PDA

View Full Version : Blimp is delayed.

tomcat
12-11-2007, 11:55 PM
From the website:

Updated: Tuesday, December 12
Half of the artwork is in route, with an ETA Wednesday, Dec 12.
The other half has an ETA of Thursday, Dec 13.
Inaugural launch of the Ron Paul Blimp ETD: Friday morning, Dec 14 from Elizabeth City, NC
and then to be in Boston, MA by Sunday, Dec 16 for the Boston Tea Party '07!
Exact location of the inaugural launch will be released Thursday afternoon.
Schedule subject to change -- keep watching RonPaulBlimp.com!

Concerning Launch Delays

Hi everyone! We are dealing with uncooperative weather as well as delays on the blimp artwork.

The banner company tried to ship the first banner via plane, but ended up needing 4 weeks notice for a cargo shipment because of security regulations. It is currently in route to the blimp via UPS and should be there by Wednesday, Dec 12. The second banner will arrive by Thursday, Dec 13.

Please keep in mind that the manager at the hangar has expressed his amazement that we got a banner into production so quickly. He has explicity told us that blimp banners usually take MONTHS to design, order and produce. The manager told us most companies take much longer than we have to prepare for flights. Thank you for being so patient in this historic and monumental event!

The installation of the banners requires the blimp to be inside a hanger. Imagine the blimp rotating like a clock's big hand in the wind around the mast truck with a cherry picker in the way, trying to install a banner. There are only 2 hangers in the Eastern US that can hold something as big as the future Ron Paul blimp. One of them is the hanger where it is now in Elizabeth City, NC, the other is in New Jersey. Unfortunately the one in NJ is currently subject to high winds and winter weather in the area and the blimp cannot safely negociate entering and exiting the hanger unless the weather cooperates. So, it has been decided that the second banner must go on in the hanger in NC before the blimp's inaugural launch.

To summarize, no guarantees but the blimp is scheduled to depart on Friday morning. We will do our best to provide weather and schedule updates, so keep watching RonPaulBlimp.com!

ross11988
12-11-2007, 11:56 PM
So I am guessing it wont be in Boston for the Tea Party?

BLS
12-12-2007, 12:00 AM
It's looking grim, but I know they will do everything they can to have it there.

Knightskye
12-12-2007, 12:02 AM
How long does that thing take to inflate? Deflate it and truck it to Boston. Dude, this isn't cool.

BLS
12-12-2007, 12:03 AM
How long does that thing take to inflate? Deflate it and truck it to Boston. Dude, this isn't cool.

The cost to deflate/inflate it would be ASTRONOMICAL.

hillertexas
I wish they would have let us know that there were problems when they happened. Maybe we could have helped.

Think12345
I firmly believe the guys are doing everything possible. If these news upset you, imagine what they must feel.

Forefall
Yeah, do you know the cost of helium?

mortepa
12-12-2007, 12:04 AM
So I am guessing it wont be in Boston for the Tea Party?

Inaugural launch of the Ron Paul Blimp ETD: Friday morning, Dec 14 from Elizabeth City, NC

Paul.Bearer.of.Injustice
12-12-2007, 12:04 AM
Blizzard on Sunday anyway

Midnight77
12-12-2007, 12:06 AM
Can we get the blimp up to Boston without the artwork and simply apply the artwork there? That way we won't have the blimp just sitting in North Carolina. At least that way, the blimp will physically be there in Boston and we can get started on the trip.

Anyway, just a suggestion. We absolutely need this blimp in Boston for the Tea Party for the TV coverage.

fletcher
12-12-2007, 12:06 AM

And you believe that? It was scheduled to launch on the 10th, then the 11th, then the 12th, now the 14th. 4th time's a charm? More than likely it won't be there.

ronpaulblogsdotcom
12-12-2007, 12:07 AM
Can we get the blimp up to Boston and apply the artwork there ... so that way at least the blimp will be there?

Just a suggestion. We absolutely need this blimp in Boston for the Tea Party.

No there needs to be absolutely no wind to apply banners. Not possible this time of year except in a hangar. Only two hangars in East coast big enough for this blimp.

Bergie Bergeron
12-12-2007, 12:07 AM
Can we get the blimp up to Boston without the artwork and simply apply the artwork there? That way we won't have the blimp just sitting in North Carolina. At least the blimp will be there in Boston.

Anyway, just a suggestion. We absolutely need this blimp in Boston for the Tea Party for the TV coverage.

jasonoliver
12-12-2007, 12:08 AM
Lets just hope the organizer doesn't flee the country with $300k +

ronpaulblogsdotcom
12-12-2007, 12:09 AM
I really would not want a 1000 RP supporters after me for $300k. No where you could hide.

