PDA

View Full Version : Trump says he would have run into Florida school without a weapon

Pages : [1] 2

Zippyjuan
02-26-2018, 07:22 PM
https://www.cnn.com/2018/02/26/politics/donald-trump-guns/index.html

Donald Trump has spent most of his adult life telling himself a story about a brave, ruthless and fearsome man named "Donald Trump."

The latest example: His pledge that had he been outside Stoneman Douglas High School 12 days ago, he would have rushed in to stop the shooter, who murdered 17 people.

"You don't know until you test it, but I think, I really believe I'd run in there, even if I didn't have a weapon, and I think most of the people in this room would have done that too," Trump said at a meeting of the nation's governors in Washington on Monday.

Obviously, as Trump says, "you don't know until you test it." As in: None of us can know whether, put in a situation like security guard Scot Peterson during the shooting spree earlier this week, we would have rushed into the building to try to save lives. Peterson remained outside school for several minutes, and inside the shooter fired and fired. (Referring to Peterson and other Broward County Sheriff's deputies, the President said they "weren't exactly Medal of Honor winners," adding: "The way they performed was really a disgrace.")

But even as the President is acknowledging you can't ever know how you would react in a situation like the one in Parkland, Trump is also making the case that he knows that he would have rushed in -- armed or not! -- to save kids' lives.

The truth is we have no idea how Trump would have reacted. But, as his critics were quick to point out, his past comments on his tolerance for blood would not immediately suggest he would be someone sprinting into an active shooter situation.

In a 2008 interview with radio host Howard Stern, Trump recounted this story:

"So what happens is, this guy falls off right on his face, hits his head, and I thought he died. And you know what I did? I said, 'Oh my God, that's disgusting,' and I turned away," said Trump. "I couldn't, you know, he was right in front of me and I turned away. I didn't want to touch him ... he's bleeding all over the place, I felt terrible. You know, beautiful marble floor, didn't look like it. It changed color. Became very red. And you have this poor guy, 80 years old, laying on the floor unconscious, and all the rich people are turning away. 'Oh my God! This is terrible! This is disgusting!' and you know, they're turning away. Nobody wants to help the guy. His wife is screaming—she's sitting right next to him, and she's screaming."

In that same interview, Trump was even more succinct: "I'm not good for medical. In other words, if you cut your finger and there's blood pouring out, I'm gone."

Of course, a distaste for blood is not the same thing as a willingness or unwillingness to run into a dangerous situation.

Swordsmyth
02-26-2018, 07:27 PM
https://www.cnn.com/2018/02/26/politics/donald-trump-guns/index.html

This article is a waste of electrons

fedupinmo
02-26-2018, 07:28 PM
CNN is just a fount of truth, isn't it?

http://media-cache-ec0.pinimg.com/736x/80/73/b7/8073b7283950ac412e05e229e770872b.jpg

Zippyjuan
02-26-2018, 07:34 PM
Fox News reported it as well.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2018/02/26/trump-rips-broward-deputies-for-disgusting-inaction-during-shooting-says-id-run-in-there.html

President Trump on Monday slammed the “disgusting” law enforcement officers who failed to rush into the Florida high school earlier this month as a gunman slaughtered students and teachers inside, claiming he would have entered the school himself even without a firearm to stop the attacker.

“You don't know until you test it,” Trump said during a meeting with governors. “But I really believe I’d run in there even if I didn't have a weapon.”

He added: “I think most of the people in this room would have done that too because I know most of you.”

Speaking of the deputies who stayed outside, Trump said: “The way they performed was really a disgrace.”

Swordsmyth
02-26-2018, 07:38 PM
Fox News reported it as well.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2018/02/26/trump-rips-broward-deputies-for-disgusting-inaction-during-shooting-says-id-run-in-there.html

Faux News is wasting electrons too.

Trump like any red blooded man would like to think that if he was assigned to guard the school he would actually do the job, SO WHAT?

Zippyjuan
02-26-2018, 07:39 PM
Faux News is wasting electrons too.

Trump like any red blooded man would like to think that if he was assigned to guard the school he would actually do the job, SO WHAT?

He does play a tough guy on TV.

Swordsmyth
02-26-2018, 07:40 PM
He does play a tough guy on TV.

That's news?

enhanced_deficit
02-26-2018, 08:41 PM
This may again prove he puts America first. He did not run into Nam war when he had the option to carry guns and was much younger.

That said, Iraq war hero Senator Tammy Duckworth should not have called him CBS:

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/tammy-duckworth-trump-cadet-bone-spurs_us_5a7913cbe4b00f94fe944690

Swordsmyth
02-26-2018, 08:45 PM
This may again prove he puts America first. He did not run into Nam war when he had the option to carry guns and was much younger.
Anyone who could get out of going to Nam is just fine in my book even if you assume the bone spurs were a lie, would you have preferred that he kill for the empire?

In any case it is totally irrelevant to whether or not he would have done his job if he was the school guard.

You can't call him a hypocrite until he calls for a draft.

phill4paul
02-27-2018, 07:45 AM
Well, c'mon, if you had 20 Secret Service agents wouldn't you too?

donnay
02-27-2018, 08:06 AM
In 1991, Trump stopped a mugging of a man who was being beaten with a baseball bat on his way to a concert.

dannno
02-27-2018, 09:50 AM
In 1991, Trump stopped a mugging of a man who was being beaten with a baseball bat on his way to a concert.

Trump is a much better person than the mainstream media lets on.

Jan2017
02-27-2018, 09:56 AM
Trump would have run into the school without or with a weapon -
kids may be reassured of their safety since some teachers won't have weapons, some will. Know your teachers kids.
President Trump would run from DC if he could in time to save ya'

Bullsh!t from the cowards that wouldn't run inside to pull kids out of harm - man the observation post while eating donuts on the donut patrol.

donnay
02-27-2018, 10:01 AM

Of course he is. If he weren't the media would be silent.

acptulsa
02-27-2018, 10:04 AM

Of course he is. If he weren't the media would be silent.

So, the media turned Ron Paul into He Who Must Not Be Named because he's not a good person?

nikcers
02-27-2018, 10:16 AM
So, the media turned Ron Paul into He Who Must Not Be Named because he's not a good person?
This is why we need to just start our own party, we should call it the tea party. They want to declare the tea party dead, I am not dead yet.

donnay
02-27-2018, 10:17 AM

Yeah and how did that turn out for them?

dannno
02-27-2018, 11:15 AM
So, the media turned Ron Paul into He Who Must Not Be Named

That was just the best strategy that they could realistically implement. That is not a realistic strategy to implement with somebody like Trump, where you have media outlets clamoring over each other to report the latest tweet or whatever.

donnay
02-27-2018, 11:24 AM
That was just the best strategy that they could realistically implement. That is not a realistic strategy to implement with somebody like Trump, where you have media outlets clamoring over each other to report the latest tweet or whatever.

Dr. Paul was a gentlemen and statesmen and he never came back hitting hard. Trump is born and raise in NY with lots of street smarts and he comes back swinging.

Ender
02-27-2018, 12:02 PM

If Trump was a danger to The Establishment, those tweets would never be mentioned.

In the world of PR, there is NO SUCH THING as bad publicity. All publicity works, whether seen as good or bad. The ONLY way that Ron Paul could be shoved down the rabbit-hole was to ignore the fact that he existed.

Trump is a great playing card for TPTB and MSM because his antics keep people divided and at each other's throats. That gives the Man Behind the Curtain full reign.

This, combined with Trump's ego & spoiled brat mentality, keeps the circuses running, the Wot & WoD in full glory, and the country's continual slide into pure hell, while everybody argues about Trump/Muslims/immigration/guns/you-name-it.

And Freedom & Liberty are now Subjects That Shall Not Be Named.

timosman
02-27-2018, 12:05 PM
If Trump was a danger to The Establishment, those tweets would never be mentioned.

In the world of PR, there is NO SUCH THING as bad publicity.

What about useful idiots? Do they exist? ;)

Ender
02-27-2018, 12:06 PM
What about useful idiots? Do they exist? ;)

Just read the forum, pal. ;)

dannno
02-27-2018, 12:11 PM

In the world of PR, there is NO SUCH THING as bad publicity. All publicity works, whether seen as good or bad. The ONLY way that Ron Paul could be shoved down the rabbit-hole was to ignore the fact that he existed.

Trump is a great playing card for TPTB and MSM because his antics keep people divided and at each other's throats. That gives the Man Behind the Curtain full reign.

This, combined with Trump's ego & spoiled brat mentality, keeps the circuses running, the Wot & WoD in full glory, and the country's continual slide into pure hell, while everybody argues about Trump/Muslims/immigration/guns/you-name-it.

And Freedom & Liberty are now Subjects That Shall Not Be Named.

I'm all for conspiracy theories, but I don't think they have as much control as you think. Ordering the 5 major media channels to black out someone who isn't going to promote their bottom line is easy.. but ordering them not to report on someone like Trump is impossible. Especially now that there are a lot more prominent media outlets that don't include CNN, NBC, CBS, Fox, Politico. I'll bet they would have a much harder time pulling off something like 9/11 today for similar reasons.

So sure, they could have tried to black out Trump, but it wouldn't have worked very well and the media outlets that actually blacked him out would have been hurt significantly from a financial standpoint. So they had to choose a different tactic, which was bombarding him with the most egregious, lying, outlandish negative press they could possibly muster.

Ender
02-27-2018, 12:16 PM
I'm all for conspiracy theories, but I don't think they have as much control as you think. Ordering the 5 major media channels to black out someone who isn't going to promote their bottom line is easy.. but ordering them not to report on someone like Trump is impossible. Especially now that there are a lot more prominent media outlets that don't include CNN, NBC, CBS, Fox, Politico.

So sure, they could have tried to black out Trump, but it wouldn't have worked very well and the media outlets that actually blacked him out would have been hurt significantly from a financial standpoint. So they had to choose a different tactic, which was bombarding him with the most egregious, lying, outlandish negative press they could possibly muster.

Which just proves my point. HE GOT ELECTED and everyone can have a field day & push whatever agenda they want.

There is no such thing as BAD PRESS.

Pushing the idea that MSM is all fake news for stuff you hate and then say they are not controlled, for stuff you agree with, shows how beautifully it has all worked.

donnay
02-27-2018, 12:32 PM
Which just proves my point. HE GOT ELECTED and everyone can have a field day & push whatever agenda they want.

Pushing the idea that MSM is all fake news for stuff you hate and then say they are not controlled, for stuff you agree with, shows how beautifully it has all worked.

Just one thing: Why is the DNC, leftist politicians and Hillary Clinton freaked out that they lost? <----Rhetorical question.

The elections are rigged, there is no doubt in my mind, however, there are good people inside government and they flip the switch and pulled the rug out from under this corrupt bunch and they are still in shock. That is why they are making the most noise, to divert the attention elsewhere. That elsewhere is bombarding Trump from every facet to stop him from moving forward in giving back the country to the people.

If you looked closely enough, you will see that there is a shadow government doing their damnedest to stop individuals from having any liberty in any way they can.

This corruption didn't happen overnight and no one single person can reverse it overnight. But the country is so divided by petty BS that they cannot see past the own cynicism and Monday morning quarterbacking.

Ender
02-27-2018, 12:37 PM
Just one thing: Why is the DNC, leftist politicians and Hillary Clinton freaked out that they lost? <----Rhetorical question.

The elections are rigged, there is no doubt in my mind, however, there are good people inside government and they flip the switch and pulled the rug out from under this corrupt bunch and they are still in shock. That is why they are making the most noise, to divert the attention elsewhere. That elsewhere is bombarding Trump from every facet to stop him from moving forward in giving back the country to the people.

If you looked closely enough, you will see that there is a shadow government doing their damnedest to stop individuals from having any liberty in any way they can.

This corruption didn't happen overnight and no one single person can reverse it overnight. But the country is so divided by petty BS that they cannot see past the own cynicism and Monday morning quarterbacking.

Oh, I agree- I just see no difference in the parties. Just different buzz words to make themselves look good.

donnay
02-27-2018, 12:43 PM
Oh, I agree- I just see no difference in the parties. Just different buzz words to make themselves look good.

While I agree the likes of Lindsey and McCain are Traitors, I think we can see some good ones like Rand, Massey and others. I lean more towards Republican because they are not as insane as Democrats. Mid-term election can help us get more liberty-minded people instead of all this BS fighting and nit-picking I am seeing of late.

The name calling of the Orange one, etc...it gets very tiresome. Plus it is not doing a damn thing to help push Liberty forward.

timosman
02-27-2018, 12:44 PM

You can also flaunt your ingenuity in everybody's faces. :cool:

Zippyjuan
02-27-2018, 01:46 PM

Maybe. He does like to tell stories and exaggerate things. From the New York Daily News:

http://truthfeed.com/flashback-that-time-trump-heroically-stopped-a-mugger/5909/

Trump was at first reluctant to discuss his daredevil deed, but then he warmed to the task.

“The guy with the bat looked at me, and I said, “Look, you’ve gotta stop this. Put down the bat,”‘ Trump said. “I guess he recognized me because he said, ‘Mr. Trump, I didn’t do anything wrong.’ I said, ‘How could you not do anything wrong when you’re whacking a guy with a bat?’ Then he ran away.”

Trump said the incident occurred at 8 p.m. as he, Maples and another couple were heading toward the Lincoln Tunnel on their way to the Meadowlands in New Jersey for a Paula Abdul concert.

Kathleen Romeo, a 16-year-old student at St. Michael’s Academy in Manhattan, said cries of “There’s Trump!” went through the crowd of onlookers when the erstwhile deal maker emerged from his limousine in front of a Smiler’s deli.

