PDA

View Full Version : Does it bring tears to your eyes?

Thatguyuknow
07-01-2007, 09:04 PM
"...that this nation, under God, shall have a new birth of freedom -- and that government of the people, by the people, for the people, shall not perish from the earth."

I've never seen it in stone in Washington, but just imagining the words echoed on that great day from that great man, and the symbolic nature of the struggles of our forefathers to preserve this nation, and the sheer power of the prediction.

Ron Paul will win, I know he will - whether by blind faith or an unexplainable hunch. This government shall never perish from this Earth.

Electric Church
07-01-2007, 09:07 PM
well I just keep prayin for a miracle

Thatguyuknow
07-01-2007, 09:08 PM
Ya me too.. we need the polls.

X_805
07-01-2007, 09:10 PM
Lincoln? Freedom? LOL

thuja
07-01-2007, 09:55 PM
well I just keep prayin for a miracle

thoughts are things, let's all keep praying together, and we can have that miracle

Gee
07-02-2007, 07:48 AM
If Lincoln was really in it to get rid of slavery, then I'd like him more. But the fact of the matter was that he really was just against the right of the states to succeed :mad:

Still, the country was so divided by the time he entered office, there was probably not much he could have done. He certainly could have tried harder for a peaceful end to slavery (he refused to even meet with Confederate leaders, since he did not acknowledge their legitimacy), but it probably wouldn't have worked. The Civil War was a lot longer in the making than Lincoln's inauguration.

beermotor
07-02-2007, 08:23 AM
Lincoln? Freedom? LOL

Yeah really. More like VOMIT.

Lincoln was the worst president in history, followed closely by FDR and Dubya.

Trance Dance Master
07-02-2007, 08:28 AM
thoughts are things, let's all keep praying together, and we can have that miracle

A better statement...

Thoughts BECOME things.