PDA

View Full Version : Monica Lewinsky says Bill Clinton affair was ‘gross abuse of power’

Brian4Liberty
02-27-2018, 02:39 PM
Monica Lewinsky says Bill Clinton affair was ‘gross abuse of power’ (https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2018/feb/27/monica-lewinsky-says-bill-clinton-affair-was-gross-abuse-of-power)
Former intern says she suffered from PTSD after relationship and praises #MeToo movement
Associated Press - Tue 27 Feb 2018

The former White House intern Monica Lewinsky has said the affair that led to impeachment proceedings against Bill Clinton was not sexual assault, but “constituted a gross abuse of power”.

Writing in the March issue of Vanity Fair, Lewinsky also said she was in awe of the sheer courage of women who have been confronting entrenched beliefs and institutions.

She said she had recently been moved to tears when a leader of the #MeToo movement told her: “I’m so sorry you were so alone.”

Lewinsky said she had been diagnosed with post-traumatic stress as a result of being “publicly outed and ostracised”, and lauded the #MeToo movement for providing “the safety that comes from solidarity”. “There are many more women and men whose voices and stories need to be heard before mine,” she wrote.

“There are even some people who feel my White House experiences don’t have a place in this movement, as what transpired between Bill Clinton and myself was not sexual assault, although we now recognise that it constituted a gross abuse of power.”
“Now, at 44, I’m beginning … to consider the implications of the power differentials that were so vast between a president and a White House intern,” Lewinsky said.

“I’m beginning to entertain the notion that in such a circumstance the idea of consent might well be rendered moot, although power imbalances – and the ability to abuse them – do exist even when the sex has been consensual,” she wrote.

“But it’s … very, very complicated. The dictionary definition of ‘consent’? ‘To give permission for something to happen.’ And yet what did the ‘something’ mean in this instance, given the power dynamics, his position, and my age? Was the ‘something’ just about crossing a line of sexual [and later emotional] intimacy? An intimacy I wanted – with a 22-year-old’s limited understanding of the consequences.

“He was my boss. He was the most powerful man on the planet. He was 27 years my senior, with enough life experience to know better. He was, at the time, at the pinnacle of his career, while I was in my first job out of college,” she said.
More: https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2018/feb/27/monica-lewinsky-says-bill-clinton-affair-was-gross-abuse-of-power

Brian4Liberty
02-27-2018, 02:41 PM
with a 22-year-old’s limited understanding of the consequences.

Guess we better increase the age of consent to something higher than 22...

We must update age requirements, as the modern child is not an adult until they move out of their parents home and become independent. What age is that now, 30? These poor children want government to take care of them, to protect them, to do their laundry and clean up after them. They need to be coddled.

With that in mind, we should make the limit consistent on all things age restricted. Guns, alcohol, marijuana, voting, age of consent, cigarettes, military service, etc. What makes sense? At what age are they "responsible" and independent? 18? 21? 22? 25? 28? 30?

phill4paul
02-27-2018, 02:59 PM
Guess we better increase the age of consent to something higher than 22...

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?519690-Perhaps&p=6592941#post6592941

dannno
02-27-2018, 03:07 PM
Men may 'abuse' their power to get sex, but women are equally guilty of using sex to gain unearned power from men.

The difference is that the woman's power is unearned, whereas the man's power was earned. At least for the most part. I know women can watch their weight, workout and be more attractive that way but attractiveness is largely genetic. Sex (gender) is obviously pre-defined.

I think that is why society always looked down on women like that, because really it is them that lack the control. The man is in control, he gained the power to get the sex. That is understandable. The woman is taking unearned power in trade for sex. How can you say there's a victim??

oyarde
02-27-2018, 03:21 PM
Gross abuse of power ? by who ? Monica ?

ChristianAnarchist
02-27-2018, 03:31 PM
Men may 'abuse' their power to get sex, but women are equally guilty of using sex to gain unearned power from men.

The difference is that the woman's power is unearned, whereas the man's power was earned. At least for the most part. I know women can watch their weight, workout and be more attractive that way but attractiveness is largely genetic. Sex (gender) is obviously pre-defined.

I think that is why society always looked down on women like that, because really it is them that lack the control. The man is in control, he gained the power to get the sex. That is understandable. The woman is taking unearned power in trade for sex. How can you say there's a victim??

