PDA

View Full Version : White House Staff Turnover Was Already Record-Setting. Then More Advisers Left

Zippyjuan
03-07-2018, 03:10 PM
https://www.npr.org/2018/03/07/591372397/white-house-staff-turnover-was-already-record-setting-then-more-advisers-left

President Trump insists his isn't a White House in chaos, but it's hard to deny the near constant churn of key aides, including Tuesday's announced departure of economic adviser Gary Cohn. A full 43 percent of top-level positions in the Trump White House have seen turnover. That is not normal.

In fact, the Trump White House has had more turnover among senior aides in the first 13 1/2 months of Trump's term than his four most recent predecessors had after two years.

https://media.npr.org/assets/img/2018/01/18/turnover-of-president-s-a-team-in-1st_chartbuilder_custom-95d32487ca5c1dd77687aa03cf5e4b5e05be2c46-s300-c85.png

"After two full years, President Obama was at 24 percent and President Bush was at 33 percent," said Kathryn Dunn Tenpas of the Brookings Institution and the White House Transition Project, whose research specialty includes staff turnover. "So, [Trump] already passed them with his first-year turnover. It continues to surge."

In the hours before Cohn's resignation was announced, Trump foreshadowed a shake-up.

"Yeah, there'll be people — I'm not going to be specific — but there'll be people that change," Trump said at a Tuesday afternoon press conference. "They always change. Sometimes they want to go out and do something else."

One would note he was speaking of "people," plural, as in multiple expected departures. Trump tweeted much the same Tuesday morning.

https://i.tweeterino.com/uploads/fake-tweet20180306-12-a5vqvm.jpg

In addition to Cohn's departure, several other staffers have recently left or announced their imminent resignations. Communications director Hope Hicks and Jared Kushner advisers Josh Raffel and Reed Cordish have all announced their departures while staff secretary Rob Porter was ousted after allegations of spousal abuse came to light.

A big question now is: Who will be next? Cohn had assembled a team of policy aides who helped craft the White House infrastructure plan and tax framework. With Cohn leaving, will they stay? History would indicate that when someone at Cohn's level leaves, others follow.

"It's a domino effect. When a senior person leaves, there are other people that leave as well," Tenpas said. "Kind of by necessity because the new person isn't necessarily going to want to work with them."

And if the swirl of Washington chatter is accurate, Cohn isn't the only big-name White House official on the knife's edge. Chief of staff John Kelly, national security adviser H.R. McMaster and adviser/son-in-law Kushner are all reportedly earning the ire of the president.

And turnover is usually higher in the second year of a presidency.

More at link.

timosman
03-07-2018, 03:18 PM
You little creep. This is what Trump tweeted:

This is what you posted - Fake Tweet created @ tweeterino.com

https://i.tweeterino.com/uploads/fake-tweet20180306-12-a5vqvm.jpg

Superfluous Man
03-07-2018, 03:18 PM
"You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Zippyjuan again."

timosman
03-07-2018, 03:20 PM

Trolls of the world unite. Create Fake Tweets with any Twitter User - https://tweeterino.com/

Superfluous Man
03-07-2018, 03:24 PM
Trolls of the world unite. Create Fake Tweets with any Twitter User - https://tweeterino.com/

Why does that bother you? Are you a Trump supporter?

timosman
03-07-2018, 03:26 PM

Why does that not bother you? Are you a deranged person?

Superfluous Man
03-07-2018, 03:29 PM
Why does that not bother you? Are you a deranged person?

No. I'm just a guy with a good sense of humor who doesn't support Trump.

timosman
03-07-2018, 03:33 PM
No. I'm just a guy with a good sense of humor who doesn't support Trump.

and I have a bridge in Brooklyn for sale. :D

Zippyjuan
03-07-2018, 03:35 PM
High turnover shows poor leadership.

http://www.businessinsider.com/why-have-so-many-people-have-left-trumps-white-house-2018-3

Brookings researchers stated that while previous US presidents had relied on expertise and professional qualifications when deciding who to appoint to crucial White House posts, Trump has valued personal loyalty to him and his election campaign as a primary deciding factor.

Because Trump sourced many of his top staffers from his own business circle and support base, many individuals in his White House have lacked the qualifications to do their jobs, leading to lackluster performances and the desire among many former staffers to use their brief tenures in the administration to seek private sector jobs afterward. Bannon, who went back to work at Breitbart News and a host of other private ventures after his departure, serves as a particularly salient example of this idea.

The second factor Brookings researchers identified was the ever-present cycle of chaos within Trump's White House. Lack of communication between officials on key speeches and policy points like the newly unveiled steel tariffs reveal that coordination between officials within the White House is remarkably weak, leading to mistakes and a poor public image that incentivizes Trump to get rid of those at fault. Brookings also stated that this creates a vicious cycle in which chaos breeds a high rate of turnover, which in turn continues to contribute to the chaos that cause it.

enhanced_deficit
03-07-2018, 03:42 PM
https://www.npr.org/2018/03/07/591372397/white-house-staff-turnover-was-already-record-setting-then-more-advisers-left

More at link.

He had addressed turnover issue with humor already, why media continues to focus on it instead of reporting on big spending, gun control, Wall payment type important issues?