“A lot of people were surprised that he got out to see what was happening,” Romeo said, adding that the bat-wielder ran off just before Trump actually appeared, and that Trump, “just looked around and went back into his limo.”

A Midtown North Precinct spokeswoman said the attack was not reported to police.

PierzStyx
02-27-2018, 02:07 PM

https://static.independent.co.uk/s3fs-public/styles/article_small/public/thumbnails/image/2017/01/31/12/nawar-al-aklawi.jpg

In a hideous symbol of the bipartisan continuity of U.S. barbarism, Nasser al-Awlaki just lost another one of his young grandchildren to U.S. violence. On Sunday, the Navy’s SEAL Team 6, using armed Reaper drones for cover, carried out a commando raid on what it said was a compound harboring officials of al Qaeda in the Arabian Peninsula. A statement issued by President Trump lamented the death of an American service member and several others who were wounded, but made no mention of any civilian deaths. U.S. military officials initially denied any civilian deaths, and (therefore) the CNN report on the raid said nothing about any civilians being killed.

But reports from Yemen quickly surfaced that 30 people were killed, including 10 women and children. Among the dead: the 8-year-old granddaughter of Nasser al-Awlaki, Nawar, who was also the daughter of Anwar Awlaki.

...[T]he girl “was shot in the neck and killed,” bleeding to death over the course of two hours. “Why kill children?” the grandfather asked.

https://theintercept.com/2017/01/30/obama-killed-a-16-year-old-american-in-yemen-trump-just-killed-his-8-year-old-sister/

Yep, the man who orders the murder of children and innocent people is a real SWELL guy.

You sound just like those idiots who apologized for Obombya because he passed the ACA.

I guess we know the price of your soul, too- a single corporate tax cut.

Sad.

The Rebel Poet
02-27-2018, 02:10 PM
While I agree the likes of Lindsey and McCain are Traitors, I think we can see some good ones like Rand, Massey and others. I lean more towards Republican because they are not as insane as Democrats. Mid-term election can help us get more liberty-minded people instead of all this BS fighting and nit-picking I am seeing of late.

The name calling of the Orange one, etc...it gets very tiresome. Plus it is not doing a damn thing to help push Liberty forward.
The problem is that the deep state is using Fuckface von Clownstick V a.k.a. Orangebama as a way to herd people. Look at all the people on this site alone who are redefining libertarianism and conservatism to fit Drumpf's big-government policies, and you will see how the msm et al are being enabled to move the overton window. Remember how before Bush most conservatives were against needless spending and wars? Bush enabled the whole herd to move leftward. Well now it's libertarians and paleocons that are getting comfortable with such atrocities. So, yes, giving ZERO quarter to the enemy is important here and now. If we go soft on Trump, we have lost.

PierzStyx
02-27-2018, 02:12 PM

It does more than you licking the boots of your oppressors does. But he is a very good Massa and yous a very good servant, ain't you? Yous love Cheeto Mussolini!

Keep on imaging elections are going to change things. We're going to elect liberty-minded people just like last election, and the election before that, and the election before that and the one before that! Why if history proves anything it is all that you need to do is VOTE HARDER! and we will WIN!

http://www.thehypertexts.com/images/Trump-Mussolini-Il-Duce-Ill-Douche.jpg

Brian4Liberty
02-27-2018, 02:13 PM
That's news?

Trump says or Tweets something inconsequential (and usually stupid), and it can be blown up for a day or two to distract from other things. Deep state collusion between Obama, Hillary, international operatives and activists at various government agencies is almost swept under the rug.

dannno
02-27-2018, 02:15 PM
The problem is that the deep state is using Fuckface von Clownstick V a.k.a. Orangebama as a way to herd people. Look at all the people on this site alone who are redefining libertarianism and conservatism to fit Drumpf's big-government policies, and you will see how the msm et al are being enabled to move the overton window. Remember how before Bush most conservatives were against needless spending and wars? Bush enabled the whole herd to move leftward. Well now it's libertarians and paleocons that are getting comfortable with such atrocities. So, yes, giving ZERO quarter to the enemy is important here and now. If we go soft on Trump, we have lost.

Nobody has ever said Trump was libertarian, just that his policies often overlap, his policies will lead to greater ability to gain freedom in the future (by not bringing in people who favor big government at double the rate as the current citizens) and there is good reason to hope that he will curtail our foreign policy rather than expand it by the end of his term.

The Rebel Poet
02-27-2018, 02:17 PM

Pushing the idea that MSM is all fake news for stuff you hate and then say they are not controlled, for stuff you agree with, shows how beautifully it has all worked.You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Ender again.

Seriously, everyone read this line again:

The Rebel Poet
02-27-2018, 02:23 PM
e.g.

Nobody has ever said Trump was libertarian, just that his policies often overlap, his policies will lead to greater ability to gain freedom in the future (by not bringing in people who favor big government at double the rate as the current citizens) and there is good reason to hope that he will curtail our foreign policy rather than expand it by the end of his term.
Thank you for the illustration. A real example is always more appreciable than any explanation could be.

acptulsa
02-27-2018, 02:38 PM
Yeah and how did that turn out for them?

As I recall, it worked like a charm for them. McCain lost, and Romney lost, general elections that the polls said Ron Paul would have won.

What's not to like, from their point of view? And how does any of this explain why they didn't talk about that good man?

You think the amount of revenue they get from their corporate sponsors is more dependent on their ratings than their willingness to toe the line?

Seriously?

Now that's funny.

Dude. No corporation pays somebody to speak against what they consider their interests to be. No matter how many people watch their commercials. And nobody goes into the journalism business to get rich. Real journalism is too expensive. They might go into the propaganda business to get rich, but not the journalism business.

dannno
02-27-2018, 02:47 PM
You think the amount of revenue they get from their corporate sponsors is more dependent on their ratings than their willingness to toe the line?

Seriously?

Now that's funny.

It's a balance, and they have competitors.

acptulsa
02-27-2018, 02:56 PM
It's a balance, and they have competitors.

It's a balance? No. Corporations say, 'Do they piss us off?' And if the answer is no, then they might decide to look at the ratings before they decide which to advertise with--or they might decide to pay them all, as Boeing does with the networks on Sunday mornings. I actually watch that crap, and I'm here to tell you, on any given week This Week With or Without George Stephanopolous, Faux News Sunday, Bleats the Press and Faze the Nation all run the exact same commercials. Pay attention some time and you'll see the same. What competition? The same defense companies, phamaceutical companies and oil companies pay them all. They might pay this one more than that one depending on ratings, I don't know. But they do not pay anyone who is off message. Ever.

They can and will ignore whomever they are told to ignore. They can. They will. They can't afford not to. Whether he has orange hair or not.

Competitors? Do those internet sites being suppressed by Google's logarithms constitute actual competition for network television? Seriously?

Whatcha smokin' toady, dannno...? :toady:

dannno
02-27-2018, 02:59 PM
It's a balance? No. Corporations say, 'Do they piss us off?' And if the answer is no, then they might decide to look at the ratings before they decide which to advertise with--or they might decide to pay them all, as Boeing does with the networks on Sunday mornings. I actually watch that crap, and I'm here to tell you, on any given week This Week With or Without George Stephanopolous, Fox News Sunday, Bleats the Press and Faze the Nation all run the exact same commercials. Pay attention some time and you'll see the same.

Competitors? Do those internet sites being suppressed by Google's logarithms constitute actual competition for network television? Seriously?

Whatcha smokin' toady, dannno...?

Not saying you're completely wrong, just that they don't have complete control 100% of the time. Ben Swann was on the air for a long time. Eventually they railroaded him and now he is sponsored by a cryptocurrency, but if they had perfect control he would have been off the air after one episode.

So ya.. telling the stations they couldn't run stories about Trump would not have worked at all.

Slave Mentality
02-27-2018, 04:01 PM
It's a balance? No. Corporations say, 'Do they piss us off?' And if the answer is no, then they might decide to look at the ratings before they decide which to advertise with--or they might decide to pay them all, as Boeing does with the networks on Sunday mornings. I actually watch that crap, and I'm here to tell you, on any given week This Week With or Without George Stephanopolous, Faux News Sunday, Bleats the Press and Faze the Nation all run the exact same commercials. Pay attention some time and you'll see the same. What competition? The same defense companies, phamaceutical companies and oil companies pay them all. They might pay this one more than that one depending on ratings, I don't know. But they do not pay anyone who is off message. Ever.

They can and will ignore whomever they are told to ignore. They can. They will. They can't afford not to. Whether he has orange hair or not.

Whatcha smokin' toady, dannno...? :toady:\

I miss your Sunday Morning Propaganda recaps dude...

donnay
02-27-2018, 04:41 PM
As I recall, it worked like a charm for them. McCain lost, and Romney lost, general elections that the polls said Ron Paul would have won.

What's not to like, from their point of view? And how does any of this explain why they didn't talk about that good man?

They figured by ignoring the good man, he would eventually go away and his followers too. It backfired om them.

acptulsa
02-27-2018, 04:45 PM
They figured by ignoring the good man, he would eventually go away and his followers too. It backfired om them.

So if they ignore the good ones, and only talk smack about the good ones...

No, I don't get it. You're going to have to Trumpsplain this one to me.

I obviously also need help understanding how it backfired on them. Did I sleep through a Paul Administration? Was he the 44 1/2th president?

donnay
02-27-2018, 05:14 PM
So if they ignore the good ones, and only talk smack about the good ones...

No, I don't get it. You're going to have to Trumpsplain this one to me.

I obviously also need help understanding how it backfired on them. Did I sleep through a Paul Administration? Was he the 44 1/2th president?

No you didn't sleep through a Ron Paul administration his run was to educate people. The controlled MSM figured if they ignored him, no one would notice him, being the point. But that backfired on them, because of us!

Like I said the corruption in this country did not happen overnight. Even Dr. Paul had no illusions of that. However his platform woke up a lot of people--contrary to some bitter pills in this forum. Those ideas are still around, they haven't gone away. Less people on food stamps. Tax cuts. Pulled out of the Paris Accords...

acptulsa
02-27-2018, 06:01 PM
We're not connecting, somehow.

Do they ignore the good ones, or do they talk about the good ones and give them free publicity?

dannno
02-27-2018, 06:05 PM

Do they ignore the good ones, or do they talk about the good ones and give them free publicity?

It depends, I explained how their circumstances changed the way that they had to react almost a page ago and you pretended not to understand.

kpitcher
02-27-2018, 06:29 PM

I just saw that article posted on FB. There were two witnesses to this. 1, who gave a name, said the guy had ran off just before trump showed up. Another, asked to not be named, said he left once trump shouted at him.

https://i.redd.it/45l1nkm3nmi01.png

Makes me wonder if the other witness was that fake PR person trump would use when he would personally call in to radio shows and talk about Trump.

acptulsa
02-27-2018, 06:29 PM
It depends, I explained how their circumstances changed the way that they had to react almost a page ago and you pretended not to understand.

Oh. So in the same way Trump himself can be a warmonger in front of one audience and opposed to adventurism and imperialism in front of another audience, his supporters can be of the belief good men can and will be ignored if they are Pauls and cannot and will not be ignored if they are Trumps.

Now do I understand?

dannno
02-27-2018, 06:31 PM
I just saw that article posted on FB. There were two witnesses to this. 1, who gave a name, said the guy had ran off just before trump showed up. Another, asked to not be named, said he left once trump shouted at him.

https://i.redditmedia.com/rnQY5fwCM-niuJHcLmlfk68OgIIbY5JGi0KxLVGbr94.png?w=863&

Was it a real name? Sometimes I think CPUd has a time masheen.

dannno
02-27-2018, 06:32 PM
Oh. So in the same way Trump himself can be a warmonger in front of one audience and opposed to adventurism and imperialism in front of another audience, his supporters can be of the belief good men can and will be ignored if they are Pauls and cannot and will not be ignored if they are Trumps.

Now do I understand?

No, it's that both of them are enemies of the deep state and one has a different public persona that has to be dealt with in a different manner.

acptulsa
02-27-2018, 06:32 PM
Was it a real name? Sometimes I think CPUd has a time masheen.

Yeah, I thought I understood all along.

No, it's that both of them are enemies of the deep state and one has a different public personal that has to be dealt with in a different manner.

Ah, it's those public personals. Those oxymorons will get you every time.

And if no one points a camera or a microphone at a public personal, is it public or is it personal?

Edit: I'm too impatient to wait for you to look up personae in the dictionary. Out with it. If no one points a camera at a person's persona, is it a public persona or a private persona?

acptulsa
02-27-2018, 06:49 PM
No you didn't sleep through a Ron Paul administration his run was to educate people.

Where's the joy in that, when the very people who thought themselves the educators then turned around and fell for the age old trick of the media pretending to hate the candidate who gets all the free publicity?

And when I say age old, what I mean is they pretended to hate Nixon, they pretended to hate Ford, they pretended to hate Reagan, they pretended to hate Dole, and they pretended to hate both Dubya and his daddy.

How do Republicans keep falling for this tired old trick? Just talented? And how could libertarians possibly not know better after 2008 and 2012?

They've been doing this to Republicans for half a century. They figured this out when they failed to put their boy over during the Rockefeller v. Goldwater primary, for God's sake! They've been doing it ever since! This is Method of Modern Mind Control #11!

Educator, heal thyself. THIS IS HOW WE GET SUCKERED.

enhanced_deficit
02-27-2018, 07:07 PM
To be fair, as long it is not "locker room" talk (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wFEqVARTYkY) when grown men in the heat of moment brag to other men about bold things like grabbing this and that, our leaders in general should be trusted on their rescue stories.

