PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul/ Google Alliance

noztnac
12-11-2007, 06:29 PM
A Ron Paul/ Google alliance

I don't know if this is planned but it would dramatically increase Ron Paul's chances of winning.

I'm talking about an official endorsement of Ron Paul by Google. Imagine the Tea Party being advertised on the main Google page. Imagine every time any person goes to Google their seeing a Ron Paul ad.

Similiar things could be done with yahoo, facebook, myspace, etc.

Is anyone discussing this or planning this. It would also be a good opportunity for Google to flex its muscles and show the power of the internet vis-a-vis the mainstream media.

--
teaparty07.com ronpaul2008.com

Cleaner44
12-11-2007, 06:31 PM
I like it!

mmink15
12-11-2007, 06:31 PM
That could be huge who owns Google these days?

dirka
12-11-2007, 07:14 PM
Why isn't Ron getting any endorsments besides BG jr.??? I would think that the Hollywood crowd would want to get on his End the War bandwagon...

GeorgiaRPFan
12-11-2007, 07:16 PM
And they shall call it "RoPoogle."

AlexMerced
12-11-2007, 07:16 PM
they all are, it's for toher reasons they havn't been open about due to their faith, but trust, they've been giving and supporting

noztnac
12-13-2007, 06:53 AM
If this is going to happen it must be done soon.

defcreative
12-13-2007, 07:35 AM
Bump for an excellent idea, its time for someone with inside ties into google to bring this idea to life.

noztnac
12-13-2007, 08:06 AM
It needs to happen very very soon. Someone help fast!!

Hackked
12-13-2007, 08:35 AM
This is a great idea. The power of Ron's message combined with Google's viral power would be unstoppable.

FreeTraveler
12-13-2007, 08:47 AM
1) Dr. Paul does not seek corporate sponsors. That's for Hillary and the rest of the crooks.
2) GOOGLE worked in collusion with the Communist Chinese government to create a special version that only allows party-approved information to reach the Chinese people. GOOGLE is part of the problem, not part of the solution.

TheNewYorker
12-13-2007, 08:50 AM
Corporations cannot endorse candidates. It's against the law.

Mental Dribble
12-13-2007, 10:02 AM
Umm, since when has any more corporation backed a political figure public ally? Its not a wise business more, and they guys are all about business!

smartguy911
12-13-2007, 11:58 AM
Yeah I highly doubt Google will like this idea. They don't want to loose millions.

EvilNight
12-13-2007, 02:03 PM
Google will not get involved on matters like this. Their neutrality in all matters is central to their image as a credible search engine and a "do no evil" company. The few times they have strayed from this in the past (even with the best of intentions as with china) it has gone very badly for them.

I do however remember seeing some donations FROM google on Ron Paul's opensecrets page, to the tune of $22,250.

http://www.opensecrets.org/pres08/contrib.asp?id=N00005906&cycle=2008

DrRich
12-13-2007, 02:11 PM
Yahoo will never ever report anything on RP.

kylejack
12-13-2007, 02:25 PM
Google favors net neutrality and would not support Ron Paul. Besides, corporations don't do endorsements.

Mental Dribble
12-13-2007, 02:29 PM
Ron Paul supports net neutrality was well. You statement, while not meaning to infers he does not.

However, a website endorsing someone is not the same issue as net neutrality.

But no, Google will not endorse anyone. Its not a wise business move and its illegal.

Margo37
12-13-2007, 02:48 PM
http://www.ronpoogle.com/

I've been using this totally lately as it says (somewhere) the money goes to the campaign.

lillyx
12-13-2007, 03:09 PM
I was very disappointed to see on the fec website that most of the google employees donated to Obama. Then I was wondering about the blimp and Google. There is the matter of co-op advertising . That is where advertising is split by two or more entities for a commom goal. I wonder if google was actually asked to donate as they stand to gain big time by the blimp. It would not be an endorsement of Ron Paul if they donated it would be co-op advertising.It might advertise Ron Paul but google is going to be advertised as well. Does anyone have any input about this?