BLS
12-12-2007, 12:09 AM
Can we get the blimp up to Boston without the artwork and simply apply the artwork there? That way we won't have the blimp just sitting in North Carolina. At least that way, the blimp will physically be there in Boston.

No, they can't because they 'say' that they cannot apply the enormous signage unless it's in a wind-free environment. They say there are only 2 hangars in the area big enough to host the blimp (NJ and NC) and the NJ hangar is occupied.

It's out of our control.
I'm going to give them the benefit of the doubt for now. I don't have any choice otherwise, and it does NO good to complain about it anyway.

They HAVE to know that if it doesn't make it to Boston by Sunday, their fundraising is screwed.

hawkeyenick
12-12-2007, 12:10 AM
no way this is making it, once little hiccup and it's game over

there's no room left for error

RonPaulFever
12-12-2007, 12:10 AM
Have faith, folks. This is just a bump in the road.

hawkeyenick
12-12-2007, 12:11 AM
Have faith, folks. This is just a bump in the road.

no, they already went over 5 other bumps, this is the edge of the mountain, if you trip this time you can't stop yourself from falling

Chomsky
12-12-2007, 12:12 AM
I want my money back. BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

JosephTheLibertarian
12-12-2007, 12:14 AM
The blimp didn't look THAT big

tonyTheBest
12-12-2007, 12:14 AM

get out of here.

JJR
12-12-2007, 12:15 AM
Good work guys, we all know blimpin' ain't easy

jasonoliver
12-12-2007, 12:16 AM
get out of here.

Well there has been speculation of fraud about other projects such as ronpaultime.com

Once conartists started hearing about all the money donations, there is no doubt that some of the chipins are fraud.

vadimg
12-12-2007, 12:17 AM
lets pray it makes it to Boston by sunday!

RonPaulFever
12-12-2007, 12:17 AM
You guys are way too fickle. In fact, I have my doubts if some of you even support Ron Paul. Are you going to whine and give up when the serious media attacks start against the campaign, too?

amonasro
12-12-2007, 12:18 AM
You guys are way too fickle. In fact, I have my doubts if some of you even support Ron Paul. Are you going to whine and give up when the serious media attacks against the campaign, too?

yup, I can't wait :rolleyes:

bmcosti
12-12-2007, 12:19 AM
And you believe that? It was scheduled to launch on the 10th, then the 11th, then the 12th, now the 14th. 4th time's a charm? More than likely it won't be there.

With all due respect it wasn't the blimp managers fault on this. We (Ron Paul supporters) didn't raise enough money fast enough, we didn't raise all of the money required to do this until Friday last week. To be able to get this in the air in a week is completely phenomenal. Corporations usually have their budgets laid out way in advance. We did this in an extreamly fast amount of time.

derdy
12-12-2007, 12:20 AM
Hell, we can make an event out of this. Keep an eye on the countdown to the
16th and it's a blimp race to Boston!

How fast does that thing move? :p

RonPaulFever
12-12-2007, 12:22 AM

That's the kind of thinking we need more of around here.

GoRon2008
12-12-2007, 12:22 AM
hey guys, I am actually amazed how far this project has gotten. I remember seeing the first threads about it. Now, I see it on tv!!

Have faith!!!

Ron Paul supporters are making things happen!

derdy
12-12-2007, 12:23 AM
That's the kind of thinking we need more of around here.

We need to throw some wagers around here! :D

fletcher
12-12-2007, 12:32 AM
With all due respect it wasn't the blimp managers fault on this. We (Ron Paul supporters) didn't raise enough money fast enough, we didn't raise all of the money required to do this until Friday last week. To be able to get this in the air in a week is completely phenomenal. Corporations usually have their budgets laid out way in advance. We did this in an extreamly fast amount of time.

They said if they got $200k by Friday is would be in Boston. They got it. If the delay is actually because of money then they were lying.

jlink7
12-12-2007, 12:36 AM
They said if they got $200k by Friday is would be in Boston. They got it. If the delay is actually because of money then they were lying.

Without the $200k there would have been no chance. The fact that there is still a chance that it may not make it still is and always will be inevitable-- I don't remember anything in the way of a guarantee that it would be in Boston by the 16th if we raised that $200k, what I remember is them saying that it WOULDN'T be there if we didn't raise the $200k. That much can still be true, and you can't always account for situations such as this where shipping and adhering the banners is taking longer than expected. Just relax.

Jobarra
12-12-2007, 12:36 AM
LOL @ the negativity in this thread. The $200,000 has already paid for itself in advertising from media outlets even if the blimp NEVER GETS OFF THE GROUND. As for making it to Boston, if there IS a blizzard that day I really do NOT want to see this negativity directed at anyone except mother nature. It's a LTA aircraft. Even HTA aircraft don't usually fly through blizzards, and they have the power to actually have a chance at that.

