PDA

View Full Version : Could the FAA ground the Ron Paul blimp?!?!

Politaction
12-11-2007, 09:25 PM
Ron Paul Blimp vs TFR’s (http://politaction.com/ron-paul-supporters/ron-paul-blimp-vs-tfrs/)

I just had a thought that I haven’t seen discussed anywhere else. I know a lot of pilots and since 9/11 they’e been complaining of the multitude of Temporary Flight Restrictions (TFR) that pop in and out of existence depending on the whims of the FAA. TFR’s have always been a reality and one has always followed the president wherever he goes. It’s like a no-fly zone around him at all times and pilots have to simply know about TFR’s whenever they fly regardless of whether or not they actually get published by the FA lest ye get shot down by airforce F-16’s. And since the 9/11 disaster, they happen around just about any large gathering of people such as pro sports events. Most are politically-driven by the Sports Industrial Complex but we’ll get into that at a later date.

My concern is that the Ron Paul blimp will be essentially grounded since it won’t be allowed to fly anywhere near any of the candidates, especially Hillary Clinton who, as former First Lady is still protected by the Secret Service.

Would the FAA do this?

This would be horrible after the rollercoaster ride that the Ron Paul blimp has been on since conception.

azminuteman
12-11-2007, 09:30 PM
No.

Weather will be the biggest hindrance, and the availability of sunlight.

Mr. White
12-11-2007, 09:33 PM
You think there are FAA experts on this board...why?

Politaction
I just know the Federal government works similar to Murphy's Law.

Visual
IDK, from some relatives that worked for the FAA, the management are the biggest douchebags in the world (tons of controllers and managers are retiring early, faster than expected, due to the hostile workplace and overall incompetence of the higher ups). I wouldn't be suprised.

Politaction
12-11-2007, 09:35 PM
You think there are FAA experts on this board...why?

I don't think that the FAA is on this forum.

I just know that when the Federal government has the chance to screw something up, it usually does.

fedup100
12-11-2007, 09:36 PM
The Blimp company knows of these things, no need to worry.

But, those that wish to hurt Paul's chances will be working over time to try and stop the Blimp if possible.

Politaction
12-11-2007, 09:36 PM
IDK, from some relatives that worked for the FAA, the management are the biggest douchebags in the world (tons of controllers and managers are retiring early, faster than expected, due to the hostile workplace and overall incompetence of the higher ups). I wouldn't be suprised.

That is why I became a little concerned after reading the original post, it is just like the bureaucratic FAA to pull something like this.

BlueGecko
12-11-2007, 09:37 PM
Please read past blimp posts and website before posting

dmspilot00
12-11-2007, 09:38 PM
No. The worst they could do is erect a TFR over a place they don't want the blimp to be, but I HIGHLY doubt they will do that just to spite us. I am sure the FAA is not sitting around trying to come up with ways to stop the Ron Paul blimp. Geez guys.

Politaction
12-11-2007, 09:38 PM
The Blimp company knows of these things, no need to worry.

But, those that wish to hurt Paul's chances will be working over time to try and stop the Blimp if possible.

I am sure they do, but I just don't put anything past our governments bureaucrats.

parke
12-11-2007, 09:40 PM
I don't think that the FAA is on this forum.

I just know that when the Federal government has the chance to screw something up, it usually does.

Amen. Ask New Orleans and Mississippi (where the storm actually HIT!)

bbachtung
12-11-2007, 09:41 PM
I am sure the FAA is not sitting around trying to come up with ways to stop the Ron Paul blimp. Geez guys.

You have no idea. They have a whole department dedicated to deflating RP's blimp. They are running a sophisticated operation code named Blimp Gimp.