Alpha male leaders say many things, every story of manly courage and grabado bravado does not have to have named witnesses and sources.

phill4paul
02-27-2018, 07:18 PM
To be fair, as long it is not "locker room" talk (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wFEqVARTYkY) when grown men in the heat of moment brag to other men about bold things like grabbing this and that, our leaders in general should be trusted on their rescue stories.

Alpha male leaders say many things, every story of manly courage and grabado bravado does not have to have named witnesses and sources.

I'd have fucking run all up in that place, going, bang!...Byyyang!!! Know what I mean? Ain't no one ever run all up in that place like I'd have done. And that little bitch killa? He'd be all, like, "dayummm!"

donnay
02-27-2018, 07:34 PM

They ignored Dr. Paul because he scared them. His ideas would wake up too many people. The problem is, they did more harm by ignoring Dr. Paul because his speeches started to resonate with the citizens.

“No force on earth can stop an idea whose time has come”
~ Victor Hugo

Donald Trump is not as stupid as some here make him out to be. His Father was a Bircher, he was raise in a home with ideas such as those Dr. Paul has. Now getting them in-motion is not going to be easy. He has lots of enemies, and the MSM is helping to set the course.

acptulsa
02-27-2018, 07:45 PM
They ignored Dr. Paul because he scared them. His ideas would wake up too many people. The problem is, they did more harm by ignoring Dr. Paul because his speeches started to resonate with the citizens.

~ Victor Hugo

Donald Trump is not as stupid as some here make him out to be. His Father was a Bircher, he was raise in a home with ideas such as those Dr. Paul has. Now getting them in-motion is not going to be easy. He has lots of enemies, and the MSM is helping to set the course.

So in other words, you have no answer for the question.

donnay
02-27-2018, 08:34 PM
So in other words, you have no answer for the question.

Let me see if I can explain this one more time. Dr. Paul was ignored because they figured if they would ignore him no one would hear his message. With Donald Trump they realize they couldn't ignore him, so they had to try to assassinate his character with hopes people would fall for it and be disgusted and not pay him any attention. Seems like it is working for some of you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=53VUs8dlUt4

acptulsa
02-27-2018, 08:46 PM
Let me see if I can explain this one more time. Dr. Paul was ignored because they figured if they would ignore him no one would hear his message. With Donald Trump they realize they couldn't ignore him, so they had to try to assassinate his character with hopes people would fall for it and be disgusted and not pay him any attention. Seems like it is working for some of you.

Let me tell you why your argument is invalid one more time. Ignoring the Doctors Paul did prevent them from being nominated, even though, as you point out yourself, they could not be ignored completely.. And they knew perfectly well giving Trump a gazillion dollars' worth of free "bad publicity" would net him the nomination, because the person they gave the most vitriol-filled "bad publicity" to has won the Republican nomination every single solitary time since 1968.

Are you going to repeat yourself again, just as though I did not say this true thing, and post another tube of a lame old Disney cartoon? Or are you going to address this valid point?

I see the same old tactics used to get a Republican nominated. I see a lot of headlines claiming he's doing things which aren't really getting done, and a lot of excuses made for that Republican for all the things that nobody's even pretending he's getting done. And just as I was doing for the eight years before him, I'm saying...

http://www.funnybeing.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/02/Hope-And-Change.jpg

Swordsmyth
02-27-2018, 10:35 PM
His Father was a Bircher

Thanks for the information, I didn't know that.

It increases the odds of the theory that he is a deep cover agent for a better (or at least less bad) faction, it also increases the odds that Q is legitimate.
It also explains The New Amercan's rose colored glasses coverage of him, they haven't been quite as generous as Dannno but they were more enthusiastic than I have been.
I still don't agree with the snails pace of reform or the compromises (particularly on foreign policy) but that one fact has made me much more optimistic for a good outcome from his Presidency.

Swordsmyth
02-27-2018, 10:39 PM
Let me tell you why your argument is invalid one more time. Ignoring the Doctors Paul did prevent them from being nominated, even though, as you point out yourself, they could not be ignored completely.. And they knew perfectly well giving Trump a gazillion dollars' worth of free "bad publicity" would net him the nomination, because the person they gave the most vitriol-filled "bad publicity" to has won the Republican nomination every single solitary time since 1968.

Are you going to repeat yourself again, just as though I did not say this true thing, and post another tube of a lame old Disney cartoon? Or are you going to address this valid point?

I see the same old tactics used to get a Republican nominated. I see a lot of headlines claiming he's doing things which aren't really getting done, and a lot of excuses made for that Republican for all the things that nobody's even pretending he's getting done. And just as I was doing for the eight years before him, I'm saying...

They wanted Trump to get the nomination to stop Rand and because they were sure Hitlery would beat him in the general, so they gave him publicity to drown Rand out of the primary and then they had to cover him once he was the nominee.

nikcers
02-27-2018, 11:00 PM
His Father was a Bircher
Start at 5 mins - John Birch Society is Jeffersonian not Wilsonian

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A4f6KyITrUU

timosman
02-27-2018, 11:04 PM
They wanted Trump to get the nomination to stop Rand and because they were sure Hitlery would beat him in the general, so they gave him publicity to drown Rand out of the primary and then they had to cover him once he was the nominee.

This will not sit well with the doom and gloom crowd.

The Rebel Poet
02-27-2018, 11:07 PM
How did it backfire if Paul lost the nomination?

~ Victor Hugo

So, if they don't ignore people, the ideas can't resonate? Is that why no one voted for Trump?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=53VUs8dlUt4
Is that the same thing they did when they tried to assassinate the character of our first libertarian president, George W. Bush by constantly calling him stupid, complaining about the Iraq war death tolls nightly, and even cooking up fake documents (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Killian_documents_controversy) to smear him?

acptulsa
02-28-2018, 06:50 AM

Oh, I see. They were covering the more evil of two non-evils. Right.

So with seventeen candidates in the race, they couldn't possibly find an actual tool to pretend to hate, or add an eighteenth candidate who was an actual tool they could pretend to hate? And they kept covering Trump with billions' of dollars of free publicity between Iowa, after Paul dropped out, and the day Trump won the nomination because...? Habit? Momentum? The news business lines up their programming months in advance and can't change up at the last minute? What?

Of all the Trumpsplainations I've ever seen, that's certainly one of them.

But still nothing has changed.

Thanks for the information, I didn't know that.

It increases the odds of the theory that he is a deep cover agent for a better (or at least less bad) faction, it also increases the odds that Q is legitimate.
It also explains The New Amercan's rose colored glasses coverage of him, they haven't been quite as generous as Dannno but they were more enthusiastic than I have been.
I still don't agree with the snails pace of reform or the compromises (particularly on foreign policy) but that one fact has made me much more optimistic for a good outcome from his Presidency.

Oh, well. Thank God your faith has been restored. What fun is tepid trollery?

I'm looking forward to your renewed enthusiasm. Clearly this guy will be getting a workout:

donnay
02-28-2018, 07:50 AM
How did it backfire if Paul lost the nomination?

Dr. Paul had no illusions that he would win the nomination nor did I. He did however wake a lot of people up to the corrupt system. A system that was rigged to make sure that the corruption would continue. Dr. Paul was our Obi-Wan Kenobi in a sense. The only way to defeat the corruption is by exposing it of which he and a lot of his supporters did.

So, if they don't ignore people, the ideas can't resonate? Is that why no one voted for Trump?

I am not sure what you are saying here? The point being is, they couldn't ignore Trump like they did Ron and Rand, to a lesser extent. By ignoring the candidates (Paul's), it just wound up giving them more popularity and they knew it. That scared the deep state.

With Donald Trump they allowed him to carry on with his campaign, knowing full well they had this election in the bag--rigged. When that backfired on them, they all freaked. So the only way to contain Trump (barring killing him) was to attack him from every facet to destroy his credibility and his character and his base.

Is that the same thing they did when they tried to assassinate the character of our first libertarian president, George W. Bush by constantly calling him stupid, complaining about the Iraq war death tolls nightly, and even cooking up fake documents (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Killian_documents_controversy) to smear him?

George W. Bush was no libertarian nor is he a conservative--he is the son of a crime family trying to continue their dynasty.. Jeb couldn't run at the time because he had a scandal brewing, so George had to go in. Marvin and Neil couldn't run either because of all their scandals which would lead a good gumshoe journalist to the family corruption. They are grooming George P. Bush to hopefully carry on the Dynasty, I suspect we will be seeing more of him in the near future.

specsaregood
02-28-2018, 08:13 AM
Donald Trump is not as stupid as some here make him out to be. His Father was a Bircher,

interesting if true.

acptulsa
02-28-2018, 08:14 AM
So the only way to contain Trump (barring killing him) was to attack him from every facet to destroy his credibility and his character and his base.

You keep repeating that like saying it over and over like a mantra will make it true.

But you still haven't told us when that has ever, ever, ever worked. You can keep saying that, but the fact remains that the MSM has attacked every single winner of the Republican presidential primary for the last fifty years. Are you seriously trying to tell us the mainstream media has never noticed this trend?

Jeb couldn't run at the time because he had a scandal brewing...

Um, Jeb did run at the time.

Raginfridus
02-28-2018, 08:14 AM
“A lot of people were surprised that he got out to see what was happening,” Romeo said, adding that the bat-wielder ran off just before Trump actually appeared, and that Trump, “just looked around and went back into his limo.”These facts conflict with my head-canon where Donald Trump saves New York.

All Trump had to do was stop the car and stare.

donnay
02-28-2018, 08:43 AM
You keep repeating that like saying it over and over like a mantra will make it true.

But you still haven't told us when that has ever, ever, ever worked. You can keep saying that, but the fact remains that the MSM has attacked every single winner of the Republican presidential primary for the last fifty years. Are you seriously trying to tell us the mainstream media has never noticed this trend?

I keep repeating it because you asked and other asked. The MSM is controlled (for the last 50 years) or haven't you figured that out?

Um, Jeb did run at the time.

Um, no... In 2000, Jeb did not run that's why Dubya did,

Don't you remember Jeb's role as Florida's governor? Do you remember his Executive Order 01-261 for Martial Law in Florida on September 7, 2001?

nikcers
02-28-2018, 08:47 AM
Trump is a puppet too, otherwise he would never of gave all of the government power to the neocons. When is he going to drain the swamp?

timosman
02-28-2018, 08:57 AM
Trump is a puppet too, otherwise he would never of gave all of the government power to the neocons. When is he going to drain the swamp?

Life sucks in general. That's why I post online. To make others aware. :cool:

nikcers
02-28-2018, 09:00 AM
Life sucks in general. That's why I post online. To make others aware. :cool:
I love this country that is why I am using what's left of my free speech before I get muted by a one world government that my fellow countrymen are welcoming with open arms because of all the free stuff it comes with.

acptulsa
02-28-2018, 09:10 AM
I keep repeating it because you asked and other asked. The MSM is controlled (for the last 50 years) or haven't you figured that out?

You keep repeating because you know I'm right when I say the MSM knows the way to get their GOP pick nominated is to pick on him. And you keep asking me if I haven't figured out stuff that I have clearly figured out is because you can't figure out how to answer my question.

Um, no... In 2000, Jeb did not run that's why Dubya did,

Don't you remember Jeb's role as Florida's governor? Do you remember his Executive Order 01-261 for Martial Law in Florida on September 7, 2001?

Why, yes, I remember Governor Bush. I remember his brewing scandal, too. It had something to do with hanging chads and his attorney general ensuring the election went in favor of his brother. How that kept him from running in place of his older brother, I have no idea.

Or was it the martial law in 2001 which kept him from running in 2000?

So do tell. Why was it a younger brother who didn't share daddy's first name and had a job that proved crucial to securing the election who was "supposed to run", as opposed to the older brother who was unemployed? Come on, dish.

Jan2017
02-28-2018, 09:23 AM
Well, well, well, . . . this thread has morphed into some interesting possibil;ities

donnay
02-28-2018, 09:31 AM
You keep repeating because you know I'm right when I say the MSM knows the way to get their GOP pick nominated is to pick on him. And you keep asking me if I haven't figured out stuff that I have clearly figured out is because you can't figure out how to answer my question.

The MSM knows because they are controlled and have a script to follow. Many of the candidates are in the pockets of the same entity that controls the MSM.

Why, yes, I remember Governor Bush. I remember his brewing scandal, too. It had something to do with hanging chads and his attorney general ensuring the election went in favor of his brother. How that kept him from running in place of his older brother, I have no idea.

Or was it the martial law in 2001 which kept him from running in 2000?

No you do not remember Jeb's scandal (Hint: Real Estate Venture) long before the 2000 election? Besides he was better left as the Governor of Florida so he could help cover-up things like he did.

CCTelander
02-28-2018, 09:34 AM

~ Victor Hugo

And Warren Buffett's father was a staunchly libertarin Republican of whom it was said that he only considered one issue when deciding whether or not to vote for a bill: "Will this add to or subtract from human liberty."

That didn't stop old Warren from becoming a totaly socialist scumbag.

acptulsa
02-28-2018, 09:36 AM
The MSM knows because they are controlled and have a script to follow. Many of the candidates are in the pockets of the same entity that controls the MSM.

No you do not remember Jeb's scandal (Hint: Real Estate Venture) long before the 2000 election? Besides he was better left as the Governor of Florida so he could help cover-up things like he did.

Two questions ducked, no questions answered.

donnay
02-28-2018, 09:44 AM
And Warren Buffett's father was a staunchly libertarin Republican of whom it was said that he only considered one issue when deciding whether or not to vote for a bill: "Will this add to or subtract from human liberty."

That didn't stop old Warren from becoming a totaly socialist scumbag.

True, very true. I guess the old adage stands; "Ye shall know them by their fruits."

donnay
02-28-2018, 09:47 AM
Two questions ducked, no questions answered.