All that being said, I can't wait to read years later all the problems that were encountered by all these grassroots efforts, but how they all came together in the end to help Dr. Paul win the Presidency. The blimp story will be a truly exciting chapter.

Mark Rushmore
12-12-2007, 12:38 AM
YO WTH Mannnnnz I juSt sat outsde int he froozing cold cuz I mappd the blimp flite path and it wuz SUPPOSD TO BE HERE AN HOUR AGO1

I'm SEWING!

derdy
12-12-2007, 12:38 AM
LOL @ the negativity in this thread. The $200,000 has already paid for itself in advertising from media outlets even if the blimp NEVER GETS OFF THE GROUND. As for making it to Boston, if there IS a blizzard that day I really do NOT want to see this negativity directed at anyone except mother nature. It's a LTA aircraft. Even HTA aircraft don't usually fly through blizzards, and they have the power to actually have a chance at that.

All that being said, I can't wait to read years later all the problems that were encountered by all these grassroots efforts, but how they all came together in the end to help Dr. Paul win the Presidency. The blimp story will be a truly exciting chapter.

Amen!

Positivity breeds positivity!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RKg4isEZ0jE

fletcher
12-12-2007, 12:48 AM
Without the $200k there would have been no chance. The fact that there is still a chance that it may not make it still is and always will be inevitable-- I don't remember anything in the way of a guarantee that it would be in Boston by the 16th if we raised that $200k, what I remember is them saying that it WOULDN'T be there if we didn't raise the $200k. That much can still be true, and you can't always account for situations such as this where shipping and adhering the banners is taking longer than expected. Just relax.

You must have missed the thread titled "The blimp WILL be in Boston on time!!" where they said even if they got the 200k a day or two after Friday the blimp would still be in Boston.

empirenine
12-12-2007, 12:48 AM
I'm not worried. Too much negativity here these days. The blimp will fly at some point, most likely for the Tea Party.

Man from La Mancha
12-12-2007, 12:54 AM
I'd be happy just to get it to Baltimore and DC on the 16th. Heck on the TV screen they will probably be lumped together in the same story. So it should nearly have the same effect. The millions that are going to see this was going to be the on the TV set anyway. Could say Ron Paul people are attacking the Boston Harbor and King George on the same day.

conner_condor
12-12-2007, 12:57 AM
Get some damn metal flake bright neon colors and paint Ron Paul on the side of it.

Cyclone
12-12-2007, 12:59 AM
get out of here.

(Yet another Nov 2007 member defending this project to the death and attacking anyone who dares to disagree with the blimp.)

Look, this is clearly not going to work. The whole idea was to have a blimp for the tea party. The costs have quintupled. We are now heading into winter with storms and terrible weather for blimp flying. As much as we wanted this, it is time to call it off.

We tried, we gave it a valiant effort, but the blimp is a bust. It is time to refund money and let go and move on to the next project.

At least we found out before the Tea Party so people who donated to the Blimp can get their money back and give it all to the Tea Party!

Things happen for a reason. Perhaps, we are all meant to dump the money into the Tea Party where it can do more good?

(Ok, I fully expect a whole host of Oct. - Dec. 2007 joiners to attack me as if I had just blasphemed the Pope. Have fun.)

Cyclone
12-12-2007, 01:01 AM

GoRon2008
12-12-2007, 01:03 AM
(Yet another Nov 2007 member defending this project to the death and attacking anyone who dares to disagree with the blimp.)

Look, this is clearly not going to work. The whole idea was to have a blimp for the tea party. The costs have quintupled. We are now heading into winter with storms and terrible weather for blimp flying. As much as we wanted this, it is time to call it off.

We tried, we gave it a valiant effort, but the blimp is a bust. It is time to refund money and let go and move on to the next project.

At least we found out before the Tea Party so people who donated to the Blimp can get their money back and give it all to the Tea Party!

Things happen for a reason. Perhaps, we are all meant to dump the money into the Tea Party where it can do more good?

(Ok, I fully expect a whole host of Oct. - Dec. 2007 joiners to attack me as if I had just blasphemed the Pope. Have fun.)

:eek: Wow, I like your way of looking at things.

"If you fail.... give up"

Im gonna teach that to my kids.

Myerz
12-12-2007, 01:05 AM
I agree, it's the responsible decision. If there are so many issues, uncontrollable conditions, elements that no one can control, then it would be wise to call it off. $300K could do a lot . With all the unknowns who knows how productive this blimp is going to be.

I can here the MSM now.....ya , they got the blimp up there...you couldn't see it through the snow..... or the supporters realized that there were elements beyond their control and chose to spend the money in such a way that was more effective.

Which one?

Who knows maybe everything will work out.....I guess we'll see.

