PDA

View Full Version : Michael Savage weighing U.S. Senate bid in California

Swordsmyth
02-28-2018, 03:06 AM
Michael Savage says that “very important people” have asked him to run for U.S. Senate in California. “Some very important people have come to me and said ‘Savage, would you like to run as an independent for the U.S. Senate in the state of California against the esteemed Dianne Feinstein?’” Savage said on his show, “The Savage Nation,” Friday. “I’m asking you should I run or not run?”

The 76-year-old who lives in Mill Valley said that the political establishment and the media would come after him if he decides to run.

“I don’t know that I want to put myself through this,” Savage said, following up later with: “There’s a thing called public service. If not me, who?”

Savage, whose legal name is Michael Weiner, is registered in California as a Republican. A phone call to his home on Monday was not answered.

He laid out a potential platform that included lowering California’s tax rate, making ballots only available in English, “no more racism as a way of life in California” and building an extensive wall on the Mexican border.

“I’m not talking about a wall, I’m talking about a citadel,” Savage said.

If Savage were to run, he would be challenging Feinstein as she seeks a fifth full term in a contest that does not have a prominent Republican or independent candidate. Feinstein has a war chest of $9.8 million.

http://www.latimes.com/politics/essential/la-pol-ca-essential-politics-updates-far-right-radio-host-michael-savage-1519681995-htmlstory.html

enhanced_deficit
02-28-2018, 07:25 AM
He probably deserves some kind of public service recognition for his work on LGBT rights. But Senate is not right place for Michael 'bomb bomb Iraq" Savage or Michael "bomb bomb Iran" Weiner. There is already too healthy representation of war lobbies neocon-zionist wing lapdogs there.

acptulsa
02-28-2018, 07:35 AM
So, how is the fact that he's "prominent" going to help him if he can't put his stage name on the ballot? Is he going to campaign as "Michael Savage-Weiner"?

fedupinmo
02-28-2018, 08:10 PM
^^ I have to spread some rep, but that was basically what I had to say.

I can just see him now, "No 20 round ASSAULT CLIPS!".

Raginfridus
02-28-2018, 08:19 PM
Michael Weener

oyarde
02-28-2018, 08:54 PM
Really , what would be the difference ? Both would oppose the protection supposed to be given under every Amendment I can think of off the top of my head .......