Sex is a transaction like any other. One offers something in exchange for something. I don't know why we can't get past these antiquated ideas that something as natural as sex (you wouldn't be here without it) has to be so foulking politicized. It's just two body parts rubbing together after all!!

phill4paul
02-27-2018, 03:40 PM
From what I understood in the Secret Service agents "tell all" book, which I take for what it is, she was a major pain the the ass. All the interference they had to run for here and Bill trying to sneak away for clandestine meetings. Personally I'd have guided Hillary right to him during one of his trysts. Now THAT would have been a sight to remember!

Swordsmyth
02-27-2018, 03:56 PM
From what I understood in the Secret Service agents "tell all" book, which I take for what it is, she was a major pain the the ass. All the interference they had to run for here and Bill trying to sneak away for clandestine meetings. Personally I'd have guided Hillary right to him during one of his trysts. Now THAT would have been a sight to remember!

What makes you think she would have cared?

timosman
02-27-2018, 03:57 PM

Or didn't know.:cool:

phill4paul
02-27-2018, 04:05 PM

Or didn't know.:cool:

I'm sure she knew. It wasn't like Monica was the first diddle. But, if she had walked in on it....I don't know. We've all seen her bitch face. If she hadn't sanctioned it then I'm sure it would have been a hoot.

specsaregood
02-27-2018, 04:11 PM
I'm sure she knew. It wasn't like Monica was the first diddle. But, if she had walked in on it....I don't know. We've all seen her bitch face. If she hadn't sanctioned it then I'm sure it would have been a hoot.
Or it might have doubled Monica's workload without a commensurate rate in pay.

TheTexan
02-27-2018, 06:38 PM
I still can't believe a President of the United States would do such a thing.

You'd think he could do better than her.

Raginfridus
02-27-2018, 06:42 PM
Is this the 20th anniversary, is that why this matters?

Brian4Liberty
02-27-2018, 06:45 PM
How can you say there's a victim??

There's the key question. Why so many "victims"? Who benefits from making everyone a "victim"?

#MeToo has convinced Lewenski that she is a victim of a "power imbalance". Next it will be "sexual harassment". And in the end it will essentially be called a rape (or a statutory rape when they change the age of consent).

Brian4Liberty
02-27-2018, 06:46 PM
Is this the 20th anniversary, is that why this matters?

#MeToo, men are evil, vote Democrat, etc...

acptulsa
02-27-2018, 07:11 PM

Near as I could tell, it was the media that terrorized her. Just like Princess Diana.

Oh, and Ken Starr, who got his share of the forty million he squandered.

As for Slick Willie's Willie, to that she could have just said no. It's men who don't take no for an answer who are abusing some kind of power.

enhanced_deficit
02-27-2018, 07:19 PM
Many years have gone by but Monica L. is still quite the headline maker.

Stormy Daniels Has a ‘Monica Lewinsky Dress’ from Alleged Donald Trump Affair, Will Test It for DNA

Published February 15, 2018 By Mike Walters,Gary Trock

https://i2.wp.com/theblast.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/02/0214_Stormy-Daniels-Dress-WM-Bugged_2.jpg?fit=1024%2C768&ssl=1 Stormy Daniels (https://theblast.com/tag/stormy-daniels/) pulled a Monica Lewinsky and held on to the dress she wore to an alleged hotel rendezvous with President Donald Trump, and now we are told she’s going to get it tested for DNA to back up her story.
Sources close to Daniels tell The Blast the shimmering gold mini dress with a plunging neckline was kept in pristine condition after her alleged 2006 sexual encounter with Trump at the Lake Tahoe hotel suite.
We’re told Daniels is planning on having the dress forensically tested to search for any DNA that proves she isn’t lying about her tryst with Trump, including samples of skin, hair or … anything.
As we previously reported, Daniels has notified Trump’s legal team (http://theblast.com/stormy-daniels-donald-trump-agreement-michael-cohen-breach/) that she believes a 2016 agreement has been breached between her and attorney Michael Cohen and now she is free and clear to spill all the juicy details about the infamous night.

https://theblast.com/stormy-daniels-dress-donald-trump-dna/

Related

Donald Trump, a Playboy Model, and a System for Concealing Infidelity (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?519461-Donald-Trump-a-Playboy-Model-and-a-System-for-Concealing-Infidelity&)

The interactions that McDougal outlines in the document share striking similarities with the stories of other women who claim to have had sexual relationships with Trump, or who have accused him of propositioning them for sex or sexually harassing them. McDougal describes their affair as entirely consensual. But her account provides a detailed look at how Trump and his allies used clandestine hotel-room meetings, payoffs, and complex legal agreements to keep affairs—sometimes multiple affairs he carried out simultaneously—out of the press.