GoRon2008
12-12-2007, 01:07 AM
I agree, it's the responsible decision. If there are so many issues, uncontrollable conditions, elements that no one can control, then it would be wise to call it off. $300K could do a lot . With all the unknowns who knows how productive this blimp is going to be.

I can here the MSM now.....ya , they got the blimp up there...you couldn't see it through the snow..... or the supporters realized that there were elements beyond their control and chose to spend the money in such a way that was more effective.

Which one?

Or this...

"wheres the blimp?"

Its already on the news that it will take place we can't give up now we will look stupid.

Myerz
No...I don't think give up....just wait for another opportunity...... is the Tea Party the End of the World? I don't think this blimp is going to make or break Ron Paul.

GoRon2008
I don't think it matters where the hell you fly the blimp just get it off the ground and in front of a news camera!!

daviddee
12-12-2007, 01:08 AM

Myerz
12-12-2007, 01:08 AM
I think, if they can see it and we paid $300K......we will look even stupider....is that even a word?

Stupify.....AGGGGGGGHHHHH!

Myerz
12-12-2007, 01:09 AM
I don't think it matters where the hell you fly the blimp just get it off the ground and in front of a news camera!!

TRUE.... I agree with that!

Fly it over my house......I'll film it!

North West Coast...Salem Oregon to be precise!

Paul4Prez
12-12-2007, 01:11 AM
Relax people. Boston is only 600 miles from Elizabeth City, NC -- just 20 hours of flying time. New York City is only 400 miles, and wouldn't be a bad consolation prize on the 16th.

But if the weather is going to be bad a lot in New Hampshire, maybe South Carolina and Florida would make more sense?

LibertyEagle
12-12-2007, 01:13 AM

Geez. All this time, I thought our goal was to get Ron elected President. I didn't know it was to get a blimp in the air. Thanks for setting me straight. :rolleyes:

Cyclone
12-12-2007, 06:00 AM

Yet another Nov. 2007 invader attacking the person and having no ability to actually argue. Don't you all know we are on to you all? Every time a person says something slightly reasonable, a Nov. 2007 joiner attacks with venom.

Look at other topics. The Oct. - Dec. 2007 trolls aren't there in force, they only come out and are cruel and mean and say nasty things to anyone who is against the blimp.

We have figured it out. Don't believe me? Look at everyone who attacks, I mean, not the idea, but the person in the blimp topic. They all joined between Oct. - Dec. 2007, most of them in Nov. 2007. Funny huh?

I think this whole board may be taken over by these folks. Poor people who dare to bring up an actual rational idea, like abandoning a sinking ship and moving on to the next project instead of sinking more money into something that is not going to be useful, get treated so cruelly. You are a very mean person. Very mean.

Cyclone
12-12-2007, 06:03 AM
Or this...

"wheres the blimp?"

Its already on the news that it will take place we can't give up now we will look stupid.

If the thing can't fly because of weather and other problems, it can't fly. They will get over it.

I don't think that anyone is going to vote for Ron Paul because he has a blimp.

Cyclone
12-12-2007, 06:04 AM

Which one?

Now that sounds perfectly sensible to me. But I am guessing you will get flamed by the November crowd. Stand your ground. You have folks at your back.

ronpaulblogsdotcom
12-12-2007, 06:14 AM
I think this whole board may be taken over by these folks. Poor people who dare to bring up an actual rational idea, like abandoning a sinking ship and moving on to the next project instead of sinking more money into something that is not going to be useful, get treated so cruelly. You are a very mean person. Very mean.

I like how you want your money back and you call other people poor. Whats wrong you want your $50 back so you can get Guitar Hero 3?

And asking for your money back is not rational. I don't think the agreement on the blimp site allows it and the blimp company has done lots of work and preparation to get this ready. Do you think they are going to work for free? Do you think the banners are free? Do you think the people that have moved across country should go back with their tails between their legs because you don't understand logistics and let people who are experts decide how to do things?

Please go do something for the campaign and when you see the blimp on the news be happy.

O yes my profile says Nov 2007 - How controversial!

bmcosti
12-12-2007, 06:19 AM

Friday was the drop dead date. They do not have 100% control over all the factors ie weather, the printing company, the 4 week delay that would have been imposed by the government to fly the banner artwork.

Instead of nitpicking recognize this feat for what it is as amazing grassroots effort.

philistineau
12-12-2007, 06:34 AM
Once you donate, you can't ask for the money back. That's why it is called a donation and not a "loan".

If you didn't donate, then you have no right to request the blimp be cancelled.

Long live the blimp!