The Art of Mental Gymnastics. Is that your next book deal?

acptulsa
02-28-2018, 09:48 AM
The Art of Mental Gymnastics. Is that your next book deal?

Finish writing it, and I'll see if I can deal with it.

The Rebel Poet
02-28-2018, 01:23 PM
George W. Bush was no libertarian nor is he a conservative--he is the son of a crime family trying to continue their dynasty.. Jeb couldn't run at the time because he had a scandal brewing, so George had to go in. Marvin and Neil couldn't run either because of all their scandals which would lead a good gumshoe journalist to the family corruption. They are grooming George P. Bush to hopefully carry on the Dynasty, I suspect we will be seeing more of him in the near future.
But you didn't answer my question. Perhaps my sarcasm made it obtuse, so I will humbly try again:
If, as you yourself said,
The MSM is controlled (for the last 50 years), and if, as you said,
So the only way to contain Trump (barring killing him) was to attack him from every facet to destroy his credibility and his character and his base., then why did
the msm attack George W. Bush from every facet to destroy his credibility and his character and his base? Why did they attack George W. Bush by constantly calling him and his supporters stupid, talking up John McCain (even after the primary), gleefully reporting the Iraq war casualty count every day and night, and even cooking up fake documents (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Killian_documents_controversy) to smear George W. Bush's character?

Superfluous Man
02-28-2018, 02:19 PM
This is ridiculous.

Some of you lemmings are so enthralled with Trump that you'll defend him against mocking for even as obvious of a ridiculous boast as this?

Do you not value your own credibility at all?

acptulsa
02-28-2018, 02:24 PM
This is ridiculous.

Some of you lemmings are so enthralled with Trump that you'll defend him against mocking for even as obvious of a ridiculous boast as this?

About the same way you value your own rocks from the surface of Jupiter.

Superfluous Man
02-28-2018, 02:27 PM
About the same way you value your own rocks from the surface of Jupiter.

I really don't value those that much. I have too much to worry about with my collection of sea shells. It's the largest in existence. I keep it scattered around the beaches of the world.

donnay
02-28-2018, 02:29 PM
But you didn't answer my question. Perhaps my sarcasm made it obtuse, so I will humbly try again:
If, as you yourself said,, and if, as you said,, then why did
the msm attack George W. Bush from every facet to destroy his credibility and his character and his base? Why did they attack George W. Bush by constantly calling him and his supporters stupid, talking up John McCain (even after the primary), gleefully reporting the Iraq war casualty count every day and night, and even cooking up fake documents (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Killian_documents_controversy) to smear George W. Bush's character?

Maybe it was factions within that wanted to discredit Bush. There is in-fighting all the time for those who want to sit at the head of the table. Let's face it, George W, is not the brightest bulb in the chandelier. Besides during his presidency, Chaney was running things, just like George H. W. was running things in Reagan's presidency.

acptulsa
02-28-2018, 02:36 PM
Maybe it was factions within that wanted to discredit Bush. There is in-fighting all the time for those who want to sit at the head of the table. Let's face it, George W, is not the brightest bulb in the chandelier. Besides during his presidency, Chaney was running things, just like George H. W. was running things in Reagan's presidency.

And the fact that they did that to every successful GOP primary candidate for the last fifty years? All MSM factions wanting to sit at the head of some table or another?

donnay
02-28-2018, 02:40 PM
And the fact that they did that to every successful GOP primary candidate for the last fifty years? All MSM factions wanting to sit at the head of some table or another?

The controlled MSM are only reading from a script they were given so they can stay at the table.

dannno
02-28-2018, 02:46 PM

They have not done anything to any GOP candidate anywhere in the realm of what they have done to Trump. They haven't done 10% of what they have done to Trump to any GOP candidate, ever.

Wow, they lied about Bush's service in the National Guard. Made it all the way into a Michael Moore movie. Big whoop. They did that to Trump 1000x over. At least once a week throughout the campaign and after he became President they were putting out lies that were at least as egregious as that.

dannno
02-28-2018, 03:35 PM
This is ridiculous.

Why is it a ridiculous boast? The football coach ran into the building, protected his students and used his body as a shield and died.

Anti Globalist
02-28-2018, 07:22 PM
Moral of the story: Never trust anybody from modern day New York to fix the country.

The Rebel Poet
02-28-2018, 10:23 PM
What if that's why they didn't want George H.W. Bush to beat Bill Clinton? What if that's why they didn't want Bob Dole to beat Bill Clinton? What if that's why they didn't want McCain to beat Obama? What if that's why they didn't want Romney to beat Obama? What if that's why they didn't want Trump to beat Hillary Clinton? What if the fact that the media talks about people negatively isn't proof that those people are on our side?

nikcers
02-28-2018, 10:33 PM
What if that's why they didn't want George H.W. Bush to beat Bill Clinton? What if that's why they didn't want Bob Dole to beat Bill Clinton? What if that's why they didn't want McCain to beat Obama? What if that's why they didn't want Romney to beat Obama? What if that's why they didn't want Trump to beat Hillary Clinton? What if the fact that the media talks about people negatively isn't proof that those people are on our side?
The whole point is when they planned all of this, this was before the democratic party imploded. Not only did they want Trump to win but they wanted it to be an outrage.

Even the staged protests they tried to do afterwards didn't get the bluster they wanted. The people didn't hate Trump for beating Hillary, in fact the opposite was true. They tried so hard to create this sentiment in the country of hate against Russia when we should all be thanking Russia, we still should get rid of Trump too, because we know that the establishment always runs on both parties, but we should at least thank Russia for sticking it to the most corrupt politician in American history.

The people don't even blame Russia for making Trump win. Lots of people are kind of happy about that much, because they think it would be rigged otherwise for Clinton to win. Thats the part that is the funniest out of all of this, they tried so hard to orchestrate all of this outrage against Russia for making Clinton lose but people are not only okay with it but they like it because they hate Clinton so much.

donnay
03-01-2018, 08:17 AM

It isn't proof of anything, but it is not about the negativity per se, this is much different. This is a pure evil coming out. Some have called for his death--how many past presidents have you heard actors/actresses, politicians and newscasters calling for his death? How many times in past history can you remember this type of vitriol towards a President and his family?

donnay
03-01-2018, 08:25 AM
The whole point is when they planned all of this, this was before the democratic party imploded. Not only did they want Trump to win but they wanted it to be an outrage.

Even the staged protests they tried to do afterwards didn't get the bluster they wanted. The people didn't hate Trump for beating Hillary, in fact the opposite was true. They tried so hard to create this sentiment in the country of hate against Russia when we should all be thanking Russia, we still should get rid of Trump too, because we know that the establishment always runs on both parties, but we should at least thank Russia for sticking it to the most corrupt politician in American history.

The people don't even blame Russia for making Trump win. Lots of people are kind of happy about that much, because they think it would be rigged otherwise for Clinton to win. Thats the part that is the funniest out of all of this, they tried so hard to orchestrate all of this outrage against Russia for making Clinton lose but people are not only okay with it but they like it because they hate Clinton so much.

So you have information that no one else has? You know the Russian's helped Trump to get elected? How interesting, because as it stands now, Hillary Clinton has more ties to the Russian's than Trump could have ever had. This diversion is nothing more than that, a diversion. I imagine if someone dug a little deeper they would see that all the horrible things that happened to the Bundy's were because of deals Hillary made with the Russians.

acptulsa
03-01-2018, 08:29 AM
It isn't proof of anything, but it is not about the negativity per se, this is much different. This is a pure evil coming out. Some have called for his death--how many past presidents have you heard actors/actresses, politicians and newscasters calling for his death? How many times in past history can you remember this type of vitriol towards a President and his family?

In my own memory, LBJ, Nixon, Carter, Reagan, Clinton (to the tune of a forty million dollar impeachment), Dubya and Obama.

And the really funny thing is, the only two who couldn't manage to piss that many people off (though people should have been that pissed at both of them) couldn't manage to get themselves reelected, either.

So you have information that no one else has? You know the Russian's helped Trump to get elected? How interesting, because as it stands now, Hillary Clinton has more ties to the Russian's than Trump could have ever had. This diversion is nothing more than that, a diversion. I imagine if someone dug a little deeper they would see that all the horrible things that happened to the Bundy's were because of deals Hillary made with the Russians.

The man said the "Russian Intervention" was engineered for the purpose of pissing people off. If you're going to snipe at what a person says, wouldn't it be polite to figure out what that person is actually saying, and then finding an excuse to pick at it?

EBounding
03-01-2018, 08:29 AM
I'm very proud of Our President for the heroic action he would have taken if he was there.

nikcers
03-01-2018, 09:07 AM
I'm very proud of Our President for the heroic action he would have taken if he was there.
The only person in the country brave enough to bring a fist to a gunfight.

CCTelander
03-01-2018, 09:26 AM
The only person in the country brave enough to bring a fist to a gunfight.

"Brave" enough?

Superfluous Man
03-01-2018, 09:53 AM
How many times in past history can you remember this type of vitriol towards a President and his family?

I hear this question asked about every president by their supporters. It never fails. It's like history for them just started the day their guy won.

donnay
03-01-2018, 09:58 AM
In my own memory, LBJ, Nixon, Carter, Reagan, Clinton (to the tune of a forty million dollar impeachment), Dubya and Obama.

And the really funny thing is, the only two who couldn't manage to piss that many people off (though people should have been that pissed at both of them) couldn't manage to get themselves reelected, either.

To your memory you remember for people outright calling for those President's death? Really?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QxAPMOii5yw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cbrQGu_RnRM

Many of the call for violence on Youtube have been shut down.

The man said the "Russian Intervention" was engineered for the purpose of pissing people off. If you're going to snipe at what a person says, wouldn't it be polite to figure out what that person is actually saying, and then finding an excuse to pick at it?

Yeah I read it just fine--except it was engineered by the DNC and the fake dossier was paid for by the Clinton Foundation.

nikcers
03-01-2018, 09:59 AM
I hear this question asked about every president by their supporters. It never fails. It's like history for them just started the day their guy won.
Trumps claim to political fame came from attacking the last president for being a secret Muslim who has a fake birth certificate.

Superfluous Man
03-01-2018, 10:00 AM
To your memory you remember for people outright calling for those President's death? Really?

You honestly don't remember people calling for the deaths of Obama and Bush?

And when it happened their supporters said the exact things you're saying about Trump, about how no president ever faced that level of vitriol before.

donnay
03-01-2018, 10:01 AM

Well then prove your points that violence of past presidents were publicly called for.

donnay
03-01-2018, 10:03 AM
You honestly don't remember people calling for the deaths of Obama and Bush?

And when it happened their supporters said the exact things you're saying about Trump, about how no president ever faced that level of vitriol before.

Politicians and celebrities did not publicly call for violence against those presidents.

Superfluous Man
03-01-2018, 10:05 AM
Well then prove your points that violence of past presidents were publicly called for.

You're really being serious?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zxjPHAg0T64

There were similar things for Bush.

People who didn't just start watching the news they minute their guy Trump got elected remember this kind of stuff.

donnay
03-01-2018, 10:08 AM
You're really being serious?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zxjPHAg0T64

There were similar things for Bush.

People who didn't just start watching the news they minute their guy Trump got elected remember this kind of stuff.

That is not a Celebrity or a Politician.

Superfluous Man
03-01-2018, 10:12 AM
Politicians and celebrities did not publicly call for violence against those presidents.

Ted Nugent did. He's a bigger celebrity than Kathy Griffin.
https://www.facebook.com/tednugent/posts/10153434665947297

donnay
03-01-2018, 10:36 AM
Ted Nugent did. He's a bigger celebrity than Kathy Griffin.
https://www.facebook.com/tednugent/posts/10153434665947297

Wow, you're using that as an example: Calling two government officials out for Treason, as death threats?

18 U.S. Code § 2381 - Treason

Whoever, owing allegiance to the United States, levies war against them or adheres to their enemies, giving them aid and comfort within the United States or elsewhere, is guilty of treason and shall suffer death, or shall be imprisoned not less than five years and fined under this title but not less than $10,000; and shall be incapable of holding any office under the United States.

(June 25, 1948, ch. 645, 62 Stat. 807; Pub. L. 103–322, title XXXIII, § 330016(2)(J), Sept. 13, 1994, 108 Stat. 2148.)

Superfluous Man
03-01-2018, 10:39 AM
Wow, you're using that as an example: Calling two government officials out for Treason, as death threats?

I never said he threatened them. He called for their deaths, the exact thing you said, and the exact thing you're complaining about people doing to Trump.

acptulsa
03-01-2018, 10:45 AM

I remember whole schoolrooms standing and cheering when Neil Bush's little friend shot Reagan.

Yeah I read it just fine--except it was engineered by the DNC and the fake dossier was paid for by the Clinton Foundation.

Proof that the DNC put that together--and without help? Or is this partisan DNC thing just a theory?

nikcers
03-01-2018, 10:45 AM
I never said he threatened them. He called for their deaths, the exact thing you said, and the exact thing you're complaining about people doing to Trump.
He is ignoring the blowback celebrities got for calling for Trumps death. Either that or he is purposely ignoring that Ron Paul isn't a Trump supporter and this is a Ron Paul website so maybe he is doing this on purpose to make people who like Ron Paul think Trump understands and wants to fight for liberty even though the opposite is true.

donnay
03-01-2018, 10:52 AM

The politicians and celebrities who were/are calling for Trump's death have nothing but hatred and vitriol. Your example proves nothing. Nugent was talking about a specific example of which he points out that Clinton and Obama should be held for treason.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JFZytEUCXu4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DPUJ73VDus8

Superfluous Man
03-01-2018, 10:59 AM
The politicians and celebrities who were/are calling for Trump's death have nothing but hatred and vitriol. Your example proves nothing. Nugent was talking about a specific example of which he points out that Clinton and Obama should be held for treason.