On November 4, 2016, four days before the election, the Wall Street Journal reported that American Media, Inc., the publisher of the National Enquirer, had paid a hundred and fifty thousand dollars for exclusive rights to McDougal’s story, which it never ran. Purchasing a story in order to bury it is a practice that many in the tabloid industry call “catch and kill.” This is a favorite tactic of the C.E.O. and chairman of A.M.I., David Pecker, who describes the President as “a personal friend.” As part of the agreement, A.M.I. consented to publish a regular aging-and-fitness column by McDougal. After Trump won the Presidency, however, A.M.I.’s promises largely went unfulfilled, according to McDougal. Last month, the Journal reported that Trump’s personal lawyer had negotiated a separate agreement just before the election with an adult-film actress named Stephanie Clifford, whose screen name is Stormy Daniels, which barred her from discussing her own affair with Trump. Since then, A.M.I. has repeatedly approached McDougal about extending her contract.
https://www.newyorker.com/news/news-desk/donald-trump-a-playboy-model-and-a-system-for-concealing-infidelity-national-enquirer-karen-mcdougal

lilymc
02-27-2018, 07:55 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong, but it seems to me she has been mostly silent about it for a number of years. And now all of a sudden that this #metoo movement is popular, she decided to jump on the bandwagon? Lame. She should have spoken up a long time ago.

Also, where were all the liberal Democrats when the long list of women Bubba sexually harassed came out… most of them subjecting themselves to character assassination (at best), and at worst, other, far worse consequences for speaking out. Where were the liberal feminists and celebrities when Juanita Broaddrick spoke out about being raped? Of course they were nowhere to be found, because they liked the Clintons. That made me lose any little bit of respect I had for them.

The Northbreather
02-27-2018, 09:17 PM
Who’s “the leader of the #metoo movement” ?

The Northbreather
02-27-2018, 09:31 PM
It was gross

TheTexan
02-27-2018, 10:19 PM
Bill Clinton basically raped the entire country with his appalling behavior

#MeToo

Raginfridus
02-28-2018, 08:02 AM
Correct me if I'm wrong, but it seems to me she has been mostly silent about it for a number of years. And now all of a sudden that this #metoo movement is popular, she decided to jump on the bandwagon? Lame. She should have spoken up a long time ago.Absolutely, there's a window sluts like Lewinski and Daniels must report between or they are lame bandwagoneers.

lilymc
02-28-2018, 03:50 PM
Absolutely, there's a window sluts like Lewinski and Daniels must report between or they are lame bandwagoneers.

That’s not what I said or meant, quit trolling.

Raginfridus
02-28-2018, 04:14 PM

What did you mean?

dannno
02-28-2018, 05:04 PM

I think he was being serious :confused:

Jan2017
02-28-2018, 05:48 PM
Huh . . . #MeToo welcomes the PTSD suffrerer who gave hummers in the Oval Office . . . who'd a thought dat possible even ?

Jan2017
02-28-2018, 05:54 PM

Abuse of power by the President of these United States . . . huh, who'd have thought that even possible ?

Jan2017
02-28-2018, 06:56 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j4XT-l-_3y0

lilymc
03-03-2018, 03:53 PM
What did you mean?

First of all, I never called her a slut, so please don't put words in my mouth. That is not what I think about her. Secondly, I never claimed there is a specific window of time that someone must report a crime for it to be true. Everything should be taken on a case-by-case basis.

She had many years to speak out against Mr. Slick, but she chose to stay silent. Why? This is just my opinion (and I could be wrong) but it seems to me she chose to stay silent in part for political reasons, since bill clinton was someone she once admired, even though truth should have been the most important thing. That is what I meant when I said "lame" – staying silent for political reasons (if that indeed was her reason) but then later speaking out when it became popular to do so.

She also might've stayed silent simply due to fear, caving in to intimidation and threats. Lewinsky is quoted as saying "I wouldn't cross these people for fear of my life." and “I don't want to wind up like Caity Mahoney.” (Former White House intern who was murdered, and is currently on the Clinton body count list.)

Superfluous Man
03-03-2018, 04:18 PM
This way of looking at it doesn't fit too well with her boasts prior to moving to Washington that she was going to get her presidential knee pads.