Lyn
12-12-2007, 06:35 AM
Guys don't lose faith so easily. Our forefathers endured so much true suffering in the name of their revolution and they never complained half as much as this group. Just read the Wikipedia account of Valley Forge. Go read up on some of the real bumps in the road that patriots endured and then a delay in the blimp launch can be put in proper perspective.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Valley_Forge

hugh8jass
12-12-2007, 06:45 AM
You started this page off on a positive note, thanks Lyn.

Many posts in this thread are typical of what bothers me most about our chance of success...
Save your venom for the opponents OUT THERE.
There is an appropriate place for criticism, but if you can't be CONSTRUCTIVE about it, you probably shouldn't bother.

I don't talk much, but have been here since March...if that matters at all.
I've been with the cause of freedom for much longer.

10thAmendmentMan
12-12-2007, 06:51 AM
On another note, the people running the blimp should definitely argue for some discounts or extra blimp time.

Pharoah
12-12-2007, 07:00 AM
Anyone want to crunch the numbers?

Blimp Stats:

SKYSHIP 600 measuring in at over 190 feet long & 60 feet tall#
Max speed of 65 mph with a tailwind
# Averages 30 mph and prefers a 2,000 ft elevation

[I hope it's like the 'Final Fantasy' ones - with built in rocket boosters! ;) ]

RonPaulCentral
12-12-2007, 07:01 AM

That is a disgusting comment. You foul my stomach.

speciallyblend
12-12-2007, 07:05 AM
Long Live THE BLIMP ,THANK YOU TREVOR and ELIJAH and all who have helped the dream become a reality:)

webber53
12-12-2007, 07:09 AM
Shoulder to Shoulder!
Hold the line!
Hold the line!

Wyurm
12-12-2007, 07:18 AM
Well there has been speculation of fraud about other projects such as ronpaultime.com

Once conartists started hearing about all the money donations, there is no doubt that some of the chipins are fraud.

There is no need for negativity like that. They aren't ripping us off, they are trying to launch and are waiting on things that would normally take months. How would you like to be pushing really hard to get something done while also having to see people: wanting to control every aspect, faking pledges, deciding they don't like you having to go with a different plan, and then accusing you of trying to steal their money once they finally decide to donate? This is too high profile for them to be able to even think about stealing the money.

Most blimp supporters are doing the right thing and being supportive. Some don't support the blimp and most of them are doing the right thing by just not saying anything about it, or offering constructive criticism. However, accusations are neither supportive nor constructive, please don't do that to people that have done so much to further the message of liberty.

szczebrzeszyn
Once you donate, you can't ask for the money back. That's why it is called a donation and not a "loan".
Cool, but nobody donated to the blimp project.

CrazyRonPaulSupporter
The way I see it. As soon as this baby takes of we have made history, and the news will spread around the world: Presidential candidate Ron Paul has his own blimp. Isn't that cool! And if we make it to the Teaparty a big bonus. But regardles, history is in the making here folks. So Trolls, Neysayers and Sockpuppets, eat your hearts out!!!

Wat we have accomplished here is going to end up in the history books, maybe even world wide. It's makes me proud of being a Ron Paul supporter. We can all tell our kids and future kids that WE DID SOMETHING!!!

Thunderbolt
12-12-2007, 07:42 AM
I like how you want your money back and you call other people poor. Whats wrong you want your $50 back so you can get Guitar Hero 3?

And asking for your money back is not rational. I don't think the agreement on the blimp site allows it and the blimp company has done lots of work and preparation to get this ready. Do you think they are going to work for free? Do you think the banners are free? Do you think the people that have moved across country should go back with their tails between their legs because you don't understand logistics and let people who are experts decide how to do things?

Please go do something for the campaign and when you see the blimp on the news be happy.

O yes my profile says Nov 2007 - How controversial!

Yup, another Nov. 2007 attack. These are getting quite common place. No, I don't want a video game I WANT TO GET THE MONEY BACK TO GIVE DIRECTLY TO THE RON PAUL CAMPAIGN. Perhaps you missed that in your ad hominem attack that once again has nothing to do with what I said.

This is getting silly people. Does everyone who joined in November have foul mouths and do nothing but attack people instead of being able to discuss ideas?

No, I know there are some who are not in that group, I apologize for lumping you all together, but for all the pro-blimp folks, they all do fall into that camp.

If you don't want to look like the same person over and over I suggest you try a new tactic. This is getting old, doesn't work, and makes you look pretty bad.

P.S. If you read Cyclone's post, she means poor in the sense of the poor folks who get attacked by you all, it has nothing to do with money.

Thunderbolt
12-12-2007, 07:50 AM
I really think Cyclone is on to something with her Oct - Dec. theory. It really does hold up quite well. Have we been taken over by a whole group of infiltrators? I have never seen so many people defend something so indefensible so wholeheartedly unless there was something nefarious going on.

What has been paid for? What can be refunded? It is time to start asking these questions.

Go on Oct- Nov crowd, now flame me.

