PDA

View Full Version : Closing ICE in California - brainstorming this idea.

Jan2017
02-23-2018, 04:28 AM
ICE agents are needed along Texas Rio Grande valley battles with Mexico "Gulf Cartel".

move may be temporary . . . or not (?)

Jan2017
02-23-2018, 04:31 AM
Trump : some paraphrase/literary license extrapolated : "They're not doing their job anyway . . . in California, allowing sanctuary against federal law.

Jan2017
02-23-2018, 06:09 AM
and as discussed in other topical threads,
the President is floating the idea of bonuses /pay grade change for teachers with their weapons authorized for use at schools.

specsaregood
02-23-2018, 06:10 AM
the President is floating the idea of bonuses /pay grade change for teachers with their weapons authorized for use at schools.

I don't support that idea, as I don't want teachers choosing to carry guns just because they get paid more. I'd rather have teachers that are interested in self-defense choosing to carry guns.

Jan2017
02-23-2018, 06:17 AM
I don't support that idea, as I don't want teachers choosing to carry guns just because they get paid more. I'd rather have teachers that are interested in self-defense choosing to carry guns.
Yep . . . change in pay status for teachers at some schools . . . not even available to many teachers to act as part-security

specsaregood
02-23-2018, 06:40 AM
Yep . . . change in pay status for teachers at some schools . . . not even available to many teachers to act as part-security

I can see reimbursing them for expenses such as training, but I don't want it to be a job mandate. I rather see it as a personal choice, deterrent and last line of defense.

angelatc
02-23-2018, 09:19 AM

FedGov doesn't pay teachers. I hope to God he's just appealing to their unions.