PDA

View Full Version : How Close Is America to Outright Gun Confiscation? Very Close.

Anti Federalist
03-06-2018, 02:12 AM
How Close Is America to Outright Gun Confiscation? Very Close.

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2018/03/05/nolte-close-america-outright-gun-confiscation-close/

by JOHN NOLTE5 Mar 20185,439

The so-called fact checkers at the far-left Washington Post are liars. Straight-up liars. Because here is what Hillary Clinton and Barack Obama actually said in favor of gun confiscation:

Barack Obama, June 2014:

Couple of decades ago, Australia had a mass shooting, similar to Columbine or Newtown. And Australia just said, well, that’s it, we’re not doing, we’re not seeing that again, and basically imposed very severe, tough gun laws, and they haven’t had a mass shooting since. Our levels of gun violence are off the charts. There’s no advanced, developed country that would put up with this.

Barack Obama, June 2015:

When Australia had a mass killing – I think it was in Tasmania – about 25 years ago, it was just so shocking the entire country said ‘well we’re going to completely change our gun laws’, and they did. And it hasn’t happened since.

Barack Obama, October 2015:

We know that other countries, in response to one mass shooting, have been able to craft laws that almost eliminate mass shootings. Friends of ours, allies of ours — Great Britain, Australia, countries like ours. So we know there are ways to prevent it.

Hillary Clinton, October 2015:

You know, Australia’s a good example, Canada’s a good example, [and] the UK’s a good example. Why? Because each of them had mass killings, Australia had a huge mass killing about 20 or 25 years ago. Canada did as well, so did the UK. In reaction, they passed much stricter gun laws. In the Australian example, as I recall, that was a buyback program. The Australian government as part of trying to clamp down on the availability of … weapons offered a good price for buying hundreds of thousands of guns and basically clamped down going forward, in terms of having more of a background check approach – more of a permitting approach.

What you have above are four crystal clear examples of a former president and an almost-president, both of them leaders of the Democrat Party, openly speaking out in favor of gun confiscation — which is precisely what both are talking about when they extol the wondrous virtues of “what Australia did.”

What happened in Australia was that the government sponsored a gun buyback in which Australians were forced to hand their guns in. That is confiscation, full stop.

Nevertheless, despite four crystal clear examples, the Washington Post fact checkers have said that it is a lie to accuse either Hillary or Obama of wanting to confiscate guns.

So how close are we to having the federal government confiscate our guns? So close that the leaders of the Democrat Party are calling for it, while their media gaslights us into believing they did not.

Oh, yes, something is afoot. And that is the least of it. Let’s start at the beginning…

In the 1980s Democrats assured Ronald Reagan that if he signed a mass amnesty for illegal immigrants, they would increase border security. They lied, and now anywhere from 10 to 30 million illegals have invaded our country — and Democrats want to make them voting citizens.

In the early 1990s, Democrats assured President George H.W. Bush that if he broke his famous “read my lips, no new taxes” pledge, they would cut spending. They lied, and Bush lost his re-election bid to Bill Clinton, who passed a ban on “assault weapons.”

In 2009, and on dozens of occasions, Obama promised us that if we backed his scheme for a government takeover of our health care, costs would plummet and no one would lose their doctors or insurance. He lied. Millions lost their insurance and doctors and costs have exploded.

Over the last fifteen years, the left assured us that if we backed same-sex marriage it would in no way personally affect us. They lied. Christian cake and floral artists are now being persecuted by the state, and the Church itself is next.

Gay marriage is the perfect analogy to what we are seeing now, which is the left — with a ton of help from the corporate media — using the Parkland, Florida, school shooting massacre as a means to stigmatize the NRA and gun owners; to turn us into social pariahs, to make it socially unacceptable to be us or to associate with us.

If you recall, though, this push to scarlet letter marriage traditionalists did not work. In fact, had the issue stayed within the democratic process, same-sex marriage would not be legal today. Despite the propaganda push, despite the phony polls to make it look as though those opposed were in the minority, in state referendums all around the union (with three exceptions), voters rejected the legalization of gay marriage. This includes California.

It is important that you never forget that same sex marriage did not and could not win through democracy, that you never forget that same sex marriage was forced upon us by a 5-4 vote — by a single vote on the Supreme Court.

And this is how our guns will be confiscated — through a demonization campaign and a single vote Supreme Court vote.

The scenario by which we are disarmed by our government, is this close to reality….

Democrat president elected.

Democrat president replaces a Clarence Thomas with a Ruth Bader Ginsburg.

Democrat president enjoys Democrat majorities in the House and Senate.

The Democrat Senate either enjoys a filibuster proof majority (this happened in 2008) or finishes what former Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid (D-NV) began — the annihilation of the filibuster. While there are some current Democrat Senators who would oppose confiscation, over time they can be weeded out in primaries, bullied into siding with the Party (as we saw with Obamacare), or simply overwhelmed by their pro-confiscation co-partisans in the aftermath of a Democrat wave election.