Pharoah
12-12-2007, 07:54 AM
@Thunderbolt - Are you suggesting that the blimp is a conspiracy theory designed to steal your money? And I thought I was crazy...

frasu
12-12-2007, 07:56 AM
You guys are way too fickle. In fact, I have my doubts if some of you even support Ron Paul. Are you going to whine and give up when the serious media attacks start against the campaign, too?

Yeah! It is a freaking BLIMP... It is frustrating to deal with the delay but c'mon, seriously... It's been couple of weeks since they started, and it is still amazing that things are as far as they are. People are working at it, the owner of the blimp is giving us a lot of slac, all we need is to wait to see it in the air...

NinjaPirate
12-12-2007, 08:15 AM
Yet another Nov. 2007 invader attacking the person and having no ability to actually argue. Don't you all know we are on to you all? Every time a person says something slightly reasonable, a Nov. 2007 joiner attacks with venom.

Look at other topics. The Oct. - Dec. 2007 trolls aren't there in force, they only come out and are cruel and mean and say nasty things to anyone who is against the blimp.

We have figured it out. Don't believe me? Look at everyone who attacks, I mean, not the idea, but the person in the blimp topic. They all joined between Oct. - Dec. 2007, most of them in Nov. 2007. Funny huh?

Talk about the pot calling the kettle black. Your join date is 10-30-07. Get off your high horse.

Stealth4
12-12-2007, 08:22 AM
How much planning for the banners was done before you got the $200,000?

I must admit I'm a little dissapointed - I dont buy the flight banner delay. Someone responsible should have looked into that and the banner company should have known that.

LibertyEagle
12-12-2007, 08:30 AM
Talk about the pot calling the kettle black. Your join date is 10-30-07. Get off your high horse.

Cyclone is 100% loyal to getting Ron Paul elected. I will personally vouch for that.

dshields
12-12-2007, 08:35 AM

THANK YOU, for putting this in to perspective. We have a lot of Key-Board-Commando's out there thinking this stuff just happens when it takes a lot of effort an coordination. It has been pointed out several times that this sort of thing normally takes several weeks to months to get off the ground and he we are doing it literally 7 days after we raise the money assuming it launches this Friday.

Lets keep it realistic...

Good Job Blimpers..

Dave

szczebrzeszyn
12-12-2007, 08:36 AM
Well, there was a flood of newbies fighting for the blimp at the very beginning of December. The ones I checked back then registered on Nov 28th+. It was really hard to not see THE pattern (I'm not commenting on this thread though). It was the date of the most heated debates, when they announced they set up LLC etc. Then the flood began.

Yes, I know what my join date is :)

bolidew
12-12-2007, 08:37 AM
The blimp has to flight at night to get to TeaParty?!

So who can see it in the sky??

A waste IMO.

steph3n
12-12-2007, 08:45 AM

look it is already working. Look at the media coverage just from starting it, such pessimistic people here!

wisconsinite
12-12-2007, 08:48 AM
The blimp has to flight at night to get to TeaParty?!

So who can see it in the sky??

A waste IMO.

Yeah, if it has to fly through the most densely populated section of the country under the cover of darkness, that don't make much sense.

LibertyEagle
12-12-2007, 08:51 AM
look it is already working. Look at the media coverage just from starting it, such pessimistic people here!

Actually, it seems more like realism to take a good, hard look at what the game plan should be if the blimp can't make it to Boston for the tea party. If it can't, or can only do it by flying at night when no one can see it, should we go to Plan B? If so, what should Plan B be?

EotS
12-12-2007, 08:56 AM
This is a massive undertaking in a very short time.

Maybe the flight crew will step up and put in some OT.

Pray to Aeolus for a good tailwind!

Revolution9
12-12-2007, 08:56 AM

I would like to see you say that to their faces. I met them this weekend. I suggest you would defecate in your socks pal.. You need to shut your effing big yap spewing these slanderous aspersions.

:cool:
Randy

Revolution9
12-12-2007, 09:00 AM

That;s the attitude. A race against the clock to Boston. The Midnight Ride of The Paul Revered Raiders Blimp. Another media event.

Best
Randy

Jobarra
12-12-2007, 09:38 AM
Cyclone is 100% loyal to getting Ron Paul elected. I will personally vouch for that.
Sorry, but after reading Cyclone's negative comments about the blimp as well as an ENTIRE grouping of supporters(including the internet fallacy of "I have more posts/registered earlier than you so I'm better"), I find it hard to believe that Cyclone is being anything less than devisive to the grassroots support of Ron Paul and thus attacking Ron Paul's support. Cyclone is trying to turn one group of supporters against another, which is NOT positive any way you look at it.

