PDA

View Full Version : Live updates: Alabama Senate race

Pages : [1] 2

Swordsmyth
12-12-2017, 02:28 PM
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/live-updates-alabama-senate-race-election-results-exit-polls-live-coverage-voting-today-live-stream/

Last Updated Dec 12, 2017 3:21 PM EST

Watch here for live Alabama Senate special election results and exit pollsRepublican Roy Moore, the embattled former chief justice on the state's supreme court, and Democrat Doug Jones, a widely respected former U.S. attorney, are running for Jeff Sessions' old Senate seat today in a special election that's being watched closely across the country.

CANDIDATE
PARTY
VOTE PCT.

Doug Jones
Democrat
0.0 %

Roy Moore
Republican
0.0 %

Polls open at 8 a.m. ET and close at 8 p.m. ET. That's 7 a.m. local time and 7 p.m. local time. The first exit polls are expected later this afternoon.

Swordsmyth
12-12-2017, 02:35 PM
http://www.newsweek.com/alabama-election-updates-latest-745195

phill4paul
12-12-2017, 02:36 PM
http://www.wvtm13.com/article/2017-alabama-senate-election-results-via-ap-interactive-county-map/14408834

CaptUSA
12-12-2017, 02:42 PM
I'm sorry. Is it just me?

I mean, if this race matters to you then I think you watch too much TV. The media did its job, once again, and split you on one side or the other.

This is just about replacing Jeff Sessions in the Senate - if not for the fake "controversy", this wouldn't even be a blip on anyone's radar.

Anti Federalist
12-12-2017, 02:44 PM
Republican Roy Moore, the embattled former chief justice on the state's supreme court, and Democrat Doug Jones, a widely respected former U.S. attorney

LOL

Government media organ bias much?

William Tell
12-12-2017, 02:45 PM
The Bipartisan Establishment has spent $40-50 Million to stop Roy Moore from winning this seat. Today is Alabama's chance to vote for Rand Paul and Thomas Massie's endorsed Constitutional candidate and tell the elites where to go!

Anti Federalist
12-12-2017, 02:46 PM

I mean, if this race matters to you then I think you watch too much TV. The media did its job, once again, and split you on one side or the other.

This is just about replacing Jeff Sessions in the Senate - if not for the fake "controversy", this wouldn't even be a blip on anyone's radar.

Yes.

A Moore win would add another valuable anti establishment voice in the Senate.

A voice that has made it clear that his outlook is much closer to the Paul's than anybody else on the political spectrum.

That's a win.

So is the SJW meltdown that is sure to follow if he wins.

That alone is worth it.

Anti Federalist
12-12-2017, 02:46 PM
///

William Tell
12-12-2017, 02:48 PM
Moore will be the first true grassroots Senate victory since Rand Paul won in 2010. He has the chance to be the domino to set the stage for 2018, that's why they are pulling out all the stops.

phill4paul
12-12-2017, 02:49 PM

This election has become about the underhanded tactics used by the right/left establishment and the media, at least for me. I don't want to see them succeed or there will be more of it. This election is also about states rights to sit a senator. If Moore wins I would love to see the Senate try to censure him and the resulting chaos.

Jamesiv1
12-12-2017, 02:51 PM
This race will also show whether or not the Trump Train has coat-tails. Bannon campaigned hard for Moore, Trump gave him a full-on endorsement, and the Establishment players pulled out all the stops to take him down.

The fact that Roy Moore gets people like Mitch McConnell literally shaking is enough to want Moore to win. And win big.

This election will have national repercussions.

specsaregood
12-12-2017, 02:52 PM

https://whydyoueatthat.files.wordpress.com/2012/05/funny-animal-captions-are-you-not-entertained1.png

Randal endorsed him and STOOD by it, that's enough for me to think it important.

oyarde
12-12-2017, 02:58 PM
Polls open to 8:00 ? WTH , that is not the rust belt , people do not work that late unless they do not start to 3:00 .LOL

William Tell
12-12-2017, 03:00 PM
Polls open to 8:00 ? WTH , that is not the rust belt , people do not work that late unless they do not start to 3:00 .LOL

Actually they close 7 Central and 8 Eastern.

dannno
12-12-2017, 03:02 PM

Well this seems to be the second time you have gotten confused between fake media controversy employed to divert your attention away from real issues (i.e. Justin Bieber arrest report interrupts interview with a congresswoman about NSA surveillance) and an actual negative attack campaign by the media (i.e. Trump).

Zippyjuan
12-12-2017, 05:26 PM
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/early-alabama-senate-exit-polls/

Early exit polling shows Jones voters are more strongly behind their candidate than Moore voters. Eight in 10 Jones voters say they strongly favor him, compared to just over half of Moore backers who say that about him. About a third of Moore supporters say they like him, but have reservations. Over one in 10 Moore voters say they were partly motivated by their dislike of Jones.

gaazn
12-12-2017, 05:27 PM
Either way the national Democrat Party win. Moore winning could give some RINO Republicans reason to go independent

Swordsmyth
12-12-2017, 05:29 PM
Either way the national Democrat Party win. Moore winning could give some RINO Republicans reason to go independent

That's still a win for us.

"Fewer but better Republicans"

I doubt it will happen though, they would lose their next re-election.

Swordsmyth
12-12-2017, 05:34 PM
6:14 p.m. More exit poll results — voters evenly split on Trump's job performanceIn a state that overwhelmingly voted for Mr. Trump over Hillary Clinton just one year ago, Alabama voters do not see him as glowingly now. At this point, Alabama voters are split on the president's job performance – 48 percent approve ant 48 percent disapprove.
Both major political parties are viewed unfavorably by more than half of Alabama voters.
Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell isn't popular either. Roughly 69 percent of voters view him unfavorably.
5:51 p.m.: CBS News speaks with Alabama votersCBS News spoke with some voters in Alabama, where, across the state, there was a steady stream of voters in small towns and big cities.
Brenda McClusky proudly voted for Moore.
McClusky said she always thought he was a good man, and doesn't "pay attention" to much of the "talk" about him.
The Jones campaign has hoped to motivate young and African-American voters to elect the first Democrat to the Senate in a quarter century.
Pastor Kenneth Glasgow told CBS News on Monday that he helped register first-time voters, saying they have a "chance" now.
5:20 p.m.: First early exit polls released (https://www.cbsnews.com/news/early-alabama-senate-exit-polls/)The first exit polls are released, revealing Alabama voters divided on the validity of the allegations against Moore. More than four in 10 believe they are false. Most Jones voters believe the accusations, while most of Moore's voters do not.
For about 40 percent of voters, the allegations were the most important factor in their vote, mostly for Jones voters. Moore voters were more motivated by their support for Donald Trump. Early exit polling shows Jones supporters more staunchly behind their candidate than those behind Moore.
Furthermore, most voters had already made up their minds by November – before the allegations against Moore surfaced.
https://cbsnews3.cbsistatic.com/hub/i/r/2017/12/12/9cce1069-97f0-4b52-a7a8-3a80b7af2f9f/resize/620x/c9d2a113a9d4021924913c979dc4927b/unnamed-2.jpg#The majority of voters had already decided who to vote fore before the allegations against Moore arose

CBS News poll
https://cbsnews3.cbsistatic.com/hub/i/r/2017/12/12/03bb7fde-b644-4abc-84d7-f3cb04b9dd54/resize/620x/e018582b227a23096813d1973c1e2973/unnamed-1.jpg#Early exit poll from Alabama special election

