PDA

View Full Version : Jeff Sessions is a racist for referring to Anglo-American legal heritage

Anti Federalist
02-14-2018, 12:44 PM
And so what if he did mean what this dimbulb thought he meant?

What these progressive Bolshevik useful idiots constantly denounce as "racist" is the basis of a system of law and government that is the only thing that stands between them and mobs throwing them off roofs or beheading them or chopping them to pieces with machetes, for being weirdosexuals, or belonging to the wrong religion or belonging to the wrong tribe, as routinely happens under "governments of color" around the world.

Of course they know this, and that's the point: they want to get in on some of that killing as well. Only way that can be done is to tear down the structures and legal protections for every individual, and they have been wildly successful at that.

Gavin Newsom: Jeff Sessions ‘Outright Racist’ for Praising ‘Anglo-American’ Legal Traditions

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2018/02/13/gavin-newsom-jeff-sessions-outright-racist-praising-anglo-american-legal-traditions/

by Tony Lee 13 Feb 2018

California Lieutenant Governor and gubernatorial candidate Gavin Newsom called Attorney General Jeff Sessions an “outright racist” on Monday evening for saying that sheriffs are a “critical part of the Anglo-American heritage of law enforcement.”

“Reminder that our Attorney General is an outright racist who wants us all to acknowledge ‘Anglo-American heritage,’” tweeted Newsom, who is running to lead the “Resistance State.”

Reminder that our Attorney General is an outright racist who wants us all to acknowledge "Anglo-American heritage." pic.twitter.com/5YL2iIl2Mv

— Gavin Newsom (@GavinNewsom) February 13, 2018

Sessions made his factually accurate remarks while addressing the National Sheriffs Association, pointing out from where the unique concept of a sheriff originated, as Breitbart News noted:

The concept of a “sheriff” dates back more than 1000 years to pre-Norman Conquest Anglo-Saxon England where the “shire reeve” (the origin of the term sheriff) was a representative the King who operated with great independence to do justice at the local level. The sheriff as the enforcement wing of a local court is a unique feature of the English common law tradition from which our own legal system almost entirely derives.

Only countries like the United States, who inherit their “common law” legal systems from that of England, keep the tradition of the sheriff alive. Consequentially, outside of the United Kingdom and America, there are sheriffs in the former British Colonies of Australia, Nigeria, Canada, South Africa, and even India, where the office survives as a ceremonial position of honor.

In America, sheriffs are uniquely prominent elected officials responsible for virtually all state and local courts’ enforcement and, outside of major cities, much of the policing.

Liberals and legacy media reporters, who were never offended when then-Senator Barack Obama and members of Obama’s administration spoke about America’s Anglo-American legal heritage, immediately lost their minds after Sessions’ remarks, claiming Sessions revealed his racial insensitivity and animus.

A Department of Justice spokesman, Ian Prior, had to explain to legacy media outlets like CNN that “Anglo-American” is another way of saying common law and is regularly used among those in the legal community.

“As most law students learn in the first week of their first year, Anglo-American law — also known as the common law — is a shared legal heritage between England and America. The sheriff is unique to that shared legal heritage. Before reporters sloppily imply nefarious meaning behind the term, we would suggest that they read any number of the Supreme Court opinions that use the term. Or they could simply put ‘Anglo-American law’ into Google,” Prior explained to outlets like CNN.

timosman
02-14-2018, 12:46 PM
Gavin Newsom, your future POTUS.

Anti Federalist
02-14-2018, 12:53 PM
The world is watching what we do today in America. They will know what we do here today, and they will treat all of us accordingly in the future—our soldiers, our diplomats, our journalists, anybody who travels beyond these borders. I hope we remember this as we go forward. I sincerely hope we can protect what has been called the "great writ"—a writ that has been in place in the Anglo-American legal system for over 700 years. - Barack Obama 27 Sept 2006

RJB
02-14-2018, 01:19 PM
I actually stepped into this shitstorm on Fedbook. I have shied away from politics there since 2016, but this has to be the pinnacle of stupidity. If it goes even higher, F--. I can't take this shit if Anglo American is offensive when talking from a legal/historical perspective. This is completely asinine!

Anti Federalist
02-14-2018, 01:28 PM
I actually stepped into this shitstorm on Fedbook. I have shied away from politics there since 2016, but this has to be the pinnacle of stupidity. If it goes even higher, F--. I can't take this shit if Anglo American is offensive when talking from a legal/historical perspective. This is completely asinine!

I can only imagine...well, it illustrates something significant, whether anybody wants to admit it or not:

There really is a ongoing and concerted effort to scrub anything related to white, western European American heritage, including a legal system of defined and unbreakable individual rights, limited government and private property rights, from the public sphere.

RJB
02-14-2018, 01:38 PM
I can only imagine...well, it illustrates something significant, whether anybody wants to admit it or not:

There really is a ongoing and concerted effort to scrub anything related to white, western European American heritage, including a legal system of defined and unbreakable individual rights, limited government and private property rights, from the public sphere.

Yeah. This may be my line in the sand. I can keep quiet with a lot of the silliness of SJWs, but not this.

Brian4Liberty
02-14-2018, 01:40 PM
In the Hispanic vernacular, "Anglo" is synonymous with white. Newsom is playing to California voters.

kahless
02-14-2018, 01:50 PM

True and those that oppose it will be called old white racists, followed by audience laughs, being ostracized and loss of career.

As the left pushes harder on this I see the backbone of whites thickening. At least far stronger backbone than in 2015. Now at least there is some opposition but only so far some mentions on Fox News, something that would have been unheard of a couple years ago on that channel. This forum shows a bit a backbone to since threads and comments like yours would typically result in shouts of racism and bans only a couple years ago.

timosman
02-14-2018, 02:05 PM
In the Hispanic vernacular, "Anglo" is synonymous with white. Newsom is playing to California future voters.

ftfy

dannno
02-14-2018, 02:39 PM

Fortunately there is somebody on youtube who reaches millions of people and goes on and on and on about this problem almost every other day.

Brian4Liberty
02-14-2018, 03:09 PM
The world is watching what we do today in America. They will know what we do here today, and they will treat all of us accordingly in the future—our soldiers, our diplomats, our journalists, anybody who travels beyond these borders. I hope we remember this as we go forward. I sincerely hope we can protect what has been called the "great writ"—a writ that has been in place in the Anglo-American legal system for over 700 years. - Barack Obama 27 Sept 2006

Nice rebuttal.

kahless
02-14-2018, 03:12 PM
Fortunately there is somebody on youtube who reaches millions of people and goes on and on and on about this problem almost every other day.

Millions of people, who? I have not listened to Alex Jones in a long time and do not remember him talking about these things, him?

Anti Federalist
02-14-2018, 03:23 PM
True and those that oppose it will be called old white racists, followed by audience laughs, being ostracized and loss of career.

As the left pushes harder on this I see the backbone of whites thickening. At least far stronger backbone than in 2015. Now at least there is some opposition but only so far some mentions on Fox News, something that would have been unheard of a couple years ago on that channel. This forum shows a bit a backbone to since threads and comments like yours would typically result in shouts of racism and bans only a couple years ago.

I wish it hadn't come to this.

We supported a presidential candidate that was as wholesome as grape nuts: a straight arrow, benevolent, humble and kind in his personal life, who wanted nothing more than maximum freedom for every individual to live life life as they see fit.

He was thoroughly rejected by the vast majority of AmeriKunt voters, who hate peace, freedom and individual liberty.

In the ten years gone, there has festered and grown a violent, hateful and powerful Bolshevik left that is not satisfied with "winning" politically or in the realm of ideas, but rather wants any opposition destroyed, disenfranchised or dead.

And that target, I've found, is placed squarely on my back.

So yeah, normally I would not have had these issues on my radar screen, but they are now, and those backbones better stiffen, and right fucking quickly.

The opposition is not playing games.

Anti Federalist
02-14-2018, 03:24 PM
Nice rebuttal.

Thanks.

You Twitter don't you?

Send that out.

AuH20
02-14-2018, 03:26 PM
White so-called 'progressives' are the most dangerous in the nation. At least, some minorities are acting out of ignorance, but these statements are part of a cold & calculated strategy.

dannno
02-14-2018, 03:48 PM
Millions of people, who? I have not listened to Alex Jones in a long time and do not remember him talking about these things, him?

Stefan Molyneux has almost a million subscribers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BUELmc9fY7c

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s_UJws5WpKY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a4pPLwAL_Qo

PierzStyx
02-14-2018, 04:36 PM
In the Hispanic vernacular, "Anglo" is synonymous with white. Newsom is playing to California voters.

That is what Anglo means in every vernacular, including our own.

Brian4Liberty
02-14-2018, 04:43 PM

:rolleyes:

Anglo is a prefix indicating a relation to the Angles, England, the English people, or the English language, such as in the term Anglo-Saxon language. It is often used alone, somewhat loosely, to refer to people of British Isles descent in the Americas, New Zealand, South Africa and Australia. It is also used, both in English-speaking and non-English-speaking countries, to refer to Anglophone people of other European origins.

Anglo is a Late Latin prefix used to denote English- in conjunction with another toponym or demonym. The word is derived from Anglia, the Latin name for England, and still used in the modern name for its eastern region, East Anglia. Anglia and England both mean land of the Angles, a Germanic people originating in the north German peninsula of Angeln, that is, the region of today's Lower Saxony that joins the Jutland Peninsula and thus forms an angle, so the Romans named it "Angulus".
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anglo

Gumba of Liberty
02-14-2018, 04:44 PM
We can be law-abiding Anglos or lawless Vikings. Your choice.

Swordsmyth
02-14-2018, 04:45 PM

Nope, it refers to the English who descend from the Angles as well as the Saxons.

PierzStyx
02-14-2018, 04:46 PM
Democrats playing the race card is nothing new.

How all of you are letting the real issue- that Sessions openly praised the War on Drugs, the growing police state, and calls for intensifying violence against people using drugs AND Breitbart is supportive of that- slip through your fingers?

From the original Breitbart article:

But as we all know, violent crime statistics and drug overdose rates are not numbers — we’re talking about moms, dads, daughters, spouses, friends, and neighbors.

We will not stand by and watch violence and addiction rise. Plain and simple, we will not allow the progress made by our women and men in blue over the past two decades to simply slip through our fingers. We will not cede one community, one block, or one street corner to violent thugs or poison peddlers. We will protect the poor as well as the rich.

-Jeff Sessions

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2018/02/12/jeff-sessions-addresses-sheriffs-media-democrats-imply-hes-a-racist-for-mentioning-anglo-american-legal-tradition/

And of course, his statement about sheriffs -in this case the sheriffs since he was at am meeting of the National Sheriff's Association- takes on a more revealing position as police state bootlicking.

Of course BB doesn't have a problem with this as that is the essential position of the Left, whether in its Republican form or its Democrat form, to praise those carrying out the violent will of the state in demonizing and attacking people for their narcotics usage.

Swordsmyth
02-14-2018, 04:52 PM
Democrats playing the race card is nothing new.

How all of you are letting the real issue- that Sessions openly praised the War on Drugs, the growing police state, and calls for intensifying violence against people using drugs AND Breitbart is supportive of that- slip through your fingers?

From the original Breitbart article:

And of course, his statement about sheriffs -in this case the sheriffs since he was at am meeting of the National Sheriff's Association- takes on a more revealing position as police state bootlicking.

Of course BB doesn't have a problem with this as that is the essential position of the Left, whether in its Republican form or its Democrat form, to praise those carrying out the violent will of the state in demonizing and attacking people for their narcotics usage.

We already know Sessions is a drug warrior.

I've been complaining about him for quite some time now.

It is a nice distraction from your attempt to defend the leftist racists and getting your head handed to you over your linguistic ignorance though.