Are you saying Nugent didn't have hatred and vitriol? I posted this FB post because in it he said Obama and Hillary should be hung, and that's what you asked for, a post where a celebrity called for Obama's death.

Now you want vitriol. I can find plenty of other Nugent quotes about Obama, calling him a mongrel and such that are dripping with vitriol.

You just keeping changing the criteria. First it was that it was unprecedented for a president to face opposition where people called for their deaths. Then it had to be celebrities. Then it had to be vitriolic.

The truth is, there's nothing unprecedented about the kind of vitriol Trump is facing from those who oppose him, among both celebrities and non-celebrities. We who have been paying attention have seen it all before. It happens to every president. And every single time, there are supporters of that president who never in their lives cared until their guy got elected who all of a sudden start noticing these things and claiming that no other presidents faced them.

You may be surprised to learn that some presidents have actually been assassinated in office.

donnay
03-01-2018, 11:00 AM
I remember whole schoolrooms standing and cheering when Neil Bush's little friend shot Reagan.

Schoolrooms-- you mean public schoolrooms?

Proof that the DNC put that together--and without help? Or is this partisan DNC thing just a theory?

Trump-Russia dossier 'funded by Hillary Clinton’s presidential campaign and the DNC'
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-politics/trump-russia-dossier-latest-hillary-clinton-dnc-democratic-national-committee-funding-fusion-gps-a8018306.html

Revealed: How Hillary paid for notorious 'golden showers' dossier on Trump: Her campaign lawyer funded dirty tricks firm's research into his Russian links which came up with discredited claims
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5014459/Hillary-Clinton-s-campaign-paid-dirty-dossier-Trump.html#ixzz58W8Uh4zy

Democrats Embraced a Flawed Dossier—And Gave Republicans an Opening
https://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2018/02/01/russia-steele-dossier-democrats-republicans-216921

donnay
03-01-2018, 11:01 AM
He is ignoring the blowback celebrities got for calling for Trumps death. Either that or he is purposely ignoring that Ron Paul isn't a Trump supporter and this is a Ron Paul website so maybe he is doing this on purpose to make people who like Ron Paul think Trump understands and wants to fight for liberty even though the opposite is true.

Ron Paul called for the death of Trump?

nikcers
03-01-2018, 11:03 AM
Ron Paul called for the death of Trump?
No but Trump did say he would run 3rd party in 2011 if Ron Paul was the Republican nominee.

donnay
03-01-2018, 11:04 AM
Are you saying Nugent didn't have hatred and vitriol? I posted this FB post because in it he said Obama and Hillary should be hung, and that's what you asked for, a post where a celebrity called for Obama's death.

Now you want vitriol. I can find plenty of other Nugent quotes about Obama, calling him a mongrel and such that are dripping with vitriol.

You just keeping changing the criteria. First it was that it was unprecedented for a president to face opposition where people called for their deaths. Then it had to be celebrities. Then it had to be vitriolic.

The truth is, there's nothing unprecedented about the kind of vitriol Trump is facing from those who oppose him, among both celebrities and non-celebrities. We who have been paying attention have seen it all before. It happens to every president. And every single time, there are supporters of that president who never in their lives cared until their guy got elected who all of a sudden start noticing these things and claiming that no other presidents faced them.

You may be surprised to learn that some presidents have actually been assassinated in office.

LOL! Nugent has a reason as does anyone here who wants the Constitution adhered to.

It doesn't happen to every president in the way it is being done to Trump. Yeah I get president Kennedy was assassinated but prior to that there were no celebrities and politicians calling for it.

Raginfridus
03-01-2018, 11:05 AM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QxAPMOii5yw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cbrQGu_RnRM

Many of the call for violence on Youtube have been shut down.

Looks like Hannity's turned carrot too.

donnay
03-01-2018, 11:06 AM
No but Trump did say he would run 3rd party in 2011 if Ron Paul was the Republican nominee.

Uh huh, did Donald Trump call for Ron Paul's head? You point is lost in a sea of lies.

Superfluous Man
03-01-2018, 11:07 AM
LOL! Nugent has a reason as does anyone here who wants the Constitution adhered to.

It doesn't happen to every president in the way it is being done to Trump. Yeah I get president Kennedy was assassinated but prior to that there were no celebrities and politicians calling for it.

The people who hate Trump have reasons too.

You just don't agree with them. And that's all this is about. It's not that hating presidents is unprecedented. It's other people hating the one that you love and adore that is.

And everyone who wants the Constitution adhered to has reasons to hate Trump, since he doesn't want that. You're not honestly going to come into this forum and pretend you think he does, are you?

Raginfridus
03-01-2018, 11:12 AM
You're not honestly going to come in forum and pretend you think he does, are you?Trumplerinas can only pretend. It's all they have left. SMH

acptulsa
03-01-2018, 11:13 AM

You just don't agree with them. And that's all this is about. It's not that hating presidents is unprecedented. It's other people hating the one that you love and adore that is.

And everyone who wants the Constitution adhered to has reasons to hate Trump, since he doesn't want that. You're not honestly going to come in forum and pretend you think he does, are you?

She said he needs more constitutionalists around him.

Which amounts to propaganda. I don't see any evidence he has any constitutionalists around him.

nikcers
03-01-2018, 11:16 AM
Uh huh, did Donald Trump call for Ron Paul's head? You point is lost in a sea of lies.
I guess you are right, Trump has had his life threatened, no previous president has ever had his life threatened. :rolleyes:

donnay
03-01-2018, 11:21 AM

And everyone who wants the Constitution adhered to has reasons to hate Trump, since he doesn't want that. You're not honestly going to come in forum and pretend you think he does, are you?

Reason to hate someone and calling for someone's death publicly is two different things--you're candy-coating it to try and make your weak case.

I loathed Obama and for what he did to this country for 8 years, but I do not wish him harm in any way.

I detested what George W. Bush did with Iraq after 9/11. However I wished him no harm.

I absolutely despised Bill Clinton but I wished no harm to him either.

kcchiefs6465
03-01-2018, 11:22 AM
Reason to hate someone and calling for someone's death publicly is two different things--you're candy-coating it to try and make your weak case.

I loathed Obama and for what he did to this country for 8 years, but I do not wish him harm in any way.

I detested what George W. Bush did with Iraq after 9/11. However I wished him no harm.

Very Christianly of you.

Not everyone's a Christian.

donnay
03-01-2018, 11:25 AM

Which amounts to propaganda. I don't see any evidence he has any constitutionalists around him.

Why must your try to put words in my mouth? I never said that. Try again.

Superfluous Man
03-01-2018, 11:25 AM

Nugent called for Obama and Hillary's deaths publicly.

So did many other people, repeatedly, for 8 years. I only mentioned Nugent after you added the stipulation that it had to be a celebrity.

donnay
03-01-2018, 11:27 AM
Very Christianly of you.

Not everyone's a Christian.

Yeah that is quite obvious unfortunately.

acptulsa
03-01-2018, 11:28 AM

Donna, seriously, what if celebrities are upping the ante, and pushing the envelope? Seriously. Celebrities always push the envelope. That's what professional attention whores do.

Does that in any way change the fact that the media has been badmouthing the winning GOP nominees for half a century?

kcchiefs6465
03-01-2018, 11:28 AM
Needless blashpemy

nikcers
03-01-2018, 11:29 AM
Yeah but that's not important, the important part is, who said it and how much you hate the person who said it. Like if Mitt Romney said Trump is a conman that has to be a lie because Mitt Romney is a liar.

donnay
03-01-2018, 11:29 AM

So did many other people, repeatedly, for 8 years. I only mentioned Nugent after you added the stipulation that it had to be a celebrity.

FOR TREASON!!!!!!!! Do you remember your history about Julius and Ethel Rosenberg?

acptulsa
03-01-2018, 11:30 AM

Why must your try to put words in my mouth? I never said that. Try again.

Oh. Well. I'm putting words in your mouth, now.

Trump is wrong and he better get more constitutional people around him.

donnay
03-01-2018, 11:31 AM
Yeah but that's not important, the important part is, who said it and how much you hate the person who said it. Like if Mitt Romney said Trump is a conman that has to be a lie because Mitt Romney is a liar.

Nikcers go back to sleep. Your arguments are pathetic.

donnay
03-01-2018, 11:34 AM
Oh. Well. I'm putting words in your mouth, now.

Alright you have taken my words out of context from another thread. I was calling Trump out for the gun control remarks about due process.

donnay
03-01-2018, 11:36 AM
You might understand the skepticism considering the lightening bolts have yet to come.

Oh ye of little faith and people wonder why our liberty is being taken away.

nikcers
03-01-2018, 11:36 AM
Nikcers go back to sleep. Your arguments are pathetic.
Your argument that no one has a valid reason to hate Trump is pathetic. You don't even understand the country is going bankrupt because of politicians like him.

nikcers
03-01-2018, 11:37 AM
Trust but verify, faith is for god.

Superfluous Man
FOR TREASON!!!!!!!! Do you remember your history about Julius and Ethel Rosenberg?

OK? And? This makes that different from people calling for Trump's death for what they consider treason, or other things that are as bad as treason, how?

dannno

I guess it depends on how you define around him, but during certain points in his Presidency he was talking a lot with the Judge and Rand, and then there is AJ and Don Jr.

I dunno how much contact he has with these people recently.

Raginfridus
03-01-2018, 11:38 AM

http://americannewsx.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/10/mindmeld_anx.png
You're wrong, these Godly men and women here surround Trump with prayers so thick he can't see or hear. They only want what's best for our Constitution.

dannno
OK? And? This makes that different from people calling for Trump's death for what they consider treason, or other things that are as bad as treason, how?

They don't always apply due process.

donnay
Trust but verify, faith is for god.

If you were truly following the conversation you'd understand that is whom I am talking about. Go back to sleep.

donnay
03-01-2018, 11:40 AM

Hillary and Obama were proved by the survivors accounts. No proof of Trump treason that I am aware of.

acptulsa
03-01-2018, 11:40 AM
Alright you have taken my words out of context from another thread. I was calling Trump out for the gun control remarks about due process.

What has context got to do with it? Facts are facts.

And the fact is, the escalation of celebrity rhetoric aside, the media have been harping on the Establishment's favorite GOP candidate during every primary season for half a century. Is that also escalating? Could that possibly increase as polls show Republican confidence in the media decreasing? What difference does it make?

The media lies, but it doesn't lie about who is Establishment and who isn't? Why the hell not?

Our liberty is being taken away because people forget they were instructed to have faith in God, not in men. fisharmor is not one of the people who forgot that.

I guess it depends on how you define around him, but during certain points in his Presidency he was talking a lot with the Judge and Rand, and then there is AJ and Don Jr.

We're talking about constitutionalists, and you're bringing up Alex Jones? And did you also believe Obama was the Constitutional Scholar he claimed to be?

nikcers
03-01-2018, 11:41 AM
If you were truly following the conversation you'd understand that is whom I am talking about. Go back to sleep.
You talk about Trump like you think he is a god, thats what I was implying. Learn to read.

Superfluous Man
03-01-2018, 11:41 AM

The contortions you're making just to stick by your ridiculous claim are so obvious, you must be doing it on purpose.

First it had to be people calling for a president's death. Then it had to be a celebrity. Then it had to be vitriol. Then it had to be for something that you didn't consider a good enough reason. The obvious thing that it all comes down to is just that you support Trump and you didn't support previous presidents. That's 100% of the difference. Trump faces the same kind of opposition every president has faced, but in Trump's case it's unprecedented because this time Donnay doesn't think he deserves it.

Superfluous Man
03-01-2018, 11:43 AM
Hillary and Obama were proved by the survivors accounts. No proof of Trump treason that I am aware of.

There's plenty of proof of his doing things that warrant the death penalty in places that have it, were the law to apply to him the same way it does to everyone else. Do you put treason in some special category apart from all other crimes or something?

kcchiefs6465
03-01-2018, 11:48 AM
I'll try to refrain from further blasphemy but really, our liberty is being taken away because the people are by and large brainwashed rats.

It doesn't help that there is a Bull Moose progressive occupying the bully pulpit.

dannno
03-01-2018, 11:49 AM
We're talking about constitutionalists, and you're bringing up Alex Jones? And did you also believe Obama was the Constitutional Scholar he claimed to be?

This is debate club, not dodge ball.

donnay
03-01-2018, 11:50 AM
What has context got to do with it? Facts are facts.

And the fact is, the escalation of celebrity rhetoric aside, the media have been harping on the Establishment's favorite GOP candidate during every primary season for half a century. Is that also escalating? Could that possibly increase as polls show Republican confidence in the media decreasing? What difference does it make?

The media lies, but it doesn't lie about who is Establishment and who isn't? Why the hell not?

Our liberty is being taken away because people forget they were instructed to have faith in God, not in men. fisharmor is not one of the people who forgot that.

The direction in which this conversation was started by me was how celebrities and politicians are publicly calling for the death of the President. Stay with me here. You decided to interject a quote of what I said in another thread to add to this to derail it. It's a good slight-of-hand distraction.

acptulsa
03-01-2018, 11:51 AM
This is debate club, not dodge ball.

I'm not lobbing balls at your head. I'm washing the sand out from under your feet.

If you don't think that's a legitimate debate tactic, then that explains why you seldom win debates.

donnay
03-01-2018, 11:52 AM
You talk about Trump like you think he is a god, thats what I was implying. Learn to read.

