PDA

View Full Version : Super Bowl Security Has Turned Minneapolis Into A Military Police State

DamianTV
02-04-2018, 08:40 PM
https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2018-02-04/super-bowl-security-has-turned-minneapolis-military-police-state

Authored by Aaron Nelson via TheAntiMedia.org,

The Department of Homeland Security has designated Super Bowl LII a National Special Security Event (an event deemed a potential target for terrorism or criminal activity) with a SEAR-I classification. The National Guard, federal agencies, and law enforcement from across the country have been patrolling Minneapolis and Saint Paul since January 26th.

While security around the Super Bowl has been openly militarized every year since the 9/11 attacks, only three have been labeled National Special Security Events, including this year’s. Since 2001, every city except Houston (which had over 5,000 police officers) has called in the National Guard to provide additional security on the streets.

SEAR-I is an event “of such magnitude and significant national and/or international importance that may require the full support of the United States Government (USG). The scale and scope of these events requires significant coordination among federal, state, and local authorities and warrants pre-deployment of federal assets as well as consultation, technical advice, and support to specific functional areas in which the state and local agencies may lack expertise or key resources.”

In its 52-year history, there has never been an attack at the site of the Super Bowl, which raises questions about the need for SEAR-I classification.

More than a dozen streets have been shut down at three major points within downtown Minneapolis: the Minneapolis Convention Center (NFL Super Bowl Experience), Nicollet Mall (Super Bowl LIVE), and the site of the game, U.S. Bank Stadium. These areas are guarded and patrolled by militarized forces.

https://www.zerohedge.com/sites/default/files/styles/inline_image_desktop/public/inline-images/20180204_SB1.jpg?itok=x_DwZrER

Full article on link.

---

Sports gatherings are more important than your stupid rights. Mundanes are so silly to think they have rights, ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha haha ha.

euphemia
02-04-2018, 09:32 PM
I think the era of game day fun is over.

timosman
02-04-2018, 10:03 PM
I think the era of game day fun is over.

FTFY

The Northbreather
02-04-2018, 10:33 PM
Gotta protect the top recruitment opportunity of the year. Very important indeed.

timosman
02-04-2018, 10:34 PM
Gotta protect the top recruitment opportunity of the year. Very important indeed.

We get the best recruits there. Cannon fodder extravaganza.

Indy Vidual
02-04-2018, 11:01 PM
Well, at least the game was really good this time. :)

Anti Federalist
02-04-2018, 11:06 PM
Why any sane person pays any attention at all to this orgy of state glorification right alongside "entertainment" of the crudest and most vile sort, is beyond me.

Just start slaying heretics, Christians and political prisoners already.

Anti Federalist
02-04-2018, 11:07 PM
Why any sane person pays any attention at all to this orgy of state glorification right alongside "entertainment" of the crudest and most vile sort, is beyond me.

timosman
02-04-2018, 11:09 PM

We will have this and even more when we return from the break. :cool:

DamianTV
02-05-2018, 02:18 AM
Glorification of Televised Violence

... unless someone gets offended by the National Anthem and takes a knee...