PDA

View Full Version : Border Patrol arrests ASU instructor who gave food, water to Illegal Aliens

RonZeplin
02-04-2018, 07:30 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v9rNoIgEzcs

Border Patrol arrests ASU instructor who gave food, water to immigrants (http://www.12news.com/article/news/local/arizona/border-patrol-arrests-asu-instructor-who-gave-food-water-to-immigrants/75-510612053)

The arrest came hours after the group released videos showing some Border Patrol agents kicking over water bottles left for immigrants.

PHOENIX (AP) - A volunteer for group that offers aid to immigrants crossing the desert has been arrested in southern Arizona. He is also an instructor at Arizona State University, the school confirmed to 12 News.

The arrest of Scott Daniel Warren on a federal harboring charge came several hours after the group No More Deaths released videos last week showing some Border Patrol agents kicking over water bottles left for immigrants.

READ: The attorney representing Warren says the timing of the arrest is suspicious (http://www.12news.com/news/local/arizona/asu-instructors-arrest-by-border-patrol-is-retaliation-attorney-says/510947370)

Warren is an ASU instructor currently teaching an online environmental studies course.

"Mr. Warren was not acting in his capacity as an ASU employee at the time of the alleged incident and we have no reason to believe it will impact his ability to fulfill his current duty with the university," a university spokesperson said in a statement to 12 News.

Group volunteer Caitlin Deighan stopped short of calling the arrest retaliation, but says she believes it looks suspicious to have charged Warren so close to the release of the videos.

The Border Patrol didn't immediately respond to an email seeking comment on Deighan's claim that the timing of the arrest was suspicious.

Warren was arrested Wednesday after agents conducted surveillance on a building in Ajo where two immigrants were given food, water, beds and clean clothes.
12 News contributed to this report.

kahless
02-04-2018, 07:44 PM
Arrests for humanitarian efforts certainly a bad PR move by the border patrol. More to the story maybe, or dumb asses in border patrol?

CCTelander
02-04-2018, 07:54 PM
Let that be a lesson to him. Never, ever, EVER expose the true nature of the state and it's functionaries. Ever.

RonZeplin
02-04-2018, 08:02 PM
Arrests for humanitarian efforts certainly a bad PR move by the border patrol. More to the story maybe, or dumb asses in border patrol?

They're participants in crime, accessories. I've busted Border Angels/Water Stations jugs, and removed their marker flags myself.

https://www.law.whittier.edu/images/uploads/contentPhotos/water-barrel-flag-250.jpg

This Water Stations criminal invasion assistance organization operates in San Diego & Imperial counties, CA.

https://www.law.whittier.edu/index/news/article/wls-students-organize-border-water-drop-for-migrants-in-southern-california

Swordsmyth
02-04-2018, 09:29 PM
They're participants in crime, accessories.

This Water Stations criminal invasion assistance organization operates in San Diego & Imperial counties, CA.

https://www.law.whittier.edu/index/news/article/wls-students-organize-border-water-drop-for-migrants-in-southern-california

They're more than that, they're collaborators and traitors.

pcosmar
02-04-2018, 09:57 PM

Authoritarians are like that.

timosman
02-04-2018, 10:05 PM
They're more than that, they're collaborators and traitors.

Not according to the stupid yankees, brother Emmanuel.:cool:

phill4paul
02-04-2018, 10:11 PM
I've busted Border Angels/Water Stations jugs, and removed their marker flags myself.

Hero. You. Busting jugs instead of fighting the federal government for your beliefs. You sir are a real patriot. Fuck a bunch of water and food to those in need. Jesus warned us against it.

timosman
02-04-2018, 10:15 PM
Hero. You. Busting jugs instead of fighting the federal government for your beliefs. You sir are a real patriot. Fuck a bunch of water and food to those in need. Jesus warned us against it.

Jesus never managed a majority.:cool:

pao
02-04-2018, 10:30 PM
Not sure how I feel about this.

Does knowing that water will be available as they travel through the desert encourage more people to risk the journey?

Are those providing the water actually putting more people at risk? Or does it balance out...

Statistically - Do more people die when fewer cross only having the water carry, or is there more death when more people cross but more water is available?

timosman
02-04-2018, 10:33 PM
What's wrong with the guy?

CCTelander
02-04-2018, 10:41 PM

"Let them eat cake" conservatism at its finest.

Swordsmyth
02-04-2018, 10:43 PM
Not sure how I feel about this.

Does knowing that water will be available as they travel through the desert encourage more people to risk the journey?

Are those providing the water actually putting more people at risk? Or does it balance out...

Statistically - Do more people die when fewer cross only having the water carry, or is there more death when more people cross but more water is available?

Is there enough gold for everyone in a gold rush?

Putting out the water and letting it be known that you do causes more deaths than there would be if you didn't, more people will come than you can put out enough water to save.