No I don't he is a man, a fallible man. Just like you and everyone else on earth. My remark was made to kcchiefs6465 who has since changed what he wrote.

acptulsa
03-01-2018, 11:55 AM
The direction in which this conversation was started by me was how celebrities and politicians are publicly calling for the death of the President. Stay with me here. You decided to interject a quote of what I said in another thread to add to this to derail it. It's a good slight-of-hand distraction.

dannno started the conversation about the media and Trump, at least in this thread.

You dragged random non-MSM-"news" celebrities into it in an effort to change the subject.

donnay
03-01-2018, 11:55 AM
The contortions you're making just to stick by your ridiculous claim are so obvious, you must be doing it on purpose.

First it had to be people calling for a president's death. Then it had to be a celebrity. Then it had to be vitriol. Then it had to be for something that you didn't consider a good enough reason. The obvious thing that it all comes down to is just that you support Trump and you didn't support previous presidents. That's 100% of the difference. Trump faces the same kind of opposition every president has faced, but in Trump's case it's unprecedented because this time Donnay doesn't think he deserves it.

LOL! You're analogy is ridiculous on the face of it. You know nothing about be, and have no idea who I have voted for. Stop psychoanalyzing me.

Superfluous Man
03-01-2018, 11:58 AM
LOL! You're analogy is ridiculous on the face of it. You know nothing about be, and have no idea who I have voted for. Stop psychoanalyzing me.

You're putting your devotion to Trump on display here in this thread for all to see. All I've done is point out the obvious.

donnay
I'll try to refrain from further blasphemy but really, our liberty is being taken away because the people are by and large brainwashed rats.

It doesn't help that there is a Bull Moose progressive occupying the bully pulpit.

Our liberty is being taking away because this country has lost it's way and for the most part took God out of the equation.

2 Corinthians 3:17 (KJV)
17 Now the Lord is that Spirit: and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty.

dannno
If you don't think that's a legitimate debate tactic, then that explains why you seldom win debates.

No, it explains why YOU seldom win debates. Your claim was that Trump didn't have any supporters of the Constitution around him. I named four people who have been around him from time to time, and you claimed one of them was not a supporter of the Constitution and then claimed you won.

It would be interesting to see your evidence for why you think AJ doesn't support the Constitution, but either way that was a total dodge.

acptulsa
03-01-2018, 11:59 AM

There's another conclusion to be drawn from the evidence? Because he summarized the evidence quite nicely.

You moved the goalposts right out of Arrowhead Stadium, across the parking lot, and somewhere near the Royals' third base line.

No, it explains why YOU seldom win debates. Your claim was that Trump didn't have any supporters of the Constitution around him. I named four people who have been around him from time to time, and you claimed one of them was not a supporter of the Constitution and then claimed you won.

It would be interesting to see your evidence for why you think AJ doesn't support the Constitution, but either way that was a total dodge.

Are either Rand Paul or Napolitano in his cabinet? You figure Little Donnie Junior is a great Constitutional Scholar, right up there with Obama? What does 'from time to time' accomplish? Does constitutionalism rub off on one on the golf course, as a general rule? Is it a communicable disease?

Care to name a constitutionalist in the Cabinet?

donnay
03-01-2018, 12:01 PM
You're putting your devotion to Trump on display here in this thread for all to see. All I've done is point out the obvious.

The only obvious thing here is you know nothing about my devotion to anyone.

dannno
03-01-2018, 12:04 PM
Are either Rand Paul or Napolitano in his cabinet?

My original statement:

donnay
03-01-2018, 12:04 PM
There's another conclusion to be drawn from the evidence? Because he summarized the evidence quite nicely.

You moved the goalposts right out of Arrowhead Stadium, across the parking lot, and somewhere near the Royals' third base line.

Are either Rand Paul or Napolitano in his cabinet? You figure Little Donnie Junior is a great Constitutional Scholar, right up there with Obama? What does 'from time to time' accomplish? Does constitutionalism rub off on one on the golf course, as a general rule? Is it a communicable disease?

Yes the "evidence" of which you share the same thoughts on. :rolleyes:

acptulsa
03-01-2018, 12:08 PM
My original statement...

...seemed to be offered as a rebuttal of a statement I made. I don't think anyone considers that statement rebutted.

There's another conclusion to be drawn from the evidence?

Yes the "evidence" of which you share the same thoughts on. :rolleyes:

Does that glorified prepositional phrase mean something?

donnay
03-01-2018, 12:13 PM
...seemed to be offered as a rebuttal of a statement I made. I don't think anyone considers that statement rebutted.

Does that glorified prepositional phrase mean something?

Yes. You're smart enough you can figure it out.

acptulsa
03-01-2018, 12:17 PM
Yes. You're smart enough you can figure it out.

No.

I'm glad you have faith in me and all, but that's the subject of a sentence that doesn't exist. There isn't even a verb attached.

Give me a sentence in code and I can usually figure out what it says. But that not only doesn't have a direct object, it doesn't even tell us what it would do to the direct object if it had one.

Admittedly, it's a good way to shut down debate. It's like trying to rebut a bowling ball. There's no point.

dannno
03-01-2018, 12:24 PM

Wrong. Again. donnay made a statement that Trump needed more Constitutional people around him. Now you are defining "around him" as his cabinet. I said it depends on how you define "around him".

CCTelander
03-01-2018, 12:27 PM
Just a thought:

Gerald Ford survived 2 actual attempts on his life while in office.

Reagan was actually shot and survived.

How many actual attempts have there been on Trump's life?

Doesn't get much more threatening and vitriolic than to actually try to kill a guy.

Just a thought.

acptulsa
03-01-2018, 12:29 PM
Wrong. Again. donnay made a statement that Trump needed more Constitutional people around him. Now you are defining "around him" as his cabinet. I said it depends on how you define "around him".

He met one constitutionalist once and plays golf with another one once every eight or ten months. And that constitutes 'having constitutionalists around him'.

Well then. Can't argue with that kind of logic.

dannno
03-01-2018, 12:38 PM
He met one constitutionalist once and plays golf with another one once every eight or ten months. And that constitutes 'having constitutionalists around him'.

Wrong.

Every one of your last 10 posts have been wrong. What is the point in arguing with somebody like that?

acptulsa
03-01-2018, 12:40 PM

Wrong.

I can argue with "logic" like that?

dannno
03-01-2018, 12:42 PM
I can argue with "logic" like that?

No, your facts are wrong, and your logic has been wrong and backwards in your last 10 posts, you are a waste of time and 98% of the time you do not further intellectual discourse.

acptulsa
03-01-2018, 12:48 PM
No, your facts are wrong, and your logic has been wrong and backwards in your last 10 posts, you are a waste of time and 98% of the time you do not further intellectual discourse.

Let's see if dannno can prove any of that. Well, 98% of it is opinion. So how about...

dannno, can you prove Trump met Napolitano more than once since being sworn in?

donnay
03-01-2018, 12:48 PM
Just a thought:

Gerald Ford survived 2 actual attempts on his life while in office.

Reagan was actually shot and survived.

How many actual attempts have there been on Trump's life?

Doesn't get much more threatening and vitriolic than to actually try to kill a guy.

Just a thought.

The thought is that no time during Ford or Reagan's presidencies were there celebrities and politicians publicly calling for violence and their deaths. That was the point of this discussion--nothing more.

It should not happen and it's a fine line they are crossing, yet, they are using the first amendment as a cover.

acptulsa
03-01-2018, 12:53 PM
The thought is that no time during Ford or Reagan's presidencies were there celebrities and politicians publicly calling for violence and their deaths. That was the point of this discussion--nothing more.

It should not happen and it's a fine line they are crossing yet using the first amendment as a cover.

Celebrities were never the point if the discussion. The point if the discussion was, does the fact that the media attacks a GOP candidate mean he or she is anti-establishment, or might that be the media's way of giving them cover and selling them to Republican primary voters?

As someone who was there when the conversation began, before you jumped in, I resent you trying to redefine the topic of the debate to suit yourself.

dannno
03-01-2018, 12:54 PM

More obfuscation and bullshit.

Is it really worth it?

acptulsa
03-01-2018, 12:58 PM
Let's see if dannno can prove any of that. Well, 98% of it is opinion. So how about...

More obfuscation and bull$#@!.

Is it really worth it?

Answer: No.

dannno, does meeting Napolitano once constitute 'having constitutionalists around you'? Yes or no.

donnay
03-01-2018, 12:58 PM
Celebrities were never the point if the discussion. The point if the discussion was, does the fact that the media attacks a GOP candidate mean he or she is anti-establishment, or might that be the media's way of giving them cover and selling them to Republican primary voters?

As someone who was there when the conversation began, before you jumped in, I resent you trying to redefine the topic of the debate to suit yourself.

Are you and nikcers sleep walking? Follow the conversations, please.

acptulsa
03-01-2018, 01:01 PM

donna, anyone can do that. And when they do, they'll not have any trouble identifying the somnambulist.

kcchiefs6465
03-01-2018, 01:01 PM

It should not happen and it's a fine line they are crossing, yet, they are using the first amendment as a cover.
Well to be fair, the First Amendment IS cover. As in, their speech is covered by the First Amendment.

dannno
03-01-2018, 01:02 PM
Answer: No.

dannno, does meeting Napolitano once constitute 'having constitutionalists around you'? Yes or no.

I never said met with, I said talked to. donnay never said in his cabinet, she said close to him.

You keep obfuscating with your stupid bullshit and changing the requirements to win your stupid little meaningless arguments you fucking snake..

Yes, Napolitano MET with Trump twice (not once), but he talked to him on the phone several times at LENGTH.

Napolitano also claimed that Trump said he was up for possible Supreme Court nomination after Gorsuch.

https://www.politico.com/story/2017/03/andrew-napolitano-supreme-court-shortlist-trump-236488

But ya, Hillary "let's go get Russia!" would have been the same..

dannno
03-01-2018, 01:03 PM

acptulsa is a bullshit obfuscater only interested in winning petty meaningless arguments and has no desire to further the intellectual discourse.

The Rebel Poet
03-01-2018, 01:08 PM
George W. Bush.

donnay
03-01-2018, 01:08 PM
Well to be fair, the First Amendment IS cover. As in, their speech is covered by the First Amendment.

To threaten someone with violence and death it has consequences.

donnay
03-01-2018, 01:12 PM
George W. Bush.

And again, which celebrity or politicians or newscaster threatened his life?

acptulsa
03-01-2018, 01:21 PM
I never said met with, I said talked to. donnay never said in his cabinet, she said close to him.

You keep obfuscating with your stupid bull$#@! and changing the requirements to win your stupid little meaningless arguments you $#@!ing snake..

Yes, Napolitano MET with Trump twice (not once), but he talked to him on the phone several times at LENGTH.

Napolitano also claimed that Trump said he was up for possible Supreme Court nomination after Gorsuch.

https://www.politico.com/story/2017/03/andrew-napolitano-supreme-court-shortlist-trump-236488

But ya, Hillary "let's go get Russia!" would have been the same..

That is you proof President Trump has constitutionalists around him--an article that says they met twice before Trump was sworn in, never says they talked on the phone AT LENGTH at all, and indicates Napolitano reported the bulk of the conversations were promises getting made which have not been kept?

acptulsa is a bull$#@! obfuscater only interested in winning petty meaningless arguments and has no desire to further the intellectual discourse.

Do you think these forum violations turn your baseless claims into something valid?

dannno
03-01-2018, 01:24 PM
//

Ender
03-01-2018, 01:26 PM
acptulsa is a bull$#@! obfuscater only interested in winning petty meaningless arguments and has no desire to further the intellectual discourse.

Well, that's a bunch of crap.

You're better than this, dannno, and acptulsa is not conducting "meaningless arguments."

Where's the constitutionalists that Trump has surrounded himself? Oh, not his cabinet? I wonder who picked those losers? :rolleyes:

dannno
03-01-2018, 01:29 PM
and indicates Napolitano reported the bulk of the conversations were promises getting made which have not been kept?

How has the promise made not been kept when there hasn't even been a Supreme Court nomination since Gorsuch? The article specifically said he was NEXT in line for consideration AFTER Gorsuch?

dannno
03-01-2018, 01:31 PM
Well, that's a bunch of crap.

You're better than this, dannno, and @acptulsa (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/member.php?u=12430) is not conducting "meaningless arguments."

Where's the constitutionalists that Trump has surrounded himself? Oh, not his cabinet? I wonder who picked those losers? :rolleyes:

Stop defending him and go back to the beginning where this argument originated, when donnay simply said that Trump should surround himself with more Constitutionalists.

We all know the extent to which certain people who have a certain respect for the Constitution have been around him, which is some, we all wish it was more, and we all know those people aren't in his cabinet, but acptulsa keeps changing the conditions of other people's statements. Therefore it is bullshit obfuscation.

Ender
03-01-2018, 01:35 PM
And again, which celebrity or politicians or newscaster threatened his life?

Ted Nugent:

In 2007, he said the following during a concert: "Obama, he's a piece of shit. I told him to suck on my machine gun. Hey Hillary [Clinton], you might want to ride one of these into the sunset, you worthless bitch."

So that's his level of political discourse. Of course, he seems to be speaking figuratively if distastefully. But he made another rather appalling statement over the weekend at the NRA convention in St. Louis:

If Barack Obama becomes the president in November, again, I will be either be dead or in jail by this time next year.

He also recommends decapitating Democrats: "We need to ride onto that battlefield and chop their heads off in November." (The folks brandishing rifles in the background of the video above add another element of surrealism to the proceeding.)

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2012/04/quote-of-the-day-ted-nugent-threatens-barack-obama/256025/

acptulsa
03-01-2018, 01:35 PM
Stop defending him and go back to the beginning where this argument originated, when donnay simply said that Trump should surround himself with more Constitutionalists.

