PDA

View Full Version : Tennessee student suspended after viral anti-bullying video hurts feelings of principal

Swordsmyth
02-03-2018, 12:04 AM
A Tennessee high school student was suspended after her principal complained her viral anti-bullying video hurt his feelings and those of teachers, as well.
Emily Gipson, 16, a junior at Lebanon High School, said school administrators accused her of “trying to incite violence” and gave her a two-day-in-school suspension for the video entitled “Welcome to Lebanon High School,” posted Jan. 22 on her YouTube channel.
The video, which as of Thursday had more than 760,000 views, showed Gipson asking other students to treat each other better. Gipson said she decided to make the video after a classmate, Allie Johnson, committed suicide in October. Her friends told News 4 Johnson was bullied before she took her own life.

“I’ve seen problems with bullying, problems with bullying not being dealt with, and I feel like some things are just put aside,” Gipson told News 4 (http://www.wsmv.com/story/37378083/lebanon-student-punished-after-anti-bullying-video-goes-viral).

“It’s not just about Lebanon," Gipson explained. "It’s about everywhere because everywhere does have these problems. Anywhere I can make a difference I’d love to.”
In the video, Gipson criticized her peers’ reaction to the "Stop It" app the Wilson County school had put out in response to Johnson’s death.
Gipson also slammed school administration for not letting students be creative and not punishing those who bully.
"Posters say 'Smile' and 'Be happy,' but how am I supposed to be happy in a world — no, in a community — where creativity is put down, where the people who make fun of others never get punished because 'There's no proof,' or 'There's nothing we can do about it,' or, my favorite, 'Kids will be kids,'" she said in the video.
"So let's summarize: We're expected to come to this emotional prison every day, and we're expected to forgive the bullies because the authorities are sure they didn't mean it. Sometimes I wonder how many kids it takes dying to make a difference."
Scott Walters, the principal of Lebanon High School, told The Lebanon Democrat that he could not discuss Gipson’s punishment but claimed the video hurt his feelings and those of teachers, too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tf4IHuO_RZw

More at: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2018/02/01/tennessee-student-suspended-after-viral-anti-bullying-video-hurts-feelings-principal-and-teachers.html

nobody's_hero
02-03-2018, 03:09 PM
Sissies everywhere.

Weston White
02-04-2018, 07:36 AM
Proof positive. The administrators and teaching staff of public schools are more juvenile than those they are charged with overseeing each day. Libtard bitches and whores.

Nice to see that Gibson is already awake.

CCTelander
02-04-2018, 10:06 AM
Bullying will never be eliminated from public schools for the simple reason that TPTB don't want it eli minated. It's an integral part of the processes of forcing uniformity and brutalizing any semblence of creativity and critical thinking skills out of the kids. Far from being discouraged, it is encouraged by school authorities routinely. Witness the fact that in the overwhelming majority of cases the victim is punished in exactly the same manner as the aggressor and no effort at all is made to determins which is which.

Once we realized this fact, our kids were all instructed to defend themselves, regardless of the "rules," and that so long as it actually was self-defense we would always back them up. And we did. From then on none of our kids were ever bullied.

Raginfridus
02-04-2018, 10:49 AM
Public Education is indoctrination. Frankly, what little remains with us is useless data, and the books and essays we should know are so offensive to the thought police that they must be read and discussed in private. Few books worth a damn are fit for "public" consumption, let alone discussions that must grow from them.

euphemia
02-04-2018, 11:27 AM
I hope this girl's parents care enough about her to home school.

euphemia
02-04-2018, 11:29 AM
Link (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?518987-John-Taylor-Gatto-The-Purpose-Of-Schooling-(in-America)) to John Taylor Gotto: The Purpose of Schooling in America.

CCTelander
02-04-2018, 12:40 PM
Japanese saying: "The nail that sticks up will be pounded down."

Bullies are one of the hammers.

ETA In the American public school version of the Japanese proverb.