PDA

View Full Version : I would like to voice my personal opinion...

BLS
12-11-2007, 06:38 PM
There are ALOT of people here who constantly bash HQ and the ads they are running. Not enough money spent, wrong demographic, etc.

I do NOT know jack squat about running a campaign.

Do you?

Ron has been elected 5 times to Congress.
Many times against very tough competition.

Have some faith. Keep doing what you're doing.
Keep donating.

Ron and his crew know how to do the rest. I trust them.
If you trust him enough to give him your hard earned money, trust him enough to know what he's doing.

He cannot, and is not going to run a 'typical' campaign.
He couldn't because he didn't have the money.

I want you to look at this graph and tell me what YOU see.
http://thecaseforronpaul.com/images/FR%20Q1%20Q2%20Q3%20Q4.jpg

I'll tell you what I see.

I see a HUGE groundswell of support.
I see the ONLY candidate with a EXPONENTIAL rise in fundraising.
I see our next President of the United States and it ain't even gonna be f'ing close.

That's what I see.

So, I'm begging you all....please...just take a DEEP BREATH (trust me...you'll feel better) and let them do their job.

We'll keep doing what we're doing and let them WOW us.

We've WOWED them with the money we've raised, and we are going to SHOW THE WORLD on Sunday, December 16th who the REAL American's support.

ReallyNow
12-11-2007, 06:39 PM
I agree. I think the campaign is sly as a fox and will come out on top after all is said and done. It's still fun to speculate about what they're doing, though. And that first television ad...ugh. :D

He's catchin' on!

BLS
12-11-2007, 06:44 PM
I agree. I think the campaign is sly as a fox and will come out on top after all is said and done. It's still fun to speculate about what they're doing, though. And that first television ad...ugh. :D

He's catchin' on!

You know...when I saw the first ad, I was in the same boat. I was like :rolleyes:.

But what I'm starting to realize is this is the VERY FIRST time many of these people saw or heard his ads.

I think you're right....they were SLY about the first ad.
It's supposed to be lighthearted, even 'stupid' if you will.
It EASES him in...not jamming him down their throats, which is what they are probably all used to (the voters).

I trust them. They are going to do just fine.

Eric21ND
12-11-2007, 06:48 PM
Let's just be honest here...the grassroots have been putting out some amazing ads lately.

The first ad was an F

The 2nd and 3rd were C+

The 4th and latest ad is a B

Eric21ND
12-11-2007, 06:49 PM
The radio ads on the other hand have been top notch A+

sluggo
12-11-2007, 06:52 PM
Think back to the Value Voters debate. Ron patiently waved his chance to speak throughout the debate. Instead, he used the time to deliver a 4 minute speech at the end that absolutely nailed it.

So keep funding the grassroots, passing out literature, and writing those letters. I believe they are going to launch a blitz soon enough.

BLS
12-11-2007, 07:09 PM
Let's just be honest here...the grassroots have been putting out some amazing ads lately.

The first ad was an F

The 2nd and 3rd were C+

The 4th and latest ad is a B

I agree; The grassroots does some amazing work. But see my post above regarding the first ad. I think it was that way BY DESIGN. Just my .02

Vendico
12-11-2007, 07:15 PM
I think they know exactly what their doing. Remember, they might actually be smarter than us...

Mandrik
12-11-2007, 07:19 PM
Well said, BLS! Let the gassroots run the grassroots, and the campaign run the campaign.

pacelli
12-11-2007, 07:34 PM
Nice post, supported by data (well done graph by the way). I think your graph supports the campaigns statement (at least in Iowa) that they are operating on a logarithmic curve.

We need to remain positive, we are the Ron Paul revolution.

V-rod
12-11-2007, 07:35 PM
The tortise shall beat the hare.

sirachman
12-11-2007, 07:38 PM
Well said, I'll add my /AGREE to that

Buzz
12-11-2007, 07:39 PM
I agree; The grassroots does some amazing work. But see my post above regarding the first ad. I think it was that way BY DESIGN. Just my .02

Of course it was the way it was by design. The RP campaign had the resources to make the slickest, most modern ad it wanted.

biersal
12-11-2007, 07:58 PM
I think the ad was made to look that way, because the appeal of the ad is also the appeal of Dr. Paul. He's not slick and polished and packaged by marketing types, he is is an everyman who has a powerful message and is not willing to stray from it no matter what anybody tells him. I think the ad has those sensibilities.

My feeling is that they are waiting on the tea party....after sunday they will know how much their warchest is to make it into Feb. If we do the heavy lifting in Iowa and NH and to a lesser extent SC and NV, and the results turn out like we think they will, the campaign will have a short period of time to get the message to as many people in 40+ states as possible in a short period of time. That will require a lot of $$. So, if the tea party does 7-10mil, they will be able to spend more in the short term.