We all know the extent to which certain people who have a certain respect for the Constitution have been around him, which is some, we all wish it was more, and we all know those people aren't in his cabinet, but acptulsa keeps changing the conditions of other people's statements. Therefore it is bull$#@! obfuscation.

He hasn't met with Napolitano since the inauguration, and Junior and Jones aren't constitutionalists. So who are these constitutionalists (plural) around the president?

Origanalist
03-01-2018, 01:40 PM
acptulsa is a bullshit obfuscater only interested in winning petty meaningless arguments and has no desire to further the intellectual discourse.

Lo mcfucking l.

Ender
03-01-2018, 01:43 PM
All of the Times Crazies Have Tried to Kill President Obama

https://www.ranker.com/list/president-obama-assassination-attempts/mike-rothschild

Mostly Bush:

This is obviously dumb, but Democrats and leftists have had their share of making joking threats toward Republicans. Here are five of them.

1. Then-Sen. John Kerry (D-MA) joked about killing President George W. Bush in 2006.

Vulgar comedian Bill Maher told Kerry he "could have went to New Hampshire and killed two birds with one stone."

Kerry responded, "Or, I could have gone to 1600 Pennsylvania and killed the real bird with one stone."

2. Kerry also joked about killing vice-president Dan Quayle in 1988.

"Somebody told me the other day that the Secret Service has orders that if George Bush is shot, they're to shoot Quayle," Kerry said at a breakfast. "There isn't any press here, is there?"

Kerry later issued a statement apologizing for his inappropriate joke.

3. Larry Wilmore, host of The Nightly Show, has joked about killing Trump.

"I don’t want to give him any more oxygen," Wilmore said. "That’s not a euphemism, by the way. I mean it literally. Somebody get me the pillow they used to kill [Supreme Court Justice Antonin] Scalia and I’ll do it — I’ll do it!"

Wilmore then proceeded to imitate smothering Trump with a pillow.

"I could get in trouble for that," Wilmore giggled.

4. Then-New York state comptroller Alan Hevesi joked in 2006 about Sen. Charles Schumer (D-NY) killing Bush.

Hevesi was speaking at a college commencement ceremony following a speech by Schumer.

"We really feel bad for poor Chuck, United States senator, the man who, uh, uh, how do I phrase this diplomatically – will put a bullet between the president’s eyes if he could get away with it," Hevesi said.

The crowd "collectively gasped," according to the New York Post, and Hevesi later apologized for his remarks at a press conference.

5. During a broadcast of the CBS's The Late Late Show in 2000 hosted by Craig Kilborn, the words "Snipers Wanted" appeared as footage of George W. Bush accepting the Republican presidential nomination played.

CBS News later issued an apology, stating that the "Snipers Wanted" text was reportedly a "blunder."

Ender
03-01-2018, 01:51 PM
Napolitano on DACA:

When Sessions announced this week that DACA will not be followed after March 5, 2018, he said he is confident that DACA is unconstitutional for the same reasons that the courts found DAPA to be unconstitutional. Yet there are moral, constitutional, legal and economic arguments on this that will be an obstacle to the cancellation of this long-standing program.

Morally, most of the beneficiaries of DACA are fully Americanized young adults who know no other life but what they have here and have no roots in the countries of their births. Many are serving the U.S. in the military. Constitutionally, DACA has effectively been in place since 1986, and 800,000 people younger than 40 have planned their lives in reliance upon it. Legally, once a benefit has been given by the government and relied upon, the courts are reluctant to rescind it, even though the 5th Circuit showed no such reluctance.

Economically, the summary removal of more than three-quarters of a million people from the workforce would have serious negative consequences for their employers and dependents and for delicate economic forces, and there would be negative economic consequences to the government, as well, as each claimed hardship case — each person whose deportation is ordered — is entitled to a hearing at the government’s expense.

Now many Republican and Democratic lawmakers in Congress want to make a close version of Obama’s executive orders with respect to immigrant infants (DACA) the law of the land — something they declined to do when Obama was president. Were this to happen, the tables would be turned on Trump. He would be confronted with the constitutional duty of enforcing a federal law that he has condemned.

Would he live up to his oath of office?

acptulsa
03-01-2018, 01:52 PM
dannno, what makes this so important you went all Tourette's on me? I'm honestly not asking to be petty. If we could get an honest answer to that question, we could install a Massie or a Paul in the White House. Seriously.

What makes it so important to manufacture constitutionalists and stick them in close proximity to Trump? How did that become vital to your very self-identity to the point you were cussing me out in public?

If we could figure out how this works, we'd be invincible.

donnay
03-01-2018, 01:55 PM
Ted Nugent:

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2012/04/quote-of-the-day-ted-nugent-threatens-barack-obama/256025/

Ted Nugent threatened George W. Bush's life?

donnay
03-01-2018, 01:58 PM

We all know the extent to which certain people who have a certain respect for the Constitution have been around him, which is some, we all wish it was more, and we all know those people aren't in his cabinet, but acptulsa keeps changing the conditions of other people's statements. Therefore it is bull$#@! obfuscation.

What you missed Dannno is that acptulsa took my comments from another thread to place them here to derail the argument. The comment I made was with regard to Trump calling to take guns away without first due process.

The Rebel Poet
03-01-2018, 02:07 PM
All of the Times Crazies Have Tried to Kill President Obama

https://www.ranker.com/list/president-obama-assassination-attempts/mike-rothschild

Mostly Bush:
Actors or it doesn't count.

Let me diagram it for you:

Bush
Trump

Promised to reduce foreign wars but increased them

Promised to decrease federal budget but grew it

Promised to maintain unconstitutional federal programs

Talked about new unconstitutional programs

Promoted by Sean Hannity and Rush Limbaugh

Lampooned as dumb by msm

Vitriolically hated by celebrities

Threatened with death

Threatened by celebrities

See? There are completely different.

acptulsa
03-01-2018, 02:11 PM
What you missed Dannno is that acptulsa took my comments from another thread to place them here to derail the argument. The comment I made was with regard to Trump calling to take guns away without first due process.

Kind of you to give me credit for something I didn't do (and charming of you to assume why I did what I didn't do). But I didn't bring the subject of the constitution up. Credit where credit is due:

And everyone who wants the Constitution adhered to has reasons to hate Trump, since he doesn't want that. You're not honestly going to come into this forum and pretend you think he does, are you?

Bush
Trump

Lampooned as dumb by msm

Threatened with death

See? They are completely different.

Well, there it is. Clearly the MSM could make vitriolic comments about Dubya just to manipulate Republicans to nominate him, but could not make vitriolic comments about Trump just to manipulate Republicans into nominating him.

Well done! QED

Ender
03-01-2018, 02:31 PM
Ted Nugent threatened Heorhe W. Bush's life?

Obama's life- go to the link.

CCTelander
03-01-2018, 03:32 PM
This probably won't do any good, but just for the sake of accuracy:

Conservatives forget history with Trump effigy outrage
BY KIMBERLY MEHLMAN-OROZCO - 06/01/17 02:00 PM EDT

Earlier this week, comedian Kathy Griffin published a video and photos of her holding a decapitated effigy of President Trump. Regardless of where you fall on the political spectrum, most agree that the disturbing display was done in extremely poor taste.

TMZ reported that Trump's 11-year-old son, Barron, was very upset by the images, prompting even more condemnation from both sides of the partisan aisle.

However, in the discourse that followed, conservatives appear to have forgotten their history in the treatment of Barack Obama during his presidency.

"It's amazing how the left, particularly Hollywood, have no limits to their cruelty and hatred. What would they say if that happened to Obama," wrote one commentator on Twitter.

"Kathy Griffin holds mock-up of Trump's decapitated head & liberals call it ‘art.’ If any conservative did this to Obama they'd be arrested," Tweeted another.

Despite the claims from conservatives, the reality is that Obama did face this type of treatment during his presidency and worse.

Last year, I wrote an article about how “Obama’s presidency was marked by effigies of our first black president hanging from nooses across the country ... or being burned around the world.”

For example, there is currently a 54-minute video on YouTube entitled Nationwide Burning of Effigies and Images of President Hussein Obama, published by a group called Stand Up America Now.

The video opens with two effigies of Obama hanging from nooses with a fake gravestone in the background that reads “OBAMA DEAD,” as well as a church and an upside-down flag.

Following presentations from multiple speakers at the event, the video concludes with a white man in sunglasses using a propane torch to light the Obama effigies on fire, prompting a round of applause and cheers from the crowd.

Sasha Obama was 11-years-old when this display was published.

Where was the conservative outrage when this happened? Or when the same group burned 2,998 Korans less than one year later?

This group asserted their first amendment rights for political and artistic speech and they weren’t alone.

Ted Nugent threatened to kill Barack Obama and Hillary Clinton during an onstage rant. Effigies of Obama were burned at a bar in Milwaukee; as well as hung from a tree at the University of Kentucky; a building in Plains, Ga.; and a noose in the front yard of a home in Moreno Valley, Calif.

In explaining the catalyst for his Obama effigy, one man from Fairfield, Ohio, said that he didn’t want “an African American running the country.”

Americans have a long history of citizens committing violence against president effigies to voice political dissent.

James Madison, John Tyler, Abraham Lincoln, Woodrow Wilson, Richard Nixon, Gerald Ford, and Jimmy Carter were all burned in effigy during their presidencies. And each time this happened, the offending party leaders repudiated the distasteful and disrespectful actions of their constituents.

Ultimately, it is important to understand our history so we can learn from it and develop bipartisan empathy moving forward.

Kimberly Mehlman-Orozco holds a Ph.D. in Criminology, Law and Society from George Mason University, with an expertise in human trafficking. She currently serves as a human trafficking expert witness for criminal cases and her book, “Hidden in Plain Sight: America's Slaves of the New Millennium,” will be published by Praeger/ABC-Clio this year. Mehlman-Orozco’s writing can be found in Thompson Reuters, Forbes, The Washington Post, The Houston Chronicle, The Baltimore Sun, The Crime Report and The Diplomatic Courier.

http://thehill.com/blogs/pundits-blog/the-administration/335915-conservatives-forget-history-with-trump-effigy-outrage

donnay
03-01-2018, 03:51 PM
Obama's life- go to the link.

Sorry he did not make a plea for people to do violence and kill a president.

ETA:

While I do not fully agree with Ted Nugent, he did not call for physical violence as some celebrities have called for on Trump.

Here is the video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=170&v=06XVt6zEr9E

r3volution 3.0
03-01-2018, 08:14 PM

That said, Iraq war hero Senator Tammy Duckworth should not have called him CBS:

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/tammy-duckworth-trump-cadet-bone-spurs_us_5a7913cbe4b00f94fe944690

Yes she should have.

If Trump were a principled anti-war person, his draft dodging by means of fake medical problems would be entirely fine.

But he's a warmonger, so his draft dodging makes him a hypocrite of the first order.

That it was Tammy Duckface who called him out on this is beside the point.

If Charlie Mason tells you violence is wrong, it's not untrue because it's him who said it.

Swordsmyth
03-01-2018, 08:23 PM
Yes she should have.

If Trump were a principled anti-war person, his draft dodging by means of fake medical problems would be entirely fine.

But he's a warmonger, so his draft dodging makes him a hypocrite of the first order.

That it was Tammy Duckface who called him out on this is beside the point.

If Charlie Mason tells you violence is wrong, it's not untrue because it's him who said it.

As I already pointed out he isn't a hypocrite until he calls for a draft.

Duckbrain is a warmongering witch who was using sophistry to distract from the fact that the Demoncrats were holding the troops pay hostage to reward illegal immigrants.

nikcers
03-01-2018, 08:28 PM
As I already pointed out he isn't a hypocrite until he calls for a draft.

Duckbrain is a warmongering witch who was using sophistry to distract from the fact that the Demoncrats were holding the troops pay hostage to reward illegal immigrants.
Kind of saying Trump didn't have a choice but he did obviously because he didn't have to go he got deferments. He is sending people to war created for profit. Most people don't join the military to go to war that isn't defense of the country. They joined the military thinking that it was a job and the economy sucks.

Swordsmyth
03-01-2018, 08:35 PM
Kind of saying Trump didn't have a choice but he did obviously because he didn't have to go he got deferments. He is sending people to war created for profit. Most people don't join the military to go to war that isn't defense of the country. They joined the military thinking that it was a job and the economy sucks.
Somebody who avoided a draft (if we assume that the bone spurs were a lie) sending volunteers to war isn't hypocrisy.
These wars are bad policy but words have meanings and it isn't hypocrisy until he calls for a draft.

acptulsa
03-01-2018, 08:48 PM
His hotels are full of illegal immigrant chambermaids.

Who cares where the specific hypocrisies are and aren't?

Swordsmyth
03-01-2018, 08:53 PM
His hotels are full of illegal immigrant chambermaids.

Who cares where the specific hypocrisies are and aren't?

Did he hire them? Has he cracked down on those who employ illegals?

I'm sure if you look hard enough you might find someplace he is actually a hypocrite, until you do please don't insult our intelligence or destroy what is left of your credibility by misusing the word.

Superfluous Man
03-01-2018, 09:11 PM

Bush
Trump

Lampooned as dumb by msm

Threatened with death

See? There are completely different.

Your diagram is incomplete.

Among the many, many vitriolic calls for the death of GWB were some that were made by celebrities.

http://www.zombietime.com/zomblog/?p=621

Superfluous Man
03-01-2018, 09:13 PM
Sorry he did not make a plea for people to do violence and kill a president.

He called for him to be hung.

acptulsa
03-01-2018, 09:16 PM

I'm sure if you look hard enough you might find someplace he is actually a hypocrite, until you do please don't insult our intelligence or destroy what is left of your credibility by misusing the word.

