PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone else find themselves...

TN_VOL
12-11-2007, 08:48 PM
Does anyone else find themselves watching TV less and less? I've never seen one episode of Brian Williams, Katie Communist, or that other guy. I used to always O'Reilly and Matthews but now if I watch TV it's only Tucker and Football. Ever since I found this forum all I do is listen to Alex Jones watch youtube videos. Is there something wrong with me?

ckhagen
12-11-2007, 08:52 PM
Yeah, I haven't watched MSM in at least two months now. I could really care less about what they have to say. I do still watch Ace of Cakes though, lol. I love that show...

Derek Johnson
12-11-2007, 08:54 PM
Does anyone else find themselves watching TV less and less?

Yep, since about 1988 or so.....but I do watch YouTube, and I burn Alex Jones DVDs.

Right, I am a 9-11 truther, and very proud to be.

LibertyEagle
12-11-2007, 08:58 PM
I watch a lot more MSM news, to be honest. Just to find out what they are saying, or NOT saying.

Think12345
12-11-2007, 09:01 PM
My cable is off for several years now. Visited in-laws this weekend and tried to watch some TV...
Bo-o-o-ring!
And pretty unfair, too. The endless commercials, the sheer stupidity of dialogs, the narrow views, the cheap movie tricks like using music to set the mood when reporting about a "bad" guy...

It just kills me that for the majority of people TV is still the main source of information. I sincerely hope that it's share is going to diminish during next 10 years or so. I am trying to raise my offspring with minimal exposure to all that crap.

bp2519
12-11-2007, 09:01 PM
i watch no tv except for basketball

MozoVote
12-11-2007, 09:04 PM
I canceled cable TV a few months ago to leave more money on the plate to donate. Don't miss it at all and I don't think I'll bother turning it back on.

Eroberer
12-11-2007, 09:06 PM
I haven't had a TV in four years. I feel liberated from it and feel no compulsion to watch it.

Hook
12-11-2007, 09:07 PM
I have watched about 1 hour of TV a month for the last 6 years.
I do spend too much time on the Internets though.

NewEnd
12-11-2007, 09:08 PM
I watched two reruns of the Simpsons, and the Seahawks game, in the past week.

blamx8
12-11-2007, 09:09 PM
I have become a TV ascetic. :) All the good stuff gets you tubed anyway, and linked to from right here.

Danny Molina
12-11-2007, 09:09 PM
My TV is on MSNBC about 18-20 hours a day. I'm on constant RP watch.

torchbearer
12-11-2007, 09:10 PM
It feels good to be unplugged from the matrix.

AlexMerced
12-11-2007, 09:10 PM
I don't have cable, but cause of this I'vebeen watching every American history documentary I can find, watching all the videos fromthe Mises Institue, those really awesome StoPandLooK video on Individualism/Collectivism and bunch of other stuff of the sorts...

my brain definetley has gotten sharper due to being a ron paul fan, I've come from being a misguided idiot a couple month ago, to being one of the most informed and philosophically/historically knowledgeable people I know

torchbearer
12-11-2007, 09:11 PM
I don't have cable, but cause of this I'vebeen watching every American history documentary I can find, watching all the videos fromthe Mises Institue, those really awesome StoPandLooK video on Individualism/Collectivism and bunch of other stuff of the sorts...

my brain definetley has gotten sharper due to being a ron paul fan, I've come from being a misguided idiot a couple month ago, to being one of the most informed and philosophically/historically knowledgeable people I know

Ditto. Ron Paul has made me smarter.

justinc.1089
12-11-2007, 09:12 PM
It feels good to be unplugged from the matrix.

Ha indeed it is! :D

Ron Paul Fan
I basically only watch sports and news stuff anymore. I used to watch more, but the writer's strike took care of that. I've been reading a lot more than I used to and watching Ron Paul videos. But I'm not really being honest.

Hook
My TV is on MSNBC about 18-20 hours a day. I'm on constant RP watch.

You must have a lot of beer to help you cope. :D

integrity
u tube debate is the last TV I watched.

TV SUCKS! Lets have a national "kill your TV" day where we smash our tvs together and invite the press to watch.

If America would put half the energy into being good citizens and patriots as they do watching grown men chasing balls around, this country would be awesome!

