PDA

View Full Version : Trump says he wants to talk to Mueller, would do so under oath

Zippyjuan
01-25-2018, 06:05 PM
https://www.cnn.com/2018/01/24/politics/robert-mueller-donald-trump/index.html

Trump has said this previously. His lawyer says he won't.

Washington (CNN)President Donald Trump told reporters on Wednesday that he would talk to special counsel Robert Mueller under oath and looks forward to the opportunity, but that he will listen to the advice of his lawyers.

Trump made the comments to a group of reporters who were meeting with chief of staff John Kelly at the White House.

"I am looking forward to it, actually," Trump said, when asked if he was going to talk to Mueller. "Here is the story: There has been no collusion whatsoever. There is no obstruction whatsoever. And I am looking forward to it."

Trump suggested that people could wrongly construe his attempts to "fight back" against the investigation as obstruction.

"Now they're saying, 'Oh, well, did he fight back?' " Trump said of Mueller's investigation. "You fight back, 'Oh, it's obstruction.' "

Trump, during his exchange with reporters on Wednesday, said his interview would be "subject to my lawyers" but that he would personally like to do it.
Trump later said he would do the interview under oath.

"I would do it under oath. I would do it," he said, later adding, "I would do it under oath, yeah."

Responding to Trump's comments later Wednesday, White House lawyer Ty Cobb said, "While Mr. Trump was speaking hurriedly before departing for Davos, he remains committed to continued complete cooperation with the OSC and is looking forward to speaking with Mr. Mueller."

Cobb added that the arrangements are still being worked out between Mueller's team and the President's personal lawyers.

Swordsmyth
01-25-2018, 06:09 PM
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?518749-Trump-Sure-I%92ll-Talk-To-Mueller-Trump%92s-Lawyer-Oh-God-No

dannno
01-25-2018, 06:10 PM
More fake news from the Zipster.

Trump said he would personally like to talk to Mueller under oath, but said that he would only do it with the approval of his attorneys.

When you take out the last part of what someone says and then say they said something wrong, that is dishonest, ZIPPPPPPYYYY, why do you fake news bro?

juleswin
01-25-2018, 06:13 PM
What if I told you guys that it was the Trump DOJ that hired Robert Mueller not the dems or Bernie Sanders? how would that make you feel for giving this silly story any of your attention?

Yes way, its not fake news look it up :)

Swordsmyth
01-25-2018, 06:18 PM
What if I told you guys that it was the Trump DOJ that hired Robert Mueller not the dems or Bernie Sanders? how would that make you feel for giving this silly story any of your attention?

O'Bummer holdovers.

timosman
01-25-2018, 06:22 PM

Your comments are always depressing. At least tell us how much time do we have left?:cool:

kpitcher
01-25-2018, 08:40 PM
Sure he will, he also said he'd turn over his tax returns...

r3volution 3.0
01-25-2018, 08:44 PM
More fake news from the Zipster.

What specifically is fake news?

Trump did in fact say that he wanted to talk to Mueller under oath.

dannno
01-25-2018, 08:53 PM

Gee, I dunno, it's pretty fucking simple from reading my post but I guess I'll spell it out for you..

In the OP, the media narrative that zippy happily repeats is that Trump said he wanted to talk to Mueller, but his lawyers say he won't - the lawyer's statement contradicting his statement.

That is fake news.

Trump said he wants to talk to Mueller, those are his wishes, butTrump ALSO said he would only do it with approval from his attorneys.. of course.. That is the key part the fake news leaves out, and they do it because they want their stupid bullshit narrative intact that Trump wants to do it, but his lawyers say he won't.

It's the same fucking thing with every fake news story, I've debunked like 400 of them already, and the fact that you are pretending like you don't get it means you are either actually really dumb or you are a paid troll. Either way it's sad.

timosman
01-25-2018, 09:01 PM

For a person spinning pretty elaborate narratives on this site, it seems your comprehension skills are quite subpar. :cool:

r3volution 3.0
01-25-2018, 09:06 PM
Gee, I dunno, it's pretty fucking simple from reading my post but I guess I'll spell it out for you..

