PDA

View Full Version : Things Are Escalating Quickly

Marenco
11-21-2017, 02:58 AM
Things Are Escalating Quickly

I didn’t spend all week writing about the gigantic tremors occurring in the Middle East because I thought it was fun. If I’m even remotely correct in my analysis, the entire world will be affected and shaped for decades to come by what’s about to go down in the region. Rather than rehash what I already wrote, I suggest you take a read of the following if you missed them the first time around.

The U.S. and Saudi Arabia Are About to Make More Disastrous and Idiotic Mistakes – Part 1

The U.S. and Saudi Arabia Are About to Make More Disastrous and Idiotic Mistakes – Part 2

There’s been a major update since those posts were published. Namely, it appears the government of Lebanon has seen enough and is coming out with its side of the story. As I reported in Part 1, the Saudis immediately claimed Lebanon declared war on it following the obviously staged and forced resignation of Hariri via Saudi Arabia over the weekend. This appears to be a case of classic psychological projection, as in reality, Saudi Arabia appears to have declared war on Lebanon. It straight up kidnapped their Prime Minister.

Here’s some of what we learned from Reuters:

Lebanon believes Saad al-Hariri is held in Saudi Arabia, from where he resigned as prime minister, two top Lebanese government officials said, amid a deepening crisis pushing Lebanon onto the frontlines of a power struggle between Saudi Arabia and Iran.

A third source, a senior politician close to Saudi-allied Hariri, said Saudi Arabia had ordered him to resign and put him under house arrest. A fourth source familiar with the situation said Saudi Arabia was controlling and limiting his movement.

In a televised statement indicating deep concern at Hariri’s situation, his Future Movement political party said his return home was necessary to uphold the Lebanese system, describing him as prime minister and a national leader.

Hariri’s exit fueled wide speculation that the Sunni Muslim politician, long an ally of Riyadh, was coerced into stepping down by Saudi Arabia as it seeks to hit back against Iran and its Lebanese Shi‘ite ally Hezbollah.

“Keeping Hariri with restricted freedom in Riyadh is an attack on Lebanese sovereignty. Our dignity is his dignity. We will work with (foreign) states to return him to Beirut,” said the senior Lebanese official, speaking on condition of anonymity because the government had yet to declare this position.

Hariri aides had until Thursday denied he was under house arrest but took a dramatically different tone after a meeting of the Future Movement convened at Hariri’s Beirut residence on Thursday.

A statement read by former prime minister Fouad Siniora said his return was “necessary to recover respect for Lebanon’s internal and external balance, and in the framework of full respect for Lebanese legitimacy”.

Saudi Arabia this week lumped Lebanon together with Hezbollah as parties that are hostile to it, breaking with a long-established policy that has drawn a line between them and raising concerns of further Saudi measures.

The senior Lebanese politician close to Hariri said: “When he went (to Saudi Arabia) he was asked to stay there and ordered to resign. They ordered him to read his resignation statement and he has been held under house arrest since.”

Two U.S. officials said the Saudis, led by Crown Prince Mohammed, had “encouraged” Hariri to leave office.

While Lebanese officials were initially quiet, there seems to be an emerging consensus across the various political factions that the Saudis kidnapped Hariri and that such an action is unacceptable. While the Saudis are clearly trying to cause chaos in Lebanon, it seems Lebanese leadership, as well as the people on the street, have no interest in civil strife and renewed violence given all that’s happened to them in recent decades. This puts further pressure on the Saudis, as it seems the latest geopolitical scheme by clown prince Mohamed bin Salman is failing, just like his prior disastrous moves in Yemen and Qatar. The question now is whether or not MBS will figure out a way to escalate his provocation of Lebanon? If so, how will the U.S., Europe and the rest of the region respond?

It seems some sort of escalation is coming given that both Saudi Arabia and Kuwait have called for their citizens to evacuate Lebanon. From Haaretz:

Saudi Arabia has warned its citizens against travelling to Lebanon and asked those who in the country to leave as soon as possible, the kingdom’s official news agency quoted an official source in the Foreign Ministry as saying.

“Due to the circumstances in the Lebanese Republic, the kingdom asks its citizens who are visiting or residing” in the country to leave it as soon as possible, the source added.

Circumstances it created, of course.

The Foreign Ministry of Kuwait ordered its citizens to leave Lebanon immediately as well.

Switching gears, while things continue to bubble in an extremely dangerous direction overseas, the corporate media and U.S government have been busy at work here at home in a desperate attempt to regain control of the narrative and silence patriotic whistleblowers. Let’s start with the corporate media’s recent shameless and degenerate attempt to smear William Binney.

I’ve discussed Mr. Binney over the years. Before it was decided that his character needed assassination, here’s how NPR described him back in 2014:

Bill Binney worked at the National Security Agency nearly three decades as one of its leading crypto-mathematicians. He then became one of its leading whistleblowers.

Now 70 and on crutches, both legs lost to diabetes, Binney recalls the July morning seven years ago when a dozen gun-wielding FBI agents burst through the front door of his home, at the end of a cul-de-sac a 10-minute drive from NSA headquarters in Fort Meade, Md.

“I first knew that they were in there when they were pointing a gun at me as I was coming out of the shower,” Binney says.

When I ask him why the agents were there, he replies: “Well, it was to keep us quiet.”

For Binney, the decision to quit the NSA and become a whistleblower began a few weeks after the terrorist attacks of Sept. 11, 2001, when he says he discovered the spy agency had begun using software he’d created to scoop up information on Americans — all without a court order.

“I had to get out of there, because they were using the program I built to do domestic spying, and I didn’t want any part of it, I didn’t want to be associated with it,” he says. “I look at it as basically treason. They were subverting the Constitution.”

It’s no wonder the out of control, unconstitutional U.S. surveillance state doesn’t like Mr. Binney, but what the media did to him over the past week is clownishly evil and intentional. It started when The Intercept reported that CIA director Mike Pompeo had meet with Binney at Trump’s request to discuss a memo he signed along with other members of Veteran Intelligence Professionals for Sanity (VIPS) claiming the DNC email breach was the result of a leak and not a hack. Fellow celebrated whistleblower Thomas Drake and other members of VIPS disagreed and refused to sign the memo, making it controversial. That said, Binney’s character and credentials should not be called into question.

For more: https://libertyblitzkrieg.com/2017/11/10/things-are-escalating-quickly/