PDA

View Full Version : John Kelly: Leaving DHS to Work in Trump’s White House Was Punishment From God

Zippyjuan
03-01-2018, 02:00 PM
http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2018/03/kelly-leaving-dhs-for-trumps-wh-was-gods-punishment.html

White House chief of staff John Kelly said on Thursday that “God punished” him when he left the Department of Homeland Security to go to work in the White House as President Trump’s chief of staff.

The comment came at a celebration for DHS’s 15th anniversary and was preceded by Kelly rolling his eyes like a surly teen when he alluded to the drama that surrounds him in the West Wing.

“I miss every one of you, every day,” Kelly said, rolling his eyes.

“Truly, at six months, the last thing I wanted to do is walk away from one of the great honors of my life, being the secretary of Homeland Security, but I did something wrong and God punished me, I guess,” he said.

Kelly, who was supposed to settle the rampant chaos in the West Wing, has proven unable to calm the storm. But some of the problems have been of his own making, including the fiasco with former White House staff secretary Rob Porter, who resigned last month after his history of domestic abuse was made public.

The good news for Kelly is that, like so many staffers before him, he might be on his way out, too. At least, he will be if short-lived White House communications director Anthony Scaramucci has his way.

The quick-talking former hedge funder has launched a campaign to oust Kelly, and his plan is to reach Trump by talking to the media, he told Bloomberg’s Jennifer Jacobs. And on Thursday morning, Scaramucci hoped that Trump was watching CNN, where he told Chris Cuomo that “morale is terrible” in the West Wing, where Kelly rules “by fear and intimidation.”

Aratus
03-01-2018, 02:07 PM
Zippy... You are very up on current events! This actually is an interesting article! :)

Aratus
03-01-2018, 02:09 PM
The MOOCH is back in the news... (GOTO last paragraph UP above)

timosman
03-01-2018, 02:21 PM
Zippy... You are very up on current events! This actually is an interesting article! :)

I am surprised it took you so long to praise Zippy.:cool:

Raginfridus
03-01-2018, 02:23 PM
The MOOCH is back in the news... (GOTO last paragraph UP above)

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/c/c7/J.S._Grimaldi_%28as_Scaramouch%29.jpg/170px-J.S._Grimaldi_%28as_Scaramouch%29.jpg

https://youtu.be/s6Gh4QiqBIs

Aratus
03-01-2018, 02:32 PM
I am surprised it took you so long to praise Zippy.:cool:

I am trying to REWARD Zippy each time he does not do something stupid
or counterproductive or contradictory. Technically I did not praise Zippy...
only the article. However a 400 point DOW uptick before 5 p.m EST has high
odds of turning the day into a small downtick or market hesitation, not a
catastrophe or calamity like 1929's crash. positive constructive re-enforcement.

timosman
03-01-2018, 02:35 PM
I am trying to REWARD Zippy each time he does not do something stupid
or counterproductive or contradictory. Technically I did not praise Zippy...
only the article. However a 400 point DOW uptick before 5 p.m EST has high
odds of turning the day into a small downtick or market hesitation, not a
catastrophe or calamity like 1929's crash. positive constructive re-enforcement.

Did it ever occur to you, you might be trying too hard?:cool:

Aratus
03-01-2018, 02:39 PM
Did it ever occur to you, you might be trying too hard?:cool:

If each time he does something praiseworthy directly I find myself handing out positive (green) REP
I'd have to wait for Rand Paul's FIFTH term as Kentucky's senator to really dent all Zippy's red bars...
This is assuming there is nothing Negative REP laid on him from this point on. Daunting task...yes!!!

enhanced_deficit
03-01-2018, 03:39 PM
So far looks like he will not have same fate as Bannon.

Trump's family is reportedly furious with John Kelly, the sides may enter a 'death match' (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?519823-BI-Trump-s-family-is-reportedly-furious-with-John-Kelly-the-sides-may-enter-a-death-match&)

dannno
03-01-2018, 03:45 PM
Lol ya I remember when bush had these kinda problems....

Oh wait..