Both Houses of congress pass a gun confiscation bill.

By a 5-4 decision, the Supreme Court declares gun confiscation perfectly constitutional.

To those of you naďve enough to believe that the Bill of Rights, that the Second Amendment will save you from outright gun confiscation, I give you the District of Columbia v. Heller, where the individual right to own a handgun was barely recognized in the Supreme Court by a 5-4 decision, by a single vote.

If the District of Columbia refused its citizens any other right on the Bill of Rights, we would have seen a 9-0 or 7-2 decision. But a Second Amendment right just barely squeaked by.

This is how close we are to having our firearms confiscated.

Do not listen to the assurances from Democrats and their media. Ignore the lying fact-checkers and those scoffing at the very idea of gun confiscation and those in the ruling class ridiculing those of us trying to sound the alarm…

Just remember “My gay marriage will not affect you.”

Remember “You can keep your insurance.”

Remember that 73 percent of Democrats want to ban semi-automatic firearms (which means most handguns), and 44 percent are in favor of banning all guns.

Remember 5-4.

Swordsmyth
03-06-2018, 02:18 AM
Which is why Gorsuch is the best thing about Trump so far.

We need A. Kennedy to retire and 2 of the libs to vacate their slots one way or another so they can be replaced with more Gorsuchs.

Ain't an independent judiciary fun?

Zippyjuan
03-06-2018, 01:05 PM
Both Houses of congress pass a gun confiscation bill.

which would require a two thirds vote meaning support from a large number of Republicans. Likelyhood of that?

timosman
03-06-2018, 01:06 PM
which would require a two thirds vote meaning support from a large number of Republicans. Likelyhood of that?

About the same as you disappearing from this forum voluntarily.:cool:

Zippyjuan
03-06-2018, 01:14 PM
About the same as you disappearing from this forum voluntarily.:cool:

Thank you for your informative contribution to the discussion.

PierzStyx
03-06-2018, 01:24 PM
Doubtful. Canada, the UK, and Australia all have comparatively small and homogeneous populations. As a result it is easier to generate mass support for a variety of things, including gun regulations.

America, on the other hand, mas a comparatively massive population (you could add up the total populations of the UK, Australia, and Canada and barely crack a third of the US population) that is highly diverse in race, culture, and religion (amongst other issues). America also has a high sense of regionalism that factors into identity as well. Not to mention a whole LOT of guns.

The idea that gun confiscation would happen is silly. I can see a buyback program having a big effect. People like money. But outright seizure? Not any time soon.

bunklocoempire
03-06-2018, 01:27 PM
UBI terms and conditions. Done deal.

EDIT:
Just plant in the minds: Gun confiscation for safety before due process.

The best way to sell a bad idea is to have the mark conclude that it was his own idea to begin with. Fear and pride sells bad ideas.

Anti Federalist
03-06-2018, 01:32 PM
UBI terms and conditions. Done deal.

Bing-Fucking-Go.

It will start out with "UBI credits are prohibited from buying guns and ammo".

Then it will be, "No UBI at all, unless you turn over your prohibited items for collection and destruction".

And it won't just be guns on that list boys and girls.

Matt Collins
03-06-2018, 01:42 PM
There will never be outright widespread firearm confiscation in the US.

TPTB know that is a losing strategy. They will try to do it more incrementally over time.

nobody's_hero
03-06-2018, 03:29 PM
I'm both curious and afraid to see how confiscation would work, this time around.

When the British marched on the militia armories at Concord, there was a lot more organization back then (especially considering news in that day was delivered by men on horses). Militias trained every weekend and everyone knew each other. People trained for combat, not duck hunting or 'fun days at the range'. Guns weren't collector's items. There wasn't any 2nd Amendment yet, and people certainly didn't pin all their hopes on a 5-4 vote coming out of the capital.

Today I think they would just raid houses one-at-a-time until no guns were left. Then the last guy with a gun will be like, "let's get 'em boys!!! eh boys? . . . . Hey! where'd ya'll go?"

timosman
03-06-2018, 03:32 PM
Today I think they would just raid houses one-at-a-time until no guns were left. Then the last guy with a gun will be like, "let's get 'em boys!!! eh boys? . . . . Hey! where'd ya'll go?"

Most gun owners are not that militant. Just take care of the tall poppies. The rest will be bringing the guns themselves for confiscation. :cool:

DamianTV
03-06-2018, 03:36 PM
There will never be outright widespread firearm confiscation in the US.

TPTB know that is a losing strategy. They will try to do it more incrementally over time.

Boiling Frog. Theyre just taking the temperature of the water right now to see if the frog is ready to eat. Frog, the other other other other white meat. Frog, its whats for dinner.

What I do find encouraging about this is that there are still a number of Sheriffs and Cops that will flat out refuse any disarmament orders.

