freakin four years, people fall for it. Every time. But I don't think anyone can get to that level without being part of "the club"… I think most here know what I mean by that.

TheCount
03-17-2018, 06:43 AM
As time goes on, looks like my intuition (or gut feeling) from the start was right. He's playing a part, just like all the other presidents in recent times were picked to do… either play the part of a "conservative" Republican or a liberal Democrat. And every freakin four years, people fall for it. Every time. But I don't think anyone can get to that level without being part of "the club"… I think most here know what I mean by that.
I think he's just telling people what they want to hear, regardless of whether or not he intends to actually do it. He'll do whatever is most beneficial for him in the moment, as he's entirely unprincipled.

Anti Federalist
03-17-2018, 09:33 AM
Trump has done more to damage the right to keep and bear arms than Obama did.

This is an unassailable statement of plain fact and truth.

+rep

CCTelander
03-17-2018, 10:00 AM
This is an unassailable statement of plain fact and truth.

+rep

And yet it will be assailed, no doubt, over and over and over again.

ChristianAnarchist
03-17-2018, 10:15 AM

But you have to have faith! Just wait until all looks hopeless and both houses have agreed to completely dismantle the 2nd Am that's when Trump is going to take out his veto pen and he's going to eliminate every law regarding guns and ex-felons will no longer be jailed for having guns and none of us will have to worry about modifying our weapons for full-auto. Just wait. It's going to happen............................................ .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .

Matt Collins
03-17-2018, 12:01 PM
I have discovered some shocking news about the Florida gun control bill that I will be releasing next week. It will likely go viral and become a national news story. People around here won't be so shocked by it, but pitchforks will likely come out as a result in the firearms community.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-W6as8oVcuM

Anti Federalist
03-17-2018, 12:52 PM
I have discovered some shocking news about the Florida gun control bill that I will be releasing next week. It will likely go viral and become a national news story. People around here won't be so shocked by it, but pitchforks will likely come out as a result in the firearms community.

http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/suspense.gif

acptulsa
03-17-2018, 02:24 PM
Bold, italic and size 4?

My heavenly daze.

Matt Collins
03-18-2018, 11:36 AM
What I have just learned will cause some people to shit blood. You saw it here first.

TheCount
03-18-2018, 11:40 AM
What I have just learned will cause some people to shit blood. You saw it here first.
You learned how to cook White Castle sliders?

CCTelander
03-18-2018, 11:41 AM

Then quit with the teasers and just post it already.

kcchiefs6465
03-18-2018, 11:46 AM
We haven't seen anything, actually.

kcchiefs6465
03-18-2018, 11:47 AM
My sources have told me that the government usurps power and violates the Constitution. You saw it here first.

devil21
03-19-2018, 03:02 AM

Aww come on, you're not new here. That's Collins' bread and butter back in the day...

Anti Federalist
03-19-2018, 09:02 AM

No shit, this.

One of the loudest critics of Alex Jones, using an Alex Jones hype tactic.

FFS Matt, if you have something that is that important, that earth shattering, then post it, so people can start reacting and pushing back.

Every hour you delay, is an hour the enemies of liberty solidify their position.

acptulsa
03-19-2018, 09:13 AM
No $#@!, this.

One of the loudest critics of Alex Jones, using an Alex Jones hype tactic.

Incorrect.

Alex Jones uses Collins' hype tactics.

FFS Matt, if you have something that is that important, that earth shattering, then post it, so people can start reacting and pushing back.

Every hour you delay, is an hour the enemies of liberty solidify their position.

You could stand to learn from The Collins.

IF is a big word. You should use the forum tools at your disposal to make it such.

Matt Collins
03-19-2018, 09:17 AM
I have been told by a legislator directly that the NRA orchestrated the entire gun-control bill in Florida two weeks ago. I will be circulating this publicly in the media tomorrow.

CCTelander
03-19-2018, 09:27 AM
I have been told by a legislator directly that the NRA orchestrated the entire gun-control bill in Florida two weeks ago. I will be circulating this publicly in the media tomorrow.

The NRA has been supporting victim disarmament (gun control) bills since the National Firearms Act of 1934 at least. they supported all the big ones, NFA 34, FFA 38, GCA 68, etc. etc. They have actually been writing most of the god damned things since the 1990s. This comes as no big shock to me since I've been intimately involved in 2nd Amendment issues since the mid 1970s.

ETA: NRA has always been a bunch of traitorous bastards. Same shit, different day.

acptulsa
03-19-2018, 09:33 AM
The NRA has been supporting victim disarmament (gun control) bills since the National Firearms Act of 1934 at least. they supported all the big ones, NFA 34, FFA 38, GCA 68, etc. etc. They have actually been writing most of the god damned things since the 1990s. This comes as no big shock to me since I've been intimately involved in 2nd Amendment issues since the mid 1970s.

