PDA

View Full Version : The Trump Administration Has Just Made the H-1B Visa-Approval Process Even Harder

kahless
02-25-2018, 11:26 PM
Trump continuing to follow through on putting American workers first while reducing abuse of H-1B workers. The new policy is likely to intensify the scrutiny involved in the process.

The Trump Administration Has Just Made the H-1B Visa-Approval Process Even Harder
http://www.nextgov.com/cio-briefing/2018/02/trump-administration-has-just-made-h-1b-visa-approval-process-even-harder/146220/
The move, in line with Trump’s “Buy American and Hire American” executive order from last year, will directly impact an entire cohort of Indian outsourcing firms like Tata Consultancy Services (TCS), Infosys, Wipro, and others. These companies often send workers from India, deputing them to third-party sites on a contract basis.

The USCIS said it has found “significant employer violations” among H-1B employers. This includes “paying less than the required wage, benching employees (not paying workers the required wage while they wait for projects or work), and having employees perform non-specialty occupation jobs.”

timosman
02-25-2018, 11:33 PM
H1B visa abuse comes as an unexpected discovery. :cool:

Superfluous Man
02-26-2018, 03:49 PM
It's none of Trump's business what I buy or whom I hire.

specsaregood
02-26-2018, 03:58 PM
Good.

I hope they employ a plagiarism software service for this bit:

So, when Indian techies, who make for a majority of the H-1B applicants (pdf) each year, apply for the visas now, they may have to furnish “evidence of actual work assignments,” the notice said. These include technical documentation, milestone tables, marketing analysis, cost-benefit analysis, brochures, and funding documents.

kahless
02-27-2018, 01:15 PM
Good.

I hope they employ a plagiarism software service for this bit:

they may have to furnish “evidence of actual work assignments,” the notice said. These include technical documentation, milestone tables, marketing analysis, cost-benefit analysis, brochures, and funding documents.

Pretty outrageous they say out of 323 million people in the US they have to mass important H-1B's to fill jobs while the Silicon Valley elites and their activist news media cheers it on. H-1B immigration is a kick in the face to working Americans and the unemployed whether they work in the industry or not. The policy is pretty much anti-American citizen.

For that quote you posted above alone I know I made the right choice in voting for Trump just to see that passed. It is just one step on fighting back the anti-American Silicon Valley oligarchs.

kahless
02-27-2018, 01:19 PM
It's none of Trump's business what I buy or whom I hire.

On one hand I agree with that but in the case of monopolies and Silicon Valley we do not have a free market. Regardless of ideology favoring an entire group of people with wealth over the native population is what starts ethnic strife. This even though it is no fault of the people coming here trying to just to have a better life.

enhanced_deficit
02-27-2018, 07:57 PM
Seems like no major change in the program, just some paperwork added with aim to stop abuse of one of the many clauses. It would not impact any of the biggest out sourcing resources companies according to various reports.

No fundamental change in H-1B visa programme: US diplomat
Economic Times Feb 26, 2018

Under the new policy, a company would have to go the extra mile to prove that its H-1B employee at a third-party work site has specific and non-qualifying speculative assignments in speciality occupation.

euphemia
02-27-2018, 08:00 PM
It's a promise kept.

acptulsa
02-27-2018, 08:06 PM
Seems like no major change in the program, just some paperwork added with aim to stop abuse of one of the many clauses. It would not impact any of the biggest out sourcing resources companies according to various reports.

Yet another source of big, fat headlines, which turn out to be basically no change at all.

http://www.funnybeing.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/02/Hope-And-Change.jpg

enhanced_deficit
02-27-2018, 11:34 PM
Yet another source of big, fat headlines, which turn out to be basically no change at all.

http://www.funnybeing.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/02/Hope-And-Change.jpg

In his defense, he was a top rated former reality TV star and puts high value in managing public perceptions and image building.

timosman
02-28-2018, 12:04 AM
In his defense, he was a top rated former reality TV star and puts high value in managing public perceptions and image building.

I agree. The quality of programming has improved significantly. The news are more entertaining than ever.

enhanced_deficit
02-28-2018, 12:03 PM
I agree. The quality of programming has improved significantly. The news are more entertaining than ever.

According to Steve Bannon, he also steers media & public attention quite expertly.

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?518038-Bannon-claim-that-Trump-disparaged-Sessions-to-provide-%93cover%94-for-Kushner-could-be-bad-news&p=6594725&viewfull=1#post6594725