I've already said it before in this thread and I'll say it again. The blimp project has already garnered much more than $300,000 in media attention for the tea party and Ron Paul without even taking flight.

szczebrzeszyn
12-12-2007, 09:52 AM
I've already said it before in this thread and I'll say it again. The blimp project has already garnered much more than $300,000 in media attention for the tea party and Ron Paul without even taking flight.
Sorry, I'm just curious. Where did you get that number?

FluffyUnbound
12-12-2007, 09:52 AM
Look, I know the delays in getting this thing airborne are frustrating a lot of people, but this is a brand spanking new project starting from scratch in context where it's never been used before.

Their original timetable was wildly optimistic. It was like finally securing the funding to write some software or start a new manufacturing process, and declaring, "We will be done in three days." That's not going to happen. No plan survives its own execution.

It doesn't matter at this point if it makes it to the Tea Party in Boston because the Boston event itself almost certainly will not occur due to weather. As long as the thing is in the air over NH or IA before 12/31 the blimp will do its job.

LibertyEagle
12-12-2007, 10:02 AM

I wonder what kind of media attention we will get if the blimp doesn't make it to Boston for the tea party, as someone repeatedly told the MSM it would be?

I guess we'll see, if and when that happens.

LibertyEagle
12-12-2007, 10:07 AM
Sorry, but after reading Cyclone's negative comments about the blimp as well as an ENTIRE grouping of supporters(including the internet fallacy of "I have more posts/registered earlier than you so I'm better"), I find it hard to believe that Cyclone is being anything less than devisive to the grassroots support of Ron Paul and thus attacking Ron Paul's support. Cyclone is trying to turn one group of supporters against another, which is NOT positive any way you look at it..

So are you saying that is not allowable to ask questions about the blimp? Do tell.

As far as the November joiners of this forum. I think Cyclone was stating what she had noticed and quite frankly, so did I. I found it rather curious myself, to tell you the truth.

torchbearer
12-12-2007, 10:15 AM
So are you saying that is not allowable to ask questions about the blimp? Do tell.

As far as the November joiners of this forum. I think Cyclone was stating what she had noticed and quite frankly, so did I. I found it rather curious myself, to tell you the truth.

Would you like to count how many times the stupid effin questions have been asked?
Its getting ridiculous... go out and handout some slim jims... do something productive.. this thread.. is the opposite of productive and will be unproductive until the blimp is launched... no amount of retarded questioning will change that... understand?
Get off your high horse... are someone will knock you off of it...

And if you really wanted an answer... why not contact the people themselves... making a public post is for POSTURING only... so stop acting like these threads are "sincere" calls for "sincere" answers... there are no answers.. no one knows about banners or weather or launch dates.. that is all in God's hands.. GET IT?

CAKochenash
12-12-2007, 10:23 AM
I really would not want a 1000 RP supporters after me for $300k. No where you could hide.

yeah no joke...we ARE paul supporters ya know...we WILL find you...

HAHAHa

Birdlady
12-12-2007, 10:30 AM
LIbertyEagle and Cyclone you are annoying the heck out of me.

Do you think we would have gotten anywhere with attitudes such as yours. It is okay to give constructive criticism, but what you are doing is destructive.

The blimp is already rolling. It's already halfway "paid" for and it's a done deal. It sounds like BOTH of you are just looking for any negative thing to happen with it because you may have been against it at the beginning. You are just waiting to tell us "I told you so" and I am sick of that crap on these boards. Grow up, please.

Even if the blimp can't make it to Boston there are many other areas on the East coast it could fly to make it worthwhile. Just stop being so damned negative when it isn't necessary.

Almost 10,000 posts. Perhaps you really should step away from the computer. :rolleyes:

firebirdnation
12-12-2007, 10:53 AM
Lets give the guys a break and wait and see what happens. Many have brought up some good points in this thread, but at this time I think its best to give the blimp crew the benefit of the doubt.

BeFranklin
12-12-2007, 10:55 AM
I firmly believe the guys are doing everything possible. If these news upset you, imagine what they must feel.

I can't imagine how they feel. They said it would launch Monday weather permitting, and at the same time knew
it couldn't since the banners weren't even sewn regardless of the weather.

I have never been dishonest in my life about things like that. I've always suspected that feelings are different
on the inside between people depending on honesty and openness.

Cyclone
12-12-2007, 07:35 PM

I think you miss my point. I am not saying that people who joined in that time frame are all Trevor backers, but I am saying that all Trevor backers joined in that time frame.

This is a subtle logical distinction that is usually taught in math.

Somewhere around the 7th grade.

LibertyEagle
12-12-2007, 07:36 PM
Would you like to count how many times the stupid effin questions have been asked?
Its getting ridiculous... go out and handout some slim jims... do something productive.. this thread.. is the opposite of productive and will be unproductive until the blimp is launched... no amount of retarded questioning will change that... understand?