CBS News poll
— Results from CBS News' Jennifer DePinto

Update | 5:37 p.m. ET – Early exit poll data should offer further encouragement for Republican candidate Roy Moore, with more Alabama voters stating that they cast their vote as an act of support for DonaldTrump than those who said they did so to voice opposition for the president.
Twenty-nine percent responded to the CNN poll that they were showing their backing for Trump, with 20 percent answering with the reverse. Forty-eight percent said that Trump was not a factor in their decision over whether to vote for Moore or Democrat Doug Jones.
The results do not provide such a rosy picture for Trump, however. In a deep red state, voters were evenly split (48 percent) on whether they approved or disapproved of the job he is doing.
Update | 5:15 p.m. ET – Despite the sexual misconduct allegations against Roy Moore having dominated the Senate race, 55 percent of Alabama voters said they were not an important factor in casting their vote, according to an early CNN exit poll. In contrast, 40 percent said it was an important factor.
The figures suggest encouragement for Moore who has vehemently denied allegations made against him by nine different women. The electorate was split on whether they believed the accusations that Moore preyed on teenage girls when he was in his 30s. Forty-nine percent said they were true, with 45 percent stating they were false. Of those, 29 percent said the allegations were definitely true and 16 percent responded that they were definitely false.

parocks
12-12-2017, 06:03 PM
This race will also show whether or not the Trump Train has coat-tails. Bannon campaigned hard for Moore, Trump gave him a full-on endorsement, and the Establishment players pulled out all the stops to take him down.

The fact that Roy Moore gets people like Mitch McConnell literally shaking is enough to want Moore to win. And win big.

This election will have national repercussions.

I believe this is a referendum on having sex with 14 year old girls. I'm not clear if having sex with 14 year old girls becomes legal if Moore wins, but something like that, I heard something like that on the TV.

euphemia
12-12-2017, 06:20 PM
I believe this is a referendum on having sex with 14 year old girls. I'm not clear if having sex with 14 year old girls becomes legal if Moore wins, but something like that, I heard something like that on the TV.

Get a grip.

Nobody did anything to Barney Frank, who practically destroyed the housing industry and whose partner ran a gay brothel from their shared DC apartment.

And nobody did anything to Ted Kennedy who was a known philanderer, and who allowed Mary Jo Kopechne to drown in the car when he drunkenly drove off the bridge at Chappaquiddick.

phill4paul
12-12-2017, 06:32 PM

Allegations.

specsaregood
12-12-2017, 06:38 PM
Get a grip.

Allegations.

I'm fairly certain that parocks was being sarcastic portraying what the media would like you to believe.

sparebulb
12-12-2017, 06:42 PM

Bad ventriloquist act.

I can see The Texican's lips move on your post.

Swordsmyth
12-12-2017, 06:43 PM
Early exit poll: Majority of Alabama voters believe abortion should be illegalhttps://media3.s-nbcnews.com/j/newscms/2017_50/2259086/alabama_senate_voters_abortion_overall_756f45c2a76 cc487db18def8f78e9040.nbcnews-ux-600-480.png

https://www.nbcnews.com/card/early-exit-poll-majority-alabama-voters-believe-abortion-should-be-n828976

r3volution 3.0
12-12-2017, 06:45 PM
I believe this is a referendum on having sex with 14 year old girls. I'm not clear if having sex with 14 year old girls becomes legal if Moore wins, but something like that, I heard something like that on the TV.Get a grip.

Nobody did anything to Barney Frank, who practically destroyed the housing industry and whose partner ran a gay brothel from their shared DC apartment.

And nobody did anything to Ted Kennedy who was a known philanderer, and who allowed Mary Jo Kopechne to drown in the car when he drunkenly drove off the bridge at Chappaquiddick.

https://i.makeagif.com/media/7-21-2016/Ubx4G9.gif

Which politician is the biggest sexual deviant?

Stay tuned sportsfans.

William Tell
12-12-2017, 06:46 PM
Some of the exit polls suggest a tight race. I'd take them with a grain of salt since so many people aren't going to let themselves be interviewed about someone the media is making out to be the devil. If turnout is even throughout the state whether high or low it should be very hard for Jones to do too well since most districts are Republican.

euphemia
12-12-2017, 06:52 PM
I'm fairly certain that parocks was being sarcastic portraying what the media would like you to believe.

Unlike a lot of people on here, I believe almost nothing put out by the mainstream media. But it is worth reminding people that there have always been sexual scandals in government and some of them have been worth prosecution.

Clinton's people were like, "So what?" That's really what they said. George Stephanopolis said it, James Carville said it.

nikcers
12-12-2017, 06:54 PM
Some of the exit polls suggest a tight race. I'd take them with a grain of salt since so many people aren't going to let themselves be interviewed about someone the media is making out to be the devil. If turnout is even throughout the state whether high or low it should be very hard for Jones to do too well since most districts are Republican.

The news is ridiculous the whole time they are billing the race as a competition between a suspected criminal vs democrat. They don't even use the guys name anymore. Its sad the democrats have lost all credibility on policy and have stooped to such distasteful tactics. It's really an embarrassment to be part of a country that treats their elections this way.

r3volution 3.0
12-12-2017, 07:02 PM
Polls now closed, first results will be incoming soon

William Tell
12-12-2017, 07:03 PM
Live results from New York Times.
https://www.nytimes.com/elections/results/alabama-senate-special-election-roy-moore-doug-jones

oyarde
12-12-2017, 07:04 PM
If exit polls are even dem loses . Because there will be Pub voters that will not say so , my guess .

phill4paul
12-12-2017, 07:04 PM
Polls closed. Time to see the results.

BTW, Alabama’s state Supreme Court late Monday stayed a judge’s earlier order that the state preserve digital voting records in Tuesday’s election. So is it winner take all? No recount?

r3volution 3.0
12-12-2017, 07:05 PM
First votes in, just a couple hundred, (D) 75% to (R) 25%.

parocks
12-12-2017, 07:08 PM

I don't think anyone really knows what my position is on this.

I've been spending a good bit of time over on 4chan/pol/ recently. And there's this concept often used over there, called LARP. Larp means a bunch of different things, one meaning is that you say whatever you want. "You said X, you mean X" "No, that was a Larp, if I say something, it doesn't mean I believe it. Live Action Role Playing. And the "Role" is someone else other than me.

r3volution 3.0
12-12-2017, 07:08 PM
Watching FOX now, they look like they've been taken out back and beat with a shovel.

They think Moore's losing.

r3volution 3.0
12-12-2017, 07:09 PM
Next precinct came in, (D) actually increased, little more than 75%

parocks
12-12-2017, 07:10 PM
Get a grip.

You think that what I was saying was anti Moore. You think I'm some kind of SJW cuck.

specsaregood
12-12-2017, 07:11 PM
I don't think anyone really knows what my position is on this.

I've been spending a good bit of time over on 4chan/pol/ recently. And there's this concept often used over there, called LARP. Larp means a bunch of different things, one meaning is that you say whatever you want. "You said X, you mean X" "No, that was a Larp, if I say something, it doesn't mean I believe it. Live Action Role Playing. And the "Role" is someone else other than me.

Sounds ghey, is LARP something you are supposed to say when you get surprise buttsexed?

r3volution 3.0
12-12-2017, 07:11 PM
Now it's dropping to realistic levels, (D) to 55%

William Tell
12-12-2017, 07:13 PM
First results in are single precincts in bright blue counties and some reds of various shades.

r3volution 3.0
12-12-2017, 07:16 PM
Tucker Carlson is inarticulate, sounds like he's drunk.

That whole network is losing their shit...slowly, calmly, like good mescaline.

William Tell
12-12-2017, 07:18 PM
interesting
Nate Silver (https://fivethirtyeight.com/contributors/nate-silver/) 8:15 PM
Perhaps unsurprisingly, the exit poll shows a large gender gap. Jones is winning among women by 15 points, but Moore is winning among men by 17 points.
By comparison (http://www.cnn.com/election/results/exit-polls), last year Hillary Clinton won women by 13 points nationally but Trump won men by 9 points.

specsaregood
12-12-2017, 07:19 PM

That whole network is losing their shit...slowly, calmly, like good mescaline.

for reference, Carlson is seriously anti-moore.

sparebulb
12-12-2017, 07:20 PM

Funny you say that......