Well, he did say we wouldn't be shocked. But it would be nice to have proof so solid and undeniable that we could rub stubborn people's noses in it.

Superfluous Man
03-19-2018, 09:35 AM

What are you going to circulate to the media? A rumor you heard from an anonymous source who won't tell them himself?

dannno
03-19-2018, 09:51 AM

Well I guess their attorneys fighting the bill in court were able to get a head start then.

Anti Federalist
03-19-2018, 09:52 AM

OK, well, thanks, I had just been ready to pull the trigger (haha) on a new NRA membership, now I will hold off.

Swordsmyth
03-19-2018, 12:36 PM
OK, well, thanks, I had just been ready to pull the trigger (haha) on a new NRA membership, now I will hold off.

Good.

NAGR and GOA are much better options, one of the purposes of Dump's gun control babble was to panic people into joining the NRA and let them get the credit for backing him off.

It's a cheap con game and I was saddened to see some here fall for it.

The NRA has backstabbed good people too many time in too many ways for me to ever join again, they were bad enough when Heston was alive but they have gone down hill since, what they did to Roy Moore (BEFORE THE SCANDAL) caused me to promise myself I would never join again and I WILL KEEP THAT PROMISE.

EBounding
03-19-2018, 12:42 PM
Here is how gun confiscation will happen in America:

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10215629976124895&set=a.2540246307903.145233.1306024043&type=3&theater

https://scontent-ort2-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/29356086_10215629976164896_3658410562427027456_n.j pg?oh=59a0b15ebe63091f3f8642b9f28aac01&oe=5B3E89C0

With some hesitation born of nostalgia, I turned in two AR style rifles to the Miami Police Department as part of their gun buy-back program today.

As a former U.S. Army Infantry officer, I was well trained in the use of, and felt very comfortable with, the M-16/M-4 platform. I have always considered myself a responsible gun owner. My 14 year old daughter and I built one of the ARs- from scratch- together.

But after the events of last month, I have decided enough is enough.

How can we, as parents, force our kids to live in a world where they have to be afraid of being killed at school?
My daughter recently told me that her plan is to only wear sneakers to school from now on, in case she needs to run. And I realize that, unlike some of my neighbors, I am lucky to still HAVE a 14 year old daughter.

Enough is enough.

There is no valid need for any civilian to own an AR. They make terrible self defense weapons because they can't safely be stored in a condition that makes them available to use quickly, and the rounds penetrate walls too easily. They aren't hunting rifles (it's not even legal to shoot a deer with one). I know very well that my little AR is never going to be used to stand up to a government that has tanks and heavy machine guns. And God forbid someone steals them and uses them to kill more innocents.

Any honest gun owner will admit that the only lawful reason to own an AR is because they are fun to shoot (and they ARE fun to shoot).

But my desire- and the desire of all the other AR owners out there- to have fun toys no longer outweighs the value of the 17 lives that were taken down the street last month. Or the lives of countless other people whose lives have been taken by these toys- these weapons of war.

So, I am done.

The gun industry of today is just like the cigarette industry of a few years ago. Pushing a dangerous product that has no benefit to society. It took a long time for us to stand up to the cigarette industry and call out their lies and their political influence. But now it is a dying industry. We can do the same thing with the gun industry.

I will no longer be a pawn for their profits.

Now that I have eliminated the hypocrisy of these guns from my house, I feel comfortable calling on our government to ban them. We need the same legislation that has been so effective in Australia. Outlaw the manufacture and sale of semiautomatic centerfire firearms with removable magazines and require the legal owners of those firearms to turn them in for compensation with a year. Provide amnesty during that same year for illegal owners of those guns to turn them in. Then make it a 10-20-life offense to be caught with one.

It may not get all of these guns out of the public's hands. But it will make it a hell of a lot harder for a deranged 19 year old to get his hands on one.

I want to be part of the solution.
#neveragain

Matt Collins
03-19-2018, 03:12 PM
Well I guess their attorneys fighting the bill in court were able to get a head start then.Well that was the point. They wrote the bill and knew exactly how to file a suit against it. They literally filed the lawsuit hours after Governor Rick Scott signed it.

What are you going to circulate to the media? A rumor you heard from an anonymous source who won't tell them himself?Yes, but I can back it up if I have to. Besides, I have a proven strategy to get it out there.

Well, he did say we wouldn't be shocked. But it would be nice to have proof so solid and undeniable that we could rub stubborn people's noses in it.