In the OP, the media narrative that zippy happily repeats is that Trump said he wanted to talk to Mueller

That's not a media narrative, that's a fact.

but his lawyers say he won't - the lawyer's statement contradicting his statement.

Right, he's an idiot, I agree.

But why is it fake news to say that Trump said he would talk to Mueller under oath, when he did in fact say that?

It's the same fucking thing with every fake news story, I've debunked like 400 of them already

LOL

dannno
01-25-2018, 09:23 PM
For a person spinning pretty elaborate narratives on this site, it seems your comprehension skills are quite subpar. :cool:

Rev3 is off the charts..

This is the kind of obfuscation shit I would ban people for if I was a mod.

timosman
01-25-2018, 09:27 PM
Rev3 is off the charts..

The mods think fighting trolls every day is good for you. it also works wonders for the membership numbers. :cool:

euphemia
01-25-2018, 09:33 PM
Maybe Mueller needs to talk to Trump under oath. Let Trump ask the questions for once.

r3volution 3.0
01-25-2018, 09:35 PM
Rev3 is off the charts..

Trump said that he would be happy to talk to Mueller, under oath - True or False?

r3volution 3.0
01-25-2018, 09:42 PM
The audio is all over the the place dannno, do you want me to post some?

timosman
01-25-2018, 09:43 PM
Maybe Mueller needs to talk to Trump under oath. Let Trump ask the questions for once.

That might be the idea.

timosman
01-25-2018, 09:43 PM
Trump said that he would be happy to talk to Mueller, under oath - True or False?

You and your True or False questions.:cool:

dannno
01-25-2018, 09:47 PM

He said he would like to do it under the condition that his attorneys approved. The media left out the last part to make him look foolish. Fourth time I've pointed it out in this thread. Ball 4 means you walk. You are significantly lowering the collective IQ of the forum. Context is important.

r3volution 3.0
01-25-2018, 09:56 PM
He said he would like to do it under the condition that his attorneys approved.

Right

The media left out the last part to make him look foolish. Fourth time I've pointed it out in this thread. Ball 4 means you walk. You are significantly lowering the collective IQ of the forum.

Tell me what in the OP is factually untrue.

The title reads:

Trump says he wants to talk to Mueller, would do so under oath.

That's a fact.

Zippy said:

Trump has said this previously. His lawyer says he won't.

That's a fact.

And here's the article Zippy posted:

Washington (CNN)President Donald Trump told reporters on Wednesday that he would talk to special counsel Robert Mueller under oath and looks forward to the opportunity, but that he will listen to the advice of his lawyers.
That's a fact.

Trump made the comments to a group of reporters who were meeting with chief of staff John Kelly at the White House.

That's a fact.

"I am looking forward to it, actually," Trump said, when asked if he was going to talk to Mueller. "Here is the story: There has been no collusion whatsoever. There is no obstruction whatsoever. And I am looking forward to it."

That's a fact.

Trump suggested that people could wrongly construe his attempts to "fight back" against the investigation as obstruction.

"Now they're saying, 'Oh, well, did he fight back?' " Trump said of Mueller's investigation. "You fight back, 'Oh, it's obstruction.' "

That's a fact.

Trump, during his exchange with reporters on Wednesday, said his interview would be "subject to my lawyers" but that he would personally like to do it.
Trump later said he would do the interview under oath.

That's a fact.

"I would do it under oath. I would do it," he said, later adding, "I would do it under oath, yeah."

That's a fact.

Responding to Trump's comments later Wednesday, White House lawyer Ty Cobb said, "While Mr. Trump was speaking hurriedly before departing for Davos, he remains committed to continued complete cooperation with the OSC and is looking forward to speaking with Mr. Mueller."

That's a fact.

Cobb added that the arrangements are still being worked out between Mueller's team and the President's personal lawyers.

That's a fact.

So, tell me what specifically is "fake news."

dannno
01-25-2018, 09:59 PM
The fake news is the missing context of what he actually said. I heard what he said on video with my own eyes and ears.

