PDA

View Full Version : Obama Vs Ron Paul

doronster195
12-12-2007, 12:24 AM
I think that our only threat now is Obama. He does seem to bring change and be different. He's also a very likable guy. His character is similar to Ron Paul's. But he has mainstream support and has polling number and has the money to win the nomination. I believe that once Ron Paul wins the nomination and Obama wins the nomination it will be a very fierce battle between the two to see who wins. What do you guys think?

jake
12-12-2007, 12:25 AM
I can't stand Obama's speaking style

risiusj
12-12-2007, 12:26 AM
Ron Paul doesn't lose debates. Especially one on one debates. The only difference in Democratic candidates versus Ron Paul will be the margin of victory. I would think that Obama would make it the closest.

mortepa
12-12-2007, 12:26 AM
I would rather have Hillary. Obama is transparent and says nothing so eloquently when he speaks.

hellah10
12-12-2007, 12:27 AM
i just hope we can get that far

one day at a time :) we have a battle ahead of us

derdy
12-12-2007, 12:27 AM
I think that our only threat now is Obama. He does seem to bring change and be different. He's also a very likable guy. His character is similar to Ron Paul's. But he has mainstream support and has polling number and has the money to win the nomination. I believe that once Ron Paul wins the nomination and Obama wins the nomination it will be a very fierce battle between the two to see who wins. What do you guys think?

When you're receiving thousands of dollars from corporations, that's not change. He may have charisma, but you always follow the money, ya know?;)

Obama doesn't stand a chance against Dr. Paul. He NEVER talks about monetary policy and being a Constitutional attorney, he should also know that goverment subsidized healtchare is un-Constitutional.

We need to focus on the primaries for the Republican Party! After that, it's graaavy!

jasonoliver
12-12-2007, 12:28 AM

Barack Hussein Obama wants to criminalize the possession, sale, and manufacture of handguns!

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/1207/7312.html

twister5400
12-12-2007, 12:29 AM
are you kidding? if it was ron paul vs obama, obama would freak out... he wouldnt know what to do. all we would have to do is point out how rediculous his message of change is, when he is sticking with the bush policies... we would become the change group, and suck the wind out of his sails... i have no fear of obama... plus we would have a year to do in the general what we have done in 6 months in the primary

JosephTheLibertarian
12-12-2007, 12:29 AM

What change? Name one proposal. That's what I thought!

doronster195
12-12-2007, 12:34 AM
Come to think of it, he's just pictured as a candidate of change. I can't really think how he is any different than the other candidates besides his age. I guess I've been brainwashed yet again. Damn you MSM!

Energy
12-12-2007, 12:34 AM
Barack Hussein Obama wants to criminalize the possession, sale, and manufacture of handguns!

C'mon, what's the deal with highlighting his middle name like that? We're not Fox News.

I've been promoting this: http://www.ObamaLa.com

ThePieSwindler
12-12-2007, 12:36 AM
What change? Name one proposal. That's what I thought!

[Obama Supporter]
Obama would bring hope to America for all. Remember, we are not Black American or White America, we are the United States of America. Barack Obama would bring people together and would be above partisanship. Barack Obama would inspire Americans from all walks of life and would be above "politics as usual" and would bring a fair America where everyone has an oppotunity

[/Obama Supporter]

I kid you not, that is almost exactly what an Obama supporter i talked to while handing out slim jims one day said, at least initially. Then i told him that Obama's actual voting record is far left and that hes really no different from hillary, or on civil liberties, no different than bush in that regard, so he had to continue on saying that Obama was more inspiring and would be a wiser leader and would be above politics and some other shit.

Its pretty pathetic.

derdy
Come to think of it, he's just pictured as a candidate of change. I can't really think how he is any different than the other candidates besides his age. I guess I've been brainwashed yet again. Damn you MSM!

Yeah, that stuff should come with a warning label, "Watching this product may be harmful to your mental health!";)

doronster195

I agree, the fact that his middle name is Hussein and his last name sounds like Osama means absolutely nothing. I base my opinions on candidates based on their character and policies not on the name their parents gave them.

RonPaulFever
12-12-2007, 12:37 AM
Ron Paul always holds his own in the debates, but for the general election debates he is going to have to get more aggressive. This is the only potential problem I see with him being as humble and reserved as he is. I'd prefer he debate Hillary since she's a woman and being too harsh towards her might be seen as sexist.

TheIndependent
12-12-2007, 12:37 AM
Barack Who Cares Obama wants to criminalize the possession, sale, and manufacture of handguns!

Holy crap. That needs to be dugg right. this. second.

Wingman
12-12-2007, 12:41 AM
obama will make a good VP for Ron Paul

It will unite Democrats and Republicans and create

THE ULTIMATE GALAXY SHATTERING WEAPON OF MASSS EXTINCTION!!!!!!!!!!!

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!

* cue BATTLESHIP YAMATO anime theme *

SlapItHigh
12-12-2007, 12:44 AM
Obama only talks about change but his actions are status quo. *That* is why he is so huge. Those that don't look into things further will believe him and think he will change things. CFRers, big corporations, etc see that he is no different than anyone else so he gets their support as well.

Obama is a big time interventionist when it comes to foreign policy and he is ignorant on economics. He's got absolutely nothing on Ron Paul. If he is our biggest threat then we don't have as much to worry about as I thought.

McDermit
12-12-2007, 12:48 AM
there's only one change that obama would bring about.

All his speeches are so full of nothing. And people eat it up. It's disgusting.

quantized
12-12-2007, 12:51 AM
now it is too early to worry about Obama.. Ron Paul have to win the nomination first. Obama and Hillary will fight it out among themselves. Frankly, I hope Obama wins over Hillary. I simply dislike Hillary.

user
12-12-2007, 01:01 AM
Obama supports slavery. Ron Paul does not.