PDA

View Full Version : Kansas Gov. Brownback to resign Wednesday; Lt. Gov. Colyer will inherit office

Swordsmyth
01-25-2018, 05:35 PM
Gov. Sam Brownback has announced that he will officially resign as Kansas governor at 3 p.m. on Wednesday, Jan. 31, handing over the office to Lt. Gov. Jeff Colyer.
The announcement came one day after the U.S. Senate, by the narrowest of margins, confirmed Brownback to become the next U.S. Ambassador-at-large for International Religious Freedom. (http://www2.ljworld.com/news/2018/jan/24/brownback-narrowly-clears-hurdle-toward-confirmati/)

"It has been a great honor to serve Kansas as their Governor since 2011, and prior to that as United States Senator and Congressman," Brownback said Thursday in a resignation letter addressed to Secretary of State Kris Kobach. "I have been privileged to serve and represent my fellow citizens for most of my adult life."
Wednesday afternoon, the U.S. Senate was deadlocked on Brownback's nomination. Vice President Mike Pence cast the final vote to break the 49-49 tie, which fell along straight party lines.
Two Republican senators were absent for the vote — John McCain, R-Arizona, who has been battling cancer, and Bob Corker, R-Tennessee, who was reportedly in Davos, Switzerland, attending the World Economic Forum.

More at: http://www2.ljworld.com/news/2018/jan/25/brownback-says-hell-resign-kansas-governor-next-we/

goldenequity
01-25-2018, 05:46 PM
Quietly... they tapped him on the shoulder... showed him the videos and said...
"It's time Governor."

phill4paul
01-25-2018, 05:50 PM
The Constitution allows for an International Religious Freedom ambassador? Surely it wouldn't, couldn't, fund one?

sparebulb
01-25-2018, 06:14 PM
Brownstain is a one-man freak show.

oyarde
01-25-2018, 06:19 PM
Did they just make this up or has there always been one ? Never heard of it ....

oyarde
01-25-2018, 06:27 PM
All the dems voted against because the oppose religious freedom and want mandatory state / commie worship instead ?LOL , That is what Trump should put on twitter.

Jan2017
01-26-2018, 07:20 AM
Quietly... they tapped him on the shoulder... showed him the videos and said...
"It's time Governor."
Really . . .
a Governor ex-Senator ex-Congressman (and Ron Paul 2008 GOP Presidential race rival) gets re-assigned/demoted.