PDA

View Full Version : Stop sign waving and start canvasing

literatim
12-12-2007, 12:31 AM
Canvasing is the single most important thing grassroots in every State can be doing right now.

literatim
12-12-2007, 05:50 AM
Bump.

tfelice
12-12-2007, 05:56 AM
Agreed. Such a small percentage of the general population will actually vote in the primaries any form of blanket promotion is a waste of time at this stage.

On average, only 6% of registered voters will vote in the primaries. Roughly half will vote GOP. If I remember correctly, only around 70% of those eligible to vote are registered. So essentially, only 2% of people over 18 that see a sign will even be voting in the primaries.

sluggo
12-12-2007, 05:56 AM
I agree. Some meetups do little else. That doesn't have anywhere the impact that one-on-one contact has.

"Who is Ron Paul? I see the signs all over the place, but I don't know who he is." Something I've heard a lot of lately.

tfelice
12-12-2007, 05:58 AM
I agree. Some meetups do little else. That doesn't have anywhere the impact that one-on-one contact has.

"Who is Ron Paul? I see the signs all over the place, but I don't know who he is." Something I've heard a lot of lately.

I think many are still operating under the assumption that people will acutally google Ron Paul after seeing a "Google Ron Paul" sign. The truth is most won't