PDA

View Full Version : Boston Tea Party

Cyclone
12-11-2007, 11:39 PM
I am very afraid. I see a whole page of stuff devoted to one thing or another but none to the tea party.

I personally believe that Sunday is our last chance to make a difference to the world. If we can bring in 20 million or more, just 200, from 100K people, we will turn Ron Paul into a Front Runner. He will be on every TV station (for free) across the world. It will be unlike anything anyone has ever seen. He will turn instantly into an "electable" guy. Something right now, he is not.

People on the fence say all the time "he is not electable." If we bring in a blowout day, that will change. But it must break all records by a huge margin.

I know we have all been working hard, but this is it. The very last donation day before the primaries. Give it ALL on the 16th. Forget 100, forget 200, give every dime you were ever planning on giving the campaign and pay for it later!

Seriously.

I was so disappointed last time that only 38,000 people gave. Is that all there is of us? Even if 10 bucks is all you can give for the rest of the campaign, give it! Having 150,000 donors will make just as big a splash as 20 million bucks.

Please, help me. I am doing nothing but promoting this Tea Party between now and then. I am sending emails around the world begging for money. I am doing viral marketing, targeting groups with articles of Ron Paul's asking them for money.

A small chip in here and there won't make the splash that giving every dime you have to Ron Paul on the 16th will. Plus, we won't need so many ads because come Monday if we really do this well, he will be on every channel every second of the day. Then we need to pounce and hit the phone lines and call every voter we can find from the 17th onward.

I see a lot of oomph going out of this project and going into other things. Please folks, please. Can we gear up for this?

I am hoping to see thread after thread talking about what a person is doing to push the Tea Party for the next several days.

I am contacting all expatriates I can find in the world to tell them that American living overseas can now donate on the website and thus, they can join in the Tea Party.

Please everyone else, join me in doing something. Please.

sirachman
12-11-2007, 11:41 PM
Ive been doing what I can and I am glad to see that you have been too! Just remember to donate what you can on the 16th and get out on the streets and spread the word of Ron Paul!!

curtisag
12-11-2007, 11:45 PM
I love the Tea Party with all my heart. However, you're building it up a bit much. The best we can hope for is around 7 or 8 million. Take a look at the sign ups, we're going to be around 30,000 total. Realistically, we need to adjust our expectations, and be thrilled with 6 million raised. I would be very satisfied if we just raised over 5 million, beating our previous record. That being said, we should be doing all we can to push it right up until midnight.

boondoggle
12-11-2007, 11:45 PM
I'm planning to do message myspaces, facebooks, and whatever else I have time for on the 14 and 15. I just feel like some'll forget. Don'tchya worry though, a lot of people are still helping out. Rather all they're doing is braving the snow, ice, and freezing cold temperatures to hold signs on the fifteenth or not . . . Or staying inside becoming more and more pale to make fake screennames and message thousands . . .

Liberty Star
12-12-2007, 12:00 AM
I am very afraid. I see a whole page of stuff devoted to one thing or another but none to the tea party.

I personally believe that Sunday is our last chance to make a difference to the world. If we can bring in 20 million or more, just 200, from 100K people, we will turn Ron Paul into a Front Runner. He will be on every TV station (for free) across the world. It will be unlike anything anyone has ever seen. He will turn instantly into an "electable" guy. Something right now, he is not.

People on the fence say all the time "he is not electable." If we bring in a blowout day, that will change. But it must break all records by a huge margin.

I know we have all been working hard, but this is it. The very last donation day before the primaries. Give it ALL on the 16th. Forget 100, forget 200, give every dime you were ever planning on giving the campaign and pay for it later!

Seriously.

I was so disappointed last time that only 38,000 people gave. Is that all there is of us? Even if 10 bucks is all you can give for the rest of the campaign, give it! Having 150,000 donors will make just as big a splash as 20 million bucks.

Please, help me. I am doing nothing but promoting this Tea Party between now and then. I am sending emails around the world begging for money. I am doing viral marketing, targeting groups with articles of Ron Paul's asking them for money.

A small chip in here and there won't make the splash that giving every dime you have to Ron Paul on the 16th will. Plus, we won't need so many ads because come Monday if we really do this well, he will be on every channel every second of the day. Then we need to pounce and hit the phone lines and call every voter we can find from the 17th onward.

I see a lot of oomph going out of this project and going into other things. Please folks, please. Can we gear up for this?

I am hoping to see thread after thread talking about what a person is doing to push the Tea Party for the next several days.

I am contacting all expatriates I can find in the world to tell them that American living overseas can now donate on the website and thus, they can join in the Tea Party.

Well said, 16 is day we should focus on!

Quantumystic
12-12-2007, 12:16 AM
I love the Tea Party with all my heart. However, you're building it up a bit much. The best we can hope for is around 7 or 8 million. Take a look at the sign ups, we're going to be around 30,000 total. Realistically, we need to adjust our expectations, and be thrilled with 6 million raised. I would be very satisfied if we just raised over 5 million, beating our previous record. That being said, we should be doing all we can to push it right up until midnight.

Math 101:

The 5th of November event had ~18,000 commitments, and raised between $4.2-4.38 million. Applying that same commitments-to-dollars ratio to the TeaParty, it'll take 33,000 commitments to raise $8 million.

