PDA

View Full Version : Craigs List

deehrler
12-11-2007, 06:44 PM
I have been warehousing thousands of photo albums that I finally decided to give away. A friend suggested that I list them in the 'Free' section on Craig's List. I did and people stormed the place.

As I give them out I said, "Oh, I forgot to tell you that they really are not free." "You have to read this". I handed them RP literature.

So the moral to the story is........ I made a good pitch for RP to about 50 people, got a tax write off and freed up a lot of space. I didn't have to go through the punishment of knocking on doors. Everyone smiled.

AisA1787
12-11-2007, 06:47 PM
brilliant!

deehrler
12-12-2007, 04:42 PM
Update:

It is Wednesday and I am still giving away surplus albums. Though it is slower than yesterday so I have been able to talk to the bargain-seekers. I have run out of slim jims, but that doesn't seem to matter. After loading their vehicles I am use the catchwords of,

"Oh, I forgot to tell you...its not really free." They respond with a look of puzzlement. Then I say kiddingly, "You have to vote for this guy", and point to my RP bumper sticker. The result is a broad smile and often a lengthy discussion.

I would estimate that 1/3rd of the people never heard about RP. They were very receptive and promised to follow him. The majority of 2/3'rds all said that they had a favorable impression of him. About half of them, mostly young were already RP converts. All were concerned about the direction this country was headed.

The Asians were unanimously enthusiastic about Paul. The Latinos were less familiar with him, but I suspect that many of them were illegals and probably won't vote. But the Latinos were the nicest and the most talkative about issues. Yes, even they know that unlimited immigration will destroy their children's future.

Not a single individual of any ethnicity suggested that any candidate from either party was a better candidate, maybe out of politeness or fear that I would really make them unload.

There is a lot of underlying support for RP in supposedly liberal LA.

deehrler
12-13-2007, 07:41 PM
It is Thursday, I changed the ad to read "1 box per person unless you use the password 'Boston Tea Party', then you may have as many as you wish". That was my intro and it worked GREAT! At one point today I had 5 people listening to me at once, asking questions and commenting. I am convinced that I converted them all. All the albums are gone and I believe that I made an impact.

The big issue is our foreign intervention, economy and loss of faith in our government. I never asked what party affiliation anyone subscribed to, but this is Los Angeles and I can only assume that most of them were Democrats. If that is the case, the 2008 Democratic slate is docking in vulnerable waters. In my entire lifetime, I have never seen so many disgruntled members of both parties.

I know that Ron Paul avers that he will not run as a 3rd party candidate. His stand is appropriate for now. But for the same token, the day that Ron Paul does not win the Republican nomination would be the day to start a viable 3rd party. This movement is bigger than anyone realizes. Its ideology is more marketable than that of any existing party and it deserves an organization of its own.