CCTelander
03-06-2018, 03:44 PM
Boiling Frog. Theyre just taking the temperature of the water right now to see if the frog is ready to eat. Frog, the other other other other white meat. Frog, its whats for dinner.

What I do find encouraging about this is that there are still a number of Sheriffs and Cops that will flat out refuse any disarmament orders.

That's what UN troops are for.

fisharmor
03-06-2018, 03:48 PM

And what I find discouraging is that we've had on full public display recently the amount of courage possessed by your average law enforcement drone to deal with armed individuals,
and for 16 years before that, we've had on display the willingness of "UN peacekeeping forces" to simply liquefy an entire wedding, if there is even the slightest notion that one of the groomsmen might have taken exception to global US hegemony.

DamianTV
03-06-2018, 03:53 PM

Yup. And if they were to face off against both Military Soldiers AND Cops, its a battle they will not win. We win this by making sure that the Cops fully understand that a disarmed public puts Cops in far more danger, especially against an external threat.

CCTelander
03-06-2018, 03:57 PM
And what I find discouraging is that we've had on full public display recently the amount of courage possessed by your average law enforcement drone to deal with armed individuals,
and for 16 years before that, we've had on display the willingness of "UN peacekeeping forces" to simply liquefy an entire wedding, if there is even the slightest notion that one of the groomsmen might have taken exception to global US hegemony.

As usual, it falls to the individual to be responsible for protecting their own rights.

But hey, no worries. I have it on good authority from dannno that this whole victim disarmament (gun control) thing is over . Trump threw cold water on it so we have nothing to be concerned over. All those disturbing noises we're hearing from the other side are probably just a collective delusion. /s

timosman
03-06-2018, 03:57 PM
Yup. And if they were to face off against both Military Soldiers AND Cops, its a battle they will not win. We win this by making sure that the Cops fully understand that a disarmed public puts Cops in far more danger, especially against an external threat.

It all depends on how close to retirement they are.:cool:

shakey1
03-06-2018, 04:04 PM
If the dems were to take control of the house & senate, they'll be on it like stink-on-shitt... if the issue should lose steam, another shooting will have to be arranged to recharge the crusade.

https://78.media.tumblr.com/5729b6e4d54511348575f2aaa5b42620/tumblr_o27cyv80nw1v1m9zmo3_250.gif

pcosmar
03-06-2018, 04:06 PM
Invest in tools.
, of the manufacturing variety.

just sayin'

https://slate.com/technology/2018/03/sales-of-ghost-guns-appear-to-be-booming-after-parkland.html

DamianTV
03-06-2018, 04:07 PM
It all depends on how close to retirement they are.:cool:

Also true. Simple enough to fix. "Warriors" like Cops or Soldiers are controlled by two means: Belief and Money, since they are the Ministry of Violence. This battle is very easy to win in regards to their retirement, simply explain if they allow full gun confiscation, their retirement plans, pensions, and any chance of financial success for themselves or for their children is directly threatened. Any promises to be made to guarantee their paychecks are empty and hollow. If they dont believe you, just remind them of the Collapse of the USSR where soldiers left their army because they simply were not paid. It happened there, and in many other countries, and can just as easily happen here as well. So why will using Money as a way to convince them to disobey disarmament orders? Because it IS the truth. The people who own this country would rather pocket the pensions of the Cops than to see it "go to waste" in the hands of the Ministry of Violence. The real threat to the US is the people that want ALL the money, even money that is supposed to control their Three Ministries.

Explaining why a Cop is truly in danger of losing all their money is not a threat from the public, merely identifying the TRUTH, which attacks the propaganda used by the Ministry of Belief to control Cops. And Truth is Treason in the Empire of Lies.

pcosmar
03-06-2018, 04:50 PM

I do not.

Put a gun in my hand publicly,, and defend my right to have it,,, and I will believe that.

I have the magical ability to turn any Legal Firearm into an illegal weapon simply by touch or close proximity.

Matt Collins
03-06-2018, 04:58 PM

But are the friggin frogs ghey?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9JRLCBb7qK8

DamianTV
03-06-2018, 04:59 PM
I do not.

Put a gun in my hand publicly,, and defend my right to have it,,, and I will believe that.

I have the magical ability to turn any Legal Firearm into an illegal weapon simply by touch or close proximity.

I do have doubts too. The "magic" there is that it is the Pen that is more dangerous than the guns because it only takes a flip of a pen to turn a normal Law Abiding person into a criminal, even if that person has committed no crime against any other person.

pcosmar
03-06-2018, 05:10 PM
I do have doubts too. The "magic" there is that it is the Pen that is more dangerous than the guns because it only takes a flip of a pen to turn a normal Law Abiding person into a criminal, even if that person has committed no crime against any other person.

or a doctors note.

then it is only a matter of sending the kill team to take out another violent crazy.