Trump at Gridiron dinner: Who will leave WH next, Miller or Melania?
03/03/18
"So many people have been leaving the White House. It’s invigorating since you want turnover. I like chaos. It really is good. Who’s going to be the next to leave? Steve Miller, or Melania?" Trump quipped, according to White House pool reports.
http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/376615-trump-at-gridiron-dinner-who-will-leave-wh-next-miller-or-melania

timosman
03-07-2018, 03:43 PM

LOL

specsaregood
03-07-2018, 03:44 PM

High turnover could be due to poor leadership, but it could also be due it being a shitty job or shitty working conditions or shitty pay.

timosman
03-07-2018, 03:45 PM
High turnover could be due to poor leadership, but it could also be due it being a shitty job or shitty working conditions or shitty pay.

or a shitty worker pool :cool:

Jan2017
03-07-2018, 04:34 PM
White House Staff Turnover Was Already Record-Setting. Then More Advisers Left

Do Zips realize that this is a very good thing, exemplary in fact . . . that Zips are gonna twist around disingenuously.
Rinse Pubis as first Chief-of-Staff was the worst appointment ever by any President in the history of the universe.

Obamacare individual mandate gone, and, DACA recipients on their eventual Path To Mexico.
Clean out the sh!thole appointments from the starting of the first term as much as needed, until the First Team starters are set. Perfect.

"You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Zippyjuan again." Dumb and dumber stayin' together -
after they kissed and made-up . . . their bromance continues - not that there's anything wrong with that.

Jan2017
03-07-2018, 04:35 PM

Bullsh!t

Jan2017
03-07-2018, 04:36 PM
Because it shows how effin' dumb and dumber you two luv-uhs are.

timosman
03-07-2018, 04:54 PM
Because it shows how effin' dumb and dumber you two lovers are.

I would not be surprised if we were dealing with a case of autoeroticism here. :cool:

Zippyjuan
03-07-2018, 04:57 PM
I would not be surprised if we were dealing with a case of autoeroticism here. :cool:

You into sexy cars?

Jan2017
03-08-2018, 12:28 AM

You into sexy cars?

Help me keep posting. Please donate here: http://tinyurl.com/2g9mqh

dannno
03-08-2018, 12:56 AM

You into sexy cars?

I know a guy who totaled a new car while getting a bj. It was her car lol.

timosman
03-08-2018, 01:55 AM
I know a guy who totaled a new car while getting a bj. It was her car lol.

Hope nobody was hurt in the accident.

I was simply suggesting SM and Zippy are managed by the same person and that's what auto was referring to. :cool:

dannno
03-08-2018, 01:59 AM
Hope nobody was hurt in the accident.

I was simply suggesting SM and Zippy are managed by the same person and that's what auto was referring to. :cool:

No, it was just really embarrassing, definitely could have been much worse.

And ya I know what u meant lol

Jan2017
03-08-2018, 11:01 AM
After all, there were Obama sleeper agents in the transition besides Comey et al. (See Federal Employee PN849-114 search)
Reice Priebus was a Trump olive branch to the RNC after decimating the GOP field, imho.

No one needs to be stirred up and get in a tizzy producing charts about the PC-ness of staying with a losing group, who wouldn't make a move -
Yep, bring up the AAA players ready to get 'er done in the big leagues.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=04KQydlJ-qc

oyarde
03-08-2018, 11:09 AM

I do not know that white house staff turnover is a bad thing . Now if Zip posted that all incumbents in the house from california were turned over I am sure that could not be bad as well .

agitator
03-08-2018, 11:32 AM

Taken care of...

angelatc
03-08-2018, 11:39 AM
Jesus Fucking Christ. Zippy embeds a fake tweet into a NPR article, and the people here are giving him plus reps for it.

This is why Democratic Underground continues to thrive while we're shriveling up. They don't suffer the trolls.

angelatc
03-08-2018, 11:40 AM
I do not know that white house staff turnover is a bad thing . Now if Zip posted that all incumbents in the house from california were turned over I am sure that could not be bad as well .

I was surprised to see that Obama's was higher than Bush's. The media didn't fuss about Obama's, I guess.

NorthCarolinaLiberty
03-08-2018, 12:53 PM
Zip's fake tweet posting reminds of his own fakery right here on RPF.

Zippyjuan

Supporting Member

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/customavatars/avatar17293_6.gif

timosman
03-08-2018, 01:28 PM
Jesus Fucking Christ. Zippy embeds a fake tweet into a NPR article, and the people here are giving him plus reps for it.

This is why Democratic Underground continues to thrive while we're shriveling up. They don't suffer the trolls.

+rep One of the reasons why liberty is not popular. Would you like to participate in our troll infested movement? Fuck, NO. :cool:

Superfluous Man
03-08-2018, 01:35 PM
Jesus $#@!ing Christ. Zippy embeds a fake tweet into a NPR article, and the people here are giving him plus reps for it.

Absolutely. It was a +rep-worthy post.

I still don't see what anyone's complaining about.

I want to know how he did it.

timosman
03-08-2018, 01:42 PM
Absolutely. It was a +rep-worthy post.

I still don't see what anyone's complaining about.

I want to know how he did it.

Could you troll in a more obvious way? :confused: