PDA

View Full Version : ACLU Sues Alabama for “Blatant Cruelty” to Transgenders

Swordsmyth
02-13-2018, 04:03 PM
The ACLU is suing the Alabama Law Enforcement Agency on behalf of a group of transgender individuals who are claiming discrimination because of the agency's requirement that they show proof of gender surgery before the state will change the gender designation on their driver's licenses.
In announcing the suit, ACLU attorney Gabriel Arkles declared that “anyone who is eligible for a license should be able to get one that they can use without sacrificing their privacy, safety, health, autonomy or dignity.”
One of the plaintiffs in the case, identified as Darcy Corbitt, said he/she was humiliated when applying for a driver’s license when the clerk discussed Corbitt's gender identity in the license bureau’s crowded office space, at one point allegedly referring to Corbitt as “it.”
The gender-confused Corbitt complained that “I was subjected to the most blatant cruelty another human being had ever inflicted on me.”
In its press release announcing the legal action, the ACLU said that “Alabama is one of nine states that still demands proof of surgery from transgender people before issuing an accurate driver’s license. For many transgender people, gender-confirming surgical procedures are an important, necessary form of medical care. But not all transgender people need or want surgery, and others can’t afford to get the treatment they need.”
All of which means that such individuals are required by Alabama to claim the gender with which they were born — a common-sense requirement the ACLU wants removed.

More at: https://www.thenewamerican.com/culture/item/28265-aclu-sues-alabama-for-blatant-cruelty-to-transgenders

Slave Mentality
02-13-2018, 04:08 PM
“I was subjected to the most blatant cruelty another human being had ever inflicted on me.”

I would say Shim has a pretty good life then.

Anti Federalist
02-13-2018, 04:27 PM
I am about fair sick and tired of hearing about the weirdosexuals and their continuous bitching and laundry lists of petty gripes.

Why not make the case that there shouldn't be such a thing as driver's licenses for ID, instead of just seeking self validation for your perversions?

Danke
02-13-2018, 04:39 PM
I thought that is transsexual. Transgender just means what you identify as, likes HB.

Swordsmyth
02-13-2018, 04:40 PM
I thought that is transsexual. Transgender just means what you identify as

The correct term for all of them is "freaks".

phill4paul
02-13-2018, 04:43 PM
I am about fair sick and tired of hearing about the weirdosexuals and their continuous bitching and laundry lists of petty gripes.

Why not make the case that there shouldn't be such a thing as driver's licenses for ID, instead of just seeking self validation for your perversions?

You an me both, brother.

phill4paul
02-13-2018, 04:44 PM
at one point allegedly referring to Corbitt as “it.”

Back in my "hair days" I could have pulled that off.

fedupinmo
02-13-2018, 10:22 PM
I would say Shim has a pretty good life then.

It would suck to always be stuck in the crack.

https://www.lowes.com/projects/images/how-tos/Windows-Doors/she-shed-frenchdoor-shimedges.jpg