PDA

View Full Version : DoJ David Laufman Quits (He knows the REAL story)

goldenequity
02-08-2018, 08:48 AM
He's NOT a 'good guy'. He 'inherited' all the dark secrets of the NSD. Now he's bailing too. Rats are scurrying.
(he was left holding the bag :) )

https://i0.wp.com/www.dangerandplay.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/02/David-Laufman.jpg?fit=264%2C317&ssl=1

DOJ National Security Division Official, David Laufman, Quits…
https://theconservativetreehouse.com/2018/02/08/doj-national-security-division-official-david-laufman-quits/

David Laufman was the Department of Justice, National Security Division, Deputy Asst. Attorney General
in charge of counterintelligence, cyber security, counterespionage and export controls.

According to the Washington Post, David Laufman resigned effective yesterday, Wednesday February 7th.

Valli6
02-08-2018, 09:40 AM
Isn't there a rule that once these government workers resign, they can no longer be supoenaed?
In other words, they're off the hook and can't be forced to give any information?
I believe I heard Judge Napolitano say something like this. Anyone able to clarify?

Wondering if he resigned by choice to avoid being questioned, or was more actually fired?

jllundqu
02-08-2018, 09:46 AM
Isn't there a rule that once these government workers resign, they can no longer be supoenaed?
In other words, they're off the hook and can't be forced to give any information?
I believe I heard Judge Napolitano say something like this. Anyone able to clarify?

Wondering if he resigned by choice to avoid being questioned, or was more actually fired?

Depends on which lies you'd like to believe... if you buy some of what people are selling, the 'white hat patriots' have already indicted dozens of people and even arrested Obama!

I tend to stay more rational and believe that no one will ever be held accountable. No one will be charged. This will all quietly dwindle away without any justice. If you're not as cynical as me, you haven't been paying attention.

goldenequity
02-08-2018, 10:04 AM

https://www.justice.gov/usam/civil-resource-manual-33-immunity-government-officers-sued-individuals
"immunity conferred by FELRTCA does not extend or apply to suits against federal employees for violation of the Constitution or federal statutes."

They cannot be prosecuted for 'discretionary acts' in their performance as a federal employee...
but
if they violated the Constitution or broke federal statutes (aka 'the law') then their ass is unprotected.
the deposition subpoena must be precisely worded and specific... aka they can't go 'fishing'.

CCTelander
02-08-2018, 10:45 AM
Depends on which lies you'd like to believe... if you buy some of what people are selling, the 'white hat patriots' have already indicted dozens of people and even arrested Obama!

I tend to stay more rational and believe that no one will ever be held accountable. No one will be charged. This will all quietly dwindle away without any justice. If you're not as cynical as me, you haven't been paying attention.

^^^^This.

All these claims that any significant number of these criminals are going to wind up in prison is simplly self-delusion as far as I'm concerned. I sincerely hope I'm wrong, but my experience and observations tell me it ain't gonna happen.

shakey1
02-08-2018, 10:56 AM

^^^^This.

All these claims that any significant number of these criminals are going to wind up in prison is simplly self-delusion as far as I'm concerned. I sincerely hope I'm wrong, but my experience and observations tell me it ain't gonna happen.

yeah, pretty much.

donnay
02-08-2018, 11:13 AM

*Ahem* Michael Flynn?

asurfaholic
02-08-2018, 11:26 AM
Not to make this a circle jerk... but....

Reality tells me that nobody is going to go down because in doing so the whole lot gets exposed. All of them. Nobody is willing to clean house or drain the swamp.

BTW- draining the swamp was a premeditated lie. That fug face trump is a liar and a crook just like the rest of the trash in Washington. He’s easily on the same level as Clinton.

seapilot
02-08-2018, 12:32 PM
^^^^This.

Same here. Better to be cynical based on history that nothing much will happen. That way if something does happen, we can pleasantly be surprised and happily admit we were wrong.

seapilot
02-08-2018, 12:38 PM

Quitting might also mean taking an early retirement and keeping their benefit package. If they did break laws while actively employed they would have to give info or be fired. If they get fired no benefits or pensions. Better to quit if they sense things are heating up and get out early. Also they can plead the fifth as they are not longer actively employed.

Swordsmyth
02-08-2018, 03:35 PM
I take an absolutely neutral point of view, it is less depressing than cynicism while preventing me from being disappointed and allowing me to be pleasantly surprised.

I was more cynical in order to avoid any disappointments but DJTvsg has already exceeded those cynical expectations so I moved to neutral.