Paul.Bearer.of.Injustice
12-11-2007, 09:15 PM
Network television is an anesthetic of the spirit.
Golf and podcasts for me.

Hook
12-11-2007, 09:16 PM
Pretty soon as IP multicast matures and more bandwidth is available, people will start buying their programs directly from the producer. That way we won't need networks. Just buy subscriptions to shows for like $20/year with no commercials and all the money goes to the show employees instead of Rupert Murdoch.

murrayrothbard
12-11-2007, 09:16 PM
To the OP: Go Vols!

KramerDSP
12-11-2007, 09:17 PM
I'm an ex TV addict. I probably watched 3-4 hours of TV a night after getting home from work until around June of 2007 when I learned of Ron Paul. After that, my hours slowly shifted towards being spent researching issues that RP brought up, because I realize that I had assumed so much yet actually knew so little about the issues. At this point, the only TV I watch are Eagles and Sixers games and the MSM when covering Ron Paul.

paulitics
12-11-2007, 09:18 PM
I have been off it for a long time now, but tune in just to see what propaganda they are propagating. Global warming, gun violence, Iraq war troop surge pros and cons, all completely irrelevent to the serious foreign policy. Its garbage. Look at the agenda. No real issues are being discussed, there are like 10,000 watergate scandals going on right now that are being filtered out.

trey4sports
12-11-2007, 09:18 PM
Does anyone else find themselves watching TV less and less? I've never seen one episode of Brian Williams, Katie Communist, or that other guy. I used to always O'Reilly and Matthews but now if I watch TV it's only Tucker and Football. Ever since I found this forum all I do is listen to Alex Jones watch youtube videos. Is there something wrong with me?

dude, i have the same symptoms of PAULitis

Mandrik
12-11-2007, 09:19 PM
I work for Comcast. That means free everything on TV (discounted PPV movies/events), free internet, and dirt cheap phone service. I also have a DVR and a regular digital box. My monthly bill is $20. With that said, I pretty much never watch TV. The few shows I do watch haven't been on due to the strike. So lately, the TV has been off, except the rare times my kids want to watch a movie or something.

I've been reading a lot lately. Currently working on the Blowback trilogy (working on The Sorrows of Empire atm). I have a lot of books I want to read, which is more important than anything on TV.

dirka
12-11-2007, 09:20 PM
I never watch TV anymore, especially now that Dancing with the stars is over!

Benaiah
12-11-2007, 09:21 PM

I watched Glenn Beck EVERY night for about a year and a half. The night he referred to us as terrorists was the last night I've watched him.
I listened to Hannity, Beck, Rush, and the others daily for the past 8 years. I have not listened to any of them for 2 months now.... not once.

The only time I bother to check out media other than the Internet, is when I know in advance that it's going to be about Ron Paul.

freestyl24
12-11-2007, 09:26 PM
<>

Hook
12-11-2007, 09:28 PM
I watched Glenn Beck EVERY night for about a year and a half. The night he referred to us as terrorists was the last night I've watched him.
I listened to Hannity, Beck, Rush, and the others daily for the past 8 years. I have not listened to any of them for 2 months now.... not once.

The only time I bother to check out media other than the Internet, is when I know in advance that it's going to be about Ron Paul.

I still listen to Rush once in a while when I go to lunch. It usually only lasts for a few minutes before he starts talking about unpatriotic antiwar Americans, then I have to shut it off.

Seanmc30
12-11-2007, 09:33 PM
I'm the same way! I stopped getting my news from them around 2 years ago and went to the Internet and reading books. I could really learn and understand the problems instead of just getting the pre-packaged snippets (and what I should think) the Old Media wanted me to hear.

I have been paying attention to the news more now that I am waiting for RP coverage to come up.

greensheen
12-11-2007, 09:35 PM
Pretty soon as IP multicast matures and more bandwidth is available, people will start buying their programs directly from the producer. That way we won't need networks. Just buy subscriptions to shows for like $20/year with no commercials and all the money goes to the show employees instead of Rupert Murdoch.

Yet another reason the establishment hates the internet!

pdavis
12-11-2007, 09:42 PM
I stopped watching television regularly back in May. The only time I will watch television are to watch the debates, but this may change when the new season of Lost premiers.

DirtMcGirt
12-11-2007, 09:48 PM
I turn it on and i just laugh at it now!!!