PDA

View Full Version : Today is National Law Enforcement Appreciation Day (L.E.A.D.)

Origanalist
01-09-2018, 12:12 PM
On January 9th, 2018, partnering organizations in support of law enforcement officers nationwide will promote National Law Enforcement Appreciation Day (L.E.A.D.). In light of recent negativity directed toward law enforcement nationally, there is a need to show law enforcement officers that our citizens recognize the difficult and sometimes impossible career they have chosen, in public service to us all.

On January 9th of each year we will call our nation’s citizens to action in support of law enforcement. Those citizens who appreciate law enforcement and are discouraged about the negative attention being given to law enforcement are encouraged to take time on January 9, to show their support. Our citizens can show their support in a number of ways:

• Change your profile picture on social media to the .jpg image provided at www.facebook.com/nationalcops.

• Wear blue clothing in support of law enforcement.

• Send a card of support to your local police department or state agency.

• Share a story about a positive law enforcement experience on social media.

• Ask children in your community to write letters in support of law enforcement.

• Participate in Project Blue Light - Proudly display your blue light in support of law enforcement.

• Organize an event or a rally in support of your law enforcement officers.

• Advertise your support through local media outlets/billboards.

• Post the public service announcement supplied by C.O.P.S. to your organization’s webpage or social media pages.

Most importantly, if you see a police officer, thank a police officer.

https://www.nationalcops.org/lead.html

CCTelander
01-09-2018, 12:25 PM
ROTFLMFAO!

I'll be sure to do my part.

phill4paul
01-09-2018, 12:35 PM
No.

pcosmar
01-09-2018, 12:48 PM
I don't know,, but I've been told,

It's hard to run with the weight of gold.

other times I heard it said,

It's just as hard with the weight of LEAD.

Swordsmyth
01-09-2018, 02:01 PM
Bad idea, some people might decide to celebrate with lead.

Origanalist
01-09-2018, 02:04 PM
No.

Not even a blue light? :(

r3volution 3.0
01-09-2018, 04:24 PM
As in, plata o plomo?

Origanalist
01-10-2018, 10:37 AM

Anti Federalist
01-10-2018, 10:49 AM
Most importantly, if you see a police officer, thank a police officer.

Poetic justice?

Some hapless Mundane, looking to lavish praise on his oppressors, approaches a jittery, trigger happy cop and gets ventilated.

TheCount
01-10-2018, 11:02 AM
I hope all of our resident statists use protection while appreciating their local law enforcement officers. Remember, just because they're police doesn't mean they can protect you from herpes.

EBounding
01-10-2018, 11:05 AM
On January 9th, 2018, partnering organizations in support of law enforcement officers nationwide will promote National Law Enforcement Appreciation Day (L.E.A.D.).
https://www.nationalcops.org/lead.html

L.E.A.D.? As in "The officer shot up my golden retriever full of L.E.A.D."?

CCTelander
01-10-2018, 11:37 AM

There's President Trump striking another massive blow against the deep/police state, I see. MAGA baby!

CCTelander
01-10-2018, 11:42 AM
Poetic justice?

Some hapless Mundane, looking to lavish praise on his oppressors, approaches a jittery, trigger happy cop and gets ventilated.

Like I posted in another thread, if I had the skills I'd create a meme of some poor schmuck getting the shit beat out of him by a thug scrum of brave officers while the poor schmuck clings desperately to a sign reading "Thank you police." I think it sums up the copsucker mentaity perfectly.

Danke
01-10-2018, 12:32 PM
TheTexan must be out celebrating.

dannno
01-10-2018, 12:45 PM
• Wear blue clothing in support of law enforcement.

Dammit, I wore blue today, might have to go home and change :(

CCTelander
01-10-2018, 12:48 PM

Good man. +rep

Swordsmyth
01-10-2018, 01:54 PM

Naughty naughty.

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQWDsvQ6Y9x4y2yy9CsUPCn3qxkCJX9u Ywn_XY1PeqKqnaHcAsf

There is still good in you, I can feel it.

Come back to the light side.

Slave Mentality
01-10-2018, 04:15 PM
Nope

DamianTV
01-10-2018, 04:29 PM
LEAD is bad for you!

Have you ever had a bowl of cheerios and thought to yourself I need to sprinkle a little more sugar and LEAD to taste better?

Heres a nice little viral video of a cop doing things we are supposed to support:

Vermilion Parish teacher arrested for asking about raises

https://youtu.be/8sg8lY-leE8

6:15 - Teacher asks Question about superintendent taking a huge raise again, teachers get no raise for 10 years in a row.
7:10 - Teacher Arrested

Full thread on just the teacher here:
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?518341-Vermilion-Parish-Teacher-ARRESTED-For-Asking-About-Raises

Swordsmyth
01-10-2018, 04:35 PM
LEAD is bad for you!

Have you ever had a bowl of cheerios and thought to yourself I need to sprinkle a little more sugar and LEAD to taste better?