We're at ~29,000 commitments... with 119 hrs to go. That's 34 new commitments every hour until midnight Monday morning. It's do-able.

Here's hoping the Des Moines debate is a kickass Ron Paul day!

parke
12-12-2007, 12:19 AM

The thing is, although alot of us are net savvy.. many supporters are not. Alot will not sign up to the site.. but through the meetup events we can reach more people that dont normally let their life revolve around the next Ron Paul video.

I think we will realistically double our first efforts. The first time there were people on the fence. Since then, weve had debates where RP performed well, his predictions have proven correct (on monetary policy and the war), he has been boosted in the polls..

And seriously.. Look hard at the competition!

This is going to be big. I dont know how big. But you better bet your butt supporters will dig deep this go round. We all know whats on the line.;)

LibertyEagle
12-12-2007, 12:22 AM
Cyclone is right.

December 16th is make it, or break it day. Either we get our fellow Americans attention that day, or it will never happen. Remember what happened on 11/5. Remember how people changed that day. For the first time, Ron Paul was a possibility. So on 12/16, we need to completely blow them away beyond all belief. We need to catapult Ron Paul to front-runner status, BEFORE the primaries start.

Thanks for the reminder, Cyclone.

patriotcalendar
12-12-2007, 12:28 AM
Boxes of government policies waiting to be tossed into Austin's Town Lake :) ...

http://www.patriotcalendar.com/rp/teapartyboxes_sm.jpg

Austin is prepping for a march with rally & tea party re-enactment, as well as freeway blogging throughout the day. We hope to inspire more offline people to get connected and donate!

Liberty Star
12-12-2007, 12:34 AM
Nice boxes.

A picture is worth a million words LOL

qwerty
12-12-2007, 12:37 AM

Seriously.

I COULD NOT AGREE MORE, DOING EVERYTHING I CAN TO HELP!

Liberty Star
12-12-2007, 12:37 PM
bump.

Thunderbolt
12-12-2007, 03:51 PM
Math 101:

The 5th of November event had ~18,000 commitments, and raised between $4.2-4.38 million. Applying that same commitments-to-dollars ratio to the TeaParty, it'll take 33,000 commitments to raise $8 million.

We're at ~29,000 commitments... with 119 hrs to go. That's 34 new commitments every hour until midnight Monday morning. It's do-able.

Here's hoping the Des Moines debate is a kickass Ron Paul day!

You missed the part where most of us stopped sending out that website for people to sign up on. Family members got very angry at the spam and so I have been working for weeks making sure people do not go to that sight.

Plus, this has been all over the news and the website was not mentioned. So hopefully, there will be no correlation. What we have to do though is work our tail off to get this going everywhere. NOW.

If you want to send them to a safer site that also counts donations send them to www.ronpaulsteaparty.com

They add the count to the other one and do not spam or ask for money for other project. In fact, they don't send out any bothersome emails at all.

I have had my whole family unsubscribe from teaparty07 because of the emails asking for money for different projects. They didn't like being badgered and I got a lot of heck for sending them there. Never again!

Thunderbolt
12-12-2007, 03:55 PM
Please tell us all what YOU are doing to push the tea party today.

Thunderbolt
12-12-2007, 04:14 PM
Bump

Menthol Patch
12-12-2007, 04:31 PM
We need to all continue supporting the Tea Party of 2007!

Liberty Star
12-12-2007, 07:24 PM
Should hit 30K pledges soon.

29,443 pledges at 2:40 pm EST 12/12/07

http://www.teaparty07.com/

Love the vids there.

HOLLYWOOD
12-12-2007, 08:27 PM
Boxes of government policies waiting to be tossed into Austin's Town Lake :) ...

http://www.patriotcalendar.com/rp/teapartyboxes_sm.jpg

Austin is prepping for a march with rally & tea party re-enactment, as well as freeway blogging throughout the day. We hope to inspire more offline people to get connected and donate!

GET SOME MORE WASTEFUL AGENCIES:

DEA - BLEEDER of 10's of BILLIONS

FBI - WACO, RUBY RIDGE, 9/11

SECRET SERVICE

DIA, DIS, NRO, NSA, DOA, DOE, FDA, DHS, CONGRESS, HOUSE of REP's, SENATE,

NSC - Nation Security Council (lobbyists/fear inducers)

STATE DEPT /DEPT OF STATE

NAFTA

CAFTA

UN

FEDERAL RESERVE

TREASURY

lots of IRS boxes

NWO - New WORLD ORDER

WilliamC
12-12-2007, 08:41 PM
Greetings All,

I'm one who isn't signed up but who will be donating on Dec. 16th, and I'm guessing there are plenty out there like me. My big drawback is A.S.S., or Angry Spouse Syndrome. I've already caught much grief from the wife for the money I've donated so far and what I've spent on stamps and such. The only reason I'm not in real trouble is that everything I've spent so far has come from money we've budgeted for me. Yes we're one of those strange families who actually live on a budget. I've literally spent nothing on myself for the last two months except gas to get to work, that's where my donated money comes from. So while I really really am wanting to go all out and max out my $2300, I can't pull the money out of savings without my wife agreeing to it. And that's not going to happen.

I will be in for at least $100 though, and more as cash flow allows.

William C Colley