Fifth time. Thank you for lowering the IQ of the forum even further.

Do you need me to repeat it again? I know some people need things repeated like 8 times before they actually learn it, but at some point it gets into learning disability territory. I apologize if that is the case.

r3volution 3.0
01-25-2018, 10:12 PM
The fake news is the missing context of what he actually said. I heard what he said on video with my own eyes and ears.

Fifth time. Thank you for lowering the IQ of the forum even further.

Do you need me to repeat it again? I know some people need things repeated like 8 times before they actually learn it, but at some point it gets into learning disability territory. I apologize if that is the case.

Again, which statement in the OP is factually incorrect?

dannno
01-25-2018, 10:19 PM

You are officially the king of fake news, you can take a post up next to zippy, I guess you will need to decide who is going to wear the wedding gown.

r3volution 3.0
01-25-2018, 10:22 PM

You are officially the king of fake news, you can take a post up next to zippy, I guess you will need to decide who is going to wear the wedding gown.

[....?....]

I think I've made my point.

dannno
01-25-2018, 10:27 PM
[....?....]

I think I've made my point.

I answered your question 6 times, you have made zero points. You have negative points.

euphemia
01-25-2018, 10:28 PM
You are officially the king of fake news.

He still thinks Gary Johnson is a libertarian.

r3volution 3.0
01-25-2018, 10:45 PM
It's pretty amazing that in 3 shorts years we* went from being rightly hyper-critical of the POTUS to licking his boots over nothing.

*well, some of us

http://images.dailykos.com/images/218016/story_image/Screen_Shot_2016-03-02_at_10.48.07_AM.png?1456933749

enhanced_deficit
01-26-2018, 06:30 PM
This could get comlicated if Bannon gave credible details about alleged money laundering in his interview with Mueller.

https://img.thedailybeast.com/image/upload/c_crop,d_placeholder_euli9k,h_1440,w_2560,x_0,y_0/dpr_2.0/c_limit,w_740/fl_lossy,q_auto/v1516910603/180125-woodruff-mueller-fire-fury-tease_nkwxwa

Mueller Wasn't Interested in Bannon Until 'Fire and Fury,' Source Says

Donald Trump’s ex-campaign chairman and White House strategist painted a bullseye on himself after he blabbed to Michael Wolff about the Russia probe.

Betsy Woodruff
01.25.18 3:10 PM ET

Steve Bannon (https://www.thedailybeast.com/banished-by-trump-and-breitbart-steve-bannon-plots-his-next-act) appears to have accidentally sicced Robert Mueller (https://www.thedailybeast.com/michael-flynn-jared-kushner-robert-muellers-next-targets-are-in-this-document-4) on himself.

The FBI visited Bannon’s home on Jan. 9 to subpoena him, according to NBC News (https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/politics-news/bannon-plans-cooperate-special-counsel-russia-probe-source-says-n838271), and he is expected to talk with the special counsel’s team by the end of the month.
A lawyer close to Mueller’s investigation told The Daily Beast that before the release of Michael Wolff’s book Fire and Fury (https://www.thedailybeast.com/steve-bannon-gears-up-for-2020-says-donald-trumps-lost-his-stuff), the special counsel’s team indicated zero interest in questioning President Donald Trump’s former chief strategist for their Russia probe. The team hadn’t asked to interview him, the source said.
Bannon himself told Wolff that he didn’t expect to hear from Mueller.
“I know no Russians, I don’t know nothin’ about nothin,’” he said. “I’m not being a witness. I’m not hiring a lawyer.”
Bannon also told the author that he suspected Donald Trump Jr. introduced Kremlin-linked operatives to his father during their June 2016 Trump Tower meeting. And he said he thought the Mueller investigation was “all about money-laundering.”

https://www.thedailybeast.com/mueller-wasnt-interested-in-bannon-until-fire-and-fury-source-says

XNavyNuke
01-26-2018, 06:45 PM
I assume that he is smart enough to also wait until the pay-per-view contract is inked.

XNN