Heres a nice little viral video of a cop doing things we are supposed to support:

Vermilion Parish teacher arrested for asking about raises

https://youtu.be/8sg8lY-leE8

6:15 - Teacher asks Question about superintendent taking a huge raise again, teachers get no raise for 10 years in a row.
7:10 - Teacher Arrested

Full thread on just the teacher here:
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?518341-Vermilion-Parish-Teacher-ARRESTED-For-Asking-About-Raises

Yes of course, L.E.A.D. poisoning.

DamianTV
01-10-2018, 05:59 PM
I will support good cops that do good things and will not support bad cops that do bad things. Had that cop arrested the superintendent for theft, then I would have supported the cop in the video. I also will support cops who refuse to follow unlawful orders. I wont support cops that protect politicians from the people or rich thieves that prey on exploiting the poor.

pcosmar
01-10-2018, 06:39 PM
I will support good cops that do good things and will not support bad cops that do bad things. Had that cop arrested the superintendent for theft, then I would have supported the cop in the video. I also will support cops who refuse to follow unlawful orders. I wont support cops that protect politicians from the people or rich thieves that prey on exploiting the poor.

Replace the word "cop" with "person" and I am with you..

A Cop is an authoritarian control Enforcer.

You can be one or the other but not both.

You are either human or inhuman.. but not both.

DamianTV
01-10-2018, 06:53 PM
Replace the word "cop" with "person" and I am with you..

A Cop is an authoritarian control Enforcer.

You can be one or the other but not both.

You are either human or inhuman.. but not both.

But but but Corporations and chimpanzees and dogs and fish and bacteria and a can of pork and beans are people too!

A human in a job is still a human. I do have respect for Elected positions like Sheriffs, but there are many in Law Enforcement that are not elected and as a result, have zero accountability or even incentive to not conduct wrongdoings on to the people. I understand where you come from, they no longer behave as people once unelected cops begin behaving inhumanely, but would really like it to be different. Maybe its just me having wishful thinking, but really, if these cops wanted to find the real criminals in this country, they need look no further than the people who print money and sign their checks.

oyarde
01-10-2018, 07:12 PM

I hope so , I made my favorite ( retired ) Law Enforcement Officer buy me some beer today . He is just happy to be off the streets at home where he is safe from me .

pcosmar
01-10-2018, 07:23 PM
Maybe its just me having wishful thinking, .

I'm sure it is.

I have momentary flights of fantasy in which the world is a better place. Dreams of Eden.
And I am told of and promised a better afterlife..

I still have no idea what part of Free Society needs Enforcers of Control..

Free people can control themselves.

TheTexan
01-10-2018, 08:30 PM

Ugh. Almost got fired today for showing up 3 hrs late hung over

Once I explained why it was cool though. Still, close call

DamianTV
01-10-2018, 08:42 PM
I'm sure it is.

I have momentary flights of fantasy in which the world is a better place. Dreams of Eden.
And I am told of and promised a better afterlife..

I still have no idea what part of Free Society needs Enforcers of Control..

Free people can control themselves.

I think the problem that many people have, not just us, is that we want to see other people as we see ourselves. Thing is, there are bad people out there who intend on doing bad shit to people. Im not sure if that qualifies a need to have Cops, but I can reasonably understand an elected position like a Sheriff. One of our greatest dangers is that when we project on other people, we only notice those who are different once they prove themselves to be different. This applies mostly to the ordinary low ambition sociopaths. Most people miss that those same sociopaths with higher ambitions can get into positions of power in both companies and government, and that is where our problems really start. As long as they can maintain the Illusion of Normalcy, they can typically maintain that power, and manipulate the law from within the system to benefit themselves at our expense. Basically, they can screw us royally and maintain that very needed illusion.

Cops are a different breed of bad. I say it all the time on the needed factors to rule a society with an Iron Fist: Belief, Money, and Violence. Both unelected cops and politicians represent forms of violence in the way they apply their methods of control over a populous. Imprisonment and fines are a form of violence. Even Ghandi acknowledged this by calling poverty the most oppressive form of violence. There is a balance in their system however. For the lawmakers to reign in their control over the police, they control their paychecks. When lawmakers control a law abiding society, they operate on the system of belief by implying that they have authority to control and rule citizens. Their system is designed to maintain itself and always at our expense.

Within their system, they have TWO SETS of rules, one set of rules they apply to us, the written law, and the set of rules that apply to them, the unwritten rules. Cops dare not arrest politicians even if they are known to be high level criminals. The only time they go after certain politicians is if those politician breaks their own unwritten rules. Hittlary is a perfect example. Now, if you take the word "Politician" apart, you find "Polite". Their very job title is a "Polite Form of Violence". Cops conduct Physical Violence. But all methods of control: Belief (or Perception), Money, and Violence balance within themselves to deprive the people of their property until we wake up homeless on the grounds liberated by our fathers.

The Essence of Freedom is the Proper Limitation of Government

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lXBZd3jmbWg

Danke
01-10-2018, 09:13 PM
I think the problem that many people have, not just us, is that we want to see other people as we see ourselves. Thing is, there are bad people out there who intend on doing bad shit to people. Im not sure if that qualifies a need to have Cops, but I can reasonably understand an elected position like a Sheriff. One of our greatest dangers is that when we project on other people, we only notice those who are different once they prove themselves to be different. This applies mostly to the ordinary low ambition sociopaths. Most people miss that those same sociopaths with higher ambitions can get into positions of power in both companies and government, and that is where our problems really start. As long as they can maintain the Illusion of Normalcy, they can typically maintain that power, and manipulate the law from within the system to benefit themselves at our expense. Basically, they can screw us royally and maintain that very needed illusion.

