PDA

View Full Version : Look at this article about Des Moines!

Santana28
07-01-2007, 08:55 PM
http://www.whotv.com/Global/story.asp?S=6733453

and at the very end...

"One candidate, who wanted to attend the event was Ron Paul. However, organizers did not invite Paul, who has spent little time in Iowa and finishes near the bottom of the polls.

Paul found a way to get hundreds of Iowans to notice him after the forum with free food. He held his own event in the next room after the forum ended."

THE NERVE of these people. Do they think i drove 2 states and 12 hours on 3 hours of sleep for a HAMBURGER AND CHIPS??

At least they were kind enough not to imply that he was holding his event at the same time. But that would kind of discredit the whole "baiting people with food" attack.

Electric Church
07-01-2007, 09:05 PM
Grrrrr…. these msm people make me sick...they are being exposed on a daily basis and if they keep going like this they'll have absolutely no credibility with anyone

mport1
07-01-2007, 09:13 PM
I have emailed them about the need for correction. Everybody should do it, but BE POLITE even though what they are doing is complete bullshit.

thuja
07-01-2007, 09:20 PM
i am wondering if it is better to ignore certain writers. especially that bloated air bag that wrote the unintelligble attack yesterday. such people thrive on getting a reaction.

smtwngrl
07-01-2007, 09:25 PM
Aside from the connotations of "fringe" and the incorrect numbers, this is a great article.

http://media.www.iowastatedaily.com/media/storage/paper818/news/2007/06/29/News/Fringe.Candidate.Draws.Large.Crowd.For.Rally-2919946.shtml

Fringe candidate draws large crowd for rally
Online exclusive
Thomas Grundmeier/Daily Staff Writer

Republican candidate Rep. Ron Paul, R-Texas , wasn't invited to a presidential candidates' forum Saturday in Des Moines — but that didn't stop him from throwing a party of his own.

"We thought it was important we communicate with Iowa voters, so we decided we weren't going to sulk about it, and we decided to hold our own event," said Jesse Benton, Paul's communications director.

And it was no small get-together — more than 500 people crowded the hall at the Iowa Events Center, a number close to the turnout of the six-candidate forum next door.

"They choose not to invite us to some of their parties," Paul said, "but we threw a bigger and happier party."

Paul's campaign has gained a lot of notoriety on the Internet, using videos and grassroots support to gain a steady following, especially among the younger crowd.

"This new generation that is coming will be on our side in the preservation of liberty," Paul said.

Paul began the rally by praising Iowa's state motto: "Our liberties we prize, and our rights we will maintain."

He said this is a perfect illustration of his desire to weaken federal government and give more power and responsibility to the states.

"Hopefully we can return to that status," he said. "How can you have liberty without life, and how can you have a decent life without liberty?"

Paul attributed many of his views, including his anti-abortion leanings, to that preservation of liberty.

"When we can preserve life, then we can deal with all the issues of personal liberty," he said.

Paul stated his intention to get rid of the Federal Reserve System and eliminate wasteful government spending.

"If we could all go to the bank and withdraw five, six billion dollars every day, we could all live pretty prosperous," he said.

However, Paul said the government is perpetually spending beyond its means, and creating money "out of thin air."

Paul, the self-proclaimed "champion of the Constitution," also has another nickname: "Dr. No." This came from his record in Congress of continually opposing foreign wars.

"I voted against the [Iraq] war probably 15 years before it started," he said, saying he opposed the Gulf War during the presidency of George H.W. Bush, Sr.

Paul said his stance on the war could be summed up simply: "They were over here, because we were over there."

This has drawn flak from other politicians — former New York Mayor Rudy Giuliani berated Paul at a Republican debate last month for insinuating that the Sept. 11, 2001, was the fault of the U.S.

"The diversity of the Ron Paul crowd shows the power of his message," said David Fischer, ISU alumnus. "It transcends demographics of age; there's a lot of Democrats, independents and Republicans here."

Man from La Mancha
07-01-2007, 10:19 PM
I think the main headquarters should get some fine chefs and charge us, they will make money and help brag about how much money collected, have great food, save money and shut down this talk about paying for voters. To me that is insulting. I'm personally responsible to get my own food.
NOBODY BUYS MY VOTE!

http://www.whotv.com/Global/story.asp?S=6733453

and at the very end...

"One candidate, who wanted to attend the event was Ron Paul. However, organizers did not invite Paul, who has spent little time in Iowa and finishes near the bottom of the polls.

Paul found a way to get hundreds of Iowans to notice him after the forum with free food. He held his own event in the next room after the forum ended."

THE NERVE of these people. Do they think i drove 2 states and 12 hours on 3 hours of sleep for a HAMBURGER AND CHIPS??

At least they were kind enough not to imply that he was holding his event at the same time. But that would kind of discredit the whole "baiting people with food" attack.