PDA

View Full Version : Questions for Ron Paul?

ronpaulitician
05-12-2007, 07:49 PM
In online discussions with people unfamiliar with or critical of Ron Paul, a couple of questions came up that I'm hoping to find an answer to.

1. What is Ron Paul's position on the "taxation without representation" issue in regard to the District of Columbia? The House recently passed a bill to allow DC to have a permanent vote in Congress, but since DC is not a state, that bill seems to be unconstitutional. I believe Ron Paul voted against it. Some possible solutions that I see: (a) Make DC a state, (b) Amend the Constitution, (c) Eliminate all federal taxes to DC residents, (d) Cede all of DC back to Maryland, except for federal buildings and parks.

2. Ron Paul voted to ban the use of federal funds for abortions to unmarried couples in DC. Some critics seem to have turned that into "Paul's against gay adoptions". Does anyone know if Dr. Paul provided any comments with that vote? Would he have voted to ban the use of federal funds for abortion regardless of the status of the prospective parent(s)?

3. What makes determining the intent of a vote so hard sometimes, is that a bill can contain several legislations regarding multiple issues. Does anyone know if Dr. Paul is in favor of reducing the number of legislations contained within a bill? This would eliminate the need for a line-item veto (which, I think, Paul opposes anyway) and would seem to make the voting process more transparent.

4. I respect Ron Paul's religious beliefs, but, as an atheist, I'd like to know if, when push comes to shove, Dr. Ron Paul would put the Constitution about God.

CAKochenash
12-26-2007, 10:43 AM
is this really the first thread on these forums???? Can you find an older one????

Its AMAZING to me how much these forums have changed since it's creation.

The last year of my life has been a complete blur....

THANK YOU ADMINS!!!!!!!!!
:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D