Cops are a different breed of bad. I say it all the time on the needed factors to rule a society with an Iron Fist: Belief, Money, and Violence. Both unelected cops and politicians represent forms of violence in the way they apply their methods of control over a populous. Imprisonment and fines are a form of violence. Even Ghandi acknowledged this by calling poverty the most oppressive form of violence. There is a balance in their system however. For the lawmakers to reign in their control over the police, they control their paychecks. When lawmakers control a law abiding society, they operate on the system of belief by implying that they have authority to control and rule citizens. Their system is designed to maintain itself and always at our expense.

Within their system, they have TWO SETS of rules, one set of rules they apply to us, the written law, and the set of rules that apply to them, the unwritten rules. Cops dare not arrest politicians even if they are known to be high level criminals. The only time they go after certain politicians is if those politician breaks their own unwritten rules. Hittlary is a perfect example. Now, if you take the word "Politician" apart, you find "Polite". Their very job title is a "Polite Form of Violence". Cops conduct Physical Violence. But all methods of control: Belief (or Perception), Money, and Violence balance within themselves to deprive the people of their property until we wake up homeless on the grounds liberated by our fathers.

The Essence of Freedom is the Proper Limitation of Government

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lXBZd3jmbWg

i like your signature.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vw9jXppiQEo

DamianTV
01-11-2018, 07:39 AM
i like your signature.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vw9jXppiQEo

This can not be +REPPED enough!

I am out of rep right now, someone care to cover me?

Anti Federalist
01-11-2018, 09:07 AM

For The Dank?

I dunno about that.

Origanalist
01-11-2018, 09:29 AM

I already repped Danke once this year, so I already limited out.

nikcers
01-11-2018, 05:09 PM
Don't you feel safe?
https://i.redd.it/clwxjet5th901.jpg

DamianTV
01-12-2018, 05:54 PM
For The Dank?

I dunno about that.

None of us are "The Perfect Libertarian". The Dankmonster isnt perfect either. Neither are you. Neither am I.

I believe it is +REP worthy because this is one of the topics that we all agree on. Positive reinforcement for the specifics of any persons behavior that needs to be encouraged. If Zippy had posted this, I would even say that teams post is +REP worthy. I am no better than Danke and what I say should be scrutinized also, and appreciate being called on things I am wrong on. I appreciate the opportunities to learn from my mistakes and why I am wrong on specific topics so that I can become better than I am today overall and can be correct on as many topics as I can humanely be. I think all of us deserve that same fair reasonable opportunity to earn the respect and reputation from others. We are always going to have our differences even if our general overall consensus is Pro Liberty, and can not let those differences divide and fracture us as a community when we do each have our own individual moments of shining bright. This is one of Dankes bright shining moments. Reward and encourage it because that is what holds us together, not just in the Liberty Movement, but as a healthy society.

Danke
01-12-2018, 06:00 PM
None of us are "The Perfect Libertarian". The Dankmonster isnt perfect either. Neither are you. Neither am I.

I believe it is +REP worthy because this is one of the topics that we all agree on. Positive reinforcement for the specifics of any persons behavior that needs to be encouraged. If Zippy had posted this, I would even say that teams post is +REP worthy. I am no better than Danke and what I say should be scrutinized also, and appreciate being called on things I am wrong on. I appreciate the opportunities to learn from my mistakes and why I am wrong on specific topics so that I can become better than I am today overall and can be correct on as many topics as I can humanely be. I think all of us deserve that same fair reasonable opportunity to earn the respect and reputation from others. We are always going to have our differences even if our general overall consensus is Pro Liberty, and can not let those differences divide and fracture us as a community when we do each have our own individual moments of shining bright. This is one of Dankes bright shining moments. Reward and encourage it because that is what holds us together, not just in the Liberty Movement, but as a healthy society.

Somehow I feel like I’m being patronized with a backhanded compliment. And the mods closed my safe space.

DamianTV
01-12-2018, 08:02 PM
Somehow I feel like I’m being patronized with a backhanded compliment. And the mods closed my safe space.

I meant what I said, but I hope I dont come across as patronizing, because I believe you have truly earned my respect on many aspects.

anaconda
01-12-2018, 08:25 PM
I propose a Constitutional Amendment: No cops. Legal open and concealed carry nationwide. Gun free zones 100% illegal.

DamianTV
01-12-2018, 08:48 PM
I propose a Constitutional Amendment: No cops. Legal open and concealed carry nationwide. Gun free zones 100% illegal.

What about elected positions like Sheriff, where they have both a responsibility and accountability to the people? Just curious...

anaconda
01-12-2018, 10:06 PM
What about elected positions like Sheriff, where they have both a responsibility and accountability to the people? Just curious...

If people want to pool their money and hire body guards I guess I'm OK with that. No elected Sheriffs, please.