PDA

View Full Version : Trump Proposes Eliminating Federal Funding for PBS, NPR

Swordsmyth
02-12-2018, 02:42 PM
President Trump (http://thehill.com/people/donald-trump)'s newly proposed budget includes a proposal to end federal funding for the Corporation for Public Broadcasting (CPB), part of a package that includes $300 billion in new spending overall.

CPB provides federal funding for PBS and National Public Radio stations.

"The Budget proposes to eliminate Federal funding for the Corporation for Public Broadcasting (CPB) over a two year period," according to the proposal.

"CPB grants represent a small share of the total funding for the Public Broadcasting Service (PBS) and National Public Radio (NPR), which primarily rely on private donations to fund their operations," it continues.

"To conduct an orderly transition away from Federal funding, the Budget requests $15.5 million in 2019 and $15 million in 2020, which would include funding for personnel costs of $16.2 million, rental costs of $8.9 million; and other costs totaling $5.4 million."

More at: http://thehill.com/homenews/media/373434-trump-proposes-eliminating-federal-funding-for-pbs-npr

TheCount
02-12-2018, 09:55 PM
They should just be moved to be part of the post office where they belong.

Working Poor
02-12-2018, 10:57 PM
LOL NPR can't say one kind word about Trump so why would he want to fund them?

milgram
02-13-2018, 12:10 AM
I don't want these things funded, but Trump is only doing this so he can afford 3 extra bombs

Ender
02-13-2018, 01:19 AM
I don't want these things funded, but Trump is only doing this so he can afford 3 extra bombs

LOL- agree. ;)

I'd be much more impressed if Trump was getting the country out of continuous meddling and wars; I'm sure that's a lot more expensive than PBS.

dannno
02-13-2018, 01:54 AM
I'm sure that's a lot more expensive than PBS.

Leftist propaganda costs more than you think.

angelatc
02-13-2018, 01:59 AM
Leftist propaganda costs more than you think.

NPR - I live in the middle of nowhere and we get 4 or 5 NPR stations. Waste of resources. Unless you're a Democrat.

dannno
02-13-2018, 02:02 AM
NPR - I live in the middle of nowhere and we get 4 or 5 NPR stations. Waste of resources. Unless you're a Democrat.

Oh ya but those aren't even the costs I was referring to.

angelatc
02-13-2018, 02:26 AM
Oh ya but those aren't even the costs I was referring to.

I heard you.

We went through this about 5 years ago. The leftists here were especially aggressive about Sesame Street. Then PBS got the funding, then promptly sold the show to HBO anyway.