ETA: NRA has always been a bunch of traitorous bastards. Same shit, different day.
Most of the NRA members don't know about it, I suspect many of them will be livid.

dannno
03-19-2018, 03:16 PM
Well that was the point. They wrote the bill and knew exactly how to file a suit against it. They literally filed the lawsuit hours after Governor Rick Scott signed it.

So they wrote a bill that they could easily defeat in court?

What's the problem?

Anti Federalist
03-19-2018, 03:31 PM
Good.

NAGR and GOA are much better options, one of the purposes of Dump's gun control babble was to panic people into joining the NRA and let them get the credit for backing him off.

It's a cheap con game and I was saddened to see some here fall for it.

The NRA has backstabbed good people too many time in too many ways for me to ever join again, they were bad enough when Heston was alive but they have gone down hill since, what they did to Roy Moore (BEFORE THE SCANDAL) caused me to promise myself I would never join again and I WILL KEEP THAT PROMISE.

I already belong to GOA, back when I dropped NRA years ago.

I was going to re-join simply in protest and solidarity.

Anti Federalist
03-19-2018, 03:48 PM
Here is how gun confiscation will happen in America:

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10215629976124895&set=a.2540246307903.145233.1306024043&type=3&theater

Yup. That is exactly how it will be...the weak and sniveling giving up their freedom for nothing.

That said, this man knows nothing about, well, anything.

There is no valid need for any civilian to own an AR.

Who are you to decide that?

They make terrible self defense weapons because they can't safely be stored in a condition that makes them available to use quickly,

Of course they can, have you never heard of an "instant access" safe, among many options to keep a fully loaded rifle at Condition One ready for use?

and the rounds penetrate walls too easily.

Frangible rounds solve that problem if you have no other option but to use a rifle inside.

They aren't hunting rifles (it's not even legal to shoot a deer with one).

Bullshit. They are often used as hunting rifles, and it is legal in many states, including Florida, to hunt with the .223 / 5.56 mm centerfire AR cartridge.

https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whitetail-deer-hunting/227252-legal-rifle-calibers-state.html

I know very well that my little AR is never going to be used to stand up to a government that has tanks and heavy machine guns.

No, you're not going to stand up to an oppressive government with tanks and heavy machine guns.

Because you (and I) are cowards...not because we're unarmed.

And God forbid someone steals them and uses them to kill more innocents.

And what's going to stop that from happening when the asshole cops you just turned your property over to, without compensation, takes it home for himself?

Fuck this virtue signaling asshole.

lilymc
03-19-2018, 03:55 PM

ETA: NRA has always been a bunch of traitorous bastards. Same $#@!, different day.

I heard that they were traitors a number of years ago, so like others here, I'm not too surprised. But the crazy thing is how loudly and passionately liberals oppose them...which is so flippin ironic.

Matt Collins
03-19-2018, 04:03 PM
I heard that they were traitors a number of years ago, so like others here, I'm not too surprised. But the crazy thing is how loudly and passionately liberals oppose them...which is so flippin ironic.
Yep, perception is reality in politics unfortunately.

But the NRA wrote the 1934 NFA

Matt Collins
03-19-2018, 04:03 PM
So they wrote a bill that they could easily defeat in court?

What's the problem?
1 - because they supported gun control and lied about it

2 - there is no guarantee the bill will get killed by the courts. It's a very risky and poor strategy, and in the mean time many people's rights are infringed.

3 - they are allowing bad politicians to remain in power

dannno
03-19-2018, 04:08 PM
1 - because they supported gun control and lied about it

2 - there is no guarantee the bill will get killed by the courts. It's a very risky and poor strategy, and in the mean time many people's rights are infringed.

3 - they are allowing bad politicians to remain in power

...or maybe they completely dismantled the effectiveness of the leftist gun control movement for the time being.

If we had close to 50% people in congress who at least somewhat supported liberty, then a more straightforward strategy might be beneficial.

In the meantime, we have like 5% people in D.C. who may somewhat support liberty - so I don't give a phuck what who does to preserve it, all I care about is the result.

CCTelander
03-19-2018, 04:11 PM
Yep, perception is reality in politics unfortunately.

But the NRA wrote the 1934 NFA

They also wrote the Brady Act which gave us NICS and de facto federal registration.

And helped write the "compromise" version of Clinton's 1994 AW ban, which made it easier to pass.

If I'm not mistaken they also wrote or helped write the late 1980s bans on certain kinds of ammo and the so-called ( but NEVER really) "undetectable" guns.

There were others that are slipping my mind atm, I'm sure.