I'm watching AJ and I swear that he's drunk also.

r3volution 3.0
12-12-2017, 07:20 PM
First Mobile (that's a city FYI) precinct comes in, 69.9% for (D).

(D) will win if it gets enough in the cities, not sure what's "enough."

r3volution 3.0
12-12-2017, 07:24 PM
for reference, Carlson is seriously anti-moore.

That's interesting.

He was talking to Brit Hume, I believe, and they both looked very worried.

...they were talking about how it didn't have to be Moore, could have been a stronger candidate.

So, I got the definite impression they were disturbed by the early results/inside tips they get re (D) leading.

AuH20
12-12-2017, 07:28 PM
A lineup of corporate whores look disappointed.

r3volution 3.0
12-12-2017, 07:28 PM
First Montgomery precincts in, 75% (D)

William Tell
12-12-2017, 07:29 PM
Nate Silver (https://fivethirtyeight.com/contributors/nate-silver/) 8:18 PM
Exit polls show Moore winning 56-37 among voters who decided in the last few days — perhaps a sign of the GOP base coming home to him.

William Tell
12-12-2017, 07:30 PM
First Montgomery precincts in, 75% (D)

Ya, Clinton won there with 61%, so looks like tighter race but considering Trump won statewide with 62% might not be tight enough for the dems.

AuH20
12-12-2017, 07:31 PM

r3volution 3.0
12-12-2017, 07:33 PM
(D) 72.9% in Tuscaloosa

Ya, Clinton won there with 61%, so looks like tighter race but considering Trump won statewide with 62% might not be tight enough for the dems.

That's pretty significant.

AuH20
12-12-2017, 07:34 PM
I'm on the floor rolling hard!!!!!!!

William Tell
12-12-2017, 07:35 PM
(D) 72.9% in Tuscaloosa

That's pretty significant. down from 92 earlier. Clinton won with 82%. edit disregard that wrong county.

r3volution 3.0
12-12-2017, 07:36 PM
With 1% of precincts now reporting, ~60-40 (D).

samforpaul
12-12-2017, 07:37 PM
Fox News seems to be stuck on <1% reporting.

r3volution 3.0
down from 92 earlier. Clinton won with 82%. edit disregard that wrong county.

I think you're talking about Greene (was/is 93.6).

Tuscaloosa started at 75, now 72 something.

William Tell
Clare Malone (https://fivethirtyeight.com/contributors/clare-malone/) 8:32 PM
According to the exit polls (https://www.washingtonpost.com/graphics/2017/politics/alabama-exit-polls/?utm_term=.c23220371215#SEXBYRACE), white women in Alabama are staying with Moore. That’s no surprise. Historically, white women have voted Republican, and we saw them stick with Trump (https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/clinton-couldnt-win-over-white-women/) back in 2016, even after the Access Hollywood tape. Partisanship is a force that is truly determinative in recent elections.

Nate Silver (https://fivethirtyeight.com/contributors/nate-silver/) 8:31 PM

As Nate Cohn notes (https://twitter.com/Nate_Cohn/status/940751812445003777), Alabama counties can vary a lot from precinct to precinct — often a mix of very black precincts and very white precincts. So it’s hard to make reliable inferences from incomplete county results. So far, no county has reported more than 7 percent of its votes, so it will be a little while before we can say much about how things are trending.

r3volution 3.0
12-12-2017, 07:39 PM
I really don't know what %s the (D) needs in the cities to win, but what stikes me now (early granted) is how many blue rural counties I see.

...and, BTW, FOX is getting more pissed and yelly as time passes...

P.S. Birmingham first results, 88.6% (D)

sparebulb
12-12-2017, 07:40 PM
(D) 72.9% in Tuscaloosa

Hellhole city centers in Alabama have high negro populations.

Birmingham is 73% negro.

No surprises yet.

AuH20
I really don't know what %s the (D) needs in the cities to win, but what stikes me now (early granted) is how many blue rural counties I see.

...and, BTW, FOX is getting more pissed and yelly as time passes...

Fox is in the tank for Jones. It's the GOPe channel.

specsaregood
That's interesting.
He was talking to Brit Hume, I believe, and they both looked very worried.
...they were talking about how it didn't have to be Moore, could have been a stronger candidate.
So, I got the definite impression they were disturbed by the early results/inside tips they get re (D) leading.

No, he's been tweeting pretty regularly anti-moore stuff. saying that electing moore will kill the pro-life movement, that a moore win is bad for the GOP, etc.

AuH20
12-12-2017, 07:42 PM
Jones is cooked. 30% of whites ain't going to cut it.

Krugminator2
12-12-2017, 07:46 PM
https://www.electionbettingodds.com

toss up right now.

Roy Moore is a such a fucking dimwit. And his wife is also an airhead. My ideal is this guy wins and the Senate immediately votes to remove him.

Zippyjuan
12-12-2017, 07:49 PM
It's early yet but with about four percent in, it is basically tied with roughly 25,000 votes each. Gonna be a long night.

Swordsmyth
12-12-2017, 07:50 PM
Moore ahead at 50%

Swordsmyth
12-12-2017, 07:52 PM
53%

r3volution 3.0
12-12-2017, 07:56 PM
down from 92 earlier. Clinton won with 82%. edit disregard that wrong county.

10-4 my cloven hoofed friend.

No, he's been tweeting pretty regularly anti-moore stuff. saying that electing moore will kill the pro-life movement, that a moore win is bad for the GOP, etc.

I don't know why you're saying "no," I didn't disagree.

Fox is in the tank for Jones. It's the GOPe channel.

Of course my horse.

oyarde
12-12-2017, 07:56 PM
Over 52 percent for Moore with 9 percent in .

specsaregood
12-12-2017, 07:57 PM
https://www.electionbettingodds.com
toss up right now.
Roy Moore is a such a fucking dimwit. And his wife is also an airhead. My ideal is this guy wins and the Senate immediately votes to remove him.

So you want the Senate to have the power to override the will of the voters and remove a duly elected representative that has committed no crimes or even acted inappropriately while serving as a senator? Just because they don't like him? Next will be Randal, then Lee.

oyarde
12-12-2017, 07:57 PM
Moore over 54 percent with 10 percent in .

Swordsmyth
12-12-2017, 07:58 PM
55%

specsaregood
I don't know why you're saying "no," I didn't disagree.

No as in I don't think they would be disturbed if Jones won.

r3volution 3.0
Birmingham, Tuscaloosa, Montgomery, and Mobile have barely come in (all 70-80+ for D).

Zippyjuan
12-12-2017, 07:59 PM
So you want the Senate to have the power to override the will of the voters and remove a duly elected representative that has committed no crimes or even acted inappropriately while serving as a senator? Just because they don't like him? Next will be Randal, then Lee.

Moore wanted to remove a duly elected Senator simply because of his religion.

goldenequity
live auto-refreshing results page

https://www.politico.com/interactives/elections/2017/alabama/special-election/dec-12/

oyarde
Moore still over 50 percent with 15 percent in .

specsaregood
12-12-2017, 08:00 PM
Moore wanted to remove a duly elected Senator simply because of his religion.

Did it happen?

Krugminator2
12-12-2017, 08:02 PM
So you want the Senate to have the power to override the will of the voters and remove a duly elected representative that has committed no crimes or even acted inappropriately while serving as a senator? Next will be Randal, then Lee.

Probably not.

It is more frustration just listening to this guy talk. He is not a bright guy. He doesn't understand the issues. He wouldn't even debate his opponent. He makes Gary Johnson look like the smartest person in the history of the world. He shouldn't have won the primary. He shouldn't have even run. He is a male Christine O'Donnell.

AuH20
12-12-2017, 08:03 PM
This would be like putting Ron Paul in the Senate. I'm giddy as a schoolboy. Moore despises the neocons.

r3volution 3.0
No as in I don't think they would be disturbed if Jones won.

He, not they, you mentioned Carlson's proclivities.

And I didn't say anything to the contrary.

Anyway, if Tucker is the only FOXer who has any sense, that makes a certain amount of sense, he's clearly the most intelligent.

I still recall what he said for Ron's '08 documentary; even if he's a paid whore now, he knows better, unlike the others.

But I digress...

Swordsmyth
51%

oyarde
12-12-2017, 08:04 PM
Moore up about 4 percent with 20 percent in

Krugminator2
12-12-2017, 08:05 PM
This would be like putting Ron Paul in the Senate. I'm giddy as a schoolboy. Moore despises the neocons.

Putting Rand Paul is like putting Ron Paul in the Senate. Putting Mike Lee is to a lesser extent like putting Ron Paul in the Senate. The nicest you could say about Roy Moore is that it is like putting a much lower IQ version of Steve King in the Senate. I am not holding my breath that he would vote as well as Steve King.

Zippyjuan
12-12-2017, 08:05 PM
Did it happen?

No. But he did want Congress to prevent the Senator from being allowing him to take his oath of office. http://www.wnd.com/2006/12/39271/

specsaregood
12-12-2017, 08:07 PM
No. But he did want Congress to prevent the Senator from being allowing him to take his oath of office. http://www.wnd.com/2006/12/39271/

He is entitled to his opinion, even if I disagree. Point is, the guy was seated and not removed just cuz somebody didn't like him.

Swordsmyth
12-12-2017, 08:08 PM
52%

Swordsmyth
12-12-2017, 08:10 PM
53%

r3volution 3.0
(D) winning Huntsville 56% with 12/72 precincts.

That's the only city of consequence that might have gone for Moore.

Zippyjuan
25% in- 138,000 to 118,000

oyarde
12-12-2017, 08:11 PM
26 percent in , Moore up 8 %

specsaregood
12-12-2017, 08:12 PM
53%

NYT currently showing Jones with 52% chance of winning.

correction: now 57%

Now 63% lol

Swordsmyth
12-12-2017, 08:14 PM
52%

oyarde
12-12-2017, 08:15 PM
Moore up 5 percent with 32 percent in .

r3volution 3.0
12-12-2017, 08:15 PM
Montgomery, Mobile, and Tuscaloosa have barely come in.

Birmingham's about 25% in.

All at 70-80+.

Zippyjuan
12-12-2017, 08:17 PM
One third reported. 180,000 to 161,000.

specsaregood
12-12-2017, 08:17 PM
Montgomery, Mobile, and Tuscaloosa have barely come in.

Birmingham's about 25% in.

All at 70-80+.

NYT now showing jones with 77% chance of winning

AuH20
12-12-2017, 08:18 PM

parocks
12-12-2017, 08:19 PM

enemy of enemy = friend

parocks
12-12-2017, 08:20 PM

oyarde
12-12-2017, 08:22 PM
At 40 percent the five percent Moore lead is starting to steady out

Zippyjuan
12-12-2017, 08:22 PM
40% in- 219,00 to 199,000.

Swordsmyth
12-12-2017, 08:23 PM
52%

r3volution 3.0
12-12-2017, 08:24 PM
NYT now showing jones with 77% chance of winning

I think that's about right.

By my rough mental figuring (mind you, I'm not a math guy), if the cities hold, Moore's cooked.

oyarde
12-12-2017, 08:25 PM
Moore leading 6 percent with 43 percent in .

r3volution 3.0
12-12-2017, 08:27 PM
Montgomery 3/99 precincts

Mobile 4/190 "

Birmingham 63/172 "

3.3% spread right now

parocks
12-12-2017, 08:28 PM

oyarde
12-12-2017, 08:28 PM
50 percent in , Moore up 3.7 %

Zippyjuan
12-12-2017, 08:29 PM
50% in- a bit closer now. 264,000 to 246,000.

parocks
12-12-2017, 08:30 PM
Precincts reporting: 49.8%
RRoy Moore
51.3%
267,360 votes
DDoug Jones
47.4%
247,009 votes
OOther candidates1.3%
6,948 votes

parocks
12-12-2017, 08:31 PM
Precincts reporting: 52.2%
RRoy Moore
51.7%
278,188 votes
DDoug Jones
47.0%
252,600 votes

Swordsmyth
12-12-2017, 08:31 PM
52%

parocks
12-12-2017, 08:32 PM
Precincts reporting: 54.5%
RRoy Moore
52.3%
301,962 votes
DDoug Jones
46.3%
266,985 votes

parocks
12-12-2017, 08:33 PM
Precincts reporting: 55.8%
RRoy Moore
52.7%
308,911 votes
DDoug Jones
45.9%
269,232 votes

oyarde
12-12-2017, 08:33 PM
All those write ins are interesting .

r3volution 3.0
12-12-2017, 08:34 PM
Mobile coming in now, numbers for (D) rising, 77.5%

oyarde
12-12-2017, 08:35 PM
58 percent in , Moore up 7 percent

Swordsmyth
12-12-2017, 08:36 PM
53%

Zippyjuan
60% in- a bunch of heavily Moore precincts seem to have recently reported in. 334,000 to 287,000.

oyarde
Mobile coming in now, numbers for (D) rising, 77.5%

They are projecting a 3 percent dem victory .

sparebulb
I think that we should get a victory gift for Rev and Zippy when their man Jones wins.

Who wants to chip in?

And what should we get them?

oyarde
12-12-2017, 08:38 PM
62 percent in Moore up 7.2 percent . 50k votes

r3volution 3.0
12-12-2017, 08:40 PM
It's going to be close.

Overall, that's optimistic.

I think (D) wins, but more like 1 point.

Swordsmyth
12-12-2017, 08:40 PM
53% again

samforpaul
12-12-2017, 08:41 PM

Yeah, what's up w that?
Confusing.

oyarde
12-12-2017, 08:44 PM
65 percent in , Moore leads by 8 percent .

Zippyjuan
12-12-2017, 08:44 PM
65% now reported- 369,000- 314,000.

samforpaul
12-12-2017, 08:45 PM
Moore lead continues to widen.

r3volution 3.0
12-12-2017, 08:46 PM
Most of the larger GOP-leading counties have mostly come in.

oyarde
12-12-2017, 08:46 PM
Yeah, what's up w that?
Confusing.

They must be expecting big totals from two or three cites , gonna be tough to swing 8 percent with nearly 70 percent in ( 67 )

timosman
12-12-2017, 08:48 PM
Yeah, what's up w that?
Confusing.

Trying to shape reality. Wishful thinking.:cool:

Zippyjuan
12-12-2017, 08:48 PM
Just a moment ago, the lead was 55,000. Now with 70% in it has dropped. 394,000 to 356,000- 38,000 difference.

oyarde
12-12-2017, 08:49 PM
Still up 5 percent with 70 percent in .

parocks
12-12-2017, 08:49 PM
Bunch of Mobile and Birmingham just came in, race tightened,

Precincts reporting: 70.1%
RRoy Moore
51.8%
401,467 votes
DDoug Jones
46.8%
363,307 votes

timosman
12-12-2017, 08:51 PM
I think that we should get a victory gift for Rev and Zippy when their man Jones wins.

Who wants to chip in?

And what should we get them?

A participation trophy. I hope they get paid overtime for tonight.

oyarde
12-12-2017, 08:52 PM
4.8 percent lead with 72 percent in

William Tell
12-12-2017, 08:53 PM
There ought to be some Republican precincts coming in from Jefferson.