I was not the one asking the questions. Get your facts straight. And be very clear about what you are doing, before you make statements to me again that sound like threats. :mad: Now, do YOU understand?

Cyclone
12-12-2007, 07:38 PM

And if you really wanted an answer... why not contact the people themselves... making a public post is for POSTURING only... so stop acting like these threads are "sincere" calls for "sincere" answers... there are no answers.. no one knows about banners or weather or launch dates.. that is all in God's hands.. GET IT?

Is there some reason why this information needs to be in the dark?

ProBlue33
12-12-2007, 07:38 PM
http://ondecember16th.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/12/banner-on-tight.jpg

check it out

Cyclone
12-12-2007, 07:39 PM

Do you think we would have gotten anywhere with attitudes such as yours. It is okay to give constructive criticism, but what you are doing is destructive.

The blimp is already rolling. It's already halfway "paid" for and it's a done deal. It sounds like BOTH of you are just looking for any negative thing to happen with it because you may have been against it at the beginning. You are just waiting to tell us "I told you so" and I am sick of that crap on these boards. Grow up, please.

Even if the blimp can't make it to Boston there are many other areas on the East coast it could fly to make it worthwhile. Just stop being so damned negative when it isn't necessary.

Almost 10,000 posts. Perhaps you really should step away from the computer. :rolleyes:

Getting half of your money back is better than throwing more money into a sinking hole.

LibertyEagle
12-12-2007, 07:42 PM

If you are getting this annoyed by reading the posts, perhaps you should stay away from the computer. ;)

Let me get this straight. One has to kneel at the blimp alter in order to be considered faithful to the Ron Paul grassroots. Is that what you're saying? So sorry, I'm not going to play that game.
As far as my "attitude" is concerned and how it has effected this campaign, I would put what I have done, up against your actions, any day of the week.

Since when is it considered "grownup" to insult anyone who does not agree with you, or dares to have a different opinion?

I never said that we should abandon the blimp. I said that we might want to look at Plan B, if the blimp was unable to make it to Boston in time for the Tea Party. By that, I meant possibly changing the flight plans so that we were in areas that did not have white skies, nor blizzards going on.

I would love to. Can't walk. Next question? :rolleyes:

wfd40
12-12-2007, 07:50 PM
I dig Liberty's enthusiasm.. he's seen it all on here, so his concerns with the blimp are certainly something to take heed of.

That said, after reading the post about how a late launch of the blimp could extend the 'news cycle' on Paul this coming week, I chilled out on the delay and actually now believe it to be a blessing in disguise.

:)

louisiana4liberty
12-12-2007, 08:14 PM
Please explain about the banner being late. This video shows the big blimp with the banner. >>> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_vKDbLPryLc

steph3n
12-12-2007, 08:22 PM
Please explain about the banner being late. This video shows the big blimp with the banner. >>> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_vKDbLPryLc

they only have on side of the blimp the other banner is in tomorrow

Anti Federalist
12-12-2007, 08:38 PM
I've been lukewarm to the blimp idea from the get go.

But the project looks like it's going to get done at some point so, great, good job.

But get the idea of having it in Boston on the 16th out of your mind.

Not only is the flight time too great, but the weather is forecast to be atrocious on the 16th, totally unsuitable for a lighter than air craft, heavy snow, low ceilings and high winds, a "nor'easter" blizzard in other words.

And before I get flamed for having a negative attitude, those who know me, know what I have put on the line for the 16th.

Shit happens sometimes, you just gotta work around it.

Fly the blimp in Florida or SC.

hawkeyenick
12-12-2007, 08:39 PM
they only have on side of the blimp the other banner is in tomorrow
At least we hope so

fogger
12-12-2007, 08:45 PM
In terms of media exposure it might be better for them to be launched separately. "What? $10,000,000 in one day?" Then a couple days later... "They launched a blimp!??"

We know they are doing everything they can to get that blimp going and it will fly when it flies. Nothing we can do here... EXCEPT: promote the Teaparty!

j.b.
12-12-2007, 09:32 PM
In terms of media exposure it might be better for them to be launched separately. "What? $10,000,000 in one day?" Then a couple days later... "They launched a blimp!??"

Lets not forget why we are all here. November 5th was not about 4 million, it was about doing something to generate Ron Paul some traction in the mainstream media and it worked.

Hitting 12 million for the quarter, The Tea Party, and getting the blimp in the air, are again to get traction in the mainstream media so that more people can hear his message.

If all three happen in one day that would be fine, but if they happen on three different days, and the main stream media airs a different story on the Ron Paul campaign on three different days, that could also be beneficial.

Whichever way the cards fall, lets just make the best of it and try to use it to our advantage in getting the message out to our friends.