Not to mention the whole aiding and abetting a criminal invasion thing.

timosman
02-04-2018, 11:02 PM
Putting out the water and letting it be known that you do causes more deaths than there would be if you didn't, more people will come than you can put out enough water to save.

The amount of joy it provided for the liberal's heart can not be measured by anything on this planet. :cool:

timosman
02-04-2018, 11:04 PM
Fuck a bunch of water and food to those in need.

Did they get lost? Couldn't they use GPS and cross the border like everybody else? How did the situation come about?

RonZeplin
02-04-2018, 11:06 PM
Hero. You. Busting jugs instead of fighting the federal government for your beliefs. You sir are a real patriot. $#@! a bunch of water and food to those in need. Jesus warned us against it.

You have no facts for your crackpot allegations, so you just make some crap up. You're living in a fantasy world. :rolleyes:

Dream on....

pao
02-04-2018, 11:39 PM
"Is there enough gold for everyone in a gold rush?

Not to mention the whole aiding and abetting a criminal invasion thing." - Swordsmyth

I wonder how many people supporting these types of water drop offs would still support the practice if they realized it likely leads to more people dying.

timosman
02-04-2018, 11:41 PM
I wonder how many people supporting these types of water drop offs would still support the practice if they realized it likely leads to more people dying.

What you are saying is what we need here is some good talking-to? No wonder Hillary is still not in jail.

Swordsmyth
02-04-2018, 11:44 PM

Most of them would deny it and remain willfully ignorant, like the greenies who pretend that electric cars and ethanol are "clean" in spite of the facts.

timosman
02-04-2018, 11:49 PM
Most of them would deny it and remain willfully ignorant, like the greenies who pretend that electric cars and ethanol are "clean" in spite of the facts.

Tesla, yum, yum ....

pao
02-04-2018, 11:50 PM
What you are saying is what we need here is some good talking-to? No wonder Hillary is still not in jail.

I'm sorry, but I don't understand your comment.

r3volution 3.0
02-05-2018, 01:42 AM
Border Patrol arrests ASU instructor who gave food, water to Illegal Aliens

I'm so proud that this is what the people who steal money from me do with that money..

timosman
02-05-2018, 02:30 AM
I'm so proud that this is what the people who steal money from me do with that money..

Do people in your parish share this feeling?:cool:

acptulsa
02-05-2018, 07:48 AM
Let that be a lesson to him. Never, ever, EVER expose the true nature of the state and it's functionaries. Ever.

Once they ban elections no doubt they'll lighten up a little.

"Let them eat cake" conservatism at its finest.

I think we went a step beyond that. We have achieved, "Let them pound sand."

Is there enough gold for everyone in a gold rush?

Not to mention the whole aiding and abetting a criminal invasion thing.

Letting what be known? No one said any of these people advertised the water stops. As far as I can tell, there was no publicity until this property was destroyed by the government with no reason and no rationale.

So if they didn't advertise their water stations, but only publicized the fact that the government destroyed them (is destruction of private property not illegal?), how is that encouraging anything?

And how is that 'aiding an invasion' any more than, say, gas stations providing free air? Do coyotes not use that compressed air in the tires that carry illegals? Should we deprive ourselves of free compressed air for fear of illegal aliens?

Gold in the gold rush. If you want to take the gold out of the gold rush, you cut off welfare. If you don't want to worry about a lack of gold, you stop crushing small business. What you don't do is punish people for giving water to humans who are dying of thirst. Not if you call yourself a Christian. Not if you call yourself a human being.

Death for disobedience is a little too fascist for libertarian tastes.

Good thing those compassionate liberals are so quick to accuse people who deplore high taxes of lacking compassion. Just think how many dead brown babies would still be alive if those anti-high-taxes meanies had their way!

RonZeplin
02-05-2018, 01:02 PM
Letting what be known? No one said any of these people advertised the water stops. As far as I can tell, there was no publicity until this property was destroyed by the government with no reason and no rationale.

So if they didn't advertise their water stations, but only publicized the fact that the government destroyed them (is destruction of private property not illegal?), how is that encouraging anything?

This Water Station organization has a web page with volunteer and gofundme links. They advertise on both sides of the border. It was founded by, and is run by ex-congressman Duncan Hunter's(R) brother. https://waterstations.org/board-of-directors/

Why has President Trump not canceled this criminal outfit's BLM permits? And AG Jeff Sessions is busting people for pot.

Volunteers
(https://waterstations.org/volunteers/)
Join Water Station for “FUN UNDER THE SUN” (https://waterstations.org/volunteers/)

Water Station in the only Non Profit organization that has the legal permits to operate, install and maintain the water stations from The Bureau of Land Management, and the Anza Borrego State Park.
We maintain friendly relations with the Border Patrol.
Your support can help us add more stations and save more lives!

For more information please contact us: