PDA

View Full Version : 95% of House GOPers (incl. 90% of Freedom Caucus) Vote For Increased Spending

r3volution 3.0
01-19-2018, 05:11 PM
The House voted Thursday night to avert a government shutdown, sending the bill on to the Senate, where its future is much less certain. Shortly before the House vote, the Freedom Caucus said a majority of its members would vote to support a stopgap spending measure, a key sign that holdout conservatives who had been undecided earlier had come on board.

http://www.cnn.com/2018/01/18/politics/house-votes-government-shutdown/index.html224/238

224/238 GOPers voted Yay.

27/31 Freedom Caucus members voted Yay.

Freedom Caucus Nays

Justin Amash
Andy Biggs
Paul Gosar
Alex Mooney

*note that Massie and Walter Jones also voted Nay, but they're not members of the Freedom Caucus

Freedom Caucus Yays (i.e. full of shit)

Joe Barton
Rod Blum
Dave Brat
Jim Bridenstine
Mo Brooks
Ken Buck
Ted Budd
Warren Davidson
Ron DeSantis
Scott DesJarlais
Jeff Duncan
Tom Garrett Jr.
Louie Gohmert
Morgan Griffith
Andy Harris
Jody Hice
Jim Jordan
Raśl Labrador
Mark Meadows (chairman)
Gary Palmer
Steve Pearce
Scott Perry
Bill Posey
Mark Sanford
David Schweikert
Randy Weber
Ted Yoho

qh4dotcom
01-19-2018, 05:18 PM
How did Massie vote?

r3volution 3.0
01-19-2018, 05:24 PM
How did Massie vote?

The right way (as did Walter Jones and a few other non-Freedom Caucus people)

Brian4Liberty
01-19-2018, 06:12 PM
Two GOP nay votes were RINOs who voted with the Democrats because they demanded DACA.

enhanced_deficit
01-20-2018, 09:23 AM
Is this confirmed?

This could be very bad news for GOP mantra of "cut gummit spending", "small gummit" etc.

Zippyjuan
01-20-2018, 03:11 PM
It was to continue government spending at current levels- not to raise spending.

loveshiscountry
01-20-2018, 04:44 PM
It was to continue government spending at current levels- not to raise spending.

It was to continue out of control government spending at current levels- not to raise out of control spending higher.

devil21
01-20-2018, 08:00 PM
Most of those calling themselves the Freedom Caucus are anything but. Calling yourself something doesn't make you that. Many were elected when it was cool to ride the Liberty coattails.

Weston White
01-20-2018, 10:54 PM

Yea, can you guess what this is? Clue: One word, utter, second word, bollocks.

$20,612,549,000,000

kcchiefs6465
01-20-2018, 11:46 PM
Oh.. That was all?

enhanced_deficit
01-21-2018, 08:36 AM

Only temporary CRs have elevated Obama big-spender level spending or new budget will too? If GOP budget spending will stay at Obama level spending, then you may have a point. But Javanka GOP would still look like hypocrites on spending.

Zippyjuan
01-21-2018, 01:52 PM
Yea, can you guess what this is? Clue: One word, utter, second word, bollocks.

$20,612,549,000,000

If I am spending $100 a month more than I take in each month, my debt will continue to rise even if what I take in and spend does not change. If in January I was $100 in debt, in February I will be $200 in debt, in March I will be $300 in debt.....

The House voted to extend current spending by one month (Senate failed to pass it). It was a "continuing resolution"- continuing meaning keep doing what they were already doing- for another 30 days.

http://www.cnn.com/2018/01/18/politics/house-votes-government-shutdown/index.html

While reluctant to pass yet another short-term continuing resolution -- the fourth in just months -- many rank-and-file members seemed mostly resigned Wednesday to the fact that it was the only option, even if they were not happy about it.

Weston White
01-21-2018, 09:39 PM
The House voted to extend current spending by one month. It was a "continuing resolution"- continuing meaning keep doing what they were already doing- for another 30 day

When you spend what you do not have the means to repay, it is called theft by conversion and it's a crime. When you devise a Ponzi scheme to color your crime, such as calling it a "continuing resolution", to hook in all the suckers (e.g., Zippy), then it becomes a crime of fraud.

r3volution 3.0
01-21-2018, 09:48 PM
That it was only a short-term CR is beside the point.

It was leverage which could have been used to prevent the incoming spending increases (or even to cut spending).

Instead, the GOP (incl. almost all of the Freedom Caucus) folded under political pressure.

And I have every expectation that they'll do the same thing next time.

Weston White
01-21-2018, 10:04 PM
http://izquotes.com/quotes-pictures/quote-we-cannot-solve-our-problems-with-the-same-thinking-we-used-when-we-created-them-albert-einstein-56473.jpg