PDA

View Full Version : Challenge thread!!!

Doug1372
12-12-2007, 12:21 AM
this may be my first post...but I challenge all 12-16 donors to donate more as the campaign goes on...keep the momentum going.

I'll initially donate $100

I'll donate an additional $50 after $3 million

I'll donate an additional $50 after $5 million

I'll donate an additional $50 after $7million

and another $50 after $10 million....

More than I can really afford, but we cannot afford not to. I'm hoping beyond reason that I will be able to donate that last $50.

Doug1372
12-12-2007, 12:38 AM
wow! I must be the only one still up and around after midnight. :)

I'm open for suggestions as far as additional donation "triggers..."

maybe 4, 8, 12, etc.....we can keep track of it in a separate thread...

bbachtung
12-12-2007, 12:41 AM
Marvelous idea. Great first posts.

jrich4rpaul
12-12-2007, 06:18 AM
I'm just emptying my bank account asap that morning.

Literally.. emptying it

specialkornflake
12-12-2007, 06:36 AM
This is a really good idea.

Kingfisher
12-12-2007, 08:10 AM
Burp

CelestialRender
12-12-2007, 10:14 AM
Good idea. Still not sure if I'll do this, or just unload at the start to get early momentum going though.

Best thing to do would be to start threads like this every time a milestone gets passed. Forum donation frenzies are fun.

fredcamino
12-14-2007, 01:19 AM
Hey I actually had a similar idea the other day and set up a website for it as a "spin-off" of the tea party. I called it the "Tea Party '07 Challenge" and you can check out the site here (http://teaparty07challenge.com). Basically my premise was that if the donations hit $7mil I will donate another $100 (thus doubling my donation) and if in the amazing situation where donations hit $10mil will donate another $200 (thus doubling my donations once again) for a total of $400 donated if it hits $10mil. A lot of money for sure, but hell, if it hits $10mil i think it will be money well spent.

I've set up the site like the original Tea Party '07 site where you can pledge your commitment to The Challenge by submitting your email address.

If you interested, check it out at http://teaparty07challenge.com and tell everyone you can about it!

MalcolmGandi
12-14-2007, 01:42 AM
advertise teaparty07.com in comments on your friends' myspace pages

xexkxex
12-14-2007, 01:45 AM
Just donate $300.

....you are implying that you will only donate X amount if it gets to X amount while also saying that you have $300 to give.

...would you not give the full $300 is it does not get to X amount???

....Why hold out....just give what you can afford....

I do not see any logic in telling people that you can give X amount....but only if it gets up to X amount....

There is no logic in doing that way....just give you total amount and be done with it....

Everyone wins :D

I have a challenge.....someone match my $1000 and max out with me on the 16th. :)

fredcamino
12-14-2007, 01:58 AM
Just donate $300.

....you are implying that you will only donate X amount if it gets to X amount while also saying that you have $300 to give.

...would you not give the full $300 is it does not get to X amount???

....Why hold out....just give what you can afford....

I do not see any logic in telling people that you can give X amount....but only if it gets up to X amount....

There is no logic in doing that way....just give you total amount and be done with it....

Everyone wins :D

I have a real challenge.....some one match my $1000 and max out with me on the 16th. :)

Well the goal of teaparty07.com was to get people to donate $100. I pledged to donated $100 on December 16th. I mean I guess technically I could "afford" to donate $1900 since I guess that's what I'm legally allowed after my prior contributions. But I never planned to donate $1900 on Dec. 16 nor will I. I did plan to donate $100, but if it hits $7 mil I have challenged myself to donate another $100. And if it hits $10 mil I have challenged myself to donate another $200. So from my perspective this challenge has the possibility to increase my planned donation by 4 times. That's the logic. Plus, if all goes really well, I'll still have $1500 left over for legal donations to future fund raisers.

But of course, if you don't like it, don't participate! I tell you what though, it's also going to make watching that donation counter a lot funner!

xexkxex
12-14-2007, 02:04 AM
No need to get your panties in a wad buddy....just tossing out simple logic...and analyzing the reasoning we would hold back...

.....don't hold back...that is all I was saying...re-read what I wrote...

I know you went to a lot of trouble making the site and all, but insinuating that you would hold back if it did not get to X amount seemed...well...odd...

Frankly...I could care less what you do....just don't hold back...that is what I was saying...and if you did not get that from what I wrote then you were probably blinded by the fact that I had a different opinion than you. It's cool...

....Let's not hold back....

PS - You can not plan to increase your original planned donation if you had already planned to do that.....You would have already planned a set amount that you would get up to...therefore, you would already know if you could spend that amount....ergo...why not donate it all at once.....if you did not...then you would not be donating the total possible amount you planned for in the first place and would be holding back....Don't hold back....donate what you can afford...........logic...

fredcamino
12-14-2007, 02:13 AM
I agree with don't hold back. Thus... for those of you who were only planning on giving $100 (like I was)... I encourage you to take The Challenge (http://teaparty07challenge.com)! You may end up parting with four times as much as you had planned, which will put a dent in your holiday spending... but for a $10mil day I think it will be worth it. Happy Holidays!

Dave Pedersen
12-14-2007, 02:28 AM
Seems to me making one donation is a little better for a couple reasons. Every time a donation is processed it costs a little money. Smaller footprint on the donation page means less strain on a system which nobody wants to crash.

But hey go for it if you have fun doing it that way.