Zippyjuan
12-12-2017, 08:54 PM
Getting closer. 75% in. 432,000 to 411,000. 21,000 different.

r3volution 3.0
They must be expecting big totals from two or three cites , gonna be tough to swing 8 percent with nearly 70 percent in ( 67 )

That's 70% of precincts, not of votes, remember.

1 precinct in the city is worth several in podunk.

...now go pack me a peace pipe you savage.

oyarde
76 percent in , Moore winning by nearly 3 percent .

oyarde
12-12-2017, 08:56 PM
They are now predicting the dem victory at 2 percent .

samforpaul
12-12-2017, 08:56 PM
That was a fast swing.

oyarde
12-12-2017, 08:57 PM
Over 12k write ins .

sparebulb
12-12-2017, 09:00 PM
If this goes down as usual, the D machine is holding back and counting to see how many votes they need to come up with to flip the result.

timosman
12-12-2017, 09:02 PM
That's 70% of precincts, not of votes, remember.

1 precinct in the city is worth several in podunk.

...now go pack me a peace pipe you savage.

Why are you such a moron?:cool:

oyarde
12-12-2017, 09:03 PM
Still up nearly 3 percent with nearly 80 percent 100 percent reported .

timosman
12-12-2017, 09:03 PM
If this goes down as usual, the D machine is holding back and counting to see how many votes they need to come up with to flip the result.

I don't think they'll be able to do that. The Projected vote margin on NYT page is a joke - https://www.nytimes.com/elections/results/alabama-senate-special-election-roy-moore-doug-jones

oyarde
12-12-2017, 09:04 PM

Yeah , that 12k write ins could hurt .

Zippyjuan
12-12-2017, 09:04 PM
80% reported. Another big jump. Went from 24,000 ahead down to 9,000. 475,000 to 466,000.

oyarde
12-12-2017, 09:05 PM
They are now predicting a one percent dem victory , Moore leads by 1 percent with 81 percent in .

Jamesiv1
12-12-2017, 09:05 PM
CBS is reporting Moore way ahead:

CANDIDATE
PARTY
PCT.
VOTES

Doug Jones
Democrat
42.13 %

Roy Moore
Republican
56.61 %

Write-In

1.26 %

Superfluous Man
12-12-2017, 09:07 PM
CBS is reporting Moore way ahead:

CANDIDATE
PARTY
PCT.
VOTES

Doug Jones
Democrat
42.13 %

Roy Moore
Republican
56.61 %

Write-In

1.26 %

That's old.

Check out the live updates at NY Times.
https://www.nytimes.com/elections/results/alabama-senate-special-election-roy-moore-doug-jones

r3volution 3.0
0.5% spread

Montgomery less than half in, Mobile less than a third, Birmingham has a 1/3rd to go.

Moore's done.

I'm calling it.

Official R3vo Call™

Zippyjuan
84.5% and the lead is down to less than 4,000 votes. 510,000- 506,000.

r3volution 3.0
12-12-2017, 09:11 PM
84.5% and the lead is down to less than 4,000 votes. 510,000- 506,000.

522 v. 515 right now.

D's going to get 30k net from Montgomery alone.

r3volution 3.0
12-12-2017, 09:13 PM
And about 30k net from Birmingham for (D) yet to come.

About 20k from Mobile.

...there aren't enough GOP precincts to overcome that.

Zippyjuan
12-12-2017, 09:16 PM
85.45% of precincts in and it is nearly tied- 133 votes separating them.

r3volution 3.0
12-12-2017, 09:17 PM
(D) takes the lead

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/xZ_JiU7L9Zk/hqdefault.jpg

parocks
12-12-2017, 09:17 PM
Jones is leading and most of the cities are still out.

Zippyjuan
12-12-2017, 09:18 PM
This is a pretty big voter turnout for a special election. Alabama has 3.3 million registered voters.

Raginfridus
12-12-2017, 09:22 PM
Live footage from Alabamy ballot box:

https://static.hwpi.harvard.edu/files/styles/os_slideshow_3%3A1_980/public/histpol/files/hogart-980.jpg?m=1452818131&itok=Wt9-5zc5

donnay
12-12-2017, 09:23 PM
Report: Alabama Senate Candidate Doug Jones Backed By George Soros-Funded PACs
https://thepoliticalinsider.com/doug-jones-funded-george-soros/?utm_referrer=https%3A%2F%2Fzen.yandex.com

r3volution 3.0
It's going to be a larger margin than I thought, around 3%.

timosman
0.5% spread

Montgomery less than half in, Mobile less than a third, Birmingham has a 1/3rd to go.

Moore's done.

I'm calling it.

Official R3vo Call™

Even a broken clock ....

oyarde
12-12-2017, 09:24 PM
About 89 % in , looks like Jones up by 10k votes

r3volution 3.0
12-12-2017, 09:25 PM
FOX calls it for (D)

tommyrp12
12-12-2017, 09:25 PM

timosman
12-12-2017, 09:27 PM
Will Franken resign?

Anti Globalist
Doug Jones wins senate seat.

William Tell
The Alabama grassroots will have their revenge. Shelby and the rest will pay.

sparebulb
12-12-2017, 09:28 PM
Let's here the "libertarian case for Doug Jones".

Congratulations Zippy and Rev3.

Zippyjuan
12-12-2017, 09:29 PM
90% precincts. Jones: 579,717- Moore: 574,575

r3volution 3.0
12-12-2017, 09:31 PM
Mr. Bannon (aka cunt banker in olive drab pretending to have thoughts),

I will expect your public self-immolation tomorrow morning during my cheerios.

Zippyjuan
12-12-2017, 09:34 PM
Mr. Bannon (aka $#@! banker in olive drab pretending to have thoughts),

I will expect your public self-immolation tomorrow morning during my cheerios.

Trump picked/ endorsed candidates in Alabama are now 0-2.

oyarde
12-12-2017, 09:34 PM
Thanks alabama for giving us the gift of a dem lawyer in the senate , we really needed that .

phill4paul
12-12-2017, 09:35 PM
SJW's fapping themselves into a frenzy.

ILUVRP
12-12-2017, 09:35 PM
i think a lot of women voters will tell their husbands and pollsters they will vote for moore but inside they believe the girls and when alone they vote for jones .

r3volution 3.0
12-12-2017, 09:39 PM
Trump picked/ endorsed candidates in Alabama are now 0-2.

Fuck Trump and everyone who looks like Trump.

These people only learn from one thing: defeat.

Are they tired of losing yet?

...no, not yet, two years.

Zippyjuan
12-12-2017, 09:39 PM
Means the Republicans can lose only one vote and pass their tax reform bill through the Senate without any Democratic votes.

Raginfridus
12-12-2017, 09:40 PM
Was all America watching this one? Was it a yuggggge! deal?

r3volution 3.0
12-12-2017, 09:43 PM
Was all America watching this one? Was it a yuggggge! deal?

It was the biggest ...well, other than American Idol.

Brian4Liberty
12-12-2017, 09:45 PM
Breaking:

Selma, Alabama:

- Population: ~21,000.
- Votes for Doug Jones (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQw4w9WgXcQ): ~25,000.

Swordsmyth
12-12-2017, 09:46 PM
Breaking:

Selma, Alabama:

Time for the recounts and lawsuits

Raginfridus
12-12-2017, 09:46 PM
Breaking:

Selma, Alabama:

And so, it begins...:D

It was the biggest ...well, other than American Idol.I'm glad my fellow Americans have something important to do on Tuesday nights... I sure as shit don't.

I can appreciate the Kentucky Derby - I've been twice - and all the trainers, owners, riders, horsies go through, but elections are fucking trash. Really, we need Thunder Dome.

phill4paul
12-12-2017, 09:47 PM
Breaking:

Selma, Alabama:

Wouldn't matter.

9:05 a.m. Dec. 12, 2017: Late Monday night, the Alabama Supreme Court stayed the Montgomery County Circuit Court's order earlier that day directing Alabama election officials to preserve digital ballot images during Tuesday's Senate election.

http://www.al.com/news/index.ssf/2017/12/judge_orders_alabama_not_to_de.html

All evidence would probably gone.

Zippyjuan
12-12-2017, 09:49 PM
96.1% reporting:

Jones: 629,755
Moore: 619,952

No tweets from Trump yet.

liveandletlive
12-12-2017, 09:50 PM
Bannon f*cked this one up for the R's

Zippyjuan
12-12-2017, 09:55 PM
http://www.cnn.com/2017/12/12/politics/alabama-election-latest/index.html

GOP senator calls on Doug Jones to vote with Republicans

"Tonight’s results are clear – the people of Alabama deemed Roy Moore unfit to serve in the US Senate,” said NRSC Chairman Sen. Cory Gardner. “I hope Senator-elect Doug Jones will do the right thing and truly represent Alabama by choosing to vote with the Senate Republican Majority.”

It's Gardner's job to elect Republicans to the Senate. He believed that Moore should be expelled from the Senate if he was elected.

Good luck with that.

r3volution 3.0
12-12-2017, 09:59 PM
Breaking:

Selma, Alabama:

How about a source that isn't a youtube video?

Give me a text source.

Brian4Liberty
12-12-2017, 09:59 PM
So I take it that someone can win a Senate seat in Alabama without a majority? Never been fan of plurality elections.

Meanwhile, somewhere in a shady backroom, Mitch McConnell, Bill Kristol, John McCain and Lee Busby celebrate another victory...

r3volution 3.0
12-12-2017, 10:01 PM
No tweets from Trump yet.

Something something terrific, something something the best; something something Make America Great Again.

...there you go.

parocks
12-12-2017, 10:02 PM
Breaking:

Selma, Alabama:

Interesting.

phill4paul
12-12-2017, 10:04 PM
The 1.7% that voted other than Moore or Jones could have made the difference either way. Interesting election night.

RonZeplin
12-12-2017, 10:06 PM
Candidates endorsed by Trump need to give him the finger, early and often!

r3volution 3.0
12-12-2017, 10:06 PM
The 1.7% that voted other than Moore or Jones could have made the difference either way. Interesting election night.

They lacked intestinal fortitude.

...couldn't bring themselves to vote for either scumbag.

I like them best.

parocks
12-12-2017, 10:08 PM
Breaking:

Selma, Alabama:

Looked it up. Nope. Wrong.

dallas county - population 41131
selma alabama - population 18963

dallas county votes

There were 14K votes in Dallas County. There is a population of 41K in Dallas County. It doesn't seem out of the ordinary, based on that.

RJB
12-12-2017, 10:08 PM
Meanwhile, somewhere in a shady backroom, Mitch McConnell, Bill Kristol, John McCain and Lee Busby celebrate another victory...

And in another room, Zip, Rev, Superfluous, etc. celebrate as well. Cheers to them. Well played.

Brian4Liberty
12-12-2017, 10:09 PM
How about a source that isn't a youtube video?

Give me a text source.

InstaVote Alabama (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TLfmEZYdtrY).

Zippyjuan
12-12-2017, 10:10 PM

Last update I saw on the figures the write in votes were twice as many as the difference between Moore and Jones. I was under the impression that a significant number of those were Republicans who simply could not bring themselves to vote for Moore.

timosman
12-12-2017, 10:10 PM
And in another room, Zip, Rev, Superfluous, etc. celebrate as well. Cheers to them. Well played.

Pyrrhic victory.

donnay
12-12-2017, 10:13 PM
Just a coincidence...

Alabama Supreme Court blocks order to preserve digital voting records
https://techcrunch.com/2017/12/12/alabama-digital-records-vote-roy-moore/

sparebulb
12-12-2017, 10:13 PM
They lacked intestinal fortitude.

...couldn't bring themselves to vote for either scumbag.

I like them best.

You do strike me as an Evan McMuffin sort of "guy".

parocks
12-12-2017, 10:14 PM
Candidates endorsed by Trump need to give him the finger, early and often!

Yeah, it was Trump, not the sex thing. Uh huh.

Trump now needs to go after the Pedos hard. The referendum on teenage pussy was a NO.

1) you don't have to have sex with the 14 year old.
2) the charges don't need to be proven.
3) the charges can be 38 years old.

Trump is in charge of the Attorney General's office, and there is a lot that could be happening, after the voters have sent a strong anti-pedo message.

Here's something, less that a week ago, a top Disney executive arrested for pedo with an 11 year old. Trump should start Tweeting about that stuff. Hey media, looks like we got one of your pedos. Disney owns ABC.

http://variety.com/2017/biz/news/jon-heely-disney-music-group-child-sex-abuse-1202634502/

Jon Heely, the director of music publishing at Disney, has been charged with three felony counts of child sexual abuse.

DIRECTOR OF MUSIC PUBLISHING AT DISNEY. THREE FELONY COUNTS OF CHILD SEXUAL ABUSE.

r3volution 3.0
12-12-2017, 10:15 PM
Selma Alabama is in Dallas County, the results for which you can see here:

Total votes (combined, for both candidates) in Dallas County were ~14,000.

Breaking:

Selma, Alabama:

Fake news

Brian4Liberty
12-12-2017, 10:16 PM
https://twitter.com/BillKristol/status/935469497011535874

r3volution 3.0
12-12-2017, 10:17 PM
InstaVote Alabama (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TLfmEZYdtrY).

That's also a youtube video.

See above.

Raginfridus
12-12-2017, 10:19 PM
I've been trying to tell you guys this is the fifth millennium. Alabama doesn't even exist, and zippy rules humanity with an iron fist - there is no spoon!

RJB
12-12-2017, 10:22 PM
I've been trying to tell you guys this is the fifth millennium. Alabama doesn't even exist, and zippy rules humanity with an iron fist - there is no spoon!

Post of the week. If I figure out what it means, I may nominate it for post of the year.

enhanced_deficit
12-12-2017, 10:22 PM
Trump made robo calls and RM still lost?

Bad omen. Which one played bigger role in this GOP defeat, Trump's Israel embassy call or Ivanka's child rights call? Or was it something else like Flynn/Kushner scandals?
Assuming following are not fakenews.

Chris Matthews: Trump Is Moving Capital To Jerusalem For Roy Moore

“And a couple more points about this. Don’t think this isn’t related to Alabama next week. It is related. It is the Christian evangelicals down there with their crazy ideas about Israel, which is, I don’t know, mythical,” Matthews stated.
http://dailycaller.com/2017/12/06/chris-matthews-trump-is-moving-capital-to-jerusalem-for-roy-moore/

Ivanka Trump: 'Special Place in Hell for People Who Prey on Children'

insider.foxnews.com/.../ivanka-trump-reacts-roy-moore-special-place-hell-people-pre...
Nov 15, 2017 - At a public appearance in South Jersey, Ivanka Trump spoke to the Associated Press about the sexual misconduct allegations against Judge Roy Moore (R-Ala.).

Swordsmyth
12-12-2017, 10:29 PM
They will now dig up false accusers with sex charges against ALL our candidates, they did a trial run with salacious rumors about Rand when the freak attacked him, it appears that Republican women are just stupid enough for it to work.

goldenequity
12-12-2017, 10:30 PM

parocks
12-12-2017, 10:30 PM
8,000 votes separate them with 98.9 counted.

