PDA

View Full Version : Golf Magazine Ad

Lucid American
12-11-2007, 04:32 PM
Per my earlier thread, I've sent out for quotes with numerous high-run magazines. I've gotten a few responses, but the schedules weren't compatible.

I think I know the answer here, but I wanted to throw it out simply for the rate of visibility.

Golf Magazine has quoted a full page ad to run in the Jan 8 issue for $35k. This is a "remnant rate" versus their standard rate of $159k for a full page ad -- because the issue was complete 10 days ago; this is basically a clearance page.

The guy is checking to see if B&W will be less than full color given the price already offered, and I imagine we could play it down to $25k.

The question: is it worth it, given the other efforts currently going on?
GOLF MAGAZINE
Circulation: 1,400,000
Total Audience: 6,115,000

yongrel
12-11-2007, 04:33 PM
Yes!

AisA1787
12-11-2007, 04:34 PM
Good idea, it might be worth it. Any chance you could get those circulation and audience numbers broken down by state or region?

Lucid American
12-11-2007, 04:41 PM
Possibly.

It was pretty funny, when we were talking cost, the guy said he'd have to talk to his publisher, and I asked if his publisher was a "Ron Paul guy", and he said he didn't know. I then asked him about his own perspective, and he laughed and said, "Well, I think we'd all like to see the IRS gone!" -- so he at least knew about Paul to that extent. :)

Lucid American
12-11-2007, 04:51 PM
Here are the reader demographics, though geography's not mentioned:
http://www.golfmagazine.info/golfmedia/subscriber_profile06.pdf

AisA1787
12-11-2007, 05:11 PM
Here are the reader demographics, though geography's not mentioned:
http://www.golfmagazine.info/golfmedia/subscriber_profile06.pdf

Looks good! Lots of business owners who would be open to Paul's tax positions, high income, and they respond to advertisements in the magazine. Even though it wouldn't be geographically-targeted, I think the new supporters and donations it would create would easily pay back the $25,000 and then some. It would only take 11 new maxed-out donors to get that money back, then it's all money-in-the bank :D