PDA

View Full Version : California Lawmaker Is Trying to Ban all Gasoline-Powered Cars in the State by 2040

RPfan1992
12-09-2017, 03:16 AM
California drivers could see tremendous changes to their commute in the not-too-distant future if a California lawmaker gets his way.

Assemblymember Phil Ting says he plans to introduce a bill to prohibit vehicles that use fossil fuels from driving on the state’s roads. If passed, the legislation would go into effect in 2040.

Ting tells Bloomberg he plans to introduce the bill next month, when lawmakers gather for their next legislative session. It would tie in with California’s goal to slash greenhouse gas emissions by 80% between 1990 and 2050.

Under the proposal, the motor vehicles department would only register vehicles that have zero carbon dioxide emissions.

While it’s a radical step, it’s not one that should be automatically dismissed as a stunt. California governor Jerry Brown has shown interest in bans on internal-combustion vehicles. England, France, and China have all adopted similar long-term plans. Norway plans to ban the vehicles by 2025. And Germany hopes to end the sale of combustion-engine vehicles by 2030.

“Until you set a deadline, nothing gets done,” Ting told Bloomberg. “It’s responsible for us to set a deadline 23 years in advance.”

http://fortune.com/2017/12/06/california-ban-gas-cars-2040/

timosman
12-09-2017, 03:29 AM
How about 123 years in advance?

jkr
12-09-2017, 03:32 AM
Haha no soup for you

Anti Federalist
12-09-2017, 06:39 AM
Joining China, India, France, Germany and the UK.

I don't care what anybody says, thank you Trump, for pulling us out of the Paris Climate Accords.

nobody's_hero
12-09-2017, 06:53 AM
Good. Maybe gas will get cheaper for folks who want vehicles that can make it up a hill without having to recharge.

Weston White
12-09-2017, 07:38 AM
So what, are we going back to horses and buggies in California? Wind powered automobiles? Chili-powered gas cars with activated heated seats? ...Or is an internationally funded electric railway busing system to be the only method of transportation after 2040?

Anti Federalist
12-09-2017, 09:55 AM
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?513306-Britain-to-ban-sale-of-all-diesel-and-petrol-cars-and-vans-from-2040

jkr
12-09-2017, 10:36 AM
"WE" are going BACK to FREEdom...
...one way or another

RPfan1992
12-09-2017, 03:59 PM
Joining China, India, France, Germany and the UK.

I don't care what anybody says, thank you Trump, for pulling us out of the Paris Climate Accords.

I saw this moron say that the USA is going to end up like Cuba if we don't ban gasoline-powered cars. I expect a more divided USA in the next few decades.

nobody's_hero
12-09-2017, 04:06 PM
I saw this moron say that the USA is going to end up like Cuba if we don't ban gasoline-powered cars. I expect a more divided USA in the next few decades.

Interestingly enough, the classics that are running the streets in Cuba are old enough to be considered real cars.
https://jalopnik.com/heres-what-cubas-car-scene-looks-like-in-2017-1791963244

And some are some sort of Frankenstein-like mish-mash of parts, lol

Anti Federalist
12-09-2017, 04:31 PM
Another benefit of self driving, remote controlled electric car pods:

They cancel for snow for every thing, kid had a swim meet today, we were halfway there when we got a call saying it was canceled. No snow sticking on the road.

When that happens in the future, the command from "authority" will direct your self driving car pod to immediately pull over at the nearest safe space and shut down until the weather crisis is declared all clear by "authorities".

Regardless of it being "safe" or not, nor with any regard to your getting back home.

Stuck at the airport, every day.

I, for one, can't wait for that. :rolleyes: