PDA

View Full Version : Letters To Editors

BirdsAreWild
12-11-2007, 09:11 PM
Would it be feasible for every meetup group to write some letters to the the editors of their newspapers and for everyone to mail them either on the same day or at least the same week? This would get information in ALL THE NEWSPAPERS at the same time. He would be in all the newspapers across the country and it might make a small impact. I am not good at coordinating this type of thing online so if someone would coordinate it I think it is a good idea.

Shiva_Rodriguez
12-23-2007, 12:18 AM
After looking at a recent thread regarding the smear attempts and how to combat them on Google, it seems to me that a better plan would be to have a regular stream of letters and reader contributions coming in would have a much longer-lasting impact than a short bang that makes news for one day.

I'm a writer, and I can't tell you how many people have told me that they wish they could write but can't. For those who aren't quite ready to take a crack at article submissions, many papers, magazines, and even TV news shows (with e-mail) have sections for reader comments, letters to the editor, or public sound-offs where anyone can write in with their two cents on any topic.

For those who want to try for public-interest articles, find out if your local papers consider freelance articles. I don't have the current list, but I know that some national magazines accept freelance work. There are also hundreds of small, limited distribution magazines that accept good articles from novice writers.

While just dropping a bucket of water soaks a lot of people all at once, it dries fast. A steady stream continues to soak the media for far longer.

Just my thoughts.

smartpeople4ronpaul
12-28-2007, 02:41 AM
We should make a list of news papers we want to hit with letters, major ones, and small-town ones that are local to us. About 250 different newspapers. And we have everybody send them all e-mails and letters.