Although it's unlikely, well, most of those votes are in the county with Birmingham. And Birmingham, or Jefferson County, is 70/30 Jones. It's possible, unlikely but possible, that there are Moore precincts left. I mean, Jones currently is up by 71K in Jefferson County. If there are Moore precincts still out in Jefferson County - counties that are similar to the counties to the North and East, he could make up the margin. Again, it's not likely, but if the precincts that are out are just like the county to the north or the county to the east, he could make up 8K votes.

Jefferson County
134 Trump
156 Clinton

now
jefferson county

132 Jones
55 moore

phill4paul
12-12-2017, 10:31 PM
They will now dig up false accusers with sex charges against ALL our candidates, they did a trial run with salacious rumors about Rand when the freak attacked him, it appears that Republican women are just stupid enough for it to work.

Yeah, it'll now become a "go to" tactic. Count on it.

Brett85
12-12-2017, 10:33 PM

I'm going to be filing to run in a few weeks. Hopefully since I'm just running for representative on a small scale I won't face those kinds of allegations. It's pretty scary that so many people believe allegations that aren't backed up by any evidence at all.

Brian4Liberty
Selma Alabama is in Dallas County, the results for which you can see here:

Total votes (combined, for both candidates) in Dallas County were ~14,000.

Fake news

Looked it up. Nope. Wrong.

dallas county - population 41131
selma alabama - population 18963

dallas county votes

There were 14K votes in Dallas County. There is a population of 41K in Dallas County. It doesn't seem out of the ordinary, based on that.

WaPo and CNN say it was an anonymous source from the UK, known only as Richard A.

Swordsmyth
Precincts reporting: 99.3%

Jones 654,072

Moore 639,564 votes

Swordsmyth
12-12-2017, 10:37 PM
Precincts reporting: 100.0%

Jones 670,551 votes

Moore 649,240 votes

Other 22,777 votes

It's all over unless there are recounts or lawsuits.

r3volution 3.0
12-12-2017, 10:38 PM
WaPo and CNN say it was an anonymous source from the UK, known only as Richard A.

So, as parocks said:

"there were 14K votes in Dallas County. There is a population of 41K in Dallas County. It doesn't seem out of the ordinary, based on that"

Do you now agree...? Because you were claiming vote fraud a few minutes ago.

r3volution 3.0
12-12-2017, 10:39 PM
Precincts reporting: 100.0%

Jones 670,551 votes

Moore 649,240 votes

Other 22,777 votes

It's all over unless there are recounts or lawsuits.

Please, at least die with dignity.

parocks
12-12-2017, 10:40 PM
and 100% Jones by 1.5%

Zippyjuan
12-12-2017, 10:42 PM
So, as parocks said:

"there were 14K votes in Dallas County. There is a population of 41K in Dallas County. It doesn't seem out of the ordinary, based on that"

Do you now agree...? Because you were claiming vote fraud a few minutes ago.

Check his link where he first reported it. Very informative!

Swordsmyth
12-12-2017, 10:43 PM
Please, at least die with dignity.

We are not born with any dignity, there is no need to die with any.
https://images.duckduckgo.com/iu/?u=http%3A%2F%2Fmedia.veryfunnypics.eu%2F2012%2F06 %2Ffunny-picture-never-give-up.jpg&f=1

Moore will know better than I if he should go the recount/lawsuit route but if there are grounds for it he should.

r3volution 3.0
12-12-2017, 10:46 PM
By the way @Brian4Liberty (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/member.php?u=1874),

Where's Bryan? I haven't seen him in some time.

He still owns RPF, no?

parocks
12-12-2017, 10:48 PM
Trump made robo calls and RM still lost?

Bad omen. Which one played bigger role in this GOP defeat, Trump's Israel embassy call or Ivanka's child rights call? Or was it something else like Flynn/Kushner scandals?
Assuming following are not fakenews.

Chris Matthews: Trump Is Moving Capital To Jerusalem For Roy Moore

“And a couple more points about this. Don’t think this isn’t related to Alabama next week. It is related. It is the Christian evangelicals down there with their crazy ideas about Israel, which is, I don’t know, mythical,” Matthews stated.
http://dailycaller.com/2017/12/06/chris-matthews-trump-is-moving-capital-to-jerusalem-for-roy-moore/

Ivanka Trump: 'Special Place in Hell for People Who Prey on Children'

insider.foxnews.com/.../ivanka-trump-reacts-roy-moore-special-place-hell-people-pre...
Nov 15, 2017 - At a public appearance in South Jersey, Ivanka Trump spoke to the Associated Press about the sexual misconduct allegations against Judge Roy Moore (R-Ala.).

there was some sort of sex thing. Moore was accused without any proof of trying to have sex with 14 year old and failing 40 years ago. They apparently talk about it a lot on TV. And polls were inaccurate.

There's a general overwhelming context of sex stuff, Franken, Conyers, etc. and all the Hollywood stuff. That's basically it, voters said "not that right now, thanks".

Which means that Trump has to arrest all the Pizzagaters. What is the statute of limitations on rapes? Can Bill Clinton be arrested? He's got rape victims showing up to events, they'd love to testify.

Raginfridus
12-12-2017, 10:50 PM
Moore will know better than I if he should go the recount/lawsuit route but if there are grounds for it he should.
Just say Russia did it a bunch of times.

r3volution 3.0
12-12-2017, 10:50 PM
I think I'm sick of the regent.

I think I want to talk to the king.

@Bryan (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/member.php?u=2)

Zippyjuan
12-12-2017, 10:51 PM
We are not born with any dignity, there is no need to die with any.

For an automatic recount, the margin of victory must be less than one half of one percent. Moore not conceding yet- will decide on asking for a recount tomorrow. I believe absentee ballots are not counted yet either. (May be counted but not included- they were due in five days ago).

Alabama US Senate General Election

Doug Jones (Democratic) 50% 670,460
Roy S Moore (Republican) 48.3% 648,454
Write-In (Write-in) 1.7% 22,773

http://heavy.com/news/2017/12/alabama-election-results-live-roy-moore-doug-jones-latest-who-won/

r3volution 3.0
12-12-2017, 10:54 PM
For an automatic recount, the margin of victory must be less than one half of one percent. Moore not conceding yet- will decide on asking for a recount tomorrow. I believe absentee ballots are not counted yet either. (May be counted but not included- they were due in five days ago).

http://heavy.com/news/2017/12/alabama-election-results-live-roy-moore-doug-jones-latest-who-won/

Really?

That hasn't even occurred to me.

enhanced_deficit
12-12-2017, 10:56 PM
There's a general overwhelming context of sex stuff, Franken, Conyers, etc. and all the Hollywood stuff. That's basically it, voters said "not that right now, thanks".

Which means that Trump has to arrest all the Pizzagaters.

Yea that could be the case.

Which means that Trump has to arrest all the Pizzagaters.

Ironically now Dems are trying to go after Trump too.

Senator Kirsten Gillibrand calls on Trump to resign
CNN Mon December 11, 2017

Former Fox News employee: Trump tried to kiss me on the lips (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?517620-Former-Fox-News-employee-Trump-tried-to-kiss-me-on-the-lips&)

Influenza
12-12-2017, 10:56 PM
honestly i was hoping moore would win so i could insult his supporters as he voted for intervention and more spending. Oh well. I guess the Alabama voters didn't want a taliban-leaning senator this time around

William Tell
12-12-2017, 10:58 PM
Yep.
Gina Gentry Loudon‏Verified account @RealDrGina (https://twitter.com/RealDrGina) 4m4 minutes ago (https://twitter.com/RealDrGina/status/940807239631294465)

The establishment GOP and the left have successfully established that all races from this moment on will involve sexual allegations. Well done, swamp! Way to be smarmy! https://abs.twimg.com/emoji/v2/72x72/1f44d.png

Swordsmyth
12-12-2017, 11:03 PM
Yep.

The only good that may come of this is if they overuse the sex angle and people stop listening to them at all.