Anti Federalist
03-19-2018, 04:59 PM
They also wrote the Brady Act which gave us NICS and de facto federal registration.

And helped write the "compromise" version of Clinton's 1994 AW ban, which made it easier to pass.

If I'm not mistaken they also wrote or helped write the late 1980s bans on certain kinds of ammo and the so-called ( but NEVER really) "undetectable" guns.

There were others that are slipping my mind atm, I'm sure.

They also supported McClure/Volkmer FOPA which banned all new Class III weapons.

Signed by a GOP president who used to be democrat.

FOPA turned out to be toothless since the FedCoats refuse to prosecute states that routinely violate and prosecute innocent people under free pratique of the FOPA i.e. they prosecute firearm owners who are legally traveling across the state with legal firearms to another state.

CCTelander
03-19-2018, 05:10 PM
They also supported McClure/Volkmer FOPA which banned all new Class III weapons.

FOPA turned out to be toothless since the FedCoats refuse to prosecute states that routinely violate and prosecute innocent people under free pratique of the FOPA i.e. they prosecute firearm owners who are legally traveling across the state with legal firearms to another state.

Right. Victim disarmament (gun control) laws are probably responsible for more innocent people being in prison for decades than any other laws except anti-drug laws. It's a travesty. Yet some around here still display a totally cavalier attitude about it all, as if it were no big deal. Tell that to all the innocent people ATF has prosecuted and sent to prison for decades over the last 50 years or so. Oh, and in 1980 Reagan promised to abolish the ATF due to the rampant abuses they had been committing against innocents. He wound up increasing their budget instead.

Matt Collins
03-19-2018, 05:48 PM

There were others that are slipping my mind atm, I'm sure.Yep. And they supported Bernie Sanders and Harry Reid, not to mention countless other Republican sellouts across the country. The NRA is literally married to the Republican establishment.

Matt Collins
03-19-2018, 05:50 PM
...or maybe they completely dismantled the effectiveness of the leftist gun control movement for the time being. Nope, they didn't. You fail to comprehend the progressive playbook. The NRA just inched the ball in the direction of the gun grabbers. You don't win by compromising.

If we had close to 50% people in congress who at least somewhat supported liberty, then a more straightforward strategy might be beneficial.

In the meantime, we have like 5% people in D.C. who may somewhat support liberty - so I don't give a phuck what who does to preserve it, all I care about is the result.You only need 3%. The idea of having a majority is a myth.

When I passed Constitutional Carry in the legislature most of the legislators there were not in favor of it but voted for it because they were too scared not to... meaning that they knew they might lose their next election or other political pain if they voted against gun owners.

nikcers
03-19-2018, 06:24 PM
The NRA just inched the ball in the direction of the gun grabbers. You don't win by compromising.
I have to drink what they are selling so that I can drink whatever I want.

brushfire
03-19-2018, 06:32 PM
It's like Obama never left the White House.

Ah... trumpkins. Just when they least expect it - FLOP!

https://media.giphy.com/media/ACfJymrAsRpGo/giphy.gif

You'll get what you deserve.

Superfluous Man
03-19-2018, 07:35 PM
Most of the NRA members don't know about it, I suspect many of them will be livid.

No they won't. Just like they weren't every other time this has happened.

nikcers
03-20-2018, 12:33 AM
This is just 4d chess, Trump is doing this in order to get people to buy guns because he is going to start so many wars we will get invaded by China.

RonZeplin
03-20-2018, 01:44 AM

https://www.reaganlibrary.gov/sites/default/files/archives/photographs/large/c35043-21.jpg

President Reagan signing S. 49 the Firearms Owners' Protection Act of 1986 with Robert Dole, Strom Thurmond, James McClure, Orrin Hatch, James Abdnor, Steven Symms, Jeremiah Denton, Harold Volkmer, John Dingell, Ron Marlenee, James Broyhill and William Ball in the Oval Office. 5/19/86.

CCTelander
03-20-2018, 02:15 PM
My sources have told me that the government usurps power and violates the Constitution. You saw it here first.

No, really? I'm shocked. Shocked I tell you.

kcchiefs6465
03-20-2018, 05:56 PM
No, really? I'm shocked. Shocked I tell you.
Some of you guys might have already known....

lilymc
03-20-2018, 07:24 PM

I will be circulating this publicly in the media tomorrow.

So did he release this info? If so, where?

RJB
03-20-2018, 07:28 PM
So did he release this info? If so, where?

I am sure it will be released soon by either Matt or GHemminger.

Matt Collins
03-20-2018, 09:06 PM
The publisher is dragging his feet, granted it's his birthday today which I didn't know, so hopefully it gets posted tomorrow.