PDA

View Full Version : Trump and GOP pushing gun control

Matt Collins
02-19-2018, 04:15 PM
According to reports on Fox News, the White House says President Donald Trump is “supportive” of the Dianne Feinstein-backed gun control bill.

For the sake of your Second Amendment rights, I hope it’s not true.

But here’s exactly what’s being reported:

“White House Press Secretary Sarah Sanders said Trump spoke on Friday to Senate Majority Whip John Cornyn about a bill the Texas Republican had introduced alongside (anti-gun Sen. Dianne Feinstein, D-Calif. and) Sen. Chris Murphy, D-Conn . . . While discussions are ongoing and revisions are being considered, the president is supportive of efforts . . .”

-- Fox News 2/18/2018

https://www.cnn.com/2018/02/19/politics/trump-background-checks-florida/index.html (https://www.cnn.com/2018/02/19/politics/trump-background-checks-florida/index.html)

https://nypost.com/2018/02/19/trump-open-to-tougher-gun-background-checks-after-florida-rampage/?utm_source=facebook_sitebuttons&utm_medium=site%20buttons&utm_campaign=site%20buttons

Anti Federalist
02-19-2018, 04:19 PM
Not gonna click through on on your usual habit of posting just a link.

But I don't have to.

Of course they are...they will be able to do what 8 years of O-bomb-ya could not.

The most recent major federal gun ban still in place came to us from the last great "conservative" Ronuld RayGun.

Fuck 'em all.

The GOP deserves to lose this fall.

phill4paul
02-19-2018, 04:43 PM
Not gonna click through on on your usual habit of posting just a link.

But I don't have to.

Of course they are...they will be able to do what 8 years of O-bomb-ya could not.

The most recent major federal gun ban still in place came to us from the last great "conservative" Ronuld RayGun.

Fuck 'em all.

The GOP deserves to lose this fall.

Might it be time to vote the democrats in for a super majority and just start bringing about the inevitable conclusion?

Matt Collins
02-19-2018, 04:43 PM
Just posted an update to my original post.

Swordsmyth
02-19-2018, 04:46 PM
I don't believe anything will happen, I think Trump intends to talk a lot and do nothing.

That said, we can't afford to be complacent.

phill4paul
02-19-2018, 04:51 PM
I don't believe anything will happen, I think Trump intends to talk a lot and do nothing.

That said, we can't afford to be complacent.

Don't bet on it. The second amendment didn't do much to protect us from all the restrictions on full automatic weapons. It could just as easily happen now with AR style semi's. They've just been waiting to indoctrinate enough young minds. And I believe they have hit the mark they were waiting on.

nikcers
02-19-2018, 04:52 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wind7Su2fMs

CCTelander
02-19-2018, 05:13 PM
This should come as no surprise to anyone. Republicans have a LONG history of betrayal where the 2nd Amendment is concerned. They've seldom, if ever, staunchly defended it, in fact.

Anti Federalist
02-19-2018, 05:19 PM
This should come as no surprise to anyone. Republicans have a LONG history of betrayal where the 2nd Amendment is concerned. They've seldom, if ever, staunchly defended it, in fact.

The only time they did was when they were an opposition party and it didn't matter much.

That's the only thing they are good for.

They cannot and will not "take charge" and push freedom issues forward.

Anti Federalist
02-19-2018, 05:20 PM
Don't bet on it. The second amendment didn't do much to protect us from all the restrictions on full automatic weapons. It could just as easily happen now with AR style semi's. They've just been waiting to indoctrinate enough young minds. And I believe they have hit the mark they were waiting on.

I wonder how much sales have increased?

Obama was the best gun salesman the nation had seen.

Matt Collins
02-19-2018, 05:47 PM
Don't bet on it. The second amendment didn't do much to protect us from all the restrictions on full automatic weapons. Yep and it was Reagan and the NRA who gave us that steaming pile of horseshit.

Matt Collins
02-19-2018, 05:49 PM
Might it be time to vote the democrats in for a super majority and just start bringing about the inevitable conclusion?
Well the benefit to that strategy is that no conservatives would be confused as to who the enemy really is.

But Republicans who vote against guns and fiscal conservatism tend to lose their seats over the long run.

jkr
02-19-2018, 06:08 PM

This

A MILLION TIMES THIS

r3volution 3.0
02-19-2018, 06:28 PM
If you think about it, it makes perfect sense that gun control would come under a GOP administration.

The GOP base would go absolutely ballistic (perhaps literally) if a Democrat did it, because they'd be suspicious of the motive.

Whereas, if a GOPer does it, they're more inclined to rationalize it away as some kind of necessary evil, as FOX is doing now.

It may be that nothing happens, but we're closer now than we've been in years, IMO.

specsaregood
02-19-2018, 06:58 PM
I wonder how much sales have increased?

Obama was the best gun salesman the nation had seen.

gun makers have suffered of late as they had a inventory glut, due to mass manufacturing expecting a Clinton presidency and sales have been for shit during the Trump regime. This should perk them up.

RonZeplin
02-19-2018, 07:13 PM
"I think I am going to kill people"

The bio on one of his Instagram accounts read, "annihilator."

At one point in the chat, he wrote, "I think I am going to kill people." After a member told him not to say things like that, he said he was just playing.

During one of the anti-Semitic rants in the chat, Cruz spoke of his birth mother, saying, "My real mom was a Jew. I am glad I never met her."
Roger and Lynda Cruz adopted Cruz when he was a child. Roger died in 2004, and Lynda died last fall after an illness.

In his first message to the chat group, Cruz bragged about writing a letter to President Donald Trump -- and receiving a response. CNN reached out to the White House for comment about any correspondence to and from Cruz but has not heard back.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/02/16/us/exclusive-school-shooter-instagram-group/index.html

If true, this is looking like a Trump false flag anti-2a op.

enhanced_deficit
02-19-2018, 08:06 PM
There is some momentum building on this as a a broader alliance of traditional gun control groups, child rights activists, dronegansta lobbies, Tump neocons seem to be emerging. But if they did this, Trump/Jarvanka neocons may have to run on Dem ticket in 2020 as they would lose GOP bases.