The man has done enough flip-flops to shod all the feet on all of California's beaches. Applying that word to Trump is not misusing it.

Swordsmyth
03-01-2018, 09:19 PM
The man has done enough flip-flops to shod all the feet on all of California's beaches. Applying that word to Trump is not misusing it.

Applying it to him in an instance where it isn't true is misuse no matter how many other places it may apply to him.

Origanalist
03-01-2018, 09:21 PM

Who the fuck are you to determine anyone's credibility here? Non-stop sitting on this forum since 2016 doesn't give you the ability to determine shit.

Swordsmyth
03-01-2018, 09:25 PM
Who the $#@! are you to determine anyone's credibility here? Non-stop sitting on this forum since 2016 doesn't give you the ability to determine $#@!.

I and everyone here get to judge the credibility of all posters, tulsa doesn't have much in my book, get over it.

Origanalist
03-01-2018, 09:29 PM
I and everyone here get to judge the credibility of all posters, tulsa doesn't have much in my book, get over it.

No, I'm not getting over it. You're a Johnny come lately even more so than me. You don't get to judge the credibity of anyone but yourself.

Swordsmyth
03-01-2018, 09:31 PM
No, I'm not getting over it. You're a Johnny come lately even more so than me. You don't get to judge the credibity of anyone but yourself.
I get to judge the credibility of anyone I meet anywhere in life and you don't get to tell me I can't Mr. petty tyrant.

Origanalist
03-01-2018, 09:34 PM
I get to judge the credibility of anyone I meet anywhere in life and you don't get to tell me I can't Mr. petty tyrant.

I'm telling you your judgement doesn't count for shit for anyone but yourself, deal with that as you may.

acptulsa
03-01-2018, 09:38 PM
I'm telling you your judgement doesn't count for $#@! for anyone but yourself, deal with that as you may.

He's at that age where he figures the squeakiest wheel gets greased. Or, to put it another way, whomever spams the most wins.

Swordsmyth
03-01-2018, 09:41 PM
I'm telling you your judgement doesn't count for $#@! for anyone but yourself, deal with that as you may.
I never claimed otherwise. (although I might point out that you don't get to speak for anyone but yourself, others' opinions of my opinion are up to them)

If you like tulsa so much feel free to post an agreement with what he said and +rep him, but don't butt in to tell me off for expressing my opinion.

Swordsmyth
03-01-2018, 09:41 PM
He's at that age where he figures the squeakiest wheel gets greased. Or, to put it another way, whomever spams the most wins.

LOL

Origanalist
03-01-2018, 09:42 PM

Well, there are those of which I am a part of that can't sit on the boards all day that think that some of those that do are full of ......

acptulsa
03-01-2018, 09:44 PM
Well, there are those of which I am a part of that can't sit on the boards all day that think that some of those that do are full of ......

I never said his eyes weren't brown.

Origanalist
03-01-2018, 09:45 PM
I never claimed otherwise. (although I might point out that you don't get to speak for anyone but yourself, others' opinions of my opinion are up to them)

If you like tulsa so much feel free to post an agreement with what he said and +rep him, but don't butt in to tell me off for expressing my opinion.

I will whenever you feel youre qualified to determine someone's credibility here. Because you're not.

r3volution 3.0
03-01-2018, 09:47 PM
if you look hard enough you might find someplace he is actually a hypocrite

https://pmcvariety.files.wordpress.com/2016/10/willy-wonka-new-movie.jpg?w=1000&h=562&crop=1

acptulsa
03-01-2018, 09:50 PM
https://pmcvariety.files.wordpress.com/2016/10/willy-wonka-new-movie.jpg?w=1000&h=562&crop=1

But he's not a Trumpologist. If you don't believe me, just ask him.

Swordsmyth
03-01-2018, 09:52 PM

But he's not a Trumpologist. If you don't believe me, just ask him.

It's called understatement.

acptulsa
03-01-2018, 09:54 PM
It's called understatement.

One man's understating the degree that he's a Trumpologist is another man's overstating his denials that he's a Trumpologist.

Swordsmyth
03-01-2018, 09:58 PM
One man's understating the degree that he's a Trumpologist is another man's overstating his denials that he's a Trumpologist.

According to you anyone who doesn't burn Trump in effigy or who ever points out something good he does or is accurate about what he does wrong is a "Trumpologist", it's one reason you don't have much credibility.

acptulsa
03-01-2018, 10:01 PM
According to you anyone who doesn't burn Trump in effigy or who ever points out something good he does or is accurate about what he does wrong is a "Trumpologist", it's one reason you don't have much credibility.

No.

But I'm sure all the other Trumpologists will say it's true anyway. We all understand it's just part of the propaganda.

donnay
03-01-2018, 10:02 PM
He called for him to be hung.

No he didn't he called for Hillary to be tried and hung for Treason after her deliberate negligence with Benghazi that cause people to lose their lives.

"I've never threatened to hang anybody. I've never suggested anybody get hung, except the one time after Benghazi, I recommended that Hillary Clinton be charged, arrested, tried and hung,"
http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/ted-nugent-i-stand-by-saying-hillary-clinton-should-be-hanged-for-treason/article/2624673

Origanalist
03-01-2018, 10:06 PM

Speaking only for yourself of course.

acptulsa
03-01-2018, 10:09 PM
Speaking only for yourself of course.

Oh, goodness no. He's speaking for everybody.

He's like the MSM. He figures if he gives people the opinion he wants them to have over and over and over and over and over and over and over, they'll have it.

r3volution 3.0
03-01-2018, 10:15 PM
No he didn't he called for Hillary to be tried and hung for Treason after her deliberate negligence with Benghazi that cause people to lose their lives.

You mean after every Republican said the same thing non-stop every night on FOX for four years.

Boy, that's brave and edgy.

...kind of like how Ted Cruz "took a stand" against Obamacare.

...after every GOPer, federal, state, and local inveighed against it for 8 years.

...and then, a few months ago, they all voted to keep it.

http://i0.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/000/583/267/e8a.gif

donnay
03-01-2018, 10:21 PM
You mean after every Republican said the same thing non-stop every night on FOX for four years.

Boy, that's brave and edgy.

...kind of like how Ted Cruz "took a stand" against Obamacare.

...after every GOPer, federal, state, and local inveighed against it for 8 years.

...and then, a few months ago, they all voted to keep it.

http://i0.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/000/583/267/e8a.gif

Can your cite your sources? Because I do not believe that anyone on Fox News or Ted Cruz called for violence and the death of a President.

Superfluous Man
03-01-2018, 10:21 PM

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/ted-nugent-i-stand-by-saying-hillary-clinton-should-be-hanged-for-treason/article/2624673

I already showed you the Facebook post. He clearly called for both Obama and Hillary to be hung. Now you're denying that and quoting something else he said after that fact, but his words were right there, clearly calling for both Obama and Hillary to be hung.

Obama & Clinton, thats who. They should be tried for treason & hung.

That's what he said.

r3volution 3.0
03-01-2018, 10:22 PM
Can your cite your sources? Because I do not believe that anyone on Fox News or Ted Cruz called for violence and the death of a President.

You may have missed the point.

...i.e. the idiocy of the underlying rhetoric, regardless of any call for violence.

acptulsa
03-01-2018, 10:24 PM
Well, as long as this has turned into a Ted Nugent thread...

https://youtube.com/watch?v=0c3d7QgZr7g

You may have missed the point.

Where's that video of Bugs Bunny saying, 'Mmmm, could be'?

r3volution 3.0
03-01-2018, 10:34 PM
https://media1.tenor.com/images/b553333fe8b5d4fa276d7b2dc4f7fe23/tenor.gif?itemid=5945155

donnay
03-01-2018, 10:48 PM
I already showed you the Facebook post. He clearly called for both Obama and Hillary to be hung. Now you're denying that and quoting something else he said after that fact, but his words were right there, clearly calling for both Obama and Hillary to be hung.

That's what he said.

And you think Obama and Hillary didn't commit treasonous acts?

One example:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jriU_cPU9Vk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zje7qmzgso0

acptulsa
03-01-2018, 11:07 PM

There go those goalposts again.

They all committed treasonous acts. Trump, in calling for guns to be grabbed first and due process to be considered later (in violation of half the Bill of Rights, specifically the 2nd, 4th, 5th, 6th and 10th), directed his underlings violate the Constitution, which is a treasonable act.

Why are you changing the subject yet again? No matter how many times you change the subject, you're going to lose the debate. In fact, if you keep losing the debate, changing the subject, losing that debate, changing the subject, and losing that debate, you may wind up in the Guiness Book for the greatest number of losses of a single debate.

donnay
03-01-2018, 11:21 PM
There go those goalposts again.

They all committed treasonous acts. Trump, in calling for guns to be grabbed first and due process to be considered later (in violation of half the Bill of Rights, specifically the 2nd, 4th, 5th, 6th and 10th), directed his underlings violate the Constitution, which is a treasonable act.

Why are you changing the subject yet again? No matter how many times you change the subject, you're going to lose the debate. In fact, if you keep losing the debate, changing the subject, losing that debate, changing the subject, and losing that debate, you may wind up in the Guiness Book for the greatest number of losses of a single debate.

*3rd down - 2 minute warning*

How about following along with the discussion. I didn't change the subject.

You have no more time out and you continue to fumble the ball.

The Rebel Poet
03-01-2018, 11:48 PM
*3rd down - 2 minute warning*

You have no more time out and you continue to fumble the ball.
So, in order for a president to be one of the good guys, there has to be vitriol, and the vitriol has to include death threats, and those death threats must come from celebrities, and the president threatened has to have violated the Constitution. Am I understanding this correctly? In this measurement, Bush and Trump are identical. Go ahead and try to explain away your own words. You can move the goalposts, or try to tell us with a straight face that Dubya was one of the good guys.

donnay
03-02-2018, 12:57 AM
So, in order for a president to be one of the good guys, there has to be vitriol, and the vitriol has to include death threats, and those death threats must come from celebrities, and the president threatened has to have violated the Constitution. Am I understanding this correctly? In this measurement, Bush and Trump are identical. Go ahead and try to explain away your own words. You can move the goalposts, or try to tell us with a straight face that Dubya was one of the good guys.

Can you please point out where I said Trump was a good guy because celebrities hate him and some called for his death?

The Rebel Poet
03-02-2018, 01:44 AM
Can you please point out where I said Trump was a good guy because celebrities hate him and some called for his death?

Wasn't that your point here?

I had specifically said that media hate doesn't mean someone is one of the good guys, and you brought up celebrity death threats. I assumed your comment wasn't a non-sequitur.

acptulsa
03-02-2018, 07:04 AM

How about following the discussion yourself? You don't even remember the subject.

donnay
03-02-2018, 08:15 AM
Wasn't that your point here?

I had specifically said that media hate doesn't mean someone is one of the good guys, and you brought up celebrity death threats. I assumed your comment wasn't a non-sequitur.

Yes that is what I said. And again, who, what, where and how many called for George W. Bush's death?

acptulsa
03-02-2018, 08:58 AM
Yes that is what I said. And again, who, what, where and how many called for George W. Bush's death?

Why do you want a catalog? Are you saying no one did? Are you going to argue that if more MSM outlets trashed Trump than Dubya, then the argument that every GOP "presumptive nominee" for the last fifty years was maligned by the media is invalid?

Your question was asked and answered long ago. Please try to pay attention. Oh, sorry, I mean, 'How about following along with the discussion. You have no more time out and you continue to fumble the ball.'

This probably won't do any good, but just for the sake of accuracy:

http://thehill.com/blogs/pundits-blog/the-administration/335915-conservatives-forget-history-with-trump-effigy-outrage

donnay
03-02-2018, 09:45 AM
Why do you want a catalog? Are you saying no one did? Are you going to argue that if more MSM outlets trashed Trump than Dubya, then the argument that every GOP "presumptive nominee" for the last fifty years was maligned by the media is invalid?

Your question was asked and answered long ago. Please try to pay attention. Oh, sorry, I mean, 'How about following along with the discussion. You have no more time out and you continue to fumble the ball.'

I will continue to ask this until I get an answer, of which I have not.

How many celebrities, newscasters and politicians called for violence and the death of any past president?

Here I will help you out. ZERO

Game over!

acptulsa
03-02-2018, 10:03 AM
I will continue to ask this until I get an answer, of which I have not.

How many celebrities, newscasters and politicians called for violence and the death of any past president?

Here I will help you out. ZERO

Game over!

How many times did you click the link CCTelander kindly provided and I helped you find again, which proves you wrong? Here I will help you out. ZERO

Superfluous Man
03-02-2018, 10:08 AM

How in the world does this question even come up?

I never said one word one way or the other about whether they did. It's entirely irrelevant to the discussion.

And notice how you keep shifting around. The claim of yours I was responding to was the one where you said that Nugent never called for Obama's death, but only Hillary's. I clearly showed you that he did include Obama in what he said. And then you just turn around and act like that wasn't the point and you fall back on the old line about their committing treason.

In Nugent's opinion, and yours, they deserved death. I get it. Their supporters disagree. In the opinions of those who call for Trump's death, he deserves it. His supporters disagree.

Both Obama and Trump had done immoral things that resulted in the deaths of innocent people. That much is not disputed here as far as I can see. I see no point in setting apart some acts as "treason" and others as merely "murder," as if that should make all the difference.

Again, the opposition Trump has faced is not unprecedented in any way. It's no different than what Obama and Bush both faced. The only difference is that in their cases, you believed they deserved to die, and in Trump's you believe he's innocent of all charges.

Your entire position here throughout this thread is 100% based on nothing other than your support for Trump.