PDA

View Full Version : Please, Do Not Donate Tomorrow.

krott5333
12-11-2007, 04:29 PM
I'm reposting, because this is important. Do not donate tomorrow. Huckabee is having a money bomb, coordinated by the campaign. We cannot allow ourselves to start donating tomorrow while taking away from the 16th.

Don't worry about him.

Elwar
12-11-2007, 04:30 PM
Also to let all of you Huckabee trolls know that you're having a money bomb tomorrow.

Real_CaGeD
12-11-2007, 04:31 PM
I think Hucks money is all from the GOP-RNC headquarters. I think they are running a scam.

shepburn
12-11-2007, 04:37 PM
no one should donate until Dec 16th. Our money put together is worth more than its value separeted.

aspiringconstitutionalist
12-11-2007, 04:37 PM
You should probably change the title to "Don't try to compete with Huckabee's money bomb tomorrow." If you were planning on donating tomorrow on top of 12/16, then by all means you should.

BillyDkid
12-11-2007, 04:40 PM
I don't see the point of discouraging donations any time. Donate when you want to and join us for the Tea Party too.

bolidew
12-11-2007, 04:41 PM
I am sick and tired of some people keep advertising Huckbee within "Ron Paul Grassroots" section!

bolidew
12-11-2007, 04:42 PM
BTW, I'm reposting, because this is important.

DrNoZone
12-11-2007, 04:44 PM
Donate if and when you want. I think the better point to make is: don't compete with the money bomb day's of other candidates. Just donate if you were planning to and don't if you weren't.

Wayne Hammond
12-11-2007, 04:48 PM
This close to the Tea Party, we need to concentrate solely on the 16th. PERIOD.

Save your pennies until THE DAY OF THE NUKE.

Have a nice day. :)

allyinoh
12-11-2007, 04:56 PM
Do people also realize that there is a "grassroots" Huckabee money bomb day on Dec 15th? Yep, they are purposely trying to compete with us.

What's wrong with a little competition?

webber53
12-11-2007, 05:00 PM
I am sick and tired of some people keep advertising Huckbee within "Ron Paul Grassroots" section!

Me too!

bbachtung
12-11-2007, 05:12 PM
In order to avoid creating another Huck thread, I figured I'd hijack this one; I found the following article to be rather telling of what Huck thinks is important in governing (in other words, if you though the federal government's response to Hurricane Katrina was slow, wait until Huck is president):

Governor Won't Sign an 'Acts of God' Bill

Published: March 21, 1997

The Arkansas Legislature scrambled today to rewrite a bill intended to protect storm victims after Gov. Mike Huckabee, a Baptist minister, objected to language describing such natural phenomena as tornadoes and floods as ''acts of God.''

Mr. Huckabee said that signing the legislation ''would be violating my own conscience'' inasmuch as it described ''a destructive and deadly force as being 'an act of God.' '' The Governor, a Republican, said the legislation was an otherwise worthy bill with objectives he shared.

Mr. Huckabee did not veto the bill but instead asked that it be recalled by the General Assembly. He suggested that the phrase ''acts of God'' be changed to ''natural disasters.''

The House of Representatives refused today to remove the offending phrase, but added the words, ''or natural disasters'' after the words ''acts of God.''

Mr. Huckabee was away from the capital, but his press secretary, Rex Nelson, said the Governor would not decide whether to accept the amended version until the Senate had considered the language.

The legislation would bar insurance companies from canceling coverage solely on the basis of claims filed after losses from storms. It was introduced before a series of tornados on March 1 killed 26 people and destroyed hundreds of houses and businesses, leaving damage in the hundreds of millions of dollars.

State Representative Dennis R. Young, a Texarkana Democrat who was the bill's sponsor in the House of Representatives, said, ''We've used the term 'act of God' in insurance since there has been insurance -- before there was insurance.''

Governor Huckabee's explained his objections in a letter to the bill's authors, saying: ''I feel that I have indeed witnessed many 'acts of God,' but I see His actions in the miraculous sparing of life, the sacrifice and selfless spirit in which so many responded to the pain of others.''

State Representative Shane Broadway, a Democrat whose district in suburban Little Rock was among the hardest hit by the March 1 tornadoes, simmered over the Governor's action. ''I'm just as much a Baptist as he is,'' Mr. Broadway said.

But Mr. Huckabee's letter was more a source of amusement than anger in the capitol. The bill's Senate sponsor, Wayne Dowd, a Texarkana Democrat, sighed, rolled his eyes and allowed that he would prefer to simply change the language and be done with it.

Mr. Huckabee was a Southern Baptist minister and a former president of the Arkansas Baptist State Convention before entering politics.

http://query.nytimes.com/gst/fullpage.html?res=9B0DE0DB173BF932A15750C0A9619582 60&n=Top/Reference/Times%20Topics/People/H/Huckabee,%20Mike