Jobarra
12-13-2007, 03:09 PM
Google really doesn't have to SUPPORT Ron Paul. Imagine if there was just a link on the main site that said "Google Ron Paul" and had a link to a Ron Paul search. I know it would never happen, but that would probably be the closest they could go business wise and even that is stretching it.

kylejack
12-13-2007, 03:12 PM
Ron Paul supports net neutrality was well. You statement, while not meaning to infers he does not.

But no, Google will not endorse anyone. Its not a wise business move and its illegal.

Ron Paul does not support net neutrality.

steph3n
12-13-2007, 03:20 PM
they are a public company, it really isn't allowed.

steph3n
12-13-2007, 03:22 PM

I've been using this totally lately as it says (somewhere) the money goes to the campaign.

these guys are spammers looking to make a buck and NOT give to RP, use thisisronpaul.com is you want to use such engine.

steph3n
12-13-2007, 03:23 PM

You are wrong, Ron Paul does not support the proposed Net Neurality, he supports getting the government out 100%

noztnac
12-13-2007, 04:03 PM
Yeah I highly doubt Google will like this idea. They don't want to loose millions.

It's spelled "lose".

How exactly would they lose millions by putting a banner ad on their homepage?

noztnac
12-13-2007, 04:04 PM
Newspapers endorse candidates all the time. Someone explain the difference.

user
12-13-2007, 04:07 PM
I don't like Google, and anyway it doesn't matter because they're not stupid enough to do this.

Aldanga
12-13-2007, 04:07 PM
And they shall call it "RoPoogle."

I lol'd.

rancher89
12-13-2007, 05:19 PM

bump

steph3n
12-13-2007, 05:20 PM
bump

It IS A LIE ron poogle is SPAMMERS that are making huckabee and romney custom searches too, don't fall for it.

rancher89
12-13-2007, 05:21 PM
I brought this idea up, (FYI use the search thread before posting) last week or so. Won't work, won't happen.

EvilNight
12-13-2007, 09:02 PM
Actually, I've thought about this a bit more. It's not as crazy as it first looks.

Google has a HISTORY of creating a special logo for various days of the year that are historically important, or linked to one person of historical significance on their birthdays, etc.

Since Dec 16th IS a historical day, Google could very easily create a ships/crates overboard little logo as they are known to do, and link it to the search term "boston tea party." Anyone who clicks on the logo (as is customary) when google shows a day of interest like that would be staring right at everything we could want them to see.

This is not pandering to any political organization nor is it any kind of endorsement. It is just a fortuitously happy circumstance given the day it takes place.

We know Google loves Ron. He rocked their world with his Ron Paul @ Google interview long before he ever became as mainstream (lol) as he is now. This would be a fantastic idea to whisper in the ears of any Google engineers you might know.

user
12-13-2007, 09:04 PM
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=53407

noztnac
12-13-2007, 10:39 PM
I brought this idea up, (FYI use the search thread before posting) last week or so. Won't work, won't happen.

I see nothing posted by you about banner ads on Google. Can you repost?

noztnac
12-14-2007, 02:12 AM
I don't like Google, and anyway it doesn't matter because they're not stupid enough to do this.

Who cares what you like or don't like?

That has nothing to do with what we are discussing.

As for Google not being "stupid enough" why don't you explain what specifically you find stupid about it.

user
12-14-2007, 03:40 AM
Who cares what you like or don't like?
Me, of course.:)

As for Google not being "stupid enough" why don't you explain what specifically you find stupid about it.
Like any big corporation, they would be stupid to alienate potential customers who don't agree with a political view. That's why they won't do it.

noztnac
12-14-2007, 05:06 AM
Me, of course.:)

Like any big corporation, they would be stupid to alienate potential customers who don't agree with a political view. That's why they won't do it.

I don't see how putting a link to the tea party would alienate anyone. People who are interested will click it. People who aren't won't.

Also, in what sense are we customers? You think people will stop using google because of one political endorsement?