PDA

View Full Version : New Stossel Segment

kylejack
12-11-2007, 05:29 PM
There's a piece on illegal immigration now.

FireofLiberty
12-11-2007, 06:18 PM
I don't see it on the site...?

BLS
12-11-2007, 06:18 PM
link???????????

Spike
12-11-2007, 06:20 PM
i dont think its up yet

fortilite
12-11-2007, 06:22 PM
It's not gonna air.

scbissler
12-11-2007, 06:23 PM
Does anyone else have trouble running video at abcnews.com, or am I just an idiot?

kylejack
12-11-2007, 06:26 PM
I'm on my cell and can't link, but it is up. I watched it.

unconsious767
12-11-2007, 06:29 PM
Share Ron Paul On:
Freedom of Choice
The Role of Government
Foreign Policy
Immigration - Coming 12/12
Health Care - Coming 12/13
Constitutional Freedoms - Coming 12/14

That website is extremely annoying. If the immigration one is already out, then they lie even on their release dates.

d3ik
12-11-2007, 06:30 PM
Ron Paul on Illegal Immigration: http://abcnews.go.com/Video/playerIndex?id=3977567
Paul & Stossel: Libertarians Talk: http://abcnews.go.com/Video/playerIndex?id=3971133
Ron Paul: Is war ever justifiable: http://abcnews.go.com/Video/playerIndex?id=3977514

V-rod
12-11-2007, 06:33 PM
I think Paul defended his immigration position here well enough and realistically.

unconsious767
12-11-2007, 06:40 PM
Ron Paul on Illegal Immigration: http://abcnews.go.com/Video/playerIndex?id=3977567
Paul & Stossel: Libertarians Talk: http://abcnews.go.com/Video/playerIndex?id=3977567

aren't those the same url?

What is the starting address you guys go to, to find new vids?

robertwerden
12-11-2007, 06:42 PM
That was perfect. If you are illegally here then the United States has no documentation on you there fore you are not under jurisdiction. 14th amendment does not apply to you.
Short simple and CONSTITUTIONAL!!!

d3ik
12-11-2007, 06:50 PM
aren't those the same url?

What is the starting address you guys go to, to find new vids?

Sorry, fixed now.

You can also find them if you go to abcnews.go.com and search for 'ron paul'

unconsious767
12-11-2007, 06:56 PM
Thanks

kylejack
12-11-2007, 07:12 PM
I don't support ending birthright citizenship, but if you guys are trying to defend Ron Paul on this, you could point out that most countries do not have birthright citizenship. Its very uncommon in Westernized countries in particular.

doronster195
12-11-2007, 07:21 PM
I support ending birthright citizenship for illegal immigrants because this benefit increases the illegal immigration because Mexican families would cross the border just so that they can give their children citizenship in the US. If you want to slow illegal immigration this is a good first step.

Alabama Supporter
12-11-2007, 07:25 PM
I think I'm going to boycott these ABC interviews unless they appear on youtube. I'm pissed this wont be on tv. If you don't have the internet or cable tv, you don't know who Ron Paul is.

westmich4paul
12-11-2007, 10:15 PM
I always find that when people talk to me about Dr. Paul they always say things like oh he would make drugs legal and I do not support that. I always have to say to them Ron doesn't want to make drugs legal, Ron just wants the Federal govt out of the decision and give the states the responsibility to make that decision. Same goes with abortion, prostitution, gay marriage ect. Once they realize that he isn't advocating a all out legalization of these issues like the MSM tries to lead them to belive they are more receptive to listening to him further. That by far seems to be the biggest hurdle I get from new supporters. I think Ron needs to make that literally more clear in his interviews. I truly loved it when John shows ron the pic of the dept of education and is like see this beautiful building you mean we do not need this? Well I am sure someone in business sector would love to own it Ron says! lmao too sweet. I actually like the way John Stossell interviews Dr. Paul. He interviews him with questions I think most people think but do not say. So it gives them kind of a I am glad he asked him that mentality, Now i know his stance on that issue. All in all I think it was a great interview and I think we should be flooding ABC with emails demanding that this be aired during prime time.

Pete Kay
12-11-2007, 10:29 PM
That bit was actually very good.

I was disappointed in the anti-wat clip because Ron Paul wasn't direct enough with his answers and didn't sell the ideas well enough. When you listen to Pat Buchanan talking about the same issues, he's able to present it in a way that even a neo-con can understand. I think this is something Ron paul has had a problem with - converting people that don't understand his message. It's easy to sell an idea to somebody that is looking to buy what you are selling, but convincincing a loyal customer to switch brands is much harder.

dircha
12-11-2007, 10:37 PM
That bit was actually very good.

I was disappointed in the anti-wat clip because Ron Paul wasn't direct enough with his answers and didn't sell the ideas well enough. When you listen to Pat Buchanan talking about the same issues, he's able to present it in a way that even a neo-con can understand. I think this is something Ron paul has had a problem with - converting people that don't understand his message. It's easy to sell an idea to somebody that is looking to buy what you are selling, but convincincing a loyal customer to switch brands is much harder.

Good point. The "mind our own business" angle, while true, only serves to infuriate pro-war conservatives when it's put in that way.

Richandler
12-11-2007, 10:37 PM
I find it funny how people don't support 90% of Paul's stance when the issues don't affect them one bit. It's amazing how much people like to have power an control over others. America is about freedom. Right now illegal drugs, means we aren't free, gun control means we aren't free, massive unvolutary taxes and manditory government programs means we are not free. People in general don't care about freedom, they care about controlling things they don't like. A tree falls in the woods, doesn't an environmentalist care? You bet your ass they are look for someone to punish. Same goes for every issue.

BTW:
"All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the State wherein they reside."

Subject to the jurisdiction thereof and the state they reside. Illegal Aliens violate the jurisdiction and they do not reside here legally. It's amazing how we give extra rights to unborn illegal children from Mexico and then give no rights to unborn children in the US.

That being said it should still be easier for Mexicans to get legal citizenship or anyone for that matter.