PDA

View Full Version : Democratic lawmaker: Women's clothing an 'invitation' to harassment

Swordsmyth
12-13-2017, 10:30 PM
A female Democratic House member shocked fellow lawmakers Wednesday when she said that the revealing clothing that some members and staffers wear is an “invitation” to sexual harassment.
Rep. Marcy Kaptur (D-Ohio) made the comments during a private Democratic Caucus meeting Wednesday to discuss sexual harassment issues, according to two Democratic sources in the room.

“I saw a member yesterday with her cleavage so deep it was down to the floor,” Kaptur said, according to the sources present. “And what I’ve seen … it's really an invitation.” The comments left many others in the room stunned, the sources said.
Kaptur said women on Capitol Hill should have to abide by a stricter dress code, like those adopted by the military or corporations.
“Maybe I’ll get booed for saying this, but many companies and the military [have] a dress code,” she said. “I have been appalled at some of the dress of ... members and staff. Men have to wear ties and suits.”

More at: https://www.politico.com/story/2017/12/13/marcy-kaptur-womens-clothing-sexual-harassment-294974

Being a Demoncrat her first thought is to make a compulsory rule, she would never dream of calling for an end to the witch hunt and for women to take responsibility for their choices.

What do you think? Will she be run out of office on a rail? Or will they require Burkas for Congresswomen?

oyarde
12-13-2017, 11:09 PM
Marcy looks pretty safe to me . Ohios 9th district since 1983 . Typical dem politician . Never had a real job in her life . student until politician . Like Biden , Obama etc .

Swordsmyth
12-13-2017, 11:21 PM
Marcy looks pretty safe to me . Ohios 9th district since 1983 . Typical dem politician . Never had a real job in her life . student until politician . Like Biden , Obama etc .

The threat to her job would be from a fellow dem launching a primary challenge with the DNC's blessing and cooperation.

Root
12-14-2017, 07:34 AM
This thread needs pictures and examples. Perhaps a chart or two.

fedupinmo
12-14-2017, 08:01 AM
It's more of a dare, if you think about it...

euphemia
12-14-2017, 08:42 AM
I agree that everyone needs to be professionally dressed at work. The dress code at my job is somewhat casual, but that still means covered up.

Brian4Liberty
12-14-2017, 11:43 AM
I once had an introductory one on one meeting with a customer/client at her office. She wore a top cut so low that she had three inches of cleavage below her normal tan line exposed. Obvious that she didn't normally dress like that, found it odd. She also had an employee who was beyond flirtatious (and quite attractive). I think I was sexually harassed, but I'm not sure.