KENTUCKIANS YOU MUST GET RID OF McConnell

r3volution 3.0
12-12-2017, 11:04 PM
One down, one to go (any one will do).

50-50 (Rand as the deciding vote).

..If you're in an extreme minority, can't pass anything, what you want is a stupid Dem, who will vote against everything the GOP does.

Dig it?

Mitch: "You got to vote for it."
Rand: "Get fucked."

Swordsmyth
12-12-2017, 11:06 PM

It will be fun watching the explosion if the absentee vote turns this into a "Dewey Wins" moment.

William Tell
12-12-2017, 11:08 PM
It will be fun watching the explosion if the absentee vote turns this into a "Dewey Wins" moment.

If only. But he needs 21K more without Jones getting any. For practical purposes it's over but considering what they've put him through I hope he fights it to the end.

Raginfridus
12-12-2017, 11:09 PM
The only good that may come of this is if they overuse the sex angle and people stop listening to them at all.

KENTUCKIANS YOU MUST GET RID OF McConnell
I'll go tell em, but who's gonna believe McConnell ever had a boner?

timosman
12-12-2017, 11:22 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tT-lTxhW7pY

AuH20
12-12-2017, 11:28 PM
They scared the darkies into a frenzy with their typical lowbrow tactics. Dez gona bing back savery! I'm sorry to say that the Jewish bankers have institutionalized slavery, irrespective of color. ROFL

This minority upswing reminds me of the open primary debacle that propelled the nearly comatose Thad Cochrane over McDaniel.

Zippyjuan
12-12-2017, 11:33 PM
Looks like the absentee ballots were actually the first numbers reported and are in the final account. http://www.fox10tv.com/story/37053346/doug-jones-leads-in-absentee-voting-in-mobile-county

Or maybe not. http://www.cnn.com/2017/12/12/politics/alabama-election-latest/index.html

However, there are still votes to be counted, including absentee and military ballots.

Jones ahead by about 22,000 votes.

Info based on exit polls for who turned out:

http://www.readingeagle.com/ap/article/spotlight-is-on-alabama-as-results-trickle-in&template=mobileart

Early exit polls - which can be wrong - have shown some encouraging signs for Jones, the Democrat.

Jones, for instance, needed strong turnout from African-American voters; in early exit polls, it appeared that black turnout might be slightly higher than the levels in 2012 and 2008, when Barack Obama was on the ballot. African-Americans made up 28 percent of the electorate in 2008, and 29 percent in 2012. In this election, they make up about 3 in 10 Alabama voters so far on Election Day according to preliminary exit polls.

By contrast, white evangelical voters seemed to make up a smaller percentage of the electorate this year than they had in past elections. That group made up just over 4 in 10 voters this year, compared with 47 percent of the state's electorate in both 2012 and 2008 presidential elections, according to Alabama exit polls.

"They're coming out," said Kim Payton, a city councilwoman in the town of Hayneville, Alabama - meaning black voters. Hayneville is located in the state's "black belt" - rural area named for its dark soils, which also has a strong contingent of African American voters.

Other exit polls seemed to indicate that this electorate would be different than the one that came to the polls in November 2016. Trump, for instance, won Alabama with 62 percent of the vote in 2016. But preliminary exit polls Tuesday found that just under half of Alabamians approve of Trump's performance, while about an identical share disapprove. About 4 in 10 voters say they "strongly disapprove" of Trump, compared with just over 3 in 10 who "strongly approve."

Another hopeful sign for Jones: more Alabama voters identified as liberal in preliminary exit polls than they had in either the 2008 or 2012 presidential elections in the state. Almost a quarter of special election voters call themselves liberal, higher than 16 percent in presidential election exit polls in 2012 election and 12 percent in the 2008 election, the two most recent years where data are available.

r3volution 3.0
12-12-2017, 11:40 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tT-lTxhW7pY

https://i.imgur.com/mNJM2VK.png

AuH20
12-12-2017, 11:43 PM

AuH20
12-12-2017, 11:45 PM

r3volution 3.0
12-12-2017, 11:46 PM
Yea, just for the record, I can't read your twats or tweets or so forth.

Zippyjuan
12-12-2017, 11:51 PM
https://cbsnews3.cbsistatic.com/hub/i/r/2017/12/13/fc060401-a908-467e-80d1-dc1b6cfa7915/resize/620x/456e7c01d026290af9889ab8e935076b/vote-by-party-1.jpg

https://cbsnews3.cbsistatic.com/hub/i/r/2017/12/13/8dfd5514-2703-4733-80ec-22571e11126d/resize/620x/7b3fc5f8ef7a6ee0f26bc94174a983dc/how-jones-won-1.jpg

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/alabama-senate-race-doug-jones-wins-special-election-results-2017-12-12-live-updating/

Moore had a 22 point lead in polls at one point.

AuH20
12-12-2017, 11:52 PM
Like I said, the slavery card works, even in this day and age. God help the retards.

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2017/12/despite-the-obstacles-black-voters-make-a-statement-in-alabama/548237/

As Cook Political Report editor Dave Wasserman noted on Twitter, turnout was particularly high in the counties with the highest black populations. In Greene County, a small, 80-percent-black area that Martin Luther King, Jr., frequented in his Poor People’s Campaign, turnout reached 78 percent of 2016 turnout, an incredible mark given that special elections and midterms usually fall far short of general-election marks. Perry County, also an important mostly black site of voting-rights battles of old, turned out at 75 percent of 2016 levels. Dallas County, whose seat is the city of Selma, hit the 74 percent mark. And while the exact numbers aren’t in for all of the majority-black or heavily black counties, it appears black voters favored Jones at rates close to or above 90 percent.

r3volution 3.0
12-12-2017, 11:55 PM
Like I said, the slavery card works, even in this day and age. God help the retards.

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2017/12/despite-the-obstacles-black-voters-make-a-statement-in-alabama/548237/

Anyone who liked either Moore or Jones is...

...well, never mind.

Swordsmyth
12-13-2017, 12:38 AM
Alabama Secretary of State, John Merrill, spoke with reporters late Tuesday night addressing the US Senate special election results. Merrill said he wanted to explain the process from this point going forward. The Secretary of State laid out the steps that need to be taken:

Each county will first process and secure the write-in votes by Friday, December 15;
On Tuesday, December 19 all the provisional ballots and all the military ballots in each county will be processed with the write-in votes;
All of the above information is due in the Secretary of State’s office by Friday, December 22;
All votes will go through a certification process that will take place no earlier than December 26 and no later than January 3.

Merrill said that this process will allow the state to make sure that all the standards as required by the code of Alabama have been met and that everything has been certified for the next US Senator from the State of Alabama.
He also pointed out that this was not the most write-in votes cast in an Alabama election but it is one of “the highest margins that has ever been achieved in a competitive race.”
The Secretary of State also addressed the question of a recount. He said that the automatic recount has not been triggered and would only occur after all of the certification takes place either by request or if it is required. Merrill also said that the Moore campaign has not requested a recount and could not until the procedure is finished.

http://whnt.com/2017/12/12/alabama-secretary-of-state-john-merrill-addresses-us-senate-result-process-in-late-night-news-conference/

kahless
12-13-2017, 01:31 AM
No good to rig an election if evidence remains.

Alabama Supreme Court blocks order to preserve digital voting records
https://techcrunch.com/2017/12/12/alabama-digital-records-vote-roy-moore/

Following an eleventh-hour order instructing voting officials in Alabama to keep the digital ballots generated in Tuesday’s controversial Senate election, the state’s Supreme Court has issued a stay to block that decision.

Anti Federalist
12-13-2017, 02:15 AM
Meh, freedom isn't popular, no news there.

The Bolsheviks are gonna blow the the GOP out of the water in 2018.