PDA

View Full Version : A little bit inspiring

gpickett00
12-11-2007, 07:42 PM
Last weekend my parents came in town to visit me at college before winter break. I went with them to dinner at their friends house, when at dinner the conversation quickly turned to politics. (Uncharacteristic of my parents to allow this to happen.) It turns out that the couple we ate with both happened to be registered democrats but are now planning on registering republican to vote for Ron Paul in the primaries. I didn't even have to be aggressive, they just asked me what I thought about Paul. I told them I knew that he could win the election and they seemed pretty enthusiastic about continuing support for him.

Story 2: Today at 3pm I had a financial accounting exam and while I was waiting for the exam to start, some kid pointed at my laptop and asked, "Who is that guy, I see his name everywhere!?" (I have a blue Ron Paul bumper sticker on the back of my white laptop.) I was reading something and didn't have time to convert him, so I mumbled, "Ron Paul is the frontrunner republican running for president." He responded, "oh, cool."

I love encountering seemingly random situations where I get a chance to talk about Ron Paul. Its good to know that his name is really getting out there!

1913_to_2008
12-11-2007, 07:46 PM
It's all staged budy. Buffet is one of them. The elite owners of this country. In a real world scenario he would support Ron Paul no doubt. the media would also cover him and he would be the next president if we weren't owned by some fascist pigs.

user
12-11-2007, 07:53 PM
Nice, I hope we can increase RP's name recognition by an order of magnitude before the primaries start.

Mr. White
12-11-2007, 07:55 PM
It's all staged budy. Buffet is one of them. The elite owners of this country. In a real world scenario he would support Ron Paul no doubt. the media would also cover him and he would be the next president if we weren't owned by some fascist pigs.

It's like your some sort of retarded conspiracy machine. Pull the plug and jog around the block, come back and then post something in context without insanity.

Indy Vidual
12-11-2007, 07:55 PM

I think you responded to another current thread by mistake.

Indy Vidual
12-11-2007, 07:56 PM
Last weekend my parents came in town to visit me at college before winter break. I went with them to dinner at their friends house, when at dinner the conversation quickly turned to politics. (Uncharacteristic of my parents to allow this to happen.) It turns out that the couple we ate with both happened to be registered democrats but are now planning on registering republican to vote for Ron Paul in the primaries. I didn't even have to be aggressive, they just asked me what I thought about Paul. I told them I knew that he could win the election and they seemed pretty enthusiastic about continuing support for him.

Story 2: Today at 3pm I had a financial accounting exam and while I was waiting for the exam to start, some kid pointed at my laptop and asked, "Who is that guy, I see his name everywhere!?" (I have a blue Ron Paul bumper sticker on the back of my white laptop.) I was reading something and didn't have time to convert him, so I mumbled, "Ron Paul is the frontrunner republican running for president." He responded, "oh, cool."

I love encountering seemingly random situations where I get a chance to talk about Ron Paul. Its good to know that his name is really getting out there!

Thank you, for a positive story :)