PDA

View Full Version : Is Huckabee one of those women hating Christians?

klamath
12-11-2007, 08:18 PM
I have met certain Christian men that seem to hold this real grudge against Eve. This is supported by strong statements against women showing flesh. I know of a man that tried to suduce his teenage stepdaughter and blamed her for not wearing a chin to ankle length dress. He strongly believed that the bible said that women cause all lust. He belonged to a church that made the women cover up.

Why I wonder this is Huck sure seems to have a high level of sympathy for male sex offenders as though they weren't at fault? I believe some of the articles that were closely aligned with Huckabee, that sided with Dumond were calling the rape victim a husy. Am I way off base here or is this how Huckabee views it?

apc3161
12-11-2007, 08:24 PM
In August of 1998, Huckabee was one of 131 signatories to a full page USA Today Ad which declared: “I affirm the statement on the family issued by the 1998 Southern Baptist Convention.” What was in the family statement from the SBC? “A wife is to submit herself graciously to the servant leadership of her husband even as the church willingly submits to the headship of Christ.”

The answer to your question is yes.

klamath
12-11-2007, 08:36 PM
In August of 1998, Huckabee was one of 131 signatories to a full page USA Today Ad which declared: “I affirm the statement on the family issued by the 1998 Southern Baptist Convention.” What was in the family statement from the SBC? “A wife is to submit herself graciously to the servant leadership of her husband even as the church willingly submits to the headship of Christ.”

The answer to your question is yes.

I know a lot of churches believe this on the wife but alot of them also tend to cherish womenhood where as others seem to have a lot of disdain and hate for women.

Fox McCloud
12-11-2007, 08:40 PM
I wouldn't say that statement is enough to justify that position, apc3161, as the context from the Bible does not even begin to lend fact that we're supposed to treat women as less human.

Yes, women cause men problems....but men also choose whether or not to resist temptation.

This is probably one of the reasons (so I've heard) that Ron Paul doesn't travel by himself with another woman.

I fail to see how this relates to Ron's campaign; if this was a topic on "How to win Christians from Huckabee to Paul" it'd be great, but...it's a bit aloof in this setting.

Meatwasp
12-11-2007, 09:08 PM
I wouldn't say that statement is enough to justify that position, apc3161, as the context from the Bible does not even begin to lend fact that we're supposed to treat women as less human.

Yes, women cause men problems....but men also choose whether or not to resist temptation.

This is probably one of the reasons (so I've heard) that Ron Paul doesn't travel by himself with another woman.

I fail to see how this relates to Ron's campaign; if this was a topic on "How to win Christians from Huckabee to Paul" it'd be great, but...it's